Vol.3-chapter 4 - "Edict"

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Vol.3-chapter 4 - "Edict"

Post by onizuka-gto »

1.1 Edict

Throughout the chapter the word "edict" is used to refer to something Louise has to say during the Princess's wedding ceremony.

1. A decree or proclamation issued by an authority and having the force of law. 2. A formal pronouncement or command.

Though the material from the chapters where Louise actually gets the assignment from the princess are missing, the sense I get is Louise is to deliver a speech about the princess, not issuing law.

Would speech be more accurate here?

--Delwack 10:01, 16 November 2007 (PST)

At first i thought so too, but the it uses the word 詔, which has the definition of "imperial decree or imperial edict", edict definetly doesn't sound right for a wedding though...

--

Alright, for the time being, I'm gonna leave it alone. It'll probably be clearer once the chapters containing what Louise is acutally supposed to be doing are translated, and the passages can be adjusted then.

--Delwack 11:33, 16 November 2007 (PST)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”