Is Baka-Tsuki still accepting translators for this project?

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

r691175002
Astral Realm

Re: Is Baka-Tsuki still accepting translators for this project?

Post by r691175002 »

Darknemo2000 wrote:No one did chapter 9. What I did it was a preview based on machine translator.
Sure since its not free program it is much better than the crap like babelfish but its still machine mostly and it can mess quite a few things...
So it is not a human translation and only a machine for those who want to know what happens without caring about quality all that much.
IMO The machine translation is pretty good. I'm sure that it would be easy to work out a high quality translation just by fixing up the machine copy and asking a real translator about the meaning behind any particularly convoluted sentences.

I noticed that the preview pages are locked from editing, but I think that the idea has potential. I could probably fix the English up pretty quickly (At most a few days a chapter).

I think that doing preview translations for some of the chapters that and holding back an entire volume would be a good idea (Aka volume 3 and possibly 5).
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

So how do I get myself to be added to the translator team? Do I need to translate an volume to be counted?
DeotoxSlayer
Astral Realm

Post by DeotoxSlayer »

ArchmageXin wrote:So how do I get myself to be added to the translator team? Do I need to translate an volume to be counted?
No you don't, you just have to be in the process of tranlsating a chapter, I think the only reason you haven't been adaed to the translating team is cause the mods are lazy, or forgot to do it.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Vaelis »

ArchmageXin wrote:So how do I get myself to be added to the translator team? Do I need to translate an volume to be counted?
In the wiki or in the forum?

In the forum, you have been added to the project editors group (well it's certainly a mistake you should have been added to the project translators group instead).

In the wiki, it's done too the name ArchmageXin have been added but you should create an account with this name.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

DeotoxSlayer wrote:
No you don't, you just have to be in the process of tranlsating a chapter, I think the only reason you haven't been adaed to the translating team is cause the mods are lazy, or forgot to do it.
lies.

i'm never lazy. just have low blood pressure.....
Vaelis wrote: In the forum, you have been added to the project editors group (well it's certainly a mistake you should have been added to the project translators group instead).
*grumble*

need morning coffee.....

oh, your one of the group leader for the Translation group Vaelis, technically you should be able to add and manage the group....

don't ask me how, i dunno how to do it the none admin way....

:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

onizuka-gto wrote:don't ask me how, i dunno how to do it the none admin way....

Well, I don't know either :P
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

Vaelis wrote:
onizuka-gto wrote:don't ask me how, i dunno how to do it the none admin way....

Well, I don't know either :P
Vaelis! Your raw is contaimainted! It also have chapter Six in it as well. No wonder how I been translating so long and the chapter is still not over.

The only problem here is I am not sure when did the other chapter starts...
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

ArchmageXin wrote:Vaelis! Your raw is contaimainted! It also have chapter Six in it as well. No wonder how I been translating so long and the chapter is still not over.

Arg sorry. In the chinese raw, the titles of the chapters are sometimes missing.

The end of the chapter 5:

打開門,三人躍向了夜晚的拉•羅捨爾的街頭。

「碼頭在這裡。」

瓦爾德走在最前面。路易絲跟在後面。才人押在最後面。

月色中,三人的影子向遠方,低低地延伸著。

Chapter 6 (already translated):

確認完才人他們往後面方向奔去之後,丘魯克對基修命令道。

「接下來,要準備開始了喔。我說基修,廚房裡應該有個倒了油的鍋子對吧。」
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

Vaelis wrote:
ArchmageXin wrote:Vaelis! Your raw is contaimainted! It also have chapter Six in it as well. No wonder how I been translating so long and the chapter is still not over.

Arg sorry. In the chinese raw, the titles of the chapters are sometimes missing.

The end of the chapter 5:

打開門,三人躍向了夜晚的拉•羅捨爾的街頭。

「碼頭在這裡。」

瓦爾德走在最前面。路易絲跟在後面。才人押在最後面。

月色中,三人的影子向遠方,低低地延伸著。

Chapter 6 (already translated):

確認完才人他們往後面方向奔去之後,丘魯克對基修命令道。

「接下來,要準備開始了喔。我說基修,廚房裡應該有個倒了油的鍋子對吧。」
No prob. I will watch for the cut off line.

Paste me some more raw later. End of V.7 and beginning of 8 preferred. Or V5's ch2 or ch3.

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”