Original LN: The Anatomy of a Pseudo-God

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

oninn
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Original LN: The Anatomy of a Pseudo-God

Post by oninn »

Genre: Comedy, Mystery, Romance, Harem, Psychological, Horror, Supernatural

PLOT:

Maria is just a boy(yup, boy) that you can spot on any corner of the street. In other words, he's perfectly normal (if you didn't consider remembering his name). Or you can even say that he's commonly normal. No special traits, no special talents, no specialty for anything.

One day, he looks for a part time job since Christmas Holiday is coming. He finally acquire a job but to his surprise, his possible employer is just a little girl who acts like an adult and speaks that she is a God. Surprising him further, she suddenly grabs his collar and declares that he too can become a God if he wanted to.

Is she really saying the truth?
Spoiler! :
Choice -1

If you can become a God, what will you do?

I’m sure I asked myself something like that in the past.

Remembering that phrase, I got too hyped up, huh. Seeming like that question is for geniuses and greenhorns alike; I just randomly posted a question scribbled on a torn-off piece of paper lying around my room.

If I myself become a God, what will I do? I’m sure my old self will jump in joy and use his powers as he pleases. He will use such great powers for personal use and obtain infinite possessions, since the past me was obsessed with material things.

But now, what will I do? If such chance to permit me to become one, what will I really do?

I don’t know the answer.

Maybe I will protect everyone and care for everyone, and if some unknown problem persists, I will save the world from peril --- I won’t say such beautiful and exciting words.

If I become a God, I may destroy the world unconsciously. In other words, the moment I become a God will be the end of human civilization.

The end of humanity.

The end.

The Armageddon.

The omega.

Everyone will perish.

Everyone will die.

Everyone.

Including myself.

Because I,

Hate myself the most.

That’s why, if anyone asks me what will I do if I become a God, I won’t answer it. Instead I will reject it. Rejecting will become the “automatic answer”.

Instantly.

I will reject it.

So fast that a fast ball will pale in comparison from it. Or something along those lines.

Whatever, talking about something like to become one (God) is impossible in the first place. I’m sure that there’s not even a 0.01 percent chance that you can become a God in a blink of an eye. Well, you can’t become a God even if you accept quests from NPCs[1] and complete them with an ‘S’ or if you met certain conditions like killing a legendary dragon or two. Life is not an RPG that you can change classes if your experience points become 100.

Therefore, you can’t say that there’s a chance for people to become a God.

You can just say that it is an impossible event.

Zero over a hundred, a thousand or a million. Or even one.

No chances of happening.

Impossible.

-In this world, having an impossible event is impossible-

I watched some anime with that concept in their beliefs. FMA[2], was it? Many anime are in fact are fully based on the RL, and some of it are a total shit. Actually, I’m not saying that the creators of that works are shit; it’s just that that their what so called work of art are a total worthless shit for me. A total worthless piece of shit. (Should I pack my things for now and prepare to get arrested or something?)

Okay, now I’m making the whole introduction a little awkward. Earlier, I’m talking about what will I do if I become a God but now I’m talking about shitty shit that will make you puke when you watch it. I’m too troublesome, huh. Realizing how petty and how shameless I act towards other people and making unorthodox piece of shitty (I really like the word shit, do I?) introduction, I guess this will become my debut work.

Or maybe my path towards oblivion. I cannot say what will really happen because even if it is stated in the bible, toran, or even comic books, no one can actually say that this or that will really happen or not.

Go with the flow, you see.

I’m such a useless piece of meat, aren’t I? Or maybe I’m just a masochist? Or maybe I am the destined one that will save the world from peril… Hey me, please stop that ridiculous act of chuunibyou[3]madness. I too am getting depressed with my dunce self.

So now please enjoy yourselves and hate me from now on.

I’m begging you. Don’t even try to like me. Or else I may destroy you.

Since if I became a God, the first one that will experience hell would be me. And you’re probably the next.

For now, I’m logging out.

-LINK OUT-[4]

Author’s terms
[1] Non-Playing Characters; RPG terms
[2] Full Metal Alchemist reference
[3] 8th grade Syndrome
[4] Sword Art Online reference
I need some feedbacks so please make a comment or say something if you can.
Last edited by oninn on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Inclined just for you.
I am normal.
carinderyeah
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Original LN: The Anatomy of a Psuedo-God

Post by carinderyeah »

So this is something like Bakemonogatari's dialogues eh?

It's good. . But I still need more to be able to give my say. .
P.S. Feel free to PM me anything you want, oh, be as random as possible
Irritated beyond endurance, I gripped the table's edge, and prepared to use the technique which had been passed down by my grandfather, namely «Table Flip».
oninn
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by oninn »

Now that you've said it, I'm a fan of NISIOISIN.

Anyway, here's the chapter 0. This one is quite long...
Spoiler! :
Choice 0

My name is <<Zerchs>>. And I am a college student at a known engineering school that is supposed to be on the main city. I am currently 19 years old.

I’m a normal college student. No. I’m ‘just’ a normal college student from a country that is on the south eastern part of the continent called Asia. Just a typical college student.

I was just leisurely living my own life. A laid back, err, it is not really necessary to call it a ‘laid back life’ since college exams and professors are kinda hard to deal with but I can at least endure it and say that my life is ‘oh sooo satisfying, I’m gooood.’ I’m not that smart, you know.

By the way, since I am a healthy 19 year old boy, some of my friends say that I’m quite a pervert and a lecher. Really, what hypocrites are they since they’re just a lecher and a pervert like me. They just say what they want to say but that doesn’t really matter to me. I’m quite flexible and understanding so I can forgive them and reply “Oh, well. I won’t deny it since it is true” and shrugs my shoulders and put a poker face.

Humans are really hard to deal with. They always wanted to step on other’s weaknesses and bring down other’s dignity. In reality, people always brings problem to other people. They are a troublesome bunch of conceited apes that think and put themselves on the spotlight even if they has push the one who’s on it.

That’s how troublesome they are.

That’s how troublesome I am.

My mother once told me that I, his son, should become a person who becomes the solution to the problem for others. And of course, I should not give problems to other people as well. For me, that statement is laughable. Look, humans always give trouble to anyone. Even if they don’t want to. That’s a fact. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try not to cause a problem to a person, you can never pull that off. That’s a fact. Your existence can even be the cause of misery to a person. That’s a fact. Even your correct choices can become a problem to a certain person. That’s a fact. Your patriotic achievement can give a problem to an unpatriotic person. That’s a fact.

My hypothesis is that only a ‘God’ can never cause a problem to anyone. To everyone. To me.

In order not to cause trouble to anyone, you must become perfect. No, you should be perfect from the beginning. Not to become perfect but you are considered as perfect from birth. And the one who’s in that category is what we called God.

I am a Catholic Christian. Yeah, that’s right. In paper, that is. I believe that there is something or someone who we can call as God but many people nowadays just blurts out ‘God this’ and ‘God that’ and they’re so freaking annoying. I hate it. People who just spouts about God, ‘who he is’, ‘what he is’ and ‘where he is’ are really brave and kind of idiotic. I know. I know. I’m quite the devil and a bad person when I’m compared to the so-called Popes and Bishops but look, do you really need to waste your time on a missionary school and study all about the bible? Bibles can be forged! Hello!? Are you listening? Bibles are considered as the word of God and many people believes that it is. At some point, I too believe in it but there’s no really need to base your life on the bible. They say that God gives us intellect so that we can choose our own path. And I chose my life not to depend on a book and believes on what I think is right. I own my life. So I will be keeping it. Also, many Catholics consider themselves as the messenger of the Lord and they spread the word of God but in reality, they just say that ‘Hey, you’re not a Catholic, right? Therefore, your religion is wrong and you will be damned and will go to hell if you don’t change your religion soon. Ku ku ku…’ Well, almost all of the religion out there does the same so I won’t complain very much on Catholicism. Yeah, Buddhism, Shintoism, Muslim, Zoroastroism and all sorts of religion is like that. More likely, the people under those religions are the one to blame. Not the religion itself.

To summarize, humans are the one who is behind for all of those unfortunate and annoying circumstances. Ahhh, my head hurts just thinking about it.

As you observed, I’m an evil person. Surely, that’s because you look at yourself as some holy being for thinking that all of what I had said are wrong and you yourself is correct. That’s your point of view, right? That’s what you believe, right? That’s what you want to believe. Don’t worry, I won’t complain nor will rebuke your conclusion. Let’s just say that you are correct. Or maybe, you can consider now that you are correct. So what? The position of ‘correct’ and ‘incorrect’ changes from person to person. Your ‘correct’ may only apply to you.

I am a normal student. But may not be a normal anymore.

I write this not because I want to, but because I need to.

To the people who read this short message, I wish for you to open your eyes. Open your minds. Open your hearts. Enlighten yourself with the truth, not with the lies of other people.

Believe in what you call the <reality>.

…is what I had read on a random blog.

This author’s style of writing is very similar to my own. Perhaps that’s what I want to think.

And most of his view points are really similar to mine.

Truthfully, reading other people’s blog is my hobby. My secret hobby, should I say.

Getting somewhat bored of what we call “the everyday life”, I indulge myself on reading blogs and forums in the net. Feeling that someday, I may find something interesting. I’m kinda bored with my life, you know? I almost did everything that can quench my thirst for excitement. Sports, news, novels, literature and arts. Almost everything. I did not excel on everything but I’m not particularly bad at anything, either. I just tried my best not to get bored but as soon as I make myself to be occupied with these things, I gradually lost interest in all of it.

Not completely, but a part of me is shouting that “I’m not contented with this!”

Break time is almost over and I finished my lunch earlier than expected. Nothing to do, I browsed my phone and searched the net for stories and blogs of other people.
Feeling like I’m some kind of a protagonist who for whatever reason that my chair was exclusively placed near the window, I unintentionally look outside and spot a large, colorful and star-shaped lantern.

Oh crap, I almost forgot that it is almost Christmas.

I don’t really give a damn about it, the holiday called Christmas. It’s just an event where people gather and celebrate “God’s birthday”.

Many people don’t even know the true essence of this holiday yet they still celebrate it since everybody is excited on its arrival. Actually, I too am hooked about this holiday when I was young. I believed in what they called <The spirit of Christmas> when I was still an elementary student. I trusted that what my parents said that Santa Claus, the long bearded guy in his red pajamas exists. He will climb down from the chimney and would secretly place our desired gifts in those large and red colored socks. But as I grow up, I finally realize that that was just a fraud. We don’t even have a chimney in the first place.

A lie.

A white lie.

Even so, I’m mortified by it. I realize that they use the idea of Santa in order for us to grow closer and gave us something to look forward to.

As I continue to fiddle my phone, the person in front of me suddenly turn her head to my direction.

“Then you should just find a girlfriend.”

“…huh?”

I tilt my head to the side as I became surprised at her remark.

“You’re bored, right? Then why don’t you just find a girlfriend?”

I frown as I realized what she really meant.

Reina Crowell. 17 years old. Female. The same class as me. Honor student. Semi blonde with a short haircut. Glasses. Serious, to a fault. Smart. Kind to everyone. Bright personality. Cute. Absurdly Cute with a nice body. You could even take note of her two large bosoms. She is just too perfect that you could even compare her to a fairy.

Or maybe that of a devil.

Really, am I breaking copyrights here? Feeling like I’m some kind of a main character from a monster story, I’m stealing his introduction about the friend he described as the class rep of all class reps.

Anyway, I know that Reina is absurdly bright but I did not think that she would even guess what I am thinking.

“It’s all on your face, you know.”

She said.

I just smile silently. I was seen through, huh. Thinking like that, I just brushed it off and made a comeback.

“Err… You mean I’m handsome?”

“… Pffft…”

“H-Hey, what’s with the rude smirk?”

She partly covers her mouth while she tries to prevent laughing.

“No, no, I was just surprised. The you of the past will never make a joke like that.”

“Hmmn, now that you’ve said it, you’re right. Wait, about me being handsome, I’m not joking about that part!”

“I know.”

She’s smiling. I don’t know if I’m being belittled or not but I get the feeling that I’m being made fun of. She, who somewhat knows my past self, can easily get to my weak side. The childhood friend route, huh.

Anyway, I’ll ignore it. I’ll go back to her first suggestion.

“Crowell, you seem to be misunderstanding something. Yes, I AM bored but that doesn’t mean that I should find a girlfriend.”

Seems to be interested on my defense, she stands up and spins her chair graciously to face me and took a seat. Making a delighted face, she begins to move her cute lips.

“Oh, really. I can see no particular reason why you should not find a girl. Also, just call me Reina like you’ve always been.”

What do you see, huh?

“There are many reasons. I’m quite picky and very meticulous about choosing who I should go out with. She needs to be a high-class lady and will love me even if I don’t take a bath for a week.”

“Hmmmn, but that’s really gross. Please remove the ‘I don’t take a bath for a week’ part.”

“E-Err, o-okay… If you say so…”

Of course that was just a figure of speech. Actually, the true reason is that having a girlfriend is too troublesome. I don’t have many friends in the first place and I’m not planning on expanding my influence. I’m contented with my human relations for the meantime. I am contented with that excuse, I mean.

Also, you mean you’ll love me if I removed the ‘I don’t take a bath’ part?

“So, you say that you-”

“Maybe.”

She just cut-off my remark.

… Well, whatever.

“Remember Reina, it’s just a matter of when. It doesn’t really matter on who I will go out with, if she’s a high-class lady and if I feel like it, I’ll just have to rely on my instincts. Ya’ get it?”

With this, I can finish this topic with ease and start a new conversation with her. I’m pretty sure that she will let me off the hook this time. If our classmates hear our conversation, the thought makes me want to hide my face with a paper bag.

After a long pause (while staring at me?), she finally ask a question.

“Okay, then if someone who’s a high-class lady in this school will confess to you and if you feel like going out with her, you’ll say yes, right?”

Reina made a gentle smile as if she had seen through my reason.

“… If only there IS a high-class lady in this school. And I doubt that will even happen in real life. That situation is possible on anime and dramas on TV. No, it’s only possible on anime and dramas.”

Look, I was only lying and trying to act like a cool guy. If you want to see a high-class lady, just look at the mirror. I’m sure you’ll definitely find her. The high-class lady that we’re talking about.

Reina is incredibly popular with this class. No, should I even say the whole school?

Her dynamite body and well-endowed proportions (please look at her breasts) are out of this world. That’s only my opinion though, I don’t know what the others think of her. And I don’t want to know. Maybe half of the boys’ population here in class uses her as a fap material.

Or maybe everyone in here, including girls.

She has that kind of body, personality and style.

She has that kind of erotic body but I did not even once thought about her like that. ---I don’t want to use such beautiful excuse again. What’s the hell is wrong with me?

Well, she’s just too cute so I can’t help it but thinking about it right now is not the appropriate time.

“Hmmmm… I see. Hehe.”

She giggled.

“Then should I just volunteer myself to become your girlfriend?”

She proclaimed, while smiling.

--Ha?

I was dumbfounded.

No, I should say that I was extremely shocked.

So shocked that I can’t even speak a word. So shocked that it leaves my mouth hanging. But that should be just my imagination.

Turning my head to the side, I keenly check if there’s someone who heard her astonishing remark.

Oh shit. Since her voice was sweet, some people in our class were secretly listening in our conversation and accidentally heard her confession (she really is popular).

Looking at their expressions, they too, are shocked.

I move my gaze at Reina who was still smiling. Perhaps should I take it as a joke? That’s should be inappropriate, right?

“Ummm…”

“So? What do you think?”

Hey, how do you think I will respond? Shall I make an excuse?

---Sorry, I’m only interested in 2D girls.

That’s not even worth considering. And there’s no responsible butler who had a debt of 150 million yen that will respond like that even if he was confessed to by his former classmate.

I made up my mind and breathe in some air.

“I’m sorry, b-but I don’t want to date someone yet. Moreover, I don’t want to date someone with half-assed feelings.” I said. I planned on replying without stuttering but my throat is so honest.

Damn you, me.

“Hmmm, is that so? Hahaha,”

She simply – laughed it out.

“That’s a good answer! Well, that’s what I’ve expected.”

Tap tap.

She’s actually tapping my shoulders. I just can’t seem to understand this girl, she’s too hard to read. Or maybe I’m just too shallow.

Sigh. I can’t help but to do a facepalm.

“Still, to bluntly reject my confession… Idiot.”

“Er, what? Did you say something?”

Eh? Did she just frown? Must be my imagination.

“N-No! Nothing. None at all!”

“You don’t need to deny it with 3 different phrases with the same meaning.”

“Well, that was kinda embarrassing…”

Her cheeks are somewhat red for some reason…

The class will soon start, should I finish this conversation promptly? Ah, now that I think about it, she’s the only one in this room that I can reach out my hand with this kind of request.

“Anyway, are you free later?”

Time to change the topic for now… Let me ask her first if she can accompany me to find something that I need right now.

“Ha? Why are you asking me that now?”

“Well, since it’s almost Christmas, I want to have some spending money, so if you can, please help me find somewhere I can find a part time job.”

I made a request since she’s the only one I can count on. Though, it is inappropriate.

“Hooh, is that how you ask for a favor?”

“W-wha, what?”

“… Do you really want me to spell it out for you? … ”

“Er, why?”

What’s with her? Normally, she would occasionally agree with me quickly but I guess there’s a time like this when women likes to be pampered. Women are creatures of the opposite sex which are complicated and are hard to comprehend. I guess this is what they called “tsundere-ing”?

I purposely straighten my back and then bow my head deeply.

“Oh my so beautiful Reina Crowell, please do me a favor and help me with my problem!”

Shit. Sometimes, she makes me do some embarrassing things. Well, I can’t really help it though. Ack, they’re looking at me again. My classmates, I mean. This feels like I’m being executed on public premises.

“Hmmn… Okay. But you really don’t need to bow your head like that…”

She gives off her usual smile.

“I see. I won’t do it again.”

“Yes, next time, please do a kowtow in from of me.”

“Wait, isn’t that worse? No, that’s the humblest form of a bow, right? I didn’t even make a 90 degree bend!”

“You should be grateful… You even rejected me earlier… Ehehe…”

She just laughs it off again, but more importantly…

So… So cute!

With that, the teacher finally arrives and starts his mathematics lesson.

I slump myself and tried to sleep but that didn’t work so I just pretend to be asleep.

Reina Crowell.

The class reps of class reps, seemingly.

Perfect body, perfect personality, perfect girl.

I know.

The girl who will love me no matter what happen.

But, just let me skip that part for now.

Ding dong.

After my imaginary bell ringed inside my head, I close my textbook and start packing my things. Really, this school doesn’t rely on bells to make sure that both professors and students forget about the time.

I’m not a model student and I hate studying but I carefully put my things inside my bag because I love anything paper related things such as books. That’s why I always take care of my things.

Since the last period has ended, I got up of my chair and approach the large breasted woman in front of my seat.

“Hey, are you thinking of something perverted?”

Like a teacher reading a book, she easily grasps what I’m thought with the snap of her fingers. At least that’s what it looks like to me.

“N-No… Not really. Anyway, are you ready?”

“Uhn, just wait a minute.”

I sat on an empty chair beside her place.

We agreed to go out (not dating) after school to help me find a part time job since my negotiation skill is almost zero. I’ve got few friends after all. Thankfully, she agreed on my plea and was now tidying up her things. Looking at her notebook, I can see her neat handwriting and fully loaded notes that contains almost everything that we’ve studied so far. I can even see some notes that were not even in the board to help her remember the difficult parts of the discussion. Heh, how diligent.

After putting her things inside her bag, she slowly stands up and look at my direction. After that, she opens her mouth gently and said,

“Then, shall we?”

“… … Let’s go.”

………She’s as attractive as ever.

As expected, many of our classmates are staring at us while we’re talking together. They seemed suspicious about what’s our relationship with each other. Just friends? Lovers? In a Master-Slave relationship (with me as the slave)? I don’t know and I don’t want to them to know. For me, Reina being near is enough for me. It’s quite complicated and a selfish feeling but that’s what I want right now. The hell, I don’t care about what other people think of me. Not that I particularly care what I think of myself, either.

Making a frown right now, I subconsciously let out an “hmph” and ignored them. I wished that Reina would do the same but she just smiled bitterly and went to her friends and said goodbye since the path towards the door was occupied by them. She really is like a class rep of class reps. I simply followed her while making an annoyed face.
After finishing her goodbyes, we finally got out of the room and start walking slowly unto the corridors.

Breaking the silence, she brings out a small notebook with an adorable design and mumbled,

“Okay, this day again… Alright, noted.”

“What, what are you doing?” I asked hesitantly.

She is scribbling something on her notebook and while doing it, her face brightened up like a sunrise. Just looking at her makes me cheerful to some degree.

“Nothing much. I’m just writing about your debts to me.”

“HA?”

“This is not the first time, right?”

“Y-Yeah… Err, wha-? Please elaborate.”

“You’ve asked me many favors, right?”

So, it has come to this, huh. I definitely knew that this time will come but it’s too soon. Accepting my requests so that you can use me as a prize in the future…

“I have always listed the date, the contents and the difficulty of each of your requests in this note,”

She slowly lifts up her right hand near to her face and then,

“that’s why I call this… the <Debt Note>.”

makes a peace sign horizontally beside her right eye.

“You don’t need to go that far to crack a joke! …More importantly, why should you keep a notebook just for that?”

She hesitated on answering my dumb question first but after a few moments, she said,

“That’s… for blackmailing.”

“Blackmailing!? Are you serious!?”

I replied with a shout.

I didn’t expect that word. No, I never once thought that she will use that word in her entire life. I believed in you, Reina. I thought that you’re the epitome of pureness and cleanliness but to hear you say that word is just… Wait, it seems that my character here was getting more of a delicate human. That’s the result of having a weak heart, I guess.

“Yes, and for your information, this was the 1037th time that you had asked for my help so I think this is the right time for me to inform you that you owe me more than 1000 times, got it?”

She… She actually counted it to 1037. How worrisome and admirable at the same time. If, if I don’t accept her reasoning for now, my pride as a man will diminish at an unbelievable rate. Assuming that I have they what you call “pride”.

“… Alright, alright. But,”

Of course, I’m not a Yes-man. Before accepting defeat and agreeing to the winner, I would always set a condition in order to protect myself from being outsmarted. Like hell a loser like that can actually prevent himself from being outsmarted. You lose because you’re outsmarted, right?

“Let me see that notebook first.”

Hearing what I’ve said, she stops walking and said,

“I… I refuse.”

I look back at her, making my face look like some sort of a confused guy but I know the true reason why she refused my condition. It’s because, simply because she was – a girl.

I have some delicacy and I am considerate to other people, and most likely if it is a girl. Girls are treasures, you see. And treasures should be taken care off with extreme cautiousness…

“Well, if you say so…”

And of course, that’s a lie. I’m not considerate at all. Time to plan to snatch that notebook from her in the future.

After finishing our stupid conversation, we just continue to walk silently until we got out of the school.

The school that we’re attending to was near the shopping district and the park. A normal setting for a high school compared to a school that was above a hilltop where you need to climb it while your teachers are leisurely using their cars to ignore that ridiculous slope nor a school that was located on a man-made island just south of the Rainbow bridge, with a land area of 2 kilometers from the north to the south and 500 meters from the east to the west, where the so-called “Buteis” were being brought up.
Those kinds of schools are too ridiculous. I may even die if I was enrolled in that kind of particular school. Therefore, I don’t wish to be in that kind of school. But, if I can go through the other dimension and go into Konata Izumi’s place, I won’t think twice on going there. Lolis in sailor uniforms are the best.

Thinking about it, walking on the shopping district with a girl like this is pretty embarrassing. I can even see other people staring at Reina, since her breasts really stand out too much. Or maybe I was being a paranoid?

“…”

We continue walking slowly and quietly for some time. For me, I won’t describe it like “Oh, walking with her like this is a dream! I can die happy now! What bliss!” since describing our time together may end up me use my right hand later so it’s a no. Definitely a no.

“Hey, are we there yet?”

I asked since I’m kinda getting anxious.

“Well… Just wait a second.”

I’m not being really manly here. Asking a girl to help me find a job is quite vexing but well, it’s not like I have a choice, she’s the only one that I can rely on.
After 20 minutes of walking, we finally stop at a front of a bookstore. An eerie bookstore that seems like there’s a force that would pull you into that building and there’s a two small children with weird hairstyles and a tall lady that spouts hitsuzen this and hitsuzen that. I don’t want to be like someone who needs to work like a maid in a shop like that without being paid. But seriously, I’m tired. My body can’t keep up with her, huh.

I scratched my head, feeling that it is some kind of fate that I saw this building, and ask her without turning my gaze from it.

“… … So, this is it?”

I continue my appearance like I’m some kind of a gigolo, because I read in Sankaku Complex that there’s a certain technique that you’ll bewitch a girl if you intentionally stare off on something and that you’d make you look sentimental. I want her to fall for me like she was like some kind of a character from a certain galge but I think that my effort was for naught since she just ignored my pose and just looks at her cellphone in a serious way.

After nodding several times, she finally look at me calmly and said,

“Nope, it’s this way.”

“… …”

“By the way, you should cut-off getting references from animes.”

Err, why would she bring up that now?

She fiddles her phone quickly like it’s nothing. Compared to her, my fingers can move fast like that.

After that, she resumes walking while looking around.

Timidly, I follow her and starts walking in a fast pace in order to catch up to her.

We go into several kinds of shops in order for me to apply for a part time job for 2 hours straight but like the wheel of fate was making a shit out of me, it turns out like I’m cursed or something. I don’t want to describe it any further because it was really depressing.

Depressing as if my save file on my PSP was corrupted by some external cause. Like being fried by a stun gun?

Of course, I was not the only one that was dejected. Reina too was depressed because of skirmish for this day is a failure and predicting what she’s thinking now was too easy for me. She’s down because of the invalidity of her attempt to shackle me within her grasp.

Failure means that my “debt” should not be counted as a success and that would make her 1037th debt collection was just a dream. Or was it 1038th? I don’t really remember.

Or so I thought it should be.

It should have been invalid.

But she said,

“We’ll continue this tomorrow!”

In a worked up manner.

So, it was decided that we’ll continue this pointless search tomorrow too, huh.

I just scratch my head, unwillingly to accept her offer but I can’t refuse it, can’t I? I am the one who asked for her help so I should not complain.

“Y-Yeah. Thanks for your hard work, I guess?”

With my response, she just smiles at me and wink her left eye,

“Well then, I’ll be going now.”

And then, she left. Finally.

I look up unto the sky, still wondering what should I do for now.

Looking at my wrist watch, it’s still too early for me to go home. That’s what I believe.

“I guess I can loiter around here… …”

And then, I turn my head to my right side…

“Eh?”

What is this?

What appeared on my sight was the eerie bookstore that we passed earlier.

“Hmmm… … Maybe I can search for porn mags here?”

With that intention, I entered the bookstore without a second thought.

Inclined just for you.
I am normal.
oninn
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by oninn »

By the way, I updated this so please read the whole thing again. Including the chapter -1 and 0.

Chapter 1
Spoiler! :
I… enter the eerie library without properly thinking what will happen to me in the future.

Wait, didn’t I think of searching some porn mags around here earlier? So, searching for porn mags can be considered as “not thinking properly” now huh.

After removing my hand slowly from the handle, I directed my eyes inside of the bookstore and what appear on my sight was a room filled with books minus humans. Well literally, it is a bookstore. And bookstores are full of books. Not humans.

“………Amazing.”

It’s not like it is my first time to enter a bookstore but describing the interior design of this place, it was astounding. Yes, because that place – is really incredible that I don’t even want to describe it. Just google some blueprint of an old and traditional room on England.

I’m sorry but I don’t like explaining important things since it may cause me to use several pages on just specifically describing the whole details. I don’t want to become someone that can explicitly describe a panty for several pages and calmly chat with the owner of that thin cloth that was used against the cold. Moreover, I won’t just go to a bookstore an hour before midnight just to buy porn mags.

Feeling like I’m in some kind of dungeon in Monster Quest, I drag my feet to the counter. I’m expecting that someone would be meeting me but like what I’ve said earlier, apparently, there’s no one here.

Seriously, if there’s no one who will be at the counter, the chance of this store getting bankrupt is higher than me seeing a ghost. What a crude metaphor.

Well, whatever.

Is this really a bookstore? That thought continues to swim around my head until I smell a sweet fragrance out of nowhere.

*sniff sniff*

I closed my eyes in order to distinguish that pleasant smell. They say that if you block one of your senses (example, your eyes), you can intensify the other 4 remaining in the process. This kind of fragrance, I think that this is… lavender? Seriously, how the hell did I arrive at that kind of answer? Maybe I’m too bored enough to remember the smell of flowers I don’t even know.

“Hey, you’re making a perverted face. Do you have a fetish on smelling?”

“Whaa--!?”

I opened my eyes. Shocked, I took a step backwards but I bumped on something and fell on my back due to me losing my balance. What’s more surprising is that something soft was pressed on my body. Thanks to me unconsciously grabbing what’s behind me and using my body as a cushion, protecting it from impact on the process. I don’t even know how I managed to accomplish such feat but if that what I protected is just a lifeless object then I sure am an idiot.

“Oww… ow, what, who--? …….!?”

Good thing that I did not lose my consciousness because, that something that was pressed against my body is--- a girl. A beautiful girl dressed in maid outfit.

Good thing I was not an idiot.

I was speechless. I did not imagine that I’ll be in a situation that only happens on anime and manga. I really want to shout “BANZAIIII!!!” right now but first, I should make sure that this person is not hurt.

“H-Hey, a-are you al, alright?”

“…. ….”

She’s not responding. I tried to get her up but I can’t move my lower body. This situation… is really dangerous. If I had the capacity to enter HSS… God knows what I might do. I can consider myself unlucky since her whole body rests on top of me and I’m not experienced with women, moreover beautiful women, so this is really dangerous for my health. I’m still not used to Reina?

I decided to try moving my body again…

“…. … Mhnnn, nn?”

“Hey, g-get up al, already…”

I poke her cheeks. Ah, looking at her face directly, she really is a beauty huh. If you would compare her to Reina whose beauty is like a sapphire placed on top of a puddle of marbles, I would describe her as a sole diamond inside in a pirate treasure chest.

“……Five…”

She muttered as if she was just in a trance.

“Ha?”

“Five, five more minutes…”

“ARE YOU ASLEEP OR SOMETHING!?”

Unsure if she is joking or not, I unintentionally made a tsukkomi. I can’t help but become flustered as I reply in her remark. I raise up her body and carry her like a princess.
“Woah, she’s really light.”

I thought out loud. I try to find some place on where I can put her down; of course I have no perverted thoughts, okay? At the corner of my eye, I’ve spotted a door but it must be weird for me to just enter their premises so I’ve thrown the idea of exploring on what’s behind that oblivion... not really. And giving it a thought, is this girl an employee of this store? If she is, why is she wearing a maid outfit? A uniform? Then the owner of this store must have a good taste.

I have many questions that I want an immediate answer but realizing that I’m too greedy for my own good, I just patiently wait for her to wake up. Hey, are you sure you’re not pretending to be unconscious? You seem to be too relaxed on my arms.

“…. Nnnhnn, hmmn… ..”

Oh, good. It’s look like she’s not faking it.

“…”

Shit. This is bad. Her sleeping face is dangerous, to the degree of that of a nuclear missile… Well, not really. If I make an analogy of it, it was just like Gokou used his Kamehameha and it was directed towards your direction. I know, sometimes my analogy is too bad you don’t even want to listen to it but please bear with me. That’s how I always see things naturally. In other words, I’m a weird person.

Forget that example, it is quite simple. An introverted like me (self-proclaimed) was pushed against a wall for deciding of whether to molest her or not. What if I was just a normal person? I’m sure that even a full-grown adult won’t hesitate to touch what’s beneath those cute frills hanging on her slim waist. It was that too impactful, to the more like it was devastating. I was simply devastated, I’m sure of it. I was also aroused but let’s just ignore that overflowing feelings for now. I’m an English gentleman (self-proclaimed again) so I always say “no” to perverted thoughts. At least I always try to say “no”.

Shall… Shall I take a peek? Nah. Even if she was several years older than me, that would be considered as an act of crime. Wait, taking advantage of girl below my age is also a crime. Moreover, it’s more serious. I usually prefer girls around my age, to be exact, I prefer girls like Reina but this fellow was to be considered as a “cold beauty” if I would rack my memories but let us not talk about this right now since she was now slowly opening her eyes...

“Ah, are you… alright?”

I ask her a question.

She looked directly on my eyes.

“… …”

“Are you alright?”

I ask her a question. Again.

“… …”

… I forcedly make a smile. I don’t know why she is being quiet. Is she shy or something? I repeated the same question with the same voice but she still insists on keeping silent.

“…. *Staaaaaareeee*……”

“SO YOU PLAN ON IGNORING ME!?”

She just kept on staring at my eyes for the whole time but now she finally averts it to the side. I, the one who just shout because I was worried, feel that I was an idiot for raising my voice like I’m some kind of an immature brat. Thankfully, I think that she’s unhurt so she can finally stand up because right now I’m still giving her a nice princess cradle. Trying to let her stand on her own, I fundamentally want to let her go but to my surprise, she made a remark that even I did not expect.

“Ara ara… What a pervert.”

A remark that was delivered with a poker face.

“Eh?”

A dumb face. That’s what my face look right now, probably.

“N-Nothing…”

She said. Oh, maybe I am hallucinating.

“I’ve just said that you’re a perverted sniffing Itsuki. You should just blow up and die.”

“HEY, THAT WAS WORSE THAN SAYING THAT I HAVE A FETISH ON SMELLING!”

“Sigh…” She reacted. I thought that she’ll be shocked because of my sudden retort but what she says is “No, that’s particularly the same. It was just that the likes of you are scum.”

“WHAT PART OF ME IS A SCUM!?”

What the heck is this beauty talking about!?

She protests and says “from the moment that you thought of peeking under this skirt, you are considered as a failure of a person” while pulling the hem of her skirt.

“Wait! You are mistaken…!”

“Ah, I sure made a mistake and used a wrong word. YOU are a failure as a living being.”

“Okay! Okay! I’m sorry, but I didn’t even look beneath that frills! And wait, HOW DO YOU EVEN KNOW THAT I WAS MAKING A PERVERTED FACE BACK THEN!? WAIT! I DEFINETELY DID NOT MAKE THAT KIND OF FACE!”

“Woman’s instinct, I guess?”

“YOU SHOULDN’T USE THAT SKILL UNLESS YOUR HUSBAND IS CHEATING ON YOU!?”

Argh, my head hurts… If this continues, my strength in both physical and mental will drop to zero without me noticing.

“Err, can you please stand up now?”

I said while staring at her so that I can express that I’m really troubled about this situation. It’s also because I want to change the subject…

“I refuse.” She calmly says while smiling.

“YOU DON’T HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE! Well, do you even know what the word ‘remorse’ means!?”

Really, maybe I should have dropped this girl earlier but since I’m an English gentleman (self-proclaimed), I won’t do such unmanly act. It was originally my fault that she had lost her consciousness on the previous fall. Even though I protected her, it is still my fault that she’s got to experience that kind of thing. Losing consciousness with a man that you’ve only just seen was kind of scary for a girl like her.

She looks down on the floor, looking as if she’s apologizing and said “……Um, s-sorry,” while blushing.

Oh, she’s being considerate and sorry now? I should be the one who should bow my head but I guess telling me to blow up and die was really mean. Even I think that it was mean to use that kind of words to a total stranger. Looking at her face again, she’s using such a soft expression which can melt several cold-hearted people in the process. While her face is flushed, she’s looking at me with teary eyes.

Realizing that I should also say an apology, I decided to tell her that “I am sorry for what I’ve done earlier so please forgive me” but what leaked on my mouth was just simple stuttering.

“N-No, ah, I… I.. ah,”

Damn, why did my mouth hath forsaken me?

“I’m sorry, but I’m not wearing any panties.”

She said…. Huh?

“WHAAAAT THE HELLLLLL!!!? You’re not making any sense here!!!”

But… wait, is that for real? I can feel the sweat dripping down on my forehead.

Seriously!? No panties? A commando!? As in, with just the distance of 4.7 centimeters, I can accidentally adjust my left palm and hold her butt accidentally. I can also accidentally confirm if she’s telling the truth or not. Accidents really are great! ………poke, what the heck did I just thought?

I… I can’t resist the urge not to imagine it. Especially in a situation where the girl resting on my arms wearing a maid uniform and was not wearing any panties at all. Quite the irony, but what makes me excited the most was her garter belt.

Calm down. Just calm down me! I am an English gentleman (self-proclaimed) so this perverted thought is a no-no. Calm down. Okay, remember and recite the prime numbers. 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23…

“How long do you plan on fantasizing about me?”

I instinctively divert my sight away from her. What’s with her, those boobs are too big and she can even guess what’s on my mind. She’s just like Reina, in other words, she’s scary!

“Anyway, you can let me stand now… Unless you want to molest me like what you’ve fantasized earlier.”

“Err, no, I… Okay.”

I put her down and let her go, then I bow my head and apologize. I don’t even know why but my guts told me that I should really apologize. I’m not really good at reading a person’s heart but I know on how to adjust my personality in order to appease other people. It must be because I’m that person’s little brother and just by becoming that person’s brother, you’re bound to become broken at some point in your brain. That’s why I became like this… But thinking about it carefully, if you compare my present self to my past self, I was actually worse when I was a child.

I didn’t have the opportunity to have a so-called misfortune in my life. In other words, I’m pretty lucky myself to be in that kind of family. My family is normal, the way we eat is normal, the way we spend our time together is normal and the way we live our lives is normal. Nothing of the sort is special; it’s like what the other people do in their very lives. It was just like normal people do after they’re born and before they die. Just acting like a human.

“Hey, how long do you plan on lowering your head? D-Don’t tell me….”

She said while taking a step backwards. I can see her feet trembling, is she really okay? Maybe she really was hurt… I raise my head and look at her but she just let out a small shriek and made a pose similar to a girl who was just about to be raped by several men.

“---You’re planning on peeking secretly on my skirt?”

“How the heck did you come into that conclusion!?”

I roared again. She’s on the roll, giving me comments that would make me automatically give out a retort. She must be enjoying teasing me!

As she pulls her skirt down, she adjusts her distance from me (approximately 1.4 meters) and put up a poker face again like what she did earlier. Then she stares at me… and then finally makes a disgusted face.

“Why…Why are you making that face..?” I don’t really want to confirm it but I guess she’s really scared of me. Even though I don’t really look like a pervert, it just that I coincidentally seen her embarrassing state so she raise her guard even more. Please, I don’t want to cause misunderstanding anymore.

“Who, who are you?” She asks while putting her right hand inside the pocket of her skirt.

“I… I’m not suspicious or anything like that. I just wanted to browse something in this bookstore.” I replied while scratching my head.

“Bookstore? What are you talking about?”

“Ha?”

Wait a minute. Did I made a huge mistake entering here?

“This, this is not a bookstore. It’s just a normal house. More importantly, how did you get in here?” She then immediately points an antique fountain pen on my direction. Don’t tell me you plan on stabbing me?

“Wait! Wait! WAAAIIITTTTT! Just wait a minute! Don’t point that on me! If I remember it correctly, there’s a big sign saying “BOOKSTORE” on the top of your door on where I enter this shop! I can’t be mistak---!”

“Yep, there is.” She cut off my words as she immediately confirm what I’ve said is true.

“If it’s true, then why are you pointing that thing to me!?”

“A joke.”

“…….”

This girl really like teasing others. We’ve just met but I get the feeling that she’ll continue to harass me until I become mentally exhausted.

Breaking my expectations, she immediately wear a bright smile full of innocence. Her mood’s turned 180 degrees in a blink of an eye. But, then again, the dreadful pen still pointed at me, she said,

“Welcome, dear customer.”
Here's some illustrations:
Spoiler! :

Inclined just for you.
I am normal.
BitterSugar
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BitterSugar »

Ha! That was actually a good read. I absolutely love the cynical humour featured in the narration. But fan service in the first chapter? I can kind of see where this is going >_>
Want something edited? Feel free to private message me and I'll see what I can do.

mania_
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by mania_ »

A cynical narrator and bossy, dangerous, sadistic (or whatever you want to call them) girls? Count me in. :oops:

Anyway, I like the whole God theme of the story premise and that blog entry. One thing that bothered me is how much you stress the whole "being normal" thing, mostly in the synopsis. It's just so overdone in light novels (and anime, manga, games, these days) that it almost made me stop reading before even giving it a chance. The paragraph about becoming a God pretty much saved it for me, and since the general theme and plot have potential, I feel like it wouldn't hurt to set it apart from all the other "X is just an ordinary student with no special traits and talents" light novels out there.

The writing itself definitely has a light novel feel to it instead of just being like a regular novel with anime/manga influences, so good job on that. The main character's cynicism gives him an interesting personality from the beginning, though at some parts he seems very inconsistent. For instance, first he says he doesn't particularly care about anything and doesn't have any interests, then not much later he says he really loves things such as books. Plus, it's established early on that he enjoys reading people's blogs, so maybe stress that even more instead of insisting on how "normal" he is.

The references are kinda hit-or-miss to me, but that might just be me since I only like very, very few anime and so on compared to others. I did laugh at "Debt Note" though, that one was great. Actually, I enjoy most of the things that Reina says, lol. So far it's been a little too heavy on the fanservice for me, but like I said, I'm curious about the becoming a God thing, so I'm keeping an eye on it. Definitely looking forward to reading what happens next.
oninn
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by oninn »

mania_ wrote:For instance, first he says he doesn't particularly care about anything and doesn't have any interests, then not much later he says he really loves things such as books. Plus, it's established early on that he enjoys reading people's blogs, so maybe stress that even more instead of insisting on how "normal" he is.
Spoiler about the MC: (Don't read the second paragraph, especially the 2nd sentence)
Spoiler! :
He's... a one hell of a liar. He's a twisted guy who insists that he is normal, even though he never actually believe on what he says.

I've been giving some thought on how to make the readers feel like they're being betrayed and lied by the story itself. So, just giving you a reminder, don't believe on everything that he says. At least some of it was true, but the other was just a pile of shitty lies.
mania_ wrote:I feel like it wouldn't hurt to set it apart from all the other "X is just an ordinary student with no special traits and talents" light novels out there.
Spoiler! :
That summary is a lie too, by the way. Like what I've said above, my goal is to betray the expectations of the readers. The bad expectations.
That being said, I've been proofing chapters 2 for several hours now so I'll post it some time within this week...

Thank you for the feedback.

Inclined just for you.
I am normal.
vnvnvn
Kyonist

Post by vnvnvn »

I have to say, this was entertaining. I really enjoyed the humor and the maids character :lol: . When will you upload chapter 2?
You won't succeed, unless you try.
oninn
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by oninn »

Spoiler! :
Sometime within this week, I guess? :wink:
Nevermind that. LOL... Just wait a sec...

Inclined just for you.
I am normal.
oninn
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by oninn »

Well, I'm really really sorry.

Chapter 2 part 1.
Spoiler! :
The bookstore was full of old books rather than having those kind of everyday newspaper and fashion magazines. It looks like a worn out library to me because the old European design of the room somewhat brings a weird feeling of aging. The bookshelves are not properly maintained since some of it have some damages yet there are no speckle of dusts on it. Seemingly weird for a bookstore, this place have several set of wooden tables and chairs for customers to use.

I looked around but there’s no other staff beside the girl wearing the maid dress. It was more like, she was the only one here. Excluding me, of course.

I decided to take some dictionaries and book guides to read in order to kill time.

What piqued my interest is the Japanese language so I get some “How to read and speak Japanese in one month” and trotted to a nearby table.

Actually, I’m interested on almost every language in the world. One of my goals is to at least learn and master 10 languages. Not quite a bad taste, I guess. It’s a pretty decent goal. Of course, when I was a child, I dreamt of becoming a pilot or even an astronaut but my dream now is to become a decent person with a normal job. That’s what I put on the career survey last month when we are asked to write what we would like to become in the future. Well, that’s the best excuse I can think off at that time.

Dreams? What the hell. Dreams don’t come true. Goals can. And one of my goals in life is to at least destroy the human civilization. I think I can try on how to do it on college but not right now. I should focus on my current goal at hand.

As I flipped through the pages of the guide book, I can see some phrases like [watashi wa…] and [arigatou gozaimasu] on the first part of the book.

Seriously? I need to deal with this for a month? What the hell did you do, past me? It’s like asking for punishment for a mistake I don’t even made. Talk about being careless.

Anyway, I continue reading this stuff for almost an hour and it turns out to be interesting.

They say that if you’re enjoying what you’re doing, time passes by in a blink of an eye.

Finishing the third part of the book, I continue to turn the pages when a familiar figure sits beside me like it’s nothing.

“Hey, this isn’t a library, you know?”

The maid said without looking at me. She seemed to be preoccupied with something but as I can see, she’s also reading a book. You sure you can slack off like that?

The title on the cover can be read as [An Atheist Manifesto. By Joseph Lewis]

“…”

Huh, seriously?

“What? Too exhausted to retort now?”

Again, without bothering to look at me.

“Nah. Sometimes, I, too read that kind of book.”

“Is that so?”

She replied with a warm smile.

Now, if she would just stay that way, one would mistake her for a beautiful statue.

“……”

“……”

“Hey.”

I’m the one who broke the silence.

“There isn't much customer here, you know.”

I said while my eyes are still fixated on the book that I’m reading.

“Yeah.”

She did the same.

“Is this store alright? You’ll become bankrupt, you know.”

“Yeah.”

Is “yeah” all you can say?

Nevermind. I’ll ignore her for now and continue on what I’ve been doing.

“U…fufu…”

I can hear her snickering… I don’t really remember what’s written on that book but I think I know what the main point of that literature is. Basically, it’s about a book rejecting the existence of God. Of the Christian God, to be exact.

I read several books like [Beyond Good and Evil by Nietzsche], [The Prince by Machiavelli] and the famous [The Art of War by Sun Tzu] so I’m kinda interested on what are the exact words and paragraphs of what she’s reading.

“He…Heheh… Gueheheh…Heheh…”

She continues to laugh in a weird way. She’s too indifferent in so many levels. I can understand if there are costumers here who’ll see an authentic beauty laugh like that, their hearts will flutter into the abyss of purgatory. In other words, they’ll be simply crept out to the bone. They’ll be disappointed as if they worked hard to earn some money to finally buy a PS3 but to their surprise, the prestigious PS4 will be released on stores tomorrow. Seriously, what the hell am I saying?

Now, now. I’m sure everyone would be turned off by her current behavior that everyone in town will talked about her creepiness… But not me.

I’m used to this kind of weirdness. Living with an oddball myself, I can tolerate her behavior for an hour or two, at least. Well, maybe.

“Um…”

I tried to start up a conversation.

“What?”

“Is reading that book fun?”

I’m really curious about what she’s reading. A friend told me that that book was interesting. Not that I have any friends… Oh, there’s Reina. But she’s not the only one who consider themselves as my friend.

“So-so.”

“Is that…so?”

If it’s just ‘so-so’ then why the hell did you continue on that weird laugh?

“Lewis pinpointed almost every religion’s grey areas: The relationship between man and God, the way man acts in order to appease God, and the reason why we exists. The proper way of life, the way you center your life based on the teaching of the Jewish Bible, the modern and verified knowledge and the baseless faith of religion, and the way humans act like perverted apes in order to avert their eyes on the truth and passionately prostate to something that doesn't even exist.”

“W-What?”

“He first contemplated on about the topic of ‘why do we believe in God?’, in which mesmerized the readers into reading more of what he’s written. Then, he focused on ‘what and why do humans exist?’ next in order to look and question the very core of man’s existence.”

Without making a pause, she just said all of that.

“Actually, he also pinpoints out several guys out there like Thomas Edison, Dr. W. T. G. Morton and Charles Darwin, praising them for their works only to blame God because of what’s written on the bible about the concept of pain, suffering and commitment to one’s duty as a human.”

Eh, what’s her point now? Seriously, I don't know.

“Humans are like pigs without a cage. They delude themselves that they are originally pure beings but was banished because they ate the forbidden fruit of knowledge and should forever atone for their sins by making themselves miserable. They are fanatics who push their beliefs unto others in order to satisfy their own lust of satisfaction, deluding themselves that they are the so-called chosen people of God that whatever they do will be forgiven if they ‘save’ other people’s lives. Well, that’s the conclusion I arrive at after scanning through this book. Of course that’s not my personal opinion.”

I don’t think I understand her. Looking at her face, she’s not even interested on what she’s explaining but she bother to give comments what she’s currently reading. Her eyes still glued to the book. Is she being considerate?

Only the sound of pages flipping could be heard.

Then suddenly, a bang resounded on the store after I saw a wooden door opened nearby and a loud “HAHAHA” surrounds the place.

My attention was automatically directed to its path and I was surprised by what I had seen.

A beautiful girl suddenly appears in front of me. Describing her appearance, I could say that she is the most beautiful creature that I’ve ever seen in my whole life. Her long and white hair shines and sways as if it’s a pearl. Her big and round eyes stands out, screaming her whole existence to the world. Her cute lips, as if carved by a professional artist, was truly mystical that anyone would like to steal a kiss from her even if the cost is their life. Her small stature, as if asking for me to hold her in my arms forever, was so cute. She wears a one piece white dress, which looks innocence is the main point of that clothing. Every part of her body is just like from a Goddess herself.

Attracted by a girl in front of me, I was in awe that my jaws almost drop immediately.

I do think that my description of her was over the top but I guess the most beautiful in the world title now goes to her. Sorry Reina, I just can’t help it but don’t worry, I still like you the most.

Continuing to walk in my direction, I gulped the remaining saliva on my mouth, readying myself for some unexpected twist.

“You…”

She said.

“Hmmmm…”

Putting her white hand on her chin, she examined me carefully without telling a word.

“Err, w-what is it?”

“Nothing really.”

She then put on her relaxed pose of having both of her hands on her waist, making a triumphant face.

“Finally, I can now be at ease.”

I don’t really understand what she’s talking about.

Tap. I then heard a sound of a book closing beside me.

The maid finally finished what she’s reading and closed the book in a loud manner. She then look firmly on the eyes, never averting her gaze.

Of course I’m confused. No one will put on their normal face after experiencing being stared at by two beauties. I’m not aroused at all. Yeah, that’s not it. I’m not a sick pervert who gets turned on by being watched by other people. I don’t have a case for exhibitionism yet.

The tension on the air gets heavy for some reason. It was like I’m on a situation wherein we decide who’ll stay behind as a sacrifice and who will go on to defeat the demon lord.

“Is… this some kind of a prank?”

I asked jokingly but it was immediately shot down.

“Maria.”

The beautiful girl said my name. I was speechless. I never gave out my name to someone and I’m not some kind of a celebrity here so why would this loli get my name? I never introduced myself to the maid girl so therefore, that’s a given. Also, hearing my name being said by her feels embarrassing for some reason.

“You… do you want to become a God?”

Inclined just for you.
I am normal.
bakabaka
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by bakabaka »

Well I read it and I like your style.
But...this kind of seems like your standard 'guy meets beauty and gets pushed around' story and those are the kind of protagonists that I can't get to like. I hope you won't feel offended, this is just me being biased^^.
After all I have to say that this ln is quite good and entertaining. I'm looking forward to seeing more ;)
oninn
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by oninn »

bakabaka wrote: But...this kind of seems like your standard 'guy meets beauty and gets pushed around' story and those are the kind of protagonists that I can't get to like.
Spoiler! :
I tell ya, if you don't like that kind of of protagonist, you'll definitely, definitely like this series... maybe? I don't plan on making the protagonist here go with the flow... But there's one here that I'm sure, you'll love Reina. Anyone here will love Reina. She's too cute.

I also wrote the background of Reina, on how she met Maria( the MC ) and her POV. :lol:

Inclined just for you.
I am normal.
bakabaka
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by bakabaka »

Well if you say so. I'm definitely looking forward to the next chapter :D
oninn
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by oninn »

Chapter 2 part 2
Spoiler! :

Jenah.

That’s the girl’s name.

She never bothered on giving out her full name since she insisted that that was her only name.

But the one which surprised me the most was the next thing that she said.

“I’m a God.”

Really?

Is that so?

Then……

“…”

Good for you?

“Don’t make fun of me!”

She instantly retorted.

Even though I just thought about it.

“Even though I don’t look like it, I’m a God. A proper one, of course!”

She declared, putting her chest forward as if she’s proud of it.

Even though she’s flat.

“I’m not flat! And enough of those ‘even though’s!”

“I’m not the one who started it.”

“Well, you are!”

I guess I am.

She’s like what I’ve described earlier, a beautiful girl with silky white hair, etc etc. But I think I missed one description that I should had said a while ago: She’s a loli.

Oh, I did say that she is a loli.

It’s not like I’m into little sisters or something but I do understand why there are so many pedophiles and lolicons on the world right now. It’s because cute and beautiful girls like her exists.

People commit crimes every day. Some on a large scale basis while others are just like tiny pebbles on the road. Some of them just do it for fun while others do it for money. And as for those rapists, the issue of raping girls below the age of 18 can be called as a pedophilia.

The sight of dominating little girls and making them abide to your will is quite exhilarating. Continuing to mess up their innocent and once pure body, the suspect relieves himself from sexual depravity, ruining the lives of those girls he raped.

Even if he is caught by the police, their hymens won’t get back their original shape and the experience they get from being raped will continue to shame their whole existence, making them feel that they don’t have what it takes to become a bride in the future. Or worst, they are subjected to the most undesirable kind of discrimination by isolation of their peers and would eventually break up their sanity to commit suicide. Just because they are attractive, cute and beautiful as a girl.

Even I, don’t even know why I’m thinking about pedophiles raping beautiful girls. I really do think I have a loose screw on my head. Why the hell did I even think about that?

“Disgusting.”

Jenah said without hiding her real feelings.

“Perverted sicko. You really should just blow up and die.”

The maid said with a straight face.

“Guh.”

With them being a partner badmouthing me, the value goes from an addition to an exponential level. The wound value in my heart, I mean.

Seriously, I think they can read my mind. Literally.

“You two, there should be limit to your verbal abuse, you know?”

“We can’t help it. A pervert needs to be labeled as a pervert.”

“It’s just like me being called as a God.”

The maid and Jenah said as if that it was a fact.

“Also, my name is Evangeline.”

The maid introduces herself politely by bowing her head slightly.

“So, what now?”

I don’t really have a clue.

It all started by her, Jenah. The moment she appeared, everything has become a mess. What a turn of events.

“Aren’t you forgetting something?”

Jenah said while tilting her head.

“This girly sure have a nice and juicy cerebrum, he can actually forget about anything.”

Evangeline just said something so disturbing that even I can’t help but be taken aback. It's so accurate that it even misses the whole point.

“Just what the heck do you mean about that?”

Rebuking what she said, I then finally remembered why I should be here.

“……”

I’m here… because of porn books, right?

“What a jerk.”

The loli muttered and spun around.

“But anyway…”

“…?”

“Let’s go back to what I’m saying earlier.”

Grinning, she slowly closes the distance between us.

“I am Jenah! I am omnipotent, virtuous and ever-graceful God! Behold for I, the most special being on Earth, has finally appeared before you!”

She proclaims while grabbing my collar and bringing her face directly in front of me.

Too… Too close!

“I am for what they call the Alpha and the Omega! I am the beginning and the end of everything!”

Still sitting on the wooden chair, my collar was almost pulled to the limit and my posture was a mess.

I don’t know what’s happening anymore. Seriously, give me a break.

With a thud, she let go of my collar and jumped a step backwards. Hey, that hurts. You just hit my chin like its nothing. After that, she puffed her chest out while making a victorious face.

“Are you serious-?”

“She is.”

The maid answered my question swiftly, cutting-off my only possible escape route.

“Even though she doesn’t look like it, she is a genuine God.”

I can’t believe her easily though. They maybe planned this whole conversation just to troll the customers, like me. Surprisingly, if they aim to give the target a headache, they sure can win the Oscars Award. Sorry, Leonardo. I’m sure you can win it too…

I make a facepalm without hiding my expression that I’m kinda annoyed.

“Well, you two looked like a genuine mindreader to me, though.”

“Oh, why did you say that?”

Replied the maid with a dumb expression.

“I actually believe on those stuff. Espers, aliens and time-travelers. Oh, sliders too. I believe that supernatural phenomenon exist.”

“Is that so?”

She looked at me with stern eyes. Yeah, I know. I’m using Kyon’s reference here.

I stand up and walk to the fiction section of this store. Checking out this corner is a-must if anyone happen to stumble this place since the book recommendation here is high-level. I randomly pick up a book and flipped through it.

“Of course, I don’t have proof that these exist. It was like, I was just being delusional. But from what I can deduce, you two at least can read or understand other people’s mind.”

The maid grinned, as if her expected answer was graciously presented to her.

“Having that kind of ability can’t make anyone a God, right?”

She remarked with a warm smile. How many kind of faces could she make? I sure am interested on seeing that.

“Yeah, that’s a reason too… But, there’s no way that that girl could become a God.”

Closing the book, the title ventured to my sight. It can be read as [The adventures of Sherlock Holmes].

I inhale the maximum capacity my lungs can handle.

“Because… SHE’S FLAT!”

…………

“THAT’S IIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!?”

Jenah’s voice resounded on the store and a beautiful roundhouse kick flew sharply on my back making my body displaced several meters from my last position. Good thing that the place was not crowded since I may have accidentally bumped on one of the customers. Wait, I am one of those customers right!? Surprisingly, it's white. I expected a shimapan though.

“Hey! Why the heck did you kick me!?”

“I’ll sue you! I’ll definitely sue you, okay!?”

Covering her A-sized breast even though she’s wearing a dress, she shout out her feelings.

“That’s sexual harassment!”

I begin to supply my legs with strength and stand up, only to find out that my forehead was bleeding slightly. It seems that I’ve been cut.

“Well, of course. I’m not like those protagonists which can survive even the most dangerous situation with just a bruise. I’m normal, after all.”

With indifference showing on my face, I spilled out what’s really on my mind in front of them. Oops.

But then, it shook me. As if, looking through an inanimate object, they didn’t even made an effort to bring a first aid kit. Like rewatching a movie, they all know what’s the next scene is and didn’t even bother to complain. It was like reanimating what you have been previously watched.

A different air.

A stagnant air.

A lousy air.

And that what’s bothered me.

After a long pause, Jenah finally break the whole silence like it was the most natural thing in the world.

“Enough jokes and lying. Come on, now, show us your true colors.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Still, I refused to open up.

“Oh, so you still want to act like that, huh? As expected from our world’s antagonist.”

I see. That was it.

It’s like she’s looking through the nick and canny of my very bones.

She spun around (by now, I think that was her habit) and walked away slowly.

“Whatever.”

She said apathetically as she disappeared from my field of sight.

After arriving at my place, I placed my dirty uniform on the washer and immediately went upstairs. While sweat beads run through my skin, I hurriedly closed the door of my room as if my life depended on it.

“Phew…”

I can’t afford to be caught now. With this kind of wound on my head, I'm sure he’ll go bananas again.

Then, suddenly, a cute and girly voice spread inside my head. poke, so he predicted what I’ll do and waited here promptly so make a surprise attack.

“Maria, what are you doing? Eheheh…

Like taking a bath with liquid nitrogen, my spine was frozen and my body shivered.

I looked at the direction where the voice came from, which is my bed, and surrendered myself by walking to his direction.

“Good boy, that’s my lil’ bro.” He smiled and hugged my body like there’s no tomorrow.

My older brother, Bridget, can be described with only one word. Cute. The description was so accurate as if the word itself was made for the sole purpose of describing him.

For some reason, our parents decided to give us girly names, which is on my brother’s case, seemed to be a perfect raggadoo.

A cute height, which looked like a little girl.

A cute voice, as if bewitching anyone just by spilling a giggle.

A cute face, as if he’s the reincarnation of Venus.

It’s like he’s a cheat code, combining all of the most beautiful things in the world on a single formula, and the result was him.

He also like wearing girl’s clothes, which suits him perfectly. Now, he’s wearing some loose T-shirt and a mini-skirt. My T-shirt, for God’s sake for I don’t know why.

With that, we sat on my bed. Still, he’s as clingy as ever.

“Maria, Maria, Maria, what happened to your forehead?” He asked while tilting his head to the side. That gesture can sure to conquer the whole populace of the guys on my school.

“Nothing really.”

Still, I act cold towards him.

“Ehh? Ehhh? Come on, I’ll treat your wound. No need to be so distant.”

Persisting on checking up my wound, he pulled out the first aid kit below my bed and opened the box. He then swiftly decided on what to use for my cut. With just a matter of several minutes, my wound is taken care of. With a bonus of a sudden kiss on my cheek.

“Anyway, I’ll go downstairs now. I still haven’t finished preparing our dinner.”

I should have predicted it, his heart designed apron is still on the kitchen and the table’s still empty when I passed through the dining area.

“Bridget, your binocular’s still here.” I tossed it to him reluctantly. So that’s how he knew that I was coming home. “So ya’ need my help?”

“Eheheh. Thankies. But no can do. It’s my turn so just relax here.” He said as he trotted his way out of my room.

So, what now?

Should I kill some time by reading a book? Play a video game? Nah. No matter what I do, the time will pass the same.

I’m not particularly fond of getting bored. I mean, getting bored is boring. I sometimes didn’t want to get bored but becoming used to it by now, I don’t really mind it at all.

Passing the time without doing nothing, thinking of nothing and looking at nothing is also a way to wait for the hands of the clock to move into your desired values.

So, it’s decided then.

I passed the time without doing nothing at all. No sleeping, no thinking of anything. Nothing. Nothing at all.

What happened after that will be explained as the story goes on. The chapter have 4 parts so please bear with me. Again, please support me by giving me a wild spanking... Or just a quick review or remarks will do the job. English has not been my best friend so I'm still learning the language... but I enjoy reading novels so there's nothing I can help but to slave myself on this kind of hobby.

Inclined just for you.
I am normal.
Calculatrix
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Calculatrix »

I'm glad your English is not hard to read. Honestly, there are some OLN's that I was interested in but the English was so bad it made my head hurt. Yours is not one of those, fortunately.

I've understood most of the references you have made, which makes me laugh because I know what you're referencing. I'm liking the story so far. Keep writing;)
Author of "Weaver of Chaos" and "Code : Reality"

Return to “Creative works”