OLN- Code : Reality

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Calculatrix
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

OLN- Code : Reality

Post by Calculatrix »

Dropped

Genre: Action, Superpower, Game,
[Mature elements, such as descriptive gore, will possibly be added later. Although I'm not sure what is mature about it.]

Summary:
Aaron Luiz, seventeen years old and in his last year of high school, has had a complicated history. He has no friends, however, that doesn't bother him. He sits at home playing video games all day, but even that doesn't satisfy his hunger for excitement. He never listens in class, always dosing off. Still, he doesn't really care, considering that he is the type of genius that is able to do nothing but still able to great at everything, although he doesn't show it. He thought that the world was so boring, and that he had nothing to do. However, that all changed when his one wish became reality.

Day 0:
Spoiler! :
---Time: 12:03 A.M.---

So boring...

I thought as I continued to clear the dungeon of the game I was playing.

Heh, if only this were real...I wouldn't think life as being dull and unexciting.

Although I was bored, I had to pay attention to the actions of the game. Otherwise, I would lose some important stuff I earned through hours of hard work...but that 'hard work' only meant sitting at my desk for hours on end playing a video game.

"-Oh...haha, yes."

I silently celebrated as I realized I got a rare boss weapon that players would pay billions of in-game currency for. Getting rare drops that have a drop rate of at most three percent is a nice thing, especially when there is a limited amount of that item.

Although getting that nice 'ultra' rare drop, I was only excited for a few seconds. I then quickly returned to my usual bored self, and the dungeon ended. Opening my inventory, I put my mouse over the boss weapon.

"Ancient Domination...huh. Haven't seen this weapon on the market before."

Suddenly, a small breeze entered my room.

Brr...I thought I closed my window.

Standing up, I walked over to my window and checked to see if it was open.

It's closed-

Turning around quickly, I surveyed my small bedroom as if I expected someone to be there. Obviously there wasn't, because how could that happen? I always lock my door and close my window. The only air flow should be from the small opening underneath the door.

There's no way I imagined that. I definitely felt that breeze hit my face. However...it was so cold.

Walking back to my desk and sitting down, I continued to research my boss drop while being alert to surroundings.

Honestly...what am I expecting?

*crack*

...Crack?

The sound was coming from my left, where my window was located. Looking over my shoulder, the light from my computer screen could barely light the area around the window. However, I could see the small crack in the middle of it.

*crack...crack*
Slowly, more cracks in the window started to appear. I stood up and walked in-front of the window, and then suddenly the whole window cracked at once.

It was as if time slowed down, and the window shattered. It started from the middle of the window, and it slowly reached the perimeter. The glass pieces shattered towards me, and I tried to move backwards. However, I was also moving in slow motion.

A bright white mist slowly entered through the opening and smoothly moved towards the area just below my chest. It was as if the tip of the mist near my chest exploded outward, and it started to slowly cover my body.

The mist wrapped around my arms and legs until they were completely covered in mist. I tried to struggle my way out, but my body was locked in place. My head was the last part of my body to be in contact with the mist, and before it wrapped it I noticed something.

This...isn't mist.

I realized that this 'mist', was in-fact not mist at all. Mist would never give off a glow, or shine with light. There was no easy way to describe it, however, it reminded me of something. The thing it reminded me of, was code.

The 'mist' slowly wrapped around my head, and when I was completely covered, I lost consciousness.
Day 1:
Spoiler! :
When I opened my eyes, I noticed that I was lying on my bed. At first my vision was blurry, but after a couple of seconds my eyes started to focus.

What the...

I realized that my vision was not normal. For some reason, everything had a faint light blue shine. Everywhere I looked, the same faint brightness could be seen. It was as if a layer of light blue covered my eyes, but my eyes felt no different from the night before.

Reaching my right hand in-front of my face, I saw it. It looked something like what you would call an 'aura'. Surrounding my hand, as well as the rest of my body, was a faint white aura. It glowed faintly, and there was nothing else it was doing except glowing.

Sitting up in my bed, I noticed an unsealed letter on my desk. It was like one of those birthday cards you buy for someone's birthday, but the one sitting on my desk was obviously not a birthday card. The card was all white, and from my position I could faintly see small black letters on the inside. My desk is next to my bed, so I have easy access to it if I need it.

Moving my legs over the side of my bed, I proceeded to reach over and grab the card. The texture of the card was something I did not recognize, which emphasized the mysterious aura surrounding it. Opening the card all the way, I read the following:

~~

Congratulations, you are the first human to be chosen.

There are no rules.

Here are two hints.

Hint #1: Please say this:

"Open, UI."

Hint #2: The <Interface> is what you humans call 'touch screen'.

~~

What the heck is this...?

"Open, UI."

Instantly, a light blue <Interface> appeared in-front of me. It resembled something like a hologram, however, I wasn't able to see through it. What I saw confused me, and I expect that it would confuse anyone that saw it.

There were three black and white images, all at the top of the <Interface>. They were all lined up next to each other, with some space in-between.

Looking down at the card again, I read the part which gave the information that the <Interface> is 'touch screen'. Looking back at the <Interface>, I looked at the images shown.

The first one was an image of an outstretched hand and what seemed like a barrier in-front of it. The second image had two human figures, with an arrow pointing from one to the other. The last image had a human arm flexing the bicep muscle.

The first and last images look some-what straight forward, but the second one seems a bit mysterious. The two things I can think of is teleportation and multiplication.

Other than that...I can't really think of anything. I'm assuming I should choose one of the images, but-

Suddenly, another <Interface> appeared. This time, the <Interface>'s color was bright red.

"You have not chosen a Path. Please choose one now...it says. These are called Paths, huh."

Once I was done reading it, the <Interface> disappeared. An arrow for each image is now pointing to all three while steadily moving up and down.

Maybe I should just play it safe and go with the first one. It seems like a sort of defensive barrier, but I guess I'll find out once I use it.

Pressing the first image with my finger, it shined brightly. Color was slowly added to it, and the arm gained the color of human skin while the barrier took on the color white. A green <Interface> appeared. I steadily read the contents:

~~
Energy Force selection complete. Please read the details provided:

Energy Force is able to block and/or absorb attacks, and is also able to be charged and released. The way Energy Force is used depends on the Player. The power of Energy Force will increase the more the Player uses it. Energy Force's color will change depending on the Player's actions:

White: Neutral

Light Blue - Blue: Good

Light Red - Red: Evil

Energy Force will gain different attributes depending on the Faction the Player has chosen.

~~

Oh ho...so I'm able to choose Good or Evil. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. It also says that the more I use it the more powerful it gets. That means that I should start using it right away. The sooner the better.

Curious, I pressed my finger against the Energy Barrier image again. A new <Interface> appeared, and the color was still light blue.

"Energy Force: Level 1. Sounds so familiar. Teheheh, this will be fun...Hm? The passive will remain on at all times?...I guess I'll find out about that later." I grinned.

Noticing the small 'X' icon at the top right of each <Interface>, I pressed those icons. Each <Interface> disappeared, and I suddenly felt boredom come over me.

"-Ooo...Heheh...I better start...is what I would like to do. I'm most likely late for school...aren't I."

Looking over to clock on my desk, the time read: 8:32 A.M.

"Thirty-two minutes late. Well, that will increase since I have to get ready. Although it doesn't really matter now."

Standing up, I put my clothes on and walked out of my room. Walking down the small hallway, I reached the living room which is connected to the kitchen. It's a small room, not very big but its length makes up for it.

Noticing a plate with food on it on the kitchen table, I walked over and sat down. There was no note, but I could care less. My legal 'guardian' is my older brother. He's twenty-two years old, tall, skinny, and has black messy long hair. He always wears a black suit, but I guess that's just his style.

Despite after what happened to me, food tastes like it should. Everything is normal besides my eye sight and well, the other thing. Finishing up my breakfast, I walked towards the front door of the apartment. There's a mirror next to the door, and I always check my face before I leave. Although I may not care much about anything, I do take care of my body.

I looked at my semi-short black hair, and it still looks perfect. Once I looked at my eyes, I noticed that something was off. My pupils are no longer circles. They are now what looked like octagons, or some other circular shape with a lot of sides.

Suddenly, a new <Interface> appeared.

"Think to switch off Aura Vision...so basically I just have to think about it for my eyes to go back to normal...huh?"

Aura Vision: Off.

Just like that, my vision returned to normal. My pupils also returned to the normal circular shape. Looking in the mirror, I noticed that the <Interface> in-front of me did not have a reflection.

"Heh, not like it matters anyway."

Hm? Yesterday I swear I had some rough spots on my skin...now they're all gone. Ha, amazing.

Satisfied enough, I put on my shoes and exited the apartment.

---Time: 9:02 A.M.---

Arriving at the entrance to my class, I opened the door and walked in.

"Aaron, you are supremely late! Do you know what time it is?!" The teacher yelled at me.

Without responding, I walked over and sat in my desk which is located in the back of the middle row. Looking up at my teacher, I noticed his angry and frustrated face.

"Don't be late again!"

Hmph.

The teacher turned around and continued on what he was doing before. I felt some stares from students, but that's normal. I don't have any friends, and I don't pay attention in class. I guess you could call me a failure. I don't even know why I bother to come to school, when I know nothing awaits me here.

Although I don't care much, I do like to have correct posture. So you will almost never see me slouching over in my chair or sitting incorrectly. It's just something I've done since I was a kid.

It's not like I'm famous or anything, it's just that people avoid me. Given my tall and well-built stature, even the so-called 'bullies' stay away from me. The only times when I would talk to someone would be when I accidentally bumped into someone. I would try to apologize, considering that I'm not a total asshole, but the person I bumped into would just run away.

Other than that, I've only really talked to teachers whenever I'm getting yelled at or something. To be honest, I don't even think the teachers care much about me or my attendance. I don't really care, though.

*Tap...tap.*

I saw an eraser fall almost directly under my desk, and the direction it came from was my left. Looking over to my left, the girl that was sitting at the desk looked completely terrified.

"U-u....umm...s-s-sorry..." She whispered.

Haa...you only dropped your damn eraser. I'm not going to kill you anything.

Sighing internally, I reached down and picked up her eraser. Stretching my arm over and putting the eraser on her desk, I looked at her and gave my best fake smile. Her reaction was, well...a very confusing one. I could obviously tell that she was blushing, but other than that all I saw was complete confusion.

Retreating my arm, I continued to look at the white board the teacher was writing on. Although I don't pay attention, I have to look at something.

*Pi~*

Suddenly, a new <Interface> appeared in-front of me.

What the heck?!

~~

Prepare to enter Game Match. Danger level: Medium. Countdown: 5...4...3...

~~

Wait, wait...what!?

*Pi~*

All of my surroundings began to stretch and contort, before finally it seemed like I was transported.

Huh?

Almost everything remained the same. The only difference was that there was no longer any other people. Other than that, everything was the same.

A new <Interface> appeared.

"Aura Vision is recommended. Thanks for the advice random <Interface>."

Aura Vision: On.

My vision became sharper, and the layer of the faint light blue came over. I once again saw the faint white aura surrounding my body.

Standing up, I walked over to the windows and looked outside. Standing near the front gate was a woman who looked be around twenty years old. What surprised me was that the aura surrounding her body was light red.

*CRASH*

...Huh?

Immediately, a large, rough red tentacle-like thing crashed through the window next to the one I was standing in-front of. I looked at the woman again and saw that the tentacle thing was connected to her arm--actually it seemed like the tentacle itself was her arm.

The woman whipped her arm sideways, which made a wave movement starting from her shoulder to the end of the tentacle which was still inside of the classroom. The tentacle quickly moved in my direction, and I ducked right as it was about to hit me. The tentacle almost completely destroyed the wall it crashed into, and the windows it hit were also destroyed.

Shit! There's always has to be some random freaking person that figures out how their shit works at the beginning! Think...how the heck do I active Energy Force!--...That's right...

I ran towards the door of the classroom, and the tentacle retreated. Hearing a loud *BOOM* in the distance, everything became silent for a couple of seconds.

Suddenly, the ceiling crashed down onto the floor, and an indention was made in the ground.

What the Hell?!

What crashed through the ceiling was the woman I saw earlier, except now both of her arms look identical. Both of them have now been transformed into giant claws, and the rough tentacle parts were glowing a faint red.

"Who the Hell are you?" I asked loudly.

"I didn't expect my second kill to be so weak." The woman responded.

"Heheheh...hahahaha..."

"...What's so funny?"

"No...heheheh...I think I just figured out how to activate my Path." I said with a grin.

"Your 'Path'? I don't know what you're talking about, and I don't care either. That's because I'm going to kill you now."

The woman transformed her right arm into a giant blade, and slashed her arm down above my left shoulder.

Activate: Energy Force!

Immediately, a white barrier appeared right where her blade was going to hit. The barrier completely blocked her blade, and when it hit, the barrier rippled like water. The blade had so much force that my body indented the ground slightly, but a faint white light could be seen coming from the bottom of my shoes.

"Wha-!"

The woman looked surprised at what she saw, but I grinned even more.

"HAHAHAHAHA!!"

My laugh came out subconsciously, but I didn't care. Looking at the woman, I said:

"Heheheh...it's finally time...to have some fun!!"

Punching my right fist forward, I released a huge amount of energy which blasted the woman backwards out of the classroom. The energy that was released was white, and it was so powerful that it barely cracked the ground while visibly pushing the air back around my body.

I guess this is the testing period...let's see what this shit can do!!

Focusing on all of the energy surrounding, I figured out where every single piece of energy is. My feet, legs, arms, upper body...basically everywhere. Energy Force was completely covering my entire body, and I could tell that the passive was working with the now activated Energy Force.

Lifting my foot up several inches, I focused energy underneath it. The energy was completely stable, and I was able to firmly stand up on the energy I created.

Hahaha, so cool!!! Energy Force can be focused to stay in mid-air...hahahaha! What a great power!

Jumping up to make my body horizontal to the floor, I blasted energy from my feet which accelerated me forward to the outside. Standing in the air ontop of energy, I looked down to the woman below.

"I'm able to stand in mid-air, block your attacks, and even move how I want with my energy. Do you really think you can beat me?!" I yelled.

The woman transformed her left arm into the glowing red substance, and it has small blades protruding out of the sides. She whipped her arm forward, and it stretched towards me.

Not moving, I stood my ground. Her arm impacted my barrier, and my barrier began to crack.

This is the limit of the passive barrier huh.

Jumping upwards, I looked towards the ground and blasted energy off to shoot me towards the woman. With my right arm outstretched, I gathered energy around my fist. When I was right above her, I shot the energy down which made my movement stop.

Creating a barrier in-front of me, I watched as the area where she was standing explode. The energy released in a huge circle, and it destroyed everything it touched. 'Flying' away with my barriers, I surveyed the scene until the dust cleared.

In the middle of the giant crater was a deformed ball of the same substance the woman has.

"Well, I knew something like that would happen." I said while sitting down in the chair I made in the air.

The woman's barrier retracted, as if it went back into her body. She glared at me with the eyes of a killer, and then transformed her right arm into a blade and her left into a giant claw. She jumped into the air, and a weird red substance came out of her arms and legs. She quickly dove down towards me, and then slashed down onto the barrier I made with her blade.

Pointing my finger at her, I released a shot of energy while saying: "Bang."

The energy exploded in her face, and half of her left arm was blown off. Blood spurted onto my barrier, but it quickly fell off like the barrier was repelling the blood. The woman then regenerated her arm into another claw.

"A regeneration type ability, huh?" I said.

Either way, it looks like it's no match for me.

Standing up, I accelerated towards the woman with a huge amount of energy around my fist. Releasing the energy, it made an even bigger explosion than the one earlier. Jumping into the air, I crashed my fist down onto the woman again and again and again. Every single time I hit her, the ground around us indented even further.

Eventually, she knelt down on one knee while blocking herself with her arms in-front of her. I continued to barrage her with my fists which were cloaked in energy. The shock waves from my attacks would crush the ground underneath us while breaking apart the ground around us bit by bit.

Right after punching her again, I jumped up into the air. Using the barrier, I shot myself down with all my strength. Crushing the ground even more, the defense the woman was using began to crack.

"You...stubborn woman!"

I yelled as I jumped into the air once again. Manifesting a huge ball of energy in-front of me, I kicked it down with all of my strength. The energy exploded, and the faintly visible shock wave cracked the earth it traveled across. The energy itself completely destroyed the ground as it traveled outward, and I quickly moved myself above the middle of the explosion.

I blasted myself downward, and the energy stopped releasing. A perfect circle opened in the middle as I shot downward, and I aimed right for the woman. Without mercy, I crushed her underneath my fist which was cloaked in energy.

I saw that my fist completely blasted her stomach apart, and the blood that exploded onto me quickly dripped off because of my barrier. Lifting my fist out of her now non-existent stomach, I stood up above her.

Aw, gross.

I saw small tentacle-like things start to regenerate her stomach. I watched until her stomach was back to normal, and then skin started to grow over the visible muscle. Once it was done, her head tilted and she then coughed up blood. Looking up at me, she continued to glare.

"What? Come on, you're lucky I didn't rape you or anything." I said with a grin.

"...What do you want?" She asked.

Getting a closer look, the woman's face was beautiful. She had long dark brown hair and big breasts as well.

"Teheheheh...I want you...to become mine." I said while getting down on my knees and looking her straight in the face.

"You...want to have sex with me?"

*sigh*"That would be nice, but no. What I meant was...I want you to join me."

"Hmph. You want someone obviously weaker then you to join you? Also, I'm not one for groups."

"You don't get it, do you. You have the potential to become powerful. Your regeneration ability is quite appealing if you ask me. Another thing: I never said I wanted a group."

"You don't even know me yet you want to trust me? How stupid can you be?"

"Hahaha, I never said I would trust you. Plus, your blade can't even pierce my barrier, so I don't have anything to worry about. Although having a beautiful, sexy woman like you with me would be awesome, I'm more taken by your power. Also, there are some things I want to discuss with you."

"..."

Smashing my fist into the ground next to her head, I added:

"You either accept, or die. Pick one."

"Well you're not really leaving me with a choice, are you."

"Not really. Besides, I am fairly certain that this will be a benefit to us both. It's...what do you call it....fate?"

"...Fate, huh."

"Hmph."

I got off of her and stood up.

"I have an apartment not far from here. It's room four on the first floor, and it's on L34 Street."

I said while facing her.

"Why are you telling me that?"

"I'm telling you that because I will be expecting you to be there. My older brother won't be home from work until 7 P.M. at the earliest, so plan to get there at around 2:30 P.M."

"...Yes, yes. Mr. Leader."

"I want you to call me by my name. And I also want to know your name." I said.

"...My name is Mafuyu Nuas. What about you, Mr. Leader?"

"My name is Aaron Luiz."

"..."

"..."

"What kind of name is Aaron Luiz?"

"Oh, shut up will you? Anyways, how the heck do we get out of here?" I said while looking back at the school.

"You should be getting a <Notification> soon. Apparently, the system knows who the winner and loser is, as well as when the fight is over."

"You sound like you've done this before."

"Of course. I already said that you would be my second kill. Anyways, I ran into another Player almost immediately after I woke up. I killed her, though."

"...Is that why your Aura is red?"

"What are you talking about? My Aura was already this color when I woke up."

"Hmm. I guess we'll discuss that at my apartment."

An <Interface> appeared in-front of me, and I read the contents:

~~

Game Match: Win.

Danger Level: Medium.

Energy Force has been upgraded: Level 1 -> Level 2.

Alignment: Neutral(0) -> Neutral(-.7)

Exiting Game Match--Countdown: 5...4...3...

~~

"Hmph. I'll be waiting for you then." I said.

The space around me stretched and contorted, then suddenly I was back in the normal classroom. Looking at the clock, I noticed that the time was 9:02.

So Game Matches are held in a...time barrier thingy. I guess it would make sense. I wonder what's happened to my Energy Force now that its been upgraded. I didn't get any new <Interface>s inside the Match, so hopefully I get one when I open up my <UI>. My alignment, which I assume means Faction, is in the negatives. That means that I've chosen the path of Evil. Ha, I'm fine with that though.

I continued to be lost in my thoughts. The rest of the school day was the normal school boring-ness. My school releases at 2:00 P.M., so I will have enough time to get back to my apartment before the woman Mafuyu arrives. Well, hopefully she doesn't arrive early...and hopefully my older brother doesn't get home earlier than expected.
Day 1 Part 2:
Spoiler! :
---Time: 2:28 P.M.---

Arriving inside my apartment, I took off my shoes at the door. Hurrying into the living room, I looked at the current situation. The room itself didn't look too bad, and basically the only thing wrong with it is that it looks too bland. Not that I care that much about decorations, though.

Walking inside my room, I took off my school jacket and pants. Choosing a plain black t-shirt and jeans, I made my way out to the living room once again.

Aside from the kitchen table, which only has two chairs, there is one couch and one padded chair. It's not that much, but considering the fact that only me and my older brother live here, this much is sufficient enough.

I sat down on the padded chair which is facing the couch, and waited. About ten minutes had passed before I finally heard knocking on the door. Walking in-front of the front door, I opened it and looked at the person standing there.

"Haa, thank goodness." Mafuyu said while giving a sigh of relief.

"What took you so long? It's almost 2:50" I said while moving to the side to allow her enough room to enter.

"I remembered incorrectly and thought you said L24 Street. I finally made it though."

"Hmm, is that so-"

-Guh!

Standing on the sidewalk in-front of my apartment were three people I faintly recognized. All three of them were girls, and the girl in the middle was the one that sits next to me in class. The other two were also in my class, but I almost never saw them.

All three of them were looking at me with disbelief covering their faces.

"U-u-umm..." The girl in the middle started to speak.

Erasing the small shock from my face, I quickly closed the door. From outside, I could hear two of the girls say:

"Ouch..."

"I wonder what that was all about..."

Gosh damn it. Considering how girls are, everyone in the entire freaking school is gonna think I've been banging an older woman....wait...I don't think that would be such a bad thing. Not like it would change my daily life anyways.

"You know those three?" Mafuyu asked.

"Of course not. They're only from my class." I replied as I turned around and headed towards the living room.

*clank...clank*

Stopping mid-way, I turned around and looked at Mafuyu.

"...What are you looking at?" She said.

"Take off your damn shoes at the door."

"Oh, right. Forgot."

She turned around to take off her shoes at the door, while I continued towards the living room. When I arrived, I started to get ready two glasses of water and loudly said:

"Once you're done doing that, sit wherever you want."

As I finished getting the water ready, I heard Mafuyu walk in and sit down. Walking towards her, I saw that she sat on the right side of the couch. I gave her her glass of water and sat down in the padded chair in-front of the couch.

Finally taking a good look at her body, I took in her slender figure which almost didn't fit her big breasts. From what I could see, she was wearing a white undershirt with a dark brown long-sleeve. The big bulge on her chest looked some-what restricted, which added to her slight erotic and mature appearance. She wore a short dark brown skirt which only reached the top of her knees. From my angle, I could almost see what lay beyond her upper thighs, but she crossed her legs one over the other almost like she knew where I was looking.

Taking a sip of water, I asked:

"So, I would like to know what happened after you killed the person that first attacked you."

"...Why?"

"I want to compare both of our results. I have a feeling that our...'<Interfaces>' are different."

"Fine. The only thing that happened was most likely the same <Notification> you got after you beat me. Game Match: Win, Danger Level: High, A-Virus has been upgraded: 2 XP available, then the countdown started."

"Hmm...most of it was the same, however, ours are definitely different. For one, my Danger Level was only medium. Also, as I expected, our power/ability names are different. It also seems like our powers' systems are different as well. I also had one more thing that you didn't."

"And what's that?"

"My alignment changed from Neutral(0) to Neutral(-.7). I'm not all too suprised, because I was assuming that if there are other people involved in this then everyone will have the same system or different systems. Our systems just so happen to be different, which concludes my first theory."

"You're saying that like you have more than one theory."

"Of course I do, don't you?"

"No, I don't. I don't like to bother with trivial things like that."

"Is that so. Well it helps you set a goal in mind, even if that goal is small. Anyways, I want you to bring up your <UI>."

"Why should I do that?"

"You're still questioning me? Do I have to remind you why you're here?" I said sternly.

She put on a frustrated face, but soon complied with my order.

"Open, <UI>. There, you satisfied?"

Hmm...looks like it's true. A Player can not see another Player's <UI>. It would make sense though. I wonder if there's a way to get around that...

"It's fine now. It seems like a player can't see another Player's <UI>, so you don't have to keep yours open. I want to ask you another question: What was the Player's power who attacked you?"

"She could turn parts of her body into steel or Titanium. One of the two, I can't really remember."

"Hoh...and you were able to cut through it?"

"Seems like it. There was a faint description about the metal my body produces, and it said something like...Atamium, Adatium...something along those lines."

No way...Adamantium...?!

"Is that word supposed to be Adamantium?" I asked with a serious expression.

"Yes! That's it. Adamantium...I've never heard of it though. Is it something cool?"

Holy shit...she can produce Adamantium??!! And my barrier is able to block that?! What kind of overpowered ability do I have?!

"Awh. Adamantium has never actually been proven to exist. Adamantium is in several video games, movies, comics, and even ancient history. It's said to be nearly indestructible and is able to cut through lesser metals and materials without using much strength."

"If that's the case, then why wasn't I able to cut through your barrier?"

"That's the point I was getting to. What material or substance could possibly be stronger than Adamantium? It doesn't make any sense."

Staring at Mafuyu's body, I asked:

"In your <UI> system, is there any skill or skill extension that upgrades your power's durability?"

"...There is. How'd you know?"

"No, it's not that I knew. I was expecting something like that. Since you're able to upgrade the durability, that means that your Adamantium is not 'True Adamantium'. Although, since my barrier is able to upgrade as well, I don't think you can pierce it even with your upgraded Adamantium."

"Hmph. I guess we'll see about that, won't we?"

"...Who said we were going to fight?"

"Did you really think I would just stay with you without trying to kill you? Haha, if you did think that, then you're wrong. I still want to kill you."

She glared at me, and all I could do was give a stressful sigh.

"Haa, yea yea. Anyways, after you woke up, did you see a white letter near you?"

"...Yes, I did."

"On the first line, what did it say exactly?"

"...It said: 'Congratulations, you are the fourth human to be chosen.'"

"The fourth, huh. You already took out one person, but who knows how many more there is."

"Yea, you're right. There may be a limit to how many people are chosen, and there may not be. I'm just hoping there is."

"Well, if there is a limit, then I hope that it isn't small. Too few Players can result in the Players becoming bored and uninterested, as well as the Game ending too quickly. The creator of this...'game' is most likely smart enough to realize that. So, I can safely assume that there will be an unlimited amount. Or at least a lot of players."

"Hmm? What if the creator is planning to extend this 'game' to other cities, not just this one?"

"-!...Heheheh...hahahaha..."

I grinned as I laughed, and Mafuyu looked at me weirdly.

"Why are you laughing?" She asked.

Hahahaha! Amazing! If that really is the case, then there could be hundreds of different cities involved! Maybe even the whole world will be involved!

Standing up, I walked in-front of Mafuyu and slammed my hand on the wall behind her. Looking down at her face, I said:

"Mafuyu...we will be the strongest Players in this whole Game. I will not tolerate any loses in any Game Match. From now on, you and I will be together until the end. I also need your phone number too."

"O-ok..."

"Oh, and one last thing-" I said as I retreated from her and walked a few paces away.

"-If you run into another player, contact me immediately. Unless they attack you first, go ahead and kill them without hesitation. I have a feeling that your power was created for evil. And don't worry...I'll be following the path of Evil as well."
Day 2:
Spoiler! :
---8 hours later---

---Current time: 11:23 P.M.---

Sitting down on my bed, I opened up my <UI>.

*Pi~*

Ha, just as I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

News:

Skills: Energy Force has been upgraded from Lvl 1 -> Lvl 2.

Energy Force Power Increase: 1.3x

Energy Force Passive Increase: 1.3x

4 more Lvls until next skill unlock.

Alignment: (0) -> (-.7) Neutral

Wins/Losses: 1:0

End of News

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmm....Energy Force's Power has increased by 1.3x. Sounds pretty nice. I'm assuming that also goes for its defense as well. Also...four more Lvls until the next skill unlock?...Oh, right. There are still two other skills that I can get...hopefully. Either that or once I get Energy Force to Lvl 5, I unlock another skill in Energy Force's Path.

Pressing the X in the top right hand corner, I looked at the three Paths.

Barriers, Multiplication or Teleportation, and Strength. I can't wait to obtain the other two, especially the middle Path. Also, this <UI> window is pretty big for just three skills...that probably means that I'll be able to unlock some more skills later...? I'm assuming that will happen, anyways. I'll just have to find out.

Pressing my finger against the middle skill, nothing happened. No <Interface> appeared.

-----The next day-----

---Time: 8:42 A.M.---

Opening the door to my classroom, I could feel the stares of everyone inside. I started to hear whispers among the students.

"Aaron, just sit down in your desk please." The teacher said.

Sitting at my desk, I let out a small sigh. When I looked up at the front of the classroom, I could still see several students looking at me.

This is more annoying than I thought.

Class resumed, and everything was normal. Aside from a few glances here and there, my school day was nothing special. After school, I traveled to a some-what far off place. It didn't take long to get there, so I gave my thanks to the people who invented buses.

The place I traveled to was actually a huge forest. Sometimes people enter it to just get away from the city, but most of the time no one is present. The reason why I'm going into it is simple: I'm going to test out everything I can think of.

Entering the forest, I made my way far from the road. I must've walked for at least thirty minutes, but I can't really tell. I stopped once I found a spacious clearing and sat down in the center.

Time to test some things out.

"Open, <UI>."

The <UI> opened in-front of me, and I carefully looked over the <Interface> at least three times. I was hoping to find something related to a link which brought me to a different <Interface>, but I didn't find one. My hypothesis is that there is not only the <UI>, but other <Interface>s as well. You know, like a character profile, inventory, options, basically anything like that.

Hmm...guess I'm just going to have to try to say some random things?

"Open, <Inventory>."

*Pi~*

A new <Interface> appeared, and it showed several empty squares on the <Interface>.

Nice. Well, this is good and all, but...how do I put things into the <Inventory>?

Staring at the <Interface> for several seconds while thinking, an idea popped into my head. Pulling out a pen I brought with me, I touched one of the squares on the <Interface>.

Immediately, the pen began to be pulled into the <Interface>. The space around the square lightly rippled like water until the pen completely disappeared. Looking at the square I pressed the pen onto, I noticed that the pen was now inside the square.

So that's how it works...pretty useful.

"Hmm...Open, <User Profile>."

Nothing happened.

"Open, <UP>."

A new <Interface> appeared, and this is what it displayed:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Aaron Luiz

Faction: Neutral Bad

Title: None

Guild: None

Currency: $0

Power level(Max.): 2

Power level(Average): 2

Skills UnLocked: 1

Skills Locked: 9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woah...Titles...GUILDS....!! Hahahaha, that is what I've been waiting for!! This is perfect...wait..how do I start a guild?

Hmm...Occupation, MMORPG Interface, Personal Selection?? What does that mean...Whatever. Power level Max and Average, probably talking about my skill's level. Skills unlocked...Skills locked 9?! That means that there were 10 skills in total...but there's only room for 9? A secret skill then I guess. Since my Occupation shows MMORPG Interface, I'm assuming I have everything for an MMORPG Interface? Let's try it out.

"Open, <Options>."

A new interface appeared, and I was stunned as what I saw:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Options:

Sound:

LOW <-------|-------> MAX

Notification: On

Graphics:

LOW <------|------> MAX

Social:

Party Request: Allow

Friend Request: Allow

Trade Request: Allow

Guild Request: Allow

Couple Request: Allow

Display:

Party: On

Friend: On

Guild: On

Voice Command: Off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woah! So many options! I guess it's what one would expect from an Options menu though.

As I looked through the options, I began to experiment with them. I lowered the <Sound> setting, and my ability to hear decreased. When I increased the <Sound> setting, everything only got louder, but I didn't really expect anything else to happen.

As for the <Graphics> setting, I didn't dare touch that option. Besides, that option is pretty self-explanatory
A <Social> option menu...Party, Friend, Trade, Guild, just what I would expect but...Couple Request? Why in the world would I need that...maybe I get some cool buffs or items from being a couple with someone...

Seeing the <Voice Command> option, I decided to turn in on.

"Tch...I really wish there was a type of tutorial or something . That way I would know how to use most of this freaking stuff. How do I create a damn guild...?!" I thought to myself out loud.

Touching the different <Interfaces> which were in-front of me, I moved each one next to each other. Looking at all three of them, I truly did not know where to go from here. The only thing I really want right now is the ability to create a <Guild>, and it urks me that I don't know how.

Wait a minute, don't almost all games that have guilds always have a prerequisite to be fulfilled in order to create a guild? Damn, that's most likely the case here. Games always tell you how to unlock the ability to create a guild, but right now I have nothing to go on.

I started to bite my lower lip in frustration, and after a couple of seconds I closed the three <Interface>s.

*crunch*

Suddenly, I heard the crunching of twigs just outside of the small clearing I was sitting in.

"<Sound, Max>" I whispered.

Immediately, every sound that I could hear was increased two times. I could hear my own heartbeat, leaves moving in the soft wind, and small movements of something just beyond the brush on the edge of the clearing.

Aura Vision: On.

My vision turned a light blue tint, and while surveying my surroundings, I began to notice something. <Aura Vision> showed not only the aura of humans, but of plants as well. It most likely picked up the aura of every living thing, however, the auras of non-humans was definitely not as noticeable as a human's. The aura around the plants was white.

In the area where movement was heard, I saw an outline of a body in a crouch position. Possibly noticing that I located where they were, the thing behind the brush suddenly stood up and walked out of the brush.

"Hello, hello there~ young man. I am quite surprised that you were able to sense my presence."

The person who walked out of the brush was an older looking male. He had long gray hair that was pulled back into a pony-tail. He wore a black suit and black pants with red shoes. His tie was also red, and he was wearing gloves that were white. Despite his age, he still looked like he had a lot of life in him.

"Who are you, and why are you here?" I asked while standing up.

"I was just strolling through the area...-"

"Oh please, I'm pretty sure someone dressed up the way you are would not be just 'strolling' through the middle of a forest."

The man's eyes grew slightly sharp, and he asked:

"Well, that was just a joke. I could not help but notice you when you entered the forest. I was walking home and you simply caught my eye."

"Caught your eye? Hmph, if it was something as little as that, then you are most likely mentally insane to follow a random person into the woods."

Looking at him through <Aura Vision>, he gave off a glowing white aura which was much like my own yesterday morning.

"Hahaha, oh you, please don't speak like that~. It may seem like an unusual situation but please don't misunderstand. I followed you because I know exactly who you are."

His piercing gaze was directed into my eyes, and I my initial hypothesis was correct once again.

This guy...he's a Player.

"Hmm? Is that so. Hahaha, well, if that's the case...then tell me the real reason why you're here."

I returned my own glare, however, the man did not bat an eye.

"I'm here...because I want to negotiate with you."

"...huh?"

"Yep that's right~, I want to speak with you about many things. While I watching you do whatever you were doing, I couldn't help myself but overhear you say something about a guild? And something like that in this...'Game' is probably very essential."

Why didn't I notice this guy sooner! I would've just gone home if I noticed him before, gosh damn it!

"Ho~, well, I can see that your aura isn't red or blue, so I'm assuming that you haven't taken action against anyone yet?"

"Yes, that's true. I've actually kept the fact that I'm a <Player> secret, although I may just be lucky to not have been forcefully entered into a match."

Hmm, so that probably means that my system may not be so unique in full. Maybe his system includes a <Faction> statistic as well.

"So, hearing what you've said, I'm assuming you want to know about guilds?" I asked.

"Yes, that's correct~."

"...do you want to talk about it here or-"

"Here is fine, young man."

"Haah...alright well I'm going to sit down because standing like this is annoying." I said while sitting back down on the grass.

The man did the same, which was odd because I would've thought that he did not want his suit dirty.

Oh well, also, it's not like he can do anything to me anyway. Passives are awesome.

"So, what do you want to know?" I asked.

"I want to know everything~ you know, young man." The man said with a huge smile.

This guy grosses me out a little bit....

".....Hahahaha! Do you really think I'll share everything just because you asked? Don't be stupid. I'll only share with you some information I've gathered from my own findings. Even then I may not tell you anything."

"Yes~ that's better than nothing~."

His freaking voice...!

Getting slightly annoyed, I continued anyway:

"Well, the information I'm going to share will most likely not be relevant or anything that you would want, but oh well. <Interface>s do not have reflections. Also, other Players can not see not see another's <Interface>. That information that I just revealed led me to believe that there may be some way to get around that, for example, a <Guild>."

"Hmmm~, that certainly sounds logical. Are you going to create a <Guild>?"

"Ha, that's the thing. I don't know how. If I did know how, then I would've already created one."

"Do you know how to unlock the ability to create a <Guild>?"

"Nope, I don't know that either. It's most likely the same way a player can unlock the guild option in regular games. That means that I, or other Players, are most likely going to have to unlock a certain amount of skills or get a single skill to a high enough level in order to get the ability to create a <Guild>."

"You are one smart kid..."

I haven't talked to someone like this in a long time...Actually I don't even remember the last time I talked to someone like this.

The man put his hand on his chin, most likely in thought.

First of all, how does he know I'm a Player? How did he know I was going to come out here? Is he a stalker...? Hahahahaha, not like he can damage me though. Why is he dressed in a suit- that question isn't really relevant...

I noticed the man look back up at me, and he said:

"What about the friends list?"

"-! I didn't think about that..."

"Right~, the friends list could be used as a sort of substitute until the guild creation ability is unlocked~."

"Now, before I continue, I would like to know what you want from me."

The man smiled at me and said:

"I want to join you."
Last edited by Calculatrix on Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Author of "Weaver of Chaos" and "Code : Reality"
Calculatrix
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: OLN- Code : Reality

Post by Calculatrix »

RESERVED FOR STORY

Day 3:
Spoiler! :
-Next day-

Walking down the hall toward my classroom, I continued to read the text I received from Mafuyu:

~~

Well I hope you're not being too forward about this. Randomly adding someone to our 'group' isn't always the best decision.

~~

Keh, you don't have the power to decide something like that anyway.

Replying to her mail with someone like that, I flipped my phone shut and continued to nonchalantly walk down the hall. I reached the classroom door and before I could open it myself, it was opened from the other side. The girl who sits next to me in class got half-way through the threshold before she realized that she almost bumped into someone, and that someone just so happened to me.

"Guh!-"

She quietly displayed her shock in a cute manner as her face flushed red, and she took a couple of small steps back.

Not really paying any heed to her, I silently walked past her toward my desk.

*catch*

I felt a hand grip my forearm, and shifted my body to the left to see the girl have a look of complete disbelief on her face.

Did she not mean to do that?...I'm not sure exactly why she would grab me though.

"...Do you need something?" I said in the increasingly awkward atmosphere.

"...Ah-..ah-..ah..um-"

"If not, then don't touch me."

I yanked my arm out of her soft grip almost too roughly, and I turned back around to sit in my desk. Slightly looking over my shoulder, I saw the girl leave the classroom with her hands covering her face. Another girl left the classroom which almost looked like she was chasing the girl that grabbed my arm.

Hahaha, the only time I come early to school, something weird like this happens. Oh well.

The last minutes before the bell rang had passed, and both girls soon arrived back inside the classroom. The girl sat at her desk just left of mine, and it looked like she was forcing herself to not look in my direction. I acted just how I always do, and decided to forget about what happened.

---Lunch Break---

Arriving at my usual lonely spot under a tree, I resumed my daily lunch activity: sleep.

I rarely eat lunch at lunch break, not because I'm not able to get lunch, but just because I'm not hungry. There's also the fact that most of the time I'm too lazy, and once I get into a comfortable position, that laziness overflows me. I definitely don't dislike it though, considering that this is almost the only time I can truly relax.

Looking over my <Friends List>, this is what it looked like so far:

~~

Friends: 1

-Jacob Hashiz (Online)

Pending: 0

Blocked: 0

Add Friend

Delete Friend

~~

Hashiz...where have I heard that name before...? I also need to add Mafuyu...I guess I'll tell her to meet me at my apartment today.

Closing the <Interface>, I closed my eyes to enjoy the soft breeze that smoothly moved over my body and my surroundings like a stream. I picked this spot not only because of the sun which shining through the leaves, but also because the cool breeze flows past different in this area. I don't know why, or maybe it's just me, but I thoroughly enjoy this resting spot.

*crunch...crunch*

I heard soft footsteps approaching me from behind the tree, and I picked up a slight sweet aroma. That scent grew stronger as the footsteps grew closer, and as someone who doesn't dislike sweets, I had to sit up and take a peek around the tree to see who was coming near me. Also the fact that, no one has ever come up to me during lunch break, excluding my first year in high school.

My eyes widened slightly in surprise as I saw the girl who sits next to me class walking toward me with two, what seemed like, freshly baked chocolate muffins.

What in the world is she doing...

Her face was slightly red, and she kept her head facing downward as she slowly walked. Every so often she would look up and to the side, and she eventually locked eyes with me. Once that happened, she suddenly stopped moving. Her mouth was slightly open in shock I would assume, and she didn't move for a solid five seconds, which seemed like a really long five seconds. She was barely seven feet away from the tree.

"...Oi." I said.

"Hah!-" She gave off another weird noise.

"What're you doing?" I said as I stood up.

"I j-just wanted to give you something for lunch...since...I never s-see you eating anything..." She replied.

For some reason, I felt a little bad for this girl. She was clearly afraid of me, I assume, and she still wants to give me a snack out of kindness?...I assume again.

My precious relaxing time...slowly drifting away.....

"If you want to give me something, then give it to me. Otherwise, leave me alone."

I stood still with a relaxed expression, as I, even though it doesn't really affect me personally, don't want people to naturally dislike or hate me. At least give me a chance, you know?

"Yes! I will do that..."

The girl walked quickly up to me, and held out one of her hands which had one of the muffins on it. To be honest, it looked quite tasty from my perspective, especially because the aroma coming off of it was different from ordinary chocolate muffins. I'm not sure how to explain it, but it smelled more simple, and I like simple.

"Well, I guess I should say...thank you?"

I said as I grabbed the muffin out of her hand, to which she slightly flinched at for some reason. Turning around and walking back to my spot, I heard the same soft foot steps behind me. I stopped abruptly, and the girl didn't notice in time so she smashed in my back. Well, not smashed but it did have some force behind it.

Looking over my shoulder, I saw her rubbing her nose. I chuckled a small laugh, and when she looked up at me I quickly turned my head straight and went silent. I stepped a few feet into my spot and proceeded to sit down with my back against the tree. The breeze never stopped flowing through the area, and it felt even better while I slowly ate my newly acquired muffin.

Not paying much attention to the girl anymore, I was almost completely relaxed while eating my muffin and sitting in the shade, which had several spots where the sun shown through. The girl took small steps, probably because she didn't want to get too close to me. She sat down not too close, but not too far away from me either.

Suddenly half-snapping back into reality, I looked over at the girl. Her cheeks were dyed a light red color, and the smile on her face looked like pure happiness. I've never seen something like that before, so it was a definite surprise to me.

Now that I think about it, it's already the second half of the school year and I can't remember this girl's name. Hahaha, I've never had a use for it.

"Hey." I said.

"Hm?" She replied, still smiling.

"What's your name?"

The girl stopped just before she was going to take a bite out of her muffin, and she slowly turned her head toward me.

"Y-..you don't know my n-name?"

The smile on her face disappeared, and I was suddenly lost.

...Did I say something wrong?

"Yes, but, I don't think it's that far-fetched right? We never talk or interact. Plus, I don't remember about ninety-percent of peoples' names."

"I...guess that makes sense..."

Whew-...Why do I feel so relaxed now? Haaaaaah, this is too troublesome.

"So...what's your name?" I asked with a slightly annoyed tone.

"R-right...my name is Zereva Hashiz."

Huh?...You're kidding right?...HAHAHAHAHA! Hashiz?! HAHAHA, so this is where I heard that damn name from! To think that this girl's father is involved with the Game...Kahahaha. I guess it wouldn't be too far fetched to assume that she is involved as well.

"Ah, I slightly remembered your last name, just not your first."

"W-well, I thought you would've remembered it because we've been in the same class for three years..."

What? We have?

"...Is that so. Well I guess I'll remember it know. Don't be too sad if I forget it again though. I have a bad memory."

"...Mm!"

Zereva nodded her head with a big smile, which made the slight dark atmosphere disappear.

Long black hair, blue eyes, medium sized breasts. Hm, I like it. Her waist line fits her slightly small body almost perfectly, too. Soft, I assume, light skinned legs that show her growing maturity, especially at the thighs...-mental cough- I think I've been reading too much manga....

*RING*

Hearing the bell that signals the end of lunch break, I stood up and reached for my bag. Zereva stood up with her bag as well, and she stood still awkwardly.

-sigh- Seriously, it's like she's forcing me into these things. Oh well.

Walking past Zereva, I said:

"If people see you doing this, then your reputation will drop so low that there will be no return. Stop doing this."

I kept walking toward the school building, and I heard Zereva running up behind me.

"I-I'm fine with that!" She said loudly.

"Wh-"

"I'm f-fine with my reputation dropping. I don't care much for it anyways...so...I'm not going stop because I...l-like to be around you!" Her face was very noticeably blushing as she finished her sentence.

Is this girl stupid?!

"...Well, whatever you want. If you want your reputation to dumped into the trash, then so be it. Don't blame me for anything that happens to you."

With that, I started to walk toward the school building once more.

---After school---

I sat in the chair in-front of the couch, and waited. I texted Mafuyu the time I wanted her to arrive, which is three o'clock, so she should be knocking on the door any time now.

*knock-knock*

Finally.

Getting up and walking to the door, I opened it to see Mafuyu standing in-front of me.

"Welcome back to my apartment, BB." I said.

"Can you not call me BB? It's sexual harassment." She retorted.

"Hahaha, come on. BB for Big Breasts, right? No one has to know."

"Yea, but I know and it's annoying. I have a name."

"And now you have a nick-name. Congratulations."

"Asshole..."

We entered the kitchen/living room, and Mafuyu sat down in the same place as last time. I did the same as well.

"So, what did you want to tell me?"

"Well, I want to tell you some things considering the <Friends List> and what my current plan is."

"Alright, go ahead."

"My current plan is to use the <Friends List> as a type of substitute for a <Guild>. Since I don't have the ability to create a <Guild> yet, I think the <Friends List> is the next in line."

"A <Guild>?"

"Yea, <Guild>. A guild is something like a group of players that band together for certain reasons. To kill boss monsters, farm certain mobs, merching, PvP, etc."

"Ah, that makes sense...but why can't you make one?"

"I can't make one because I need to level up my skills to a certain level. That's what I'm assuming anyway."

"That so....and? The <Friends List> is the substitute for that?"

"Yea. It's the best thing for locating your friends or allies, as well as messaging them if you aren't in a guild."

"Hmm, that sounds pretty convenient. So, I'm assuming you want to add me as a friend?"

"Of course."

"Alright, I guess that's fine. It's not much different from having my phone number though."

"Just some extra benefits is all. <Friends List>."

Clicking on the <Add Friend> option, a smaller <Interface> appeared. I spoke Mafuyu's name, and that activates the friend request.

"Did you get it?" I asked.

"Yep."

~~

Player Mafuyu Nuas has been added as a friend.

~~

"Good. Now, I want to talk about Jacob."

"...Ok."

"First things first, his full name is Jacob Hashiz. His daughter is a student at my school."

"His daughter...?"

"Yea, that's right. His daughter. She sits right next to me in class. Not such a bad girl so far."

"Hmmm. So, what about Jacob?"

"I already told him that he will be getting a friend request from you, so make sure to send him one either now or later, doesn't really matter this early in the Game. Secondly, I want you to research him for me. I want to know what his career is, if he has one."

"What? You want me to research him? Are you crazy?!"

"No, not crazy. Smart is the word you're looking for. I don't know anything about Jacob aside from him having a daughter, so knowing more about him would be better than not having any information on him at all."

"....Che, fine." She replied with an angry tone.

"Well, that's basically all I wanted to talk about. You're free to leave...unless you want to stay?"

"No, I'm good. I have some things to attend to."

"Hmm, like what?"

"Work."

"Hahaha, alright, I'll buy it this time. Also, if you come across any players, try to negotiate first. If they don't want to negotiate, then kill them."

"...Heh, I got it. Don't worry too much, you'll get wrinkles on your skin."

"Keh, that will never happen."

I watched Mafuyu leave my apartment, and after the door closed behind her, I locked it. I then proceeded to go into my room and play video games for the rest of the day.
Day 4:
Spoiler! :
-BEEP- -BEEP- -BEEP-

I reached over and pressed the button on the top of my alarm clock and stopped the annoying beeping. Opening my eyes, I looked at the clock that showed the time to be six A.M.

"Uhg....I stood up too late last night..."

I got of out of my bed, still only half awake by the time I got to my closet. Pulling out my clean school uniform, I hung if up to my door. I left my room and entered the restroom, where I proceeded to take a shower and the other things that I do every morning.

After my shower I arrived back at my room and dressed myself in my school uniform. I reached for my bag which was placed not too far away on-top of my desk, and I walked into the large living room.

"Ah..." I inadvertently let out a surprised sound.

"Good morning, Aaron."

My older brother, Luke, was sitting at the kitchen table while reading a book with a bowl of cereal in-front of him.

"Luke, what about work?"

"For certain reasons at work, I have the day off. Don't worry about. Come, sit down and eat your breakfast." He pointed toward the bowl of cereal on the other side of the table.

After I sat down, I thanked him for the preparing the meal.

"...So, how's school been coming along?" Luke asked.

"The usual. Nothing really happens." I answered.

"Hmmm."

Not that you would understand anyway.

"Well, just don't get behind on your classes. Not being able to graduate is a bad thing." He said.

"Yea...I know."

Our conversation ended like that, and after I finished my breakfast I took the bowl to the sink and rinsed it out before placing it in the sink. I walked to the front door, put on my shoes, and said good-bye before I left the apartment for school.

---Just before first period---

Before I fully relaxed in my chair at my first period at school, I remembered that I forgot to text Mafuyu the new location of our meet up. Perhaps I was too eager to know details about Jacob, but I still wanted hear anything new if she had gathered anything in the first place.

I opened the <Message Interface> for messaging people on my <Friend's List>, and entered Mafuyu's name in the receiver line. I sent her a message that stated that I wanted us to meet in-front of the forest at 4 P.M. Also, I am able to 'write' the details of the message through my thoughts, so I didn't look weird creating the message or sending it.

I can also see if I am able to challenge Mafuyu to a <Match>. I'm been curious on how this <Match> thing works. Jacob sounded like he knew something about it as well....I don't necessarily want him at our meeting though...

Through my thoughts, I looked to my left and saw Zereva staring at me. Once she saw that I noticed her, she quickly turned her head. She then slowly turned her head back facing toward me, and she shyly smiled and waved her hand. I smiled backed while thinking:

I can't have this growing relationship be ruined, but I also don't want it to grow into something that will possibly go out of control. If she gets too attached to me too quickly, it could possibly spell disaster for me and most certainly my plans. I also don't want Jacob to know that his daughter has growing feelings toward me. Although, considering how he is, the moment he sees Zereva and I together I think he would figure it out.

While silently frustrated, I looked away from Zereva and focused on what I could do stop Zereva's feelings from growing too fast. However, considering how I have never really talked to people, in the end, I couldn't think of anything.

Due to that, at lunch break, Zereva was once again sitting near me at my usual resting spot with two new muffins. Although I don't dislike muffins, having her around during my resting time is somewhat of a disturbance. I silently thought to myself that I would eventually get used to it.

--After school--

Once I got home from school, I noticed that Luke was not in the living room anymore. Although, that is to be expected.

I walked past Luke's bedroom and noticed the door being wide open. I looked inside and saw Luke fast asleep on his bed, and seeing that, I decided to not create any loud noises. I retreated back to my own room, and decided that I should just play video games to kill time before I had to leave for the meeting with Mafuyu.

I left my house at 3:35, and I just made it in-front of the forest by bus at 4:03. Although I was a couple of minutes late, the bus was actually faster than expected due to low traffic.

Stepping off the bus, I saw Mafuyu sitting on a bench not too far away from the bus stop. I walked over to her with a quick pace, considering that I was already late.

"Sorry I'm late. The first bus that drives out here arrived near my apartment at 3:35. I just got here." I said.

"Yea, whatever. By the way, why did you want us to meet all the way out here?"

"My older brother has a day off from work today, so I wanted to come out here. I like the peace and quiet sometimes."

"Huh, is that so. Well, what did you want to talk about?"

"Oh, not out here. I mean in the forest. There's a certain spot that I know that is quite comfortable."

"...In the forest."

"Yea....Oh don't worry, I won't rape you anything."

"Hmph, well ok. Not like you can do anything to me anyway."

What is the supposed to mean...

With that, I walked toward the huge forest with Mafuyu close behind.

Once we entered the small clearing, I sat down near the middle.

"Come on, sit down." I said.

Mafuyu looked at my weirdly but sat down anyway. Right now she's wearing some-what loose jeans, a white shirt, and a black jacket. Her long brown hair was laid down over her sides and the end of her hair rested softly on the ground. Her breasts protruded outward to the point where both her shirt and jacket were restraining her bosom almost to their limits.

Does this woman even realize what she's wearing? Well, I don't particularly dislike it.

"So? What do you want to talk about?" Mafuyu asked.

"...I want to talk about what we are going to do in the near future. Right now, things seem too silent and calm. I was expecting a bigger outbreak of Players, but it seems like nothing has happened thus far. I am also concerned with Jacob, and I would like to know if you-"

"Did somebody call my name?"

"Ahhh!"

"What?!"

As Jacob quickly entered the clearing from the surrounds bushes, Mafuyu screamed while I was surprised that I wasn't able to notice Jacob's presence once again.

Ugh. I can't test if I can challenge Mafuyu to a <Match> now. Oh well.

Jacob walked over to us and sat down like nothing ever happened. He outstretched his hand in-front of Mafuyu and said:

"Hello there young lady, I am Jacob. Please do not worry, as I am getting up there in age. Anyways, it is nice to meet you." He said with a smile.

Still slightly shocked at his sudden appearance, all Mafuyu could really do was shake his hand and reply.

"Likewise..."

"Jacob, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Oh, I have a lot free time so I always walk on the path in-front of the forest at this time of day. By the time I make my way back, I can see the beautiful sunset which is always a sight to behold."

"That doesn't answer my question."

"Oh, right! Hahaha, yes. While I was on my daily walk, I saw both of you but I only recognized you, Aaron. I guessed that the woman was Mafuyu, and I was right. I heard my name so I decided to come out since it was quite troubling to try to find the right timing to introduce myself into the conversation."

"Well following us like this isn't the best way to be friendly, you know? It makes you seem like a creeper."

"Well~...I'm not trying to be a creeper, so I apologize for that. Anyway, I overheard you saying something like, 'I am concerned with Jacob...'"

"Ah, that. Well, you weren't part of my original plans, since you one day followed me into these woods and confronted me. I really wasn't expecting something like that to happen. I merely added you on a whim, and I'm trying to find a way to properly add you to my plans."

"Ah, so that's it! Well, I do apologize for suddenly confronting you like that but I sensed a lot of potential from you. That is mostly why I wanted to talk to you."

"Hmm, anyway. I want to know something. Who are you really, Jacob?" I asked.

"....Well, I'll invite you both to my house in a couple of days. So, until then, just sit back and wait ok?"

"Hmph, well that's fine. I don't want to force you to do anything. Since you say it like that, I'm expecting more than I used to."

"Yes, that's fine. Don't worry, you won't be disappointed."

After that, us three talked about about what we would do from now until something actually happens, and we just arrived at the same conclusion as we did in the past: Wait and silently try to find Players. Other than that, there's really nothing else we can do right now.

My personal feeling is that something big is not too far off in the future.
Day 7:
Spoiler! :
---Three days later---

Suddenly, I awoke earlier than I expected. I sat up in my bed and looked over at my alarm clock which showed the time to be 4:45 A.M.

What the heck...Well, I am feeling kind of thirsty.

Before I could move my legs over the side of my bed, a *ping* noise resounded in my head as a new <Notification> appeared.

What the...

~~~

This may be a bit late, but hello and welcome to the <Game>! It is my honor to introduce all of you to my creation. The reason why I am sending this message out a week after the <Game> 'started' is because I had to wait for enough Players to be selected. Most of you are wondering...why am I doing this? Well, I'll tell the ones who have survived at the end. Immediately following this message will be a <System Update>, so everyone's <Interface>s will be temporarily inaccessible.

Now for the important part of this message. I am going to give everyone some useful information, so read carefully please.

So far, 25,892 Players have been selected to join the <Game>. This number is expected to heavily increase within the next month or so.

All new Players will have an <Information Interface> which provides details on the upcoming information.

Following the <System Update>, a new <Application> will be implemented. This new <Application>, called <Dungeon>, is simply what it sounds like. Although there won't be any monsters inside, because Players will fight against Players. So PvP basically.

This <Dungeon> feature will include many different elements, including 1 versus 1, 2 versus 2, Party versus Party, and so on. There will also be prizes, but I will let you, the Players, read that information once it is available.

Last but not least, Players will now be able to identify other Players. Players' names and <Skill Level> will be shown above their head. All non-Players will have nothing above their heads. I am implementing this now because I did not want too many Players dying off on me so early in the <Game>. That is also why after the first day, I took away the ability for Players to be forced into <Game Matches>. It's a real shame that so much of my hard work has already been destroyed. Oh well.

Every week there will be news announcements like this, so please look forward to those.

To the Players currently reading this,good luck to you all. May God have mercy on your soul....or not. Haha, seriously though Players, good luck. Try not to kill yourselves. And most importantly, have fun.

Time until <System Update>: 5 seconds

~~~

A message from the Creator-! Five seconds!

When the countdown reached zero, I felt all of the energy in my body fade away. I fell back into my bed, and my consciousness also faded.

I sat straight up in my bed once I woke up, and my alarm clock showed the time to be 8:45 A.M.

I don't feel very different-

*ping*

A new <Interface> which was yellow appeared in-front of me, and these are the contents:

~~

System Update Completed.

Updates:

<Dungeon> Mode. [1v1 system]

News Announcements.

Party System.

Guild System.

Couple System.

Identification System.

Finished Skill Tree System.

Secret Skill System.

End of Updates.

_____

To open the <Dungeon Interface>, say <DI>.

To open the <Party Interface>, say <PI>.

To open the <Guild Interface>, say <GI>.

To open the <Couple Interface>, say <CI>.

~~

Wow, that is a lot of updates. No wonder there was nothing happening during the first week. There was nothing TO do. But there is now I guess.

Moving my legs over the side of my small bed, I stood up and completed my daily morning routine. When I finished and walked into the large living room, the time was already 9:30. I could hear certain familiar sounds from outside, but I was still half asleep to care.

Oh yea, I lost consciousness...wait then that means...twenty-six thousand people also lost consciousness. I better turn on the news.

Walking over to the small television which was placed on-top of a shelf on the back wall near the furniture, I turned it on and switched to the news channel. Luckily, I was able to turn it on just in time for what I wanted to hear.

[According to reports, almost twenty-six thousand people fainted. Due to this sudden event, there have been many car accidents and other accidents related to work. The estimated death toll is up to eight hundred.]

Hmph, so much for your hard work, huh?

I turned the television off, simply satisfied with what I heard. I was expecting something like this to happen. I remembered my phone on the dining table, and I went over to it to pick it up. I saw that I had a new message, and I read it.

The message was from Luke, my older brother. He told me that he would be spending the night at a friend's home. I wasn't surprised by this, because I'm used to him doing things like that.

Since there was no breakfast, I decided to just take a granola bar with me when I walk to school.

Ah, I need to message Mafuyu and Jacob just in-case.

I opened my <Message Interface>, or <MI>, and sent messages to both of them. I almost immediately recieved two messages, which both told me that they were not harmed.

After reading their messages, I left the apartment for school.

I reached the front gate of my school, and it was closed just like I expected. Along the way here, there were ambulances and firetrucks passing by every so often. The constant noise of sirens was quite annoying.

I saw a sign on the front gate, and it said that school is closed until further notice and that every student should have received a phone call concerning the issue. I don't remember receiving such a message, so I just passed it by as a simple mistake.

"Aaron!"

I heard a voice call out to me, and I looked to my left to see Zereva running toward me. I looked above her head and saw her name and her <Skill Level>, which stayed in place without regard to the slight swaying of her head as she ran.

Well, I was right once again.

"Aaron, are you all ri-" Zereva started.

When she stopped talking, I noticed her eyes directed at the area above my head.

"Oh...I see. You're a Player."

"Yea, that's right. I'm a Player. Just like you. Don't worry, I don't want to hurt you. I was actually hoping you would join me." I said.

"Wh-what?"

"Don't worry if you don't understand. In the mean time, I want you to come back with me to my apartment."

"...Huh?!"

Zereva stood there shocked while blushing, and I'm not sure what was so shocking about my invitation.

"...Is there something wrong?"

"N-no. I'm fine. I'll go."

"Good. Follow me then."

I turned around and started to walk back to my apartment, with the road on my right-hand side. Zereva caught up with me on my left side, and no words were said on the walk home.

After we arrived at my apartment, I sat down on the couch while Zereva sat down in the padded chair. I messaged Mafuyu and Jacob to come to my apartment, and since Jacob had never been to my apartment before, I gave him the address. They both agreed to my invitation, and they both arrived a couple of minutes apart.

Mafuyu sat down on the opposite side of the couch. When Jacob walked in, he saw Zereva and was completely shocked that she was Player. I told him to grab one of the dining table chairs and that we'll talk about it later.

"I want to ask you something first, Aaron." Jacob said.

"What is it?"

"I want Zereva to join us."

"Well, if you haven't noticed already, Zereva is sitting right there. So obviously she's going to be with us-"

"Hold on, a weak and fragile-looking girl like her is going to join us? Is this a joke?" Mafuyu asked.

"What did you say?!" Jacob yelled while standing up from his chair.

"Don't worry about it for now. We don't know what kind of <Interface> she has. For all we know, she could be stronger than you. Jacob, sit down." I replied.

"Now, as you all know, everything was updated. I assume that both of you were expecting this little talk to be about that. And that is correct. First off, I want to talk about the <DI>. Go ahead and open it." I said.

We opened the <DI>, and this is what it looked like:

~~~
Dungeon Mode (PvP)

Dungeon 1v1
Dungeon 2v2 Dungeon 3v3 Dungeon 4v4

Guild versus Guild

Dungeon 1v1 Leaderboard

Dungeon 2v2 Leaderboard

Dungeon 3v3 Leaderboard

Dungeon 4v4 Leaderboard

Guild versus Guild Leaderboard

~~~

"Hmm, I wasn't really expecting so much to be here." I said.

Touching the <Dungeon 1v1> button, a new <Interface> appeared which showed the word 'queue' and a timer counting up. I quickly exited the <Interface> because I do not want to enter the <Dungeon> right now. When I pressed the other buttons, an <Interface> appeared which said 'N/A'.

"Well, that seems pretty simple. Just like how it said in the announcement, new things will be updated in the future." Jacob said.

"That's true. Alright, next one is the <PI>."

~~~

Party

Aaron Luiz (Skill level: 2)

(Empty)

(Empty)

(Empty)

~~~

"You know...I don't quite know what I was expecting." Mafuyu said dully.

"Well, don't worry. The next one is important. The <GI>."

I quickly opened the <GI> to find this:

~~~

Guild (None)

Create Guild

~~~

-No way! Am I really able to create a guild?!

I pressed the <Create Guild> button and a new <Interface> appeared. A line which read 'Guild Name' was placed above a button which read 'Create'. I pressed the line and another <Interface> appeared. I thought the name I wanted, and pressed Create.

....Kehahahaha! I did it! Finally! The main thing I wanted until now. I finally have it!

The <Interface> disappeared, and then another new one appeared. It was much bigger than the ones before, and more complex. I assumed it to be the new <GI>:

~~~

Guild: Omega

Guild Level: 1
Guild members: 1 Guild Founder: Aaron Luiz

Member List:

Founder: Aaron Luiz

Invite Player
Kick Player Dissolve Guild Leave Guild

~~~

"Hey guys, I just created a guild." I announced.

"You what?!" Mafuyu asked.

"Hahahaha....this is great. There were no prerequisites to create a guild. I'll invite the three of you right now."

I invited them by pressing the <Invite Player> button, and I just had to think their names to invite them.

"Alright, I accepted." Mafuyu said.

I looked over at Mafuyu and saw that the word <Omega> had appeared above her name. When Jacob and Zereva accepted the invite, the same thing happened. Their names also appeared on the guild member list, with the word 'member' to the left of their names.

"Well, that's basically it. I'm not going to bother going into the <CI> right now, as I'm not so interested in it at the moment. You guys can go." I announced.

"...That's it?" Zereva asked shyly.

"Yep, that's it. Besides, don't you and Jacob have things to talk about?"

Zereva's eyes widened a bit before she stood up. Jacob said good-bye and walked with Zereva out of my apartment. As they were leaving, Mafuyu stood up and as she walked past me, I grabbed her arm.

"Mafuyu, did you get any information regarding Jacob?" I asked.

"Yea, I did. Although it may not be what you are expecting. To be honest, I was a little surprised myself."

"Then tell me."

"Alright, alright. It turns out that Jacob is the CEO of the amusement park called Wonderland. He has a huge home which is actually guarded. He must be filthy rich, and I don't know why but that Zereva girl has been trying to keep the fact that her father is the CEO of Wonderland a secret. I'm not sure how she managed to do that, but she did."

Ho~? So he's a rich old man, and his daughter hides the fact that he is her father. Seems a bit complicated. Plus, a huge house? He most likely has maids. I've never actually seen one in real life before...

"Good job. You completed your first assignment successfully. Now, I'm going to give you your second assignment." I said.

"HUH?! Assignment? Do you really think you can just boss me around? I'm at least five years older than you, kid. If you assume that I'll agree to your demand agai-Kgh!"

Before she could finish, I grabbed her by the neck and threw her on the ground. I then slammed my foot down on her stomach before saying:

"If you think I'm joking around here, then I'll just beat you until near-death and leave you out on the street. I guess the word 'assignment' isn't the right word to use, so I apologize. I'm going to give you our next goal." I coldly said.

I lifted her up and set her on the couch. She wiped a bit of drool away from her mouth before looking up at me.

"If you only didn't insult and interrupt me, then I wouldn't have had to go to such lengths to make you listen to me. Plus, my...demand isn't something hard. It's something that is really straightforward and actually it's expected to be done. All I was going to ask is for you to participate in the <Dungeon> as much as you can. Also, don't get killed, as I assume that anyone that gets killed in the <Dungeon> actually dies. It would be troublesome for me if I lost you."

"Keh, words like that won't make me feel any better. And you're right, I was already going to do what you were going to ask of me." Mafuyu replied.

"Hmph, as long as you understand. Just try not to be so rude in the future. It doesn't feel good when I harm my comrade."

"Hahahaha...hahaha..."

"What's so funny?"

"Hearing the word 'comrade' from your mouth sounds a little foreign that's all." She said with a slight smile.

That's the first smile I've seen from her. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Aaron: 'What, you're laughing just after I threw you on the ground and kicked you?'

"Hehehe, don't worry about that. I have a passive that reduces pain and increases my normal healing."

Huh? What is this feeling?....It feels like...I'm forgetting something important...

"Eh? W-why are you crying all of sudden..."

"Huh? What? I'm what...?"

I touched my cheek to feel a single tear. I quickly wiped it away without knowing why it appeared.

"...Get out." I quietly said while looking down.

"What?"

"I told you to get out of here!" I yelled.

I heard Mafuyu take in a small gasp of air, but she quickly stood up and left.

What the Hell?! Why am I crying? Why? Why why why why why?! I don't have any reason to cry!!

I fell to my knees, and put my right hand over my right eye.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!??? WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING??!!! WHAT IS HAPPENING??!!!

"Hahaha...hahahahaha...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

I want to DESTROY something so bad!!!--Ah...the <Dungeon>...

"Open, <DI>."

The <DI> appeared, and I pressed the <Dungeon 1v1> button. The queue appeared, and I was almost instantly paired with someone.

"Hahahahahaha, I can't freaking wait to pummel this person into the ground like the piece of shit they are!!!!"
Last edited by Calculatrix on Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Calculatrix
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Calculatrix »

Chapter 3 has been released. I am grateful for the few views this is getting, as every single one counts. To whoever is actually reading this, thank-you.

Working on Chapter 4.
Calculatrix
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Calculatrix »

Chapter 4 is up.

The calm before the storm...? Dunno.

I'm really only writing this because I enjoy writing this story, as I haven't planned everything out yet, I do want to know where I'll take it. I already know how I want to end it though. Just not how to get there, I suppose. Image
Calculatrix
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Calculatrix »

No new chapter today, and I'm actually working on it right now.

The only update is that I've changed something. I changed the chapters to Days, so Chapter 1 is now Day 1, Chapter 2 is now Day 1 Part 2, etc.

I personally think this will be a better format for the story, and it also helps me layout the timeline for the story. I am going to implement something that goes along with this, so that will make this easier for me to calculate which day to implement it on. It will be an important addition to the story's system, and it will also be an information panel for not only the readers but for the characters in the story as well.

Till next time...cya.
Calculatrix
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Calculatrix »

Day 4, or Chapter 5, is now out. I realize that this is mostly dialogue and character introductions, however, the next chapter will introduce the one big event which will 'officially' start the action part of "Code : Reality". I have already planned out about half of the next chapter, so I still need to finish the storyboard for it until I am able to actually start writing it.

The next chapter will introduce something very important in the story, and I plan to expand on that one idea more and more as the story progresses.

Till next time...cya.
Calculatrix
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Calculatrix »

Chapter 6 Day 7 is out. I skipped ahead 3 days mainly because nothing will happen between Day 4 and Day 7. I am finally getting into the actual story, and to be honest, it took a lot longer than I thought it would to get here. Well, all this means is that introductions are over for now. There was a lot of dialogue and laid-back scenes, but now the action is going to be coming back.
Spoiler! :
With a fired-up insane Aaron of course.
I had to do quite a bit of BB coding and I had to go back and forth between the preview and the draft. But I finally figured out a solution. Yay.

There is something I would like to type about some stuff in the text of Day 7, so here:
Spoiler! :
Anything in the <DI> that isn't in the Update with have a (N/A) when pressed. I tried to put that in the text but nothing was being spaced apart, so I decided to take it out. There are some problems with the BB code that I couldn't figure out, but it doesn't look bad. Anything that is not in the Update will have a (N/A) appear when pressed.

Return to “Creative works”