Volume 4 Chapter 2 Preview Is Up

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Volume 4 Chapter 2 Preview Is Up

Post by Darknemo2000 »

For those eager reading fu\rther i would recommend waiting than reading Matt;s version.

Since even with the chapter that Vaelis edited i have found some minor some not so minor stuff missing.

I only edited the very beginning so I cannot point the bigger skips but he did missed few words, and in one case changed the sentences completely.

The sentence that I am talking about is "Tabitha sent a word to her family..." Instead it is "Tabitha's family sent a coach.." as you can see the meaning is different as active is not Tabitha but her family.

There may be more such mishaps so i would recommend you to read it after I would finish editing it (which I will work on eventually, though the virus definitely slows the things for me).

Yes I am a machine translator but 1) I use Japanese raws (Matt used chinese ones) 2) He didnt know Japanese language. Though I am not fluent to translate it by myself I still can read more simple sentences without the need of dictionaries or MT so it give s me an advantage... 3) The MT he used cannot compare to atlas... 5) He didn't used much of additional dictionaries... and 6) He used Babelfish..And Babelfish is a plague...The worst translation program ever...

These all things do make my edits more credible. Though I still have to give credits for Matt on his devoted work..It is just that it is possible to make MT bit better than he did...

For those who want to follow strory without jumps it doesnt matter for now as Serenade still hasnt finished his version anyway, to connect it with Matt's...
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Yes your MTs are the best there are around here DN. 8) I wonder where Matt ran off to anyways. :?
Matt122004
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Matt122004 »

Hey guys, sorry, been kind of busy with the whole announcement of the Eureka Seven Movie.

Anyways, I think ch. 4 just needs editing, thanks to Vaelis it's been plished alot.

-Matt :)
Currently Reading: Dantalian no Shoka 1 Image
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

All right finished looking through 4th chapter. Due to Vaelis work I had almsot nothing to do, just one sentence to translate which was left out and add few words there and here...

Will go through the next ones, but since those are not edited by Vaelis I guess it will take much more work and time to finish...
Matt122004
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Matt122004 »

Thank you so much darknemo, I, along with everyone would be happy to finally say that the first 4 novels can be fully read. I just wish the translation of vol. 5 ch. 2 would continue, the translator is taking awhile.

-Matt :)
Currently Reading: Dantalian no Shoka 1 Image

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”