SKIPPING AHEAD TO VOL. 8!!!!!!

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Should we start Translation at Volume 08?

1: Yes (Reason)
33%
2: No (Reason)
67%
3: Other (Give decent explanation)
No votes

Total votes: 21

Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: SKIPPING AHEAD TO VOL. 8!!!!!!

Post by Dan »

I'm with TGM. I don't like to spoil myself, so we feel the same as you probably feel waiting for volume eight.
Mukki
Astral Realm

Post by Mukki »

Dan wrote:I'm with TGM. I don't like to spoil myself, so we feel the same as you probably feel waiting for volume eight.
Well, as much as I don't want to say it, it's best to go with what the majority of people will be happy with, which happens to be continuing in order, but would it be possible to get a detailed synopsis of volume 8 akin to Sushi-Y's summaries from someone who's read it? I mean, I know I'm not entitled to it, but if someone is generous enough to do so, I'm sure it would tide over a few people. :)
Const2k
Senior Project Editor

Post by Const2k »

Mukki wrote:But now I ask, if we focus energy on the earlier novels, they'll be taken right back down once the official translations are released.
And why do you think later novels won't "be taken right back down once the official translations are released"?
Mukki wrote:If we focused on volume 8, at least it'd be able to stay up for a while as opossed to say, volume 4 which will end up being taken down the moment it's completed.
That's a gross exaggeration. From official website of Seven Seas Ent.:
Zero's Familiar:
Volume One
Street Date: December 2008 [skip]
Volume Two
Street Date: TBA 2009 [skip]
Volume Three
Volume Four
Volume 4 seems to be sheduled for release somewhere around the end of 2009, that is around two years in the future. Considering its current progress on B-T, my estimation is that it won't take over a year (at most) to be finished by B-T. Again, if 7S are going to release 4 volumes/year, vol.8 will be published somewhere close to 2011, and there are 9 months left to removal of vol.1. Vol.2 will be next, in about a year.

So, speaking honestly, what volume do you think is more important for B-T to translate first?
Mukki wrote:Doesn't that just seem like a waste of time and energy?
Indeed it is a waste of time and energy.. to translate vol.8 prior to previous volumes.
Last edited by Const2k on Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To Edit & Punish. Securing the Stability of the Wikicommunist State."
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Mukki wrote:Well, as much as I don't want to say it, it's best to go with what the majority of people will be happy with, which happens to be continuing in order, but would it be possible to get a detailed synopsis of volume 8 akin to Sushi-Y's summaries from someone who's read it? I mean, I know I'm not entitled to it, but if someone is generous enough to do so, I'm sure it would tide over a few people. :)
Novel 8 Chapter 1:
Spoiler! :
Guiche was back at school and showed off in a classroom the Order of the White Hair he got during the war.
He explained to the excited students how he defeated an oak demon with his platoon.
But one student wasn't excited at all and sighed: Montmorency.
She left the classroom and Guiche followed her in a hurry.
There we have an animated discussion between the two: Montmorency was unhappy because he did things without consulting her. She spoke of the academy being attacked while there was no boy and how she could perhaps have save Colbert-sensei if she had been a better water mage.

Guiche thought of the rumor that Saito had been left in Albion and had confronted an army of 70000 to delay it, and wondered if it was true because in that case regrettably it was very likely that he would have died.
Ever since Louise came back at school she had been depressed, didn't talk and shuted herself up in her room.

After Saito's sacrifice and the safe withdrawal of the allied forces, the Galia fleet had entered the war and Cromwell was blown off.
The Albion army had surrendered because of the confusion and the overwhelming difference in force. The allied forces had been dissolved during the third week after Albion surrender and the students of the magic school who had been temporary officer, had come back to the school.

In the evening.
Guiche was strolling and thought of how he met Saito and dueled him in the Vestri Plaza.
He thouhgt of how he got drunk one day with Saito in his tent next to the tower of fire.
He talked to himself about him being friend with Saito even though Saito was a commoner.
Inside Saito's tent Guiche found his familiar Verdandi. Guiche decided to make a statue of Saito since knowing Saito the rumor were certainly true: he had certainly fought an army of 70000 and died doing it.

Louise, with the sweater she had knitted for Saito on her head, was on her bed holding her knees.
She looked at the notebook computer and then the pendant hung around her neck.
She started to cry, thinking of everything Saito had done for her: rescuing her from Fouquet's golem, rescuing her from Waldes, facing the huge battleship, facing the tornado of water conjured by Henrietta.

In the royal palace, Henrietta was in the duty room and discussed the end of the war with Cardinal Mazarin.
The Cardinal gave her the list of the people killed during the war.
Henrietta started to weep and cry, blaming herself for going to war mostly for revenge without truly realizing the consequences. After some words the Cardinal left the room and Henrietta called the financial lord. She wanted to sell everything which belonged to the royal family in the royal palace. Even her bed, she said that a bunch of straw is enough for her.
She wanted the money distributed equally for the people who had died during the war.
After the financial lord had left the room, she continued to read the list of names.
She held her breath when she read the last name of the list.
A name of unusual sound that she had heard once before, was written there.
Novel 8 Chapter 2: Saito's morning
Spoiler! :
Saito woke up in his bed in his house in Tokyo. It was 8:30am. He was late for school and dashed off from his house.
On the way he met Siesta with the uniform of his school and then Louise, then Henrietta, then Scarron and Jessica, then Cattleya, then Tabitha and finally Kirche (I'm not going to detail more than that because too many things happen but there are a lot of funny scenes).
In the end, Saito woke up, realised that he was dreaming and found himself in an unknown room.
He remembered fighting an army of 70000 and wondered how he had survived.
His body ached and was covered in bandage but a lot of his wounds were healed.
He started to look for Derflinger to get some answers but didn't find him in the room.
He tried to get up but the pain didn't allow him.
Then the door opened and a girl with golden hair entered.
Mukki
Astral Realm

Post by Mukki »

Const2k wrote:
Mukki wrote:But now I ask, if we focus energy on the earlier novels, they'll be taken right back down once the official translations are released.
And why do you think later novels won't "be taken right back down once the official translations are released"?
Mukki wrote:If we focused on volume 8, at least it'd be able to stay up for a while as opossed to say, volume 4 which will end up being taken down the moment it's completed.
That's a gross exaggeration. From official website of Seven Seas Ent.:
Zero's Familiar:
Volume One
Street Date: December 2008 [skip]
Volume Two
Volume Three
Volume Four
Volume 4 seems to be sheduled for release somewhere around the end of 2009, that is around two years in the future. Considering its current progress on B-T, my estimation is that it won't take over a year (at most) to be finished by B-T. Again, if 7S are going to release 4 volumes/year, vol.8 will be published somewhere close to 2011, and there are 9 months left to removal of vol.1. Vol.2 will be next, in about a year.

So, speaking honestly, what volume do you think is more important for B-T to translate first?
Mukki wrote:Doesn't that just seem like a waste of time and energy?
Indeed it is a waste of time and energy.. to translate vol.8 prior to previous volumes.
I can't believe you're still dragging this on, but I will just say that yes, obviously every volume would have to be taken back down, but with volume 8, it would be up for about 2 years more than say a previous volume. I never said it wouldn't be taken down, just that it would be up longer, which is a fact. Whether or not it's worthwhile is up to you, but I don't see why you're still pressing the issue after my last post. Seriously.
Vaelis wrote:Novel 8 Chapter 1:
You are an awesome person and quite possibly my hero. :)
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

good.
everyone is happy now.

now move along, stop slowing the traffic.

*push the crowd to the pavement to open the road again*

:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Matt122004
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Matt122004 »

What we need is 8 more translators like Serenade_Beta. Then we could translate a novel per week! :shock:

-Matt :lol:
Currently Reading: Dantalian no Shoka 1 Image
DeotoxSlayer
Astral Realm

Post by DeotoxSlayer »

Matt122004 wrote:What we need is 8 more translators like Serenade_Beta. Then we could translate a novel per week! :shock:

-Matt :lol:
Or Kinny, but I guess she gave up tranlating a while ago, though I wonder if she got anywhere on that underground SnS translations 8) 8) 8)

Anyways for all those who wanted to skip ahead to volume 8 your wish has come true, ArchMageXin has decided to skip ahead to volume 8, and is currently translating Volume 8 chapter 1.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Kinny goes where kinny goes. no one can stop kinny.

kinny flies as free as the electric breeze! (off-peak times/conditions varies on network traffic)

But seriously, i think maybe that's why Kinny has given us ones help, we don't ask it for any commitments except those they want to do, and is free to roam again.

i don't think any of the translators currently active here, will ever beat kinny's "one volume in two days" record.

:)

Well just another legend that is Suzumiya Haruhi. (hallow be thy name!)

:lol:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

I am thinking to do several chapter at once to avoid burnout. So I will have two three translation going at the same time.
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

Vaelis wrote:
Mukki wrote:Well, as much as I don't want to say it, it's best to go with what the majority of people will be happy with, which happens to be continuing in order, but would it be possible to get a detailed synopsis of volume 8 akin to Sushi-Y's summaries from someone who's read it? I mean, I know I'm not entitled to it, but if someone is generous enough to do so, I'm sure it would tide over a few people. :)
Novel 8 Chapter 1:
Spoiler! :
Guiche was back at school and showed off in a classroom the Order of the White Hair he got during the war.
He explained to the excited students how he defeated an oak demon with his platoon.
But one student wasn't excited at all and sighed: Montmorency.
She left the classroom and Guiche followed her in a hurry.
There we have an animated discussion between the two: Montmorency was unhappy because he did things without consulting her. She spoke of the academy being attacked while there was no boy and how she could perhaps have save Colbert-sensei if she had been a better water mage.

Guiche thought of the rumor that Saito had been left in Albion and had confronted an army of 70000 to delay it, and wondered if it was true because in that case regrettably it was very likely that he would have died.
Ever since Louise came back at school she had been depressed, didn't talk and shuted herself up in her room.

After Saito's sacrifice and the safe withdrawal of the allied forces, the Galia fleet had entered the war and Cromwell was blown off.
The Albion army had surrendered because of the confusion and the overwhelming difference in force. The allied forces had been dissolved during the third week after Albion surrender and the students of the magic school who had been temporary officer, had come back to the school.

In the evening.
Guiche was strolling and thought of how he met Saito and dueled him in the Vestri Plaza.
He thouhgt of how he got drunk one day with Saito in his tent next to the tower of fire.
He talked to himself about him being friend with Saito even though Saito was a commoner.
Inside Saito's tent Guiche found his familiar Verdandi. Guiche decided to make a statue of Saito since knowing Saito the rumor were certainly true: he had certainly fought an army of 70000 and died doing it.

Louise, with the sweater she had knitted for Saito on her head, was on her bed holding her knees.
She looked at the notebook computer and then the pendant hung around her neck.
She started to cry, thinking of everything Saito had done for her: rescuing her from Fouquet's golem, rescuing her from Waldes, facing the huge battleship, facing the tornado of water conjured by Henrietta.

In the royal palace, Henrietta was in the duty room and discussed the end of the war with Cardinal Mazarin.
The Cardinal gave her the list of the people killed during the war.
Henrietta started to weep and cry, blaming herself for going to war mostly for revenge without truly realizing the consequences. After some words the Cardinal left the room and Henrietta called the financial lord. She wanted to sell everything which belonged to the royal family in the royal palace. Even her bed, she said that a bunch of straw is enough for her.
She wanted the money distributed equally for the people who had died during the war.
After the financial lord had left the room, she continued to read the list of names.
She held her breath when she read the last name of the list.
A name of unusual sound that she had heard once before, was written there.
Novel 8 Chapter 2: Saito's morning
Spoiler! :
Saito woke up in his bed in his house in Tokyo. It was 8:30am. He was late for school and dashed off from his house.
On the way he met Siesta with the uniform of his school and then Louise, then Henrietta, then Scarron and Jessica, then Cattleya, then Tabitha and finally Kirche (I'm not going to detail more than that because too many things happen but there are a lot of funny scenes).
In the end, Saito woke up, realised that he was dreaming and found himself in an unknown room.
He remembered fighting an army of 70000 and wondered how he had survived.
His body ached and was covered in bandage but a lot of his wounds were healed.
He started to look for Derflinger to get some answers but didn't find him in the room.
He tried to get up but the pain didn't allow him.
Then the door opened and a girl with golden hair entered.
Hmm, who is Cattleya? I am reading the chapter and decide to translate, it will help me spot the names.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

ArchmageXin wrote:Hmm, who is Cattleya? I am reading the chapter and decide to translate, it will help me spot the names.
Louise's older sister: 卡特莉婭 (Cattleya)
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

Vaelis wrote:
ArchmageXin wrote:Hmm, who is Cattleya? I am reading the chapter and decide to translate, it will help me spot the names.
Louise's older sister: 卡特莉婭 (Cattleya)
That explain the strange dog fetish I couldn't understand. Anyway, on ward to translation!

Did the blonde sister ever show up?
Teh_Lemur
Astral Realm

Post by Teh_Lemur »

(I made this account to help with the vote, but later on I may be able to help with some of the stuff that happens here, except translating, as a sorry high schooler I want to learn either japanese or chinese(simplified) but It would take quite a long time -_-) I went with yes because even though I would like full translations of 6 and 7 to read, I hear that there are summaries for those two volumes(can't find them though) so I would like to see volume 8 as this apparantly is one of the greater and more moving volumes, and seeing as how nothing on the net is really either translated or summarized, volume 8 would be the best to begin...and its not like you guys are going to never translate the old volumes, so it shouldn't be bad :D
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

This skipping ahead already 'encouraged' one of our active translators, Momogan to become much less active. Mostly because skipping ahead is really annoying, specially when a lot of important details were missed in the anime. Such skips do not help the translation much, thats for sure.

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”