OLN: I'm (Sort of) an Expert on Ghosts

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Cho
Astral Realm

OLN: I'm (Sort of) an Expert on Ghosts

Post by Cho »

I'm (Sort of) an Expert on Ghosts is a completed original light novel written by Cho and illustrated by hachikuro.

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance

Synopsis: Tsunoda Naoki is a ghost expert! Maybe. Okay, not really. He just pretends to be one, scraping a living by putting the easily-spooked at ease. But his luck seems to run out when he’s suddenly got a real ghost to deal with. He can’t even see this spirit, let alone exorcise her—and to complicate matters further she apparently seems to like Naoki… a lot. Is this ghost hunt a romantic comedy or a tragic horror?

I released this story online for free on Halloween, publishing it on Wordpress as well as Smashwords (for ebook files). The story was written with the light novel format in mind, so there are nine black-and-white illustrations included. It is thirteen chapters long, and has been revised, edited, and proofread.

All in all it was a fun experience, and I hope to write more such stories to share with everyone online in the future. If there's a chance this book could be included on Baka-Tsuki though, that would be wonderful. I've been a frequent visitor of the site for some time, and have written up a number of light novel reviews for works hosted here. I'm a big fan of light novels in general, and hope to do what I can to spread awareness of the medium.
cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: OLN: I'm (Sort of) an Expert on Ghosts

Post by cloudii »

This is an excellent novel, by the way. I highly recommend this.
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
Eleven
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: HakoMari

Post by Eleven »

cloudii wrote:This is an excellent novel, by the way. I highly recommend this.
I concur. I'm reading it at the moment, it's as close to a professional work as original works get. The writing is excellent, the illustrations are a marvel.
Frog-kun
Astral Realm

Post by Frog-kun »

I agree. I'd like to see this novel get hosted. The writing quality is very high and it's different from the other OLNs currently hosted on the wiki.

Return to “Creative works”