Joining the project?

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

SaiyaJedi
Astral Realm

Joining the project?

Post by SaiyaJedi »

I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this in, but...

I noticed this project a while ago, but I was under the mistaken impression that it was a closed one, and later on, having become impatient, I went ahead and translated the first chapter, which can be found here. Since then, however, I've been encouraged by several individuals to join... so here I am.

I am a native speaker of American English. I'm not completely fluent in Japanese, but I've studied the language for 3 years, having spent a semester of that time in Kyoto. Right now I'm studying to take the JLPT level 2 exam in the spring, so I'm using Zero no Tsukaima as a way of schooling myself on kakikotoba and all the various turns of phrase and vocabulary that appear in writing but not speech.

I also have my own manual of style that I created for my own purposes. Not having access to this project's Unified Format Guideline, I don't know how well it meshes with what's been going on here, but do understand that I'm kind of attached to my own terminology, having done a fair amount of research on my own to determine the most appropriate name spellings, etc. Hopefully it won't be too much of an issue.

So... yeah. Would someone please tell me what to do next?
Cala-kun
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Zero no Tsukaima

Post by Cala-kun »

JLPT level 2... O_O That's quite amazing.

*cough* Where are my manners? :D Hi, maybe you'll remember me, maybe you won't. I'm Cala. If you haven't contacted him already, PM onizuka-gto and he'll fill you in. Otherwise, it's nice to meet you, and welcome to the project!
<@Onizuka-GTO> Cala-ko and Cala-kun sitting in the tree!
<@Onizuka-GTO> T-R-A-N-S-L-A-T-I-N-G!

A little in-joke (of sorts) that was born in irc...
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by the_naming_game »

Hi there, SaiyaJedi.
I had a look at your terms, and from what I saw, they're very close to what we have. However, I chanced upon a spoiler, and had to claw my eyes out, so I couldn't read any further on the matter...

Someone should make it "official" sometime later today, but I'll just say welcome too. Welcome!

As for what to do... if you're impatient, ch5 and up aren't taken yet...

However, you should probably just get to know us first. Grueling work later!
Baka-Tsuki, suki! Yuki, suki!
bicube
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by bicube »

As Cala said, PM Oni or wait for him to come across this thread, and he'll fill you in on the details. And welcome to baka-tsuki. Hoping to work with you in the near future XD.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Hello SaiyaJedi,

Your accounts been enabled for access at the collaboration forum, so please head over there and make yourself welcome.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”