Major Edits: Vaelis

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Major Edits: Vaelis

Post by onizuka-gto »

Moved from my private message box to open forum, due to the nature of the message.

Hello

Since i've done a lot of editions and uploads during the last two days in the baka-tsuki wiki of Zero no Tsukaima, i think it might be a good idea to tell you exactly what i have done.

- i have uploaded the missing pictures of vol 2&3
- i have uploaded all the pictures of vol 4&5&6
- i have inserted the pictures in the translated chapters
- i have put the color illustrations and the insert&back cover of volume 1 before the name "Kingdom of Magic" (in the overview page) since it isn't a part of the "arc"
- i have done a full text version of the volume 1 (because all the chapters have been translated)
- i have moved the translator's note of every chapter which were in the translated page to the talk page
- i have modified or added two-way links between the words/sentences and their translator's notes
- i have modified a little the format of the title in every chapter:
replacing ''' '''by === === (a lot of chapter were already with === ===)
replacing the number by the number in letter (a lot of chapter were already with the number in letter)
- i have created the full text version of volume 2 and 3 but didn't put the link to them since they aren't complete (yes I got a little carried away
but ... well ... they are ready for when the volume are complete ^^ and it's not a problem since people can't find them by accident)
- i have modified a little the name of the pictures in the color illustration of volume 1 (removing chapter 1, chapter 2.1, etc and adding page 57, page 89, etc since half of the pictures were with "chapter xx" and the other half were with "page xxx")
- i have removed the tag [proofreading stage] for the completed chapters in volume 2
- i have added the title of the volume 13

Well that's all (i hope i haven't done any mistake).

I have a question about the author's notes of volume 1.
It was in the overview page but not in the registration page -> nobody has translated it.
And i think there are author's notes in volume 2, 3, etc but they aren't in the overview page.

If nobody is going to translate those notes then it would be better to remove it for Volume 1 in the overview page (and in the registration page since i have added it there)

I have another question. The chapter 1 in volume 1 is the only chapter with "Credits" at the end of the chapter. It's not really a problem when you read the volume chapter per chapter but when you read the full text version, it's not really "pretty".
I was wondering if it was possible to put a <noinclude> </noinclude> around the Credits, so that it's only displayed in the chapter page but not in the full text page.
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Dear Vaelis,

thank you for your contributions,

I have noticed your unusual frequency in Z.N.T.

But i would be hard press to evaluate the current changes you have edited, and it is best advised you post your changes on the Z.N.T forum with a new thread, so that all interested contributors and b-t staff can openly view it.

Which i have done so, already.

So you should be reading this post due to the redirect link i replied to your private message.

So to your questions:
I have a question about the author's notes of volume 1.
It was in the overview page but not in the registration page -> nobody has translated it.
And i think there are author's notes in volume 2, 3, etc but they aren't in the overview page.

If nobody is going to translate those notes then it would be better to remove it for Volume 1 in the overview page (and in the registration page since i have added it there)
For this matter, it is general advised not to move these notes to the registration page, usually if you cannot find a page to put them anywhere, the best part is to put these author notes in the "discussion" page for the corresponding chapters. creating the pages if necessary, they are after all reserved for used by the translators for additional notes.

I have another question. The chapter 1 in volume 1 is the only chapter with "Credits" at the end of the chapter. It's not really a problem when you read the volume chapter per chapter but when you read the full text version, it's not really "pretty".
I was wondering if it was possible to put a <noinclude> </noinclude> around the Credits, so that it's only displayed in the chapter page but not in the full text page.
Credits?

ahhh...i see it now.

i see. well that was the result of the collaboration days.

Personally i would like to keep it for record purposes, in this regards i suggest moving it to the discussion page with an appendix note for those who are curious, as it would be criminal in my opinion to erase information with regards to the history of our work here. best to keep an open history then to hide it like those capitalistic lying scums!

Never shall we repeat the failures of those ignorance of histories lessons!

:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Vaelis
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Vaelis »

onizuka-gto wrote:For this matter, it is general advised not to move these notes to the registration page, usually if you cannot find a page to put them anywhere, the best part is to put these author notes in the "discussion" page for the corresponding chapters. creating the pages if necessary, they are after all reserved for used by the translators for additional notes.
I'm speaking of the Author's notes/postscript of the whole volume.

In volume 1 it's this :

あとがき

このお話は、僕たちの世界の少年が、異世界の女の子魔法使いの使い魔になってしまい、散々にこきつかわれ、恋と冒険に巻き込まれていくファンタジーロマンです。
 主人公が使い魔として召喚されてしまった世界は、魔法使いが『貴族』として威張っている世界です。歴史の授業でやった封建社会です。貴族ってのはボンヤリと、偉そうでなんか立派な人、というイメージなのですが、実際には王様から領地を貰《もら》って、その土地の人々を絵める身分の人たちを指します。もちろん、ただで領地がもらえるわけではありません。戦争の時には、貴族は出征する義務を負います。
 そして、ヨーロッパでは基本的に貴族の名字は所有する土地の名前です。作中にド・ラ・ヴァリエールという名字の女の子が出てきますが、これはラ・ヴァリエールという土地を治める貴族だから、その名字を名乗っているのです。面白いですね。
 そんな感じの、中世ヨーロッパの封建制を下敷きにしたファンタジー小説を常々書きたいと思っておりました。何故なら誇り高き貴族たちが名誉のために生き、名誉のために死んでいった時代だからです。ほんとはお金のためだったり、好きな女のためだったりするのですが、なにより『誇りと名誉』は重んじられた。そんな時代と世界がロマン以外の何物だというのでしょうか。ファンタジーというのはロマンなのです。ロマンが詰まってナンボなのです。
 本音と建前を情熱にくるみ、貴族たちは魔法を唱《とな》えます。イエス。科学の代わりに魔法が世の理《ことわり》を支配する異世界ハルケギニアはそんな世界なのであります。
 そして、ああ、僕はなんというか、異世界に対する憧《あこが》れというのが強い。
 とにかく、ここじゃないどこかに行きたいという欲求が常にあります。初めて訪れる街が好きです。異国の写真を眺めるのが好きです。月の裏側ならなお素晴らしい。そこが、『ここ』ではない、どこか別の世界なら、言うことはありません。ロマンが詰まってたら、もっと言うことはありません。そんな世界を歩いてみたい。主人公がこっちの世界の人間であるのはそんな理由からです。
 異世界の恋と冒険、そして貴族の名誉、これこそがロマンだとワインに酔った頭で僕は思うのであります。ロマンはいつだって僕の胸をはやらせ、加速させてくれるのです。
Personally i would like to keep it for record purposes, in this regards i suggest moving it to the discussion page with an appendix note for those who are curious, as it would be criminal in my opinion to erase information with regards to the history of our work here. best to keep an open history then to hide it like those capitalistic lying scums!

I have the same opinion that's why i have ask :)
The <noinclude> was to let the Credits visible when you read the chapter page but to remove it when you read the full text version page.
It's the same thing used for the navigation bar.

Moving it to the discussion page is indeed another solution.

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”