volume 3: The Founder's Prayer Book

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

volume 3: The Founder's Prayer Book

Post by onizuka-gto »

lets discuss volume 3 in this thread.

special thanks to momogan who seems to be on a roll right now, the progress is very good.

so please everyone lets all help to polish the script up!

:)
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
IrishHaremOtaku
Astral Realm

Post by IrishHaremOtaku »

With pleasure.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

fantastic!
more chapters are up.
momogan is on a roll.

"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Astral Realm

Sporadic Translations

Post by Guest »

Instead of doing sporadic translations of random chapters (as defined by those not already assigned to other translators), is it possible for Momogan to take over translation from some of the other translators? I suggest this as the 'taken' chapters have not been updated in a VERY long time ...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Anonymous wrote:Instead of doing sporadic translations of random chapters (as defined by those not already assigned to other translators), is it possible for Momogan to take over translation from some of the other translators? I suggest this as the 'taken' chapters have not been updated in a VERY long time ...
While I wish this can be done, however those chapters have been registered already by others, while this is an unavoidable flaw of the "first come, first serve" policy, it is unfair for us to simply remove them just because someone else is progressing faster then them.

However if momogan is willing to help fill in the chapters that are lagging behind, we do have guidelines in regards to this, which can be found here:

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1433

as long as momogan follow these procedures, lose of dignity is restored, honour is preserved, and harmony is once more align with the planets....or something like that.

its not my place to ask momogan to do those chapters, translators have the freedom to do whatever chapters they wish, so if your really really desperate, i suggest you contact momogan your self and get down on your knees and beg/kiss his/her feet, or something along that line.

@Onizukademongto
IrishHaremOtaku
Astral Realm

Yeah, the dispersal of the chapters is offputting.....
Momogan
Astral Realm

Post by Momogan »

I'll finish off volume 3 first and then perhaps start on those chapters if they haven't been updated yet (those guidelines seem awfully troublesome >_>).

I hope my translations aren't too rigid. There are a couple of names which i can't get, like that stew Siesta makes (i'm starting to remember how much i hate siesta as i translate this) and that city Saito says he's from.

Um, i accidentally posted this message on that guidelines thread, sorry
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

No problem. The fact that you're actually translating is really nice. Thanks a lot. :D

Deleted your post by the way (it was requested, I didn't do it randomly!).
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

I can't believe anyone managed to use "hate" and "Siesta" in the same sentence. :shock:
Momogan
Astral Realm

Post by Momogan »

Siestas just an annoying obstacle between Louise and Saito :P
IrishHaremOtaku
Astral Realm

No no no!

Siesta is what makes an ok book, into an awesome book!
Saito needs hos. Siesta, Louise, her Highness, Siesta's cousin, Kirche....

Siesta deserves to win if anyone does. She has visible boobs lol
Last edited by IrishHaremOtaku on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Momogan
Astral Realm

Post by Momogan »

I'm quite a novice at this coding stuff, could someone teach me how to create a translator's note? or perhaps just direct me to a page that lists all the codes (can't seem to find it), before i clutter the history with pointless edits >_>
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Well, depends on the type. Making translator's notes are easy, just PM me them or just put them on the forums. Someone (probably me cause everyone else is lazy) will do it.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Momogan wrote:I'm quite a novice at this coding stuff, could someone teach me how to create a translator's note? or perhaps just direct me to a page that lists all the codes (can't seem to find it), before i clutter the history with pointless edits >_>
check this page out:

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... ator_Notes

this should help you with the basics.

if your still stuck, just p.m. me.

@Onizukademongto
Momogan
Astral Realm

Post by Momogan »

thanks for the quick responses, i tried that thing but it somehow produced some jargon for me :cry:

In chapter 8 volume 3, just do a ctrl + f for "When the wind blows, those who sell barrels prosper" (without quotation marks), the note: Proverb. 風が吹けば、桶屋が儲かる, means "Bliss often falls into the hands of an unexpected person."

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”