OLN: Nýr Heimur Chronicle

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

rushido
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Mushoku Tensei, Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, Re: Monster

Re: OLN: Nýr Heimur Chronicle

Post by rushido »

Chapter 7
Spoiler! :
The Obsessive Assassin

So I got a bird as a pet. I have told Darling not to eat the bird so it will be fine right?
I should summon them both and introduce them.

"Summon Darling, Summon Mary."
"Woooooof!"
"Kweeeeh!"
Mary appeared in baby form. She's around the size of a lovebird.
Anyway, the crown still sticks in her head. It looks oversized right now. Seems very cute...

{Master, the bird is appearing from the magic circle like Darling!}
{Yeah, she's also my pet too now. Her name is Mary. Mary, this cute and fluffy wolf is Darling.}
{Ahoy Darling. I'm Mary t’ bird, boss’s new underlin’.}
{Mary just for your information, Darling is master's number one pet. Thus Darling will be on top priority in food sharing.}
This gluttonous wolf only thinks about food...
{Yohoho! Don't worry about that Darling, I’m here for t’ booty, nah fer th' grub.}
And this greedy bird only thinks about treasure...
Well since they both got a different interest, a quarrel can be avoided. Good good...
Now, it’s time to retrieve Mary's birth certificate!

Mary ♀
Level: 1
Race: Zerandilian Green Eagle (baby)
Weak to earth
Stat:
STR 4 VIT 6 AGI 7 INT 9 WIS 9 LUK 6
Skill:
-

Judging from her stat, Mary seems to be a magic type pet.
She doesn't have any magic skill unlocked yet so she won't be useful for now. She can be utilized as a scout though.
Alright, let's proceed as planned. Anyway, maintaining two pets at once put more strain on my mana. When Mary turns into an adult, I definitely need better mana regeneration equipments.

{Mary, we are going to King Solaren’s Tomb. We travel by riding Darling.}
{Anywhar be fine. Can I snuggle inside ye robe's pocket boss?}
{Ehh? Uhhhm go ahead Mary.}
{Yohohoho… This be comfortable... so warm}
When she transform into her juvenile form she won't be able to do that anymore, so I'll just let her stay in my pocket as much as she pleases.
{Master please hug Darling like usual. Darling won't let Mary snatch master away!}

It took a while to find the tomb. The map only gives the general location, not pinpointing the entrance's exact position. It's being hidden by some rock formation.
Thankfully, Mary managed to find it by scouting from the sky. That's the advantage of being a bird...

In front of the tomb entrance, a lot of players seem to gather.
Unlike Golmorian jungle, this place is a popular hunting ground, it is not uncommon to find a group of players hunt together. If the dungeon is filled with players, I can't utilize my pet to my heart's content.
Hmm, should I unsummon my pets and group together with them for a while... Or... Aha! Yeah, It's faster to do that.
I approach a group of adventurers that is busy checking their loots.
"Excuse me, do you have chimera’s claw, ghoul’s decayed nail and death knight’s eyeball? I'll buy them for a higher price than the NPC."
"Ah K̄heā phūd p̣hās̄ʹā xạngkvs̄ʹ, Reīyk Regalo." (Ah he speaks English, call Regalo.)

I don't know what they are saying. They probably call someone else who can speak English. Since Noire spoke English pretty fluently, I thought Thai people were accustomed to English. It seems that's not the case. After a while, a tall black haired elf mage came and speak to me.

"Hi, I'm Regalo. I'm sorry, my friends are not too fluent in English. So what can I do for you?"
"My name is Purta. I'm looking for chimera’s claw, ghoul’s decayed nail and death knight’s eyeball. Can you sell me some?"
"Is it for the |Dark Magic| quest?"
"Yeah. How did you know?"
"The damn instructor gave me the same quest long ago. As a fellow mage, I can feel your suffering."
"Hahaha, yeah that instructor is such a pain. So, do you have some?"
"How many do you need? The amount that the NPC ask is different from person to person."
"I need 5 chimera’s claw, 10 ghoul’s decayed nail and 30 death knight’s eyeball."
"What did you do to the instructor? Usually she would ask for 1 chimera's claw, and a lesser amount of nails and eyeballs."
"I came at the wrong time, distract her, and I ruin her experiment and she told me to get all those stuff or kill a demon lord... Seriously, a level 61 mage against a demon lord? What the hell is she thinking..."
"Hahahahahaha... Ah ehheem, sorry. I'll ask my friends for those stuff. Wait a second okay..."
Then Regalo doze off and speak to his friend one by one. A loud laugh can be heard when he spoke to his friends.
After a while, he came back to me.

"Sorry it took a while. Here it is Purta."
"So how much is it Regalo?"
I forgot to negotiate the price before.
What if I got scammed? Well, I had plenty of money from selling some loot I got from Golmorian jungle, but I am not willing to let go of that money through some silly scam.

"Hmm, just 2000 gold will do."
"Isn't this too cheap? I told your friends before that I'm willing to buy them for a better price than the NPC."
I got around 250.000 gold right now. The stuffs that Regalo gave me can be sold for at least 10000 gold on the NPC.
"When I told my friend about your story, they all laugh loudly and tell me to just sell these for a cheap price to you."
"Well okay then if they agreed for it. Anyway thanks for your help Regalo. It would take a while if I hunt them myself."
"Ah no problem. Anyway most players in Arandor are from Thailand and lots of us can't speak English. Pardon us if we didn’t respond properly."
"Naah don't worry about it. See you later then Regalo."
"Okay, byee..."

I walk to an empty place to summon my pets.

Meanwhile in the tomb of King Solaren’s entrance, a green haired girl put her daggers on a certain mage's neck...
"Hey Regalo, khuṇ thả tām thī̀ c̄hạn bxk khuṇ chı̀ mậy?" (Hey Regalo, you did as I told you right?)
"C-c-chı̀ Noire! P̄hm k̄hāy mạn s̄ảh̄rạb pī 2000 gold." (Y-y-yes Noire! I sold it for 2000 gold.)
" Thī̀ dī! C̄hạn pĕn h̄nī̂ k̄heā māk, C̄hạn ca ḳh̀ā khuṇ t̄ĥā khuṇ h̄lxklwng k̄heā!" (Good! I owe him a lot, I will kill you if you try to scam him.)
"Tæ̀ c̄hạn mị̀ dị̂ phyāyām thī̀ ca h̄lxklwng k̄heā, P̄hm ca k̄hāy dị̂ 5000 gold. Mạn pĕn rākhā t̄hūk phx Noire!" (But I was not trying to scam him, I was going to sell it for 5000 gold. It was cheap enough Noire!)
"Aaaah... Khwām s̄āmārt̄h nı kār phb kạb k̄heā xīk khrậng nı mị̀ cĥā nī̂. Nī̂ ca t̂xng pĕn chatā krrm..." (Aaaah... Being able to meet him again this soon. This must be fate...)
"Pheīyng khæ̀ pị læa phb k̄heā xyū̀ læ̂w!" (Just go and meet him already!)
"C̄hạn mị̀ s̄āmārt̄h! C̄hạn s̄ạỵỵā ẁā c̄hạn ca yĕb bāng s̄ìng bāng xỳāng s̄ảh̄rạb k̄heā, Læa k̆ yạng mị̀ s̄er̆c s̄în! (I can't! I promised I will sew something for him, and it's not finished yet!)
"... Haaah C̄hạn mị̀ k̄hêācı h̄ạwcı k̄hxng h̄ỵing s̄āw. (... Haaah I don't understand a maiden's heart.)

I have arrived in the mage association building. Let's meet the |Earth Magic| instructor in the first floor.

"Sir, I have brought the bull's horn."
"Ah, just put it on the table young man."
"There you go sir."
"Alright, now I will bestow you |Earth Magic| talent. Here's the |Earth Spike| spell book young man."
“Daram dam dam daaaam….”
[You have gained Earth Magic Talent]

"Thank you sir, I will use this wisely."

Alright, let's equip this talent right away.
"Dodondoooooooooon..."
[You have unlocked 'Avatar' title.]
A title? Ah! Now that I think about it, when I open my character menu there is an empty space under my name. It must be a place to put a title. Hmm what does this title do?
['Avatar' title is awarded to an adventurer that has learned to control fire, water, wind, and earth. Boost the effectiveness of the four elements by 10%.]
Is this a reverence to a popular animated series made by Nicke****on? It doesn't boost much but I'll equip it anyway, I don't have any other title after all.
Purta the Avatar!! Hmm it sounds pretty cool...
Now let's meet the next one.

I peeked around carefully before I entered her room. If I ruin her experiment again she might really send me to fight a demon lord! Oh she's relaxing in her couch. I can enter safely.
"Excuse me, I brought what you asked for."
"Oh you're the one that made my experiment goes boom boom..."
"... Yes I am... Here's the stuff you asked."
"Whoaa, you really brought them all. How can you gather them all this fast?"
"I got some assistance from another mage."
"Oh, well it doesn't matter. Errr... uhhmmm... I'm sorry I request too much from you. I'm going to give an extra spell book for your trouble okay."
"Really? Well thanks then young lady."
"My name is Malmia."
"Err... thanks Malmia. I'm Purta by the way."
"Alright, I bestow you |Dark Magic| talent! I'll give you |Dark Orb|, |Health Drain|, and |Mana Siphon| spell book."
"Whoaaa three spell book! You are so generous Malmia!"
"Huhunn I am generous! Now go away Purta! I'm going to continue my research."
"O-okay then, byee..."
Is she some kind of tsundere? Her mood swings are a bit too unpredictable.

I went to the spell book merchant and bought |Earth's Protection|, |Entangling Vine|, and |Mind Impulse| spell.
The earth buff increases defense and the dark one boosts magic power.
Entangling Vine| is an earth spell that creates some vine from the ground to ensnare the enemies. Of course I can't use them right now. I can't even use |Tailwind| which I got earlier.

Now what should I do? |Light Magic| talent can only be obtained in Selandrium, and it's far away from here.
Looking at the map, I could reach it in 6 hours by riding Darling assuming I didn't get ambushed by monsters or other players.
Travelling with a carriage will take a day! Darling is so reliable.

The |Light Magic| buff is |Holy Blessing|, and it boosts magic defense.
Now that I think about it, I don't really need it that much.
For Darling, the important part is attack power, speed, and defense. For Mary, it would be magic power, mana regen and speed.
I assume that the bird pirate is fighting by spamming wind magic from the air. Unlike Darling, Mary won't get hit easily since she's flying.
So, I already got all of the important buff.
Hmm... I guess I'll skip |Light Magic| for now.
It would be better to level Mary up. I want to see her adult form!
“Muhahahah!”

Alright, time to search for the next training ground. As usual, it has to contain at least 4 bosses, and located away from main cities.
Since I got Darling, I don't have to think about carriage hitchhike anymore, and since she's pretty strong now, I can pick an area with stronger monster.
I'm level 61 now, I guess I'll pick an area with a monster that is around level 60 - 70 range.
I don't think a normal player could take down a boss of equal level alone. But hey, I'm not alone. A beast master never fights alone...

Grumble grumble.... Ah I'm hungry. I mean, my real life self is hungry.
In Neo Eden Online, there is no satiety bar for players. Food acts just as a stat buff. The character won't starve but the player will!
Although I can taste the food, it doesn't make my tummy full. After all these amazing scientific progress, mankind still hasn't found a way to download pizza...
I logged out off the game and went down to the dining room. It's almost diner time.

"Almaaa, ada yang perlu dibantuin ga?" (Almaaa, is there anything I could help?)
My cousin is cooking right now. Aunty isn't home yet. She probably had some stuff to take care and will be late at home.
"Ga adaaaaa. Udah duduk aja sana. Kalo kak Putra bantuin masak biasanya jadi pada asem!" (Noooone. Just sit there. Every time big brother helps doing the cooking, the food would turn sour!)
Hey, Darling told me that my cooking was awesome you know... Or perhaps that's because of the |Cooking| talent.
I have tried my own cooking in real life and it does have a sour taste. Unlike me, Alma really does have a |Cooking| talent in real life.
Several minutes later, the food is ready.

"Saatnya makaaaan." (It's time to eaaaat.)
Munch munch munch...
"Kak, teman-teman Alma di sekolah pada main Neo Eden Online. Kak Putra main itu juga ya?" (Bro, my friends in school are playing Neo Eden Online. Did bro play that too?)
"Iya." (Yes)
I answered shortly since I'm still chewing some food.
"Bisa ajarin aku cara mainnya?" (Can you teach me how to play it?)
"Minta ijin dulu sama tante, baru nanti kak Putra ajarin." (Go ask aunty for permission then I'll teach you how to play.)
"Hooo okelah kalo begitu..." (Hooo alright then...)

I head back to my room after I finished eating.
Alma is interested in Neo Eden Online huh...
With her superior specs she would be a great player, but I'm worried about her school. Hah a college student who attends his class halfassedly is worried about his cousin's grade?!
Alma is a smart girl, she would be able to manage her schedule properly. If aunty permits it, I'll help her.

Now, let's look for a good training ground.
Unfortunately, there are no suitable places in Zerandil... Sigh...
Well the good thing is there is a good one in Wohlstand Empire. The area is called the Urzustan plain.
It is located south of Zerandil.
There are two dungeons which is dwelled by two bosses each, and there is one boss roaming the plain.
A five bosses area far away from the main city! Muhahahahahah! This is even better than Golmorian jungle.
Hmm but it's a bit tough... The first set would be difficult but after I understood the enemies pattern, it's going to be easier.
Mary is still at level 1 too. Once she turn into juvenile, she should have some magic spells, but right now I can't depend on her.

Hmm... Ah! Noire! I'll ask Noire to help me, with another player, I'll be able to do it.
Bangkok and Bandung is on the same time zone too, she’s probably still awake by now. I'll send a message to her in the game.

I got on the game and check my friend list.
Noire is online right now! Yaaaaaaaaaaay!
Alright I'll send her a message.
"Beeep."
A keyboard popped up in front of me. We can send a written message to someone else as long as we knew their name. To communicate verbally from distances away would require a certain item though.

*Hey Noire, It's me Purta, the one with a wolf companion. You remember me right? *
She replied immediately.
*Of course I remember you Purta. Thanks for your help in Golmorian Jungle! So are you just saying hi or do you need something else? :D*
*I'm going to do a boss hunt in Urzustan plain. It's in the Wohlstand territory. Do you mind coming with me? Just you alone of course. I still need to keep my pet as a secret.*
*Wawhgyfuwhkj*
*Uhhm, sorry? It's fine if you are busy though.*
*No, I'm not busy. I just fell and slammed the keyboard accidentally. Hahahaha. So... Are you there already? It's a bit far, so it's going to take a while for me to get there.*
*I'm still at Arandor right now.*
*But uumm, I haven't sew something for you yet. It's not like I ditched it. I train my |Tailor| talent diligently but it's not high leveled enough yet to make something impressive...*
*It's fine, you can give me that later. So, are you coming Noire?*
*YES! Absolutely! Even if I broke my leg, I will crawl to Urzustan plain! XD*
Noire... you better go to the hospital if you broke your leg...
*Yaaaaaaaay. Alright then. So where are you now? I'll pick you up so we can go together to Urzustan plain. Riding Darling together with me would be faster than hitchiking a carriage.*
*huiwhdihofikk*
*Did you fell again Noire? Are you okay?*
*Hahahaha yeah... I'm a bit clumsy today, don't worry. I'm close to Arandor. Should I meet you at the main square or at the southern gate?*
*The southern gate would be better. I'll prepare the food. What food do you like?*
*I like anything other than brocolli.*
*Hahaha, I also disliked brocolli you know.*
*Really? Hahahaha, we had similar taste. Hehehehehe. XD*
*Alright, I'll buy some ingredients and head to the south gate. See ya Noire.*
*I'll sprint immediately! *

Meanwhile, inside a dungeon near Arandor...
"Hey Regalo..."
"Mạn khụ̄x xarị?" (What is it?)
"K̄heā cheiỵ p̄hm deth..." (He invited me for a date...)
"Chnid k̄hxng bukhkhl thī̀ b̂ā ca k̄hx h̄ı̂ khuṇ deth Noire?"(What kind of crazy person would ask you for a date Noire?)
"Purta. Khır b̂āng thī̀... Khuṇ mị̀ pheīyng khæ̀ reīyk k̄heā ẁā b̂ā?" (Purta. Who else... Did you just call him crazy?)
The green haired elf girl took her poisoned throwing knife and aimed it at a mage named Regalo.
"Mị̀ mị̀ mị̀, khuṇ ca t̂x ngmīthæm mī̀ c̄hạn. Khuṇ ca næ̀cı ẁā k̄heā k̄hx h̄ı̂ khuṇ xxk mā? Khuṇ xāc ca k̄hêācı p̄hid khả phūd k̄hxng k̄heā." (No no no, you must have misheard me. Are you sure he asked you out? You may have misunderstood his word.)
"K̄heā t̄hām c̄hạn pị phb k̄heā xyū̀ khn deīyw. Reā ca pị xyū̀ thī̀h̄ịn s̄ạk h̄æ̀ng d̂wy kạn. K̆ næ̀nxn deth! (He asked me to meet him alone. We'll be going somewhere together. It's definitely a date!)
"Khn thī̀ mī khwām kl̂ā...” (That guy sure had guts...)
"Khuṇ mị̀ dị̂ phūd xarị bāng xỳāng?) (Did you say something?)
"Mị̀ mị̀ mị̀... Xeā l̀a c̄hạn ca h̄ı̂ bāng s̄̀wn k̄hxngpotionsk̄hxng c̄hạn." (No no no... Alright, I'll give you some of my potions.)
"Tæ̀ thảmị p̄hm ca t̂xng phkpotionsmāk ?"(But why would I need to carry so many potions?)
"Mạn ca s̄ædng h̄ı̂ k̄heā h̄ĕn ẁā khuṇ pĕn p̄hū̂h̄ỵing thī̀ pĕn xis̄ra! P̄hū̂chāy chxb thī̀ ca pkp̂xng s̄āw, tæ̀ k̆ mị̀ dị̂ h̄māykhwām ẁā p̄hū̂h̄ỵing phl s̄āmārt̄h pĕn p̣hāra. Kạb kxngpotionsnī̂ khuṇ ca dị̂ mị̀ t̂xng k̄hụ̂n xyū̀ kạb k̄heā." (It's to show him that you are an independent girl! Men like to protect girls, but it doesn't mean that a girl can arbitrarily be a burden. With this pile of potions you don't have to depend on him.)
"Uuuuhm okay. C̄hạn k̄hêācı... Khuṇ pĕn p̄hū̂chāy thī̀ dī doy mị̀ t̂xng c̄hạn?" (Uuuuhm okay. I got it... You guys fine without me?)
"C̄hạn ca cạdkār kạb mạn. Mị̀ t̂xng kạngwl keī̀yw kạb reụ̄̀xng nī̂." (I'll handle it. Don't worry about it.)
"K̄hxbkhuṇ Regalo. C̄hạn ca pị læ̂w." (Thanks Regalo. I'm going then.)
"K̄hx h̄ı̂ chokh dī Noire."(Good luck Noire.)
Then Noire sprinted as fast as she can... Some after image can be seen...

I bought more food supply since I had Mary now.
Noire is coming too though I don't know how long she will accompany me. I should've asked her how long she will assist me.
I'm going to spend 7 to 10 hours a day in Urzustan plain for two weeks.
I don't really know how much time Noire spends on Neo Eden Online, but telling her to assist me for two whole weeks would be an insolent thing to do! I'm not that impudent you know.
Alright, it's time to head to the south gate.

When I arrived, Noire was already there. She's leaning on the wall while tidying up her hair. She looks tomboyish. So a tomboy also tidy up her hair huh...
"Ah you're here Purta!"
She greeted me with an excited expression.
"Yup! How long have you been waiting?"
"I just got here a while ago. Hehehe."
"Are you ready Noire?"
"Yes! I stocked enough potions to last for a month! Gyahahahaha!"
"You don't really need to stock that much. I can use healing spell you know."
"My friend gave it to me. He said 'Men like to protect girls, but it doesn't mean that a girl can arbitrarily be a burden'. Yeah, something like that."
That man is right! Girls who can only act as a burden should just go away. Hohohoho.
"Well I'm the one who invited you so it's fine to depend on my healing."
"Okay then, I'll use the potions for emergency..."
"Alright, let's find some quiet place and summon Darling. Oh yeah, I got another pet. It's a bird named Mary. I'll introduce you later."
"You got another pet already? I-i-it's a female again? Are you sure Y-y-you're not into..."
"No, I'm definitely not into bestiality. It's not like I can pick the gender of my pet Noire."
"Oh... Hahahaha... I'm relieved... Anyway, is there any forbidden word I'm not supposed to say to Mary?"
"Hmmm not really. Just be sure to keep your valuable stuff in check. She really loves shiny stuff."
"Understood!"

Mary will turn into an adult after this series of grinding.
When Mary turned into an adult, I will ride her and soar high into the sky!
“Muhahahahah!”

Chapter 8 and 9 is about their grinding. It might be a bit boring, skim it if you want. XD

Chapter 8
Spoiler! :
Manticore's lair

"Summon Darling! Summon Mary!"
"Dudumdum duuruuuuum!"
{Master! What are we going to eat now? Eeeeh there is that green haired cookies girl!}
{ Who is this lass boss? Her dagger looks good. I can snatch it when she’s nah lookin'.}
"Uuuuhm hello, my name is Noire, nice to meet you Mary, and uhhm hi Darling, it's been a while."
"Alright, let's begin the tactical meeting. We are going to Urzustan Plain. It's an area with 5 bosses, 4 is inside the dungeon and the other one roam the plain. The monster is around level 65 to 70. Since Mary is still at level one, she will stay in my robe's pocket while leeching some experience."
"Kweeeeeeh..."
"It's going to be tougher than the Golmorian Jungle Darling, but Noire will lend us her help. Right Noire?"
"Yes! Absolutely! Anytime Purta!"
"Wooof woooof."
"Oh and uhmmm... You don't have to worry about the experience sharing Noire. The exp that is shared for the pets is taken from my share of exp. I have figured it out when we formed a party before. So the total exp will be divided in two. The first half is yours and the other half will be shared for me, Darling, and Mary. We won't slow your progress down Noire."
"Well I don't really mind it."
"Alright, I'll invite you to the party Noire."

“Dididiiiing!”
"I've accepted the party request."
I can see her level... She's 66 already! Well, she doesn't need to share her exp to pets, and she probably did a dungeon raid with a group of other Thai players. That is why she level up so fast.
"Alright, let's move!"

Noire and I rode Darling's back while Mary stays in my pocket as usual.
Noire somehow hugged me tighter than before... Uuugh she's going to squeeze my intestines! She does it while giggling "Ehehehehe" so I suppose she's pretty excited with this adventure.

It's going to take a while to take around one hour to each Urzustan plain so I suppose I could chat a bit. Too much silence is awkward...

"Hey Noire, I got some help before from a nice Thai players near Arandor before."
"Oh really? Is it a boy or a girl?"
"It's a male mage named Regalo. He gave me some quest items for a very cheap price!"
"... Oh... Hahahaha..."
"Do you know him Noire?"
"Uhhmmm... Yeah I know him. But it's not like we're dating or anything. He's just a childhood friend of mine."
"Errr... I didn't even ask such details..."
"Ah yeah. Ahahahahahaha, what am I saying..."
She's a bit weird today. Did she have a PMS? Well as long as she hunt properly, it's fine.

An hour later, we arrived at Urzustan plain.
"We're here. Let's see... The closest dungeon is the Manticore's Underground Lair. It's located east of here. I'll cook some food after we found the entrance okay?"
"Sure, no problem."
{Darling wants grilled meat Master.}
{Then today's menu is grilled beefs!}
"Wooooooof..."
Mary seems to be asleep in my pocket.

{Master there is a large hole on the ground.}
"Ah this is the entrance! I have seen it on the forum!"
"Eeeh... You have gathered the proper info before you asked me out... Hehehe as expected of the amazing Purta!"
"I don't think that's amazing though. Since the monster in this area is above my level, some information would definitely help me to survive. Anyway, I'll prepare the food. Darling, you can go and find some treasures."
{With pleasure master!}
"Woooooooooof!"
"Treasure? What treasure?"
Noire curiously asked.
"It's some delicious mushroom. Darling can sniff them. It's really delicious you know, you should try it."
"O-okay... A man who can cook is so awesome!"
Actually, in real life I can't cook anything other than instant noodles! Sorry to break your expectation Noire...

Few minutes later, Darling came back with dozens of treasures. Good girl...
Now I'm going to explain a bit about the dungeon while we ate the grilled meat.
"I'm going to give a brief explanation about the dungeon. Eeermm... Mary, please wake up."
I tap Mary’s body to wake her up. Birds are not supposed to sleep so soundly...
"Kweeeeeeeh..."
{Arrr we 'ave arrived… Yer pocket be so comfortable boss . I be fine wit' stayin' in sprog form jus' t' sleep here...}
Well I also don't mind, but I wanted to see your adult form too.
"Okay, I'll start. The dungeon has 3 floors. It is some kind of cave with rocky walls filled with earth manticore. They are the subspecies of manticore. Unlike the normal one, earth manticore can't fly. The common mobs is the female and baby manticore. The mid boss is at the 2nd floor. It's the earth manticore champion and it guards the passage to the 3rd floor. The main boss is at the end of the 3rd floor, it's the earth manticore lord. Their tail spike can inflict poison, but don't worry, I can cure it with my magic."
"Questions!"
Noire raised her hands.
"What is it Noire?"
"What do they look like?"
"They are like a giant lion with a creepy face."
"Darling will be the main tank. I will support her from the rear line. Noire, you strike them hard whenever you had the chance. Everyone, play it safe okay."
"Understood. That is my usual role in a party anyway. Hehehehe."
"Woooof!"
"Kweeeh kweeeeeh."
"Alright we move now."
I didn't give any instruction to Noire in Golmorian Jungle since it was easy, but this time is going to be a bit difficult.

The first floor is filled with mostly baby manticore. Occasionally there is some female manticore but they are not that many. The baby is around 1.5 meter tall.
Not long after we enter the dungeon, we found four baby manticores. Darling immediately go forward and face them head on.
"|Lotus Strike|."
While Darling is stalling four baby manticores, Noire sneaked to their back and stab them. It seems she got bonus damage when she strikes the back of her enemies. The baby manticore fell with one stab.
"|Wind Blast|"
I cast it on the other baby manticores and knock it back several meters.
Wind spell doesn't cause any status effect like other elements but it can knock enemies away farther than the others.
I continue to spam |Wind Blast| at the knocked manticore while Darling maul the other two. It doesn't take a minute to take them all down.
{ Boss, I leveled up! 'tis fast! Yohoho, 'twon't be long 'til ye see me amazin' adult body. Aaaah, I be goin' t' say goodbye t' this comfy pocket soon...}
{With this pace, perhaps you'll be back to your juvenile form today.}
{Yohohohoho...}

When a player form a party with another player with more than 10 levels gap, the one with the lower levels will suffer exp penalty. But it doesn't seem to be the case with pets!
My share of exp is shared equally between me, Darling, and Mary despite the level gaps. With this system, I can easily raise the level of my new pet. Muhahahahahah!
Since the monsters in this place are pretty strong, the experience is abundant. In a few days, Mary will transform into an adult bird I guess.
Anyway, Mary got 3 stats per level up just like Darling. I wonder if it is the same for every pet.

As we go further, two female manticores attack us. They are 2 meters tall with more developed bodies.
"Darling chaaaaarge!"
Darling rushes and charge at the two female manticores. One of them got knocked, but the other one managed to dodge and start running at me.
"|Mantis Chain Slice|"
Noire perform a combo attack with her daggers at the manticore's body. It manage to stop it's charge.
"|Wind Blast|!"
Then I proceed to knock it down with wind spell. When I noticed, the manticore's body is turning a bit purple...
"Noire, did you do something to the manticore? It's turning purple."
"Oh, I always smear my daggers with poison. I have told you before that I'm a poison user right?"
Ah yeah! She told me about that when we met before. I never saw it in action though since Darling slaughter all the bear and the poison is ineffective on undead mobs.
"Ah yeah, you certainly did. Anyway let's continue. Darling, you stall one of the manticore while Noire and I finish the other one."
"Woooof!"
"|Wind Blast|!"
"| Lotus Strike|!"
After several attacks, we kill one of the manticore.
"Alright, now let's help Darling."
Munch munch munch...
{Darling already killed this one master.}
Oh she can easily kill a female manticore. What am I worrying for...
"Alright, let's proceed."

After exploring for a while, finally we found the passage to the second floor.
Darling got hit with the poisonous tails several times but I cured her immediately. Noire is somehow immune to poison. Perhaps it's related to her talents.
"Be more careful folks, on the second floor there will be more female manticore."
"I'll lure them one by one if there are too many of them."
"I'll count on you Noire."
"Ehehehehe... He said he'll count on me... He's depending on me now... He can't live without me... Ehehehehe..."
"Did you say something Noire?"
"Ah no Purta, I'm just mumbling about a way to lure them efficiently. It's nothing important. Ahahahahahaha..."
"Alright, let's go."

We marched to the second floor with Darling leading the way.
{Master, Darling smells a huge amount of female manticore waiting right after this passage.}
{How many of them Darling?}
{More than enough to fill Darling's tummy.}
"Stop! We need to form a plan. Darling sense an ambush right after this passage to second floor. Fighting them in a vast space would be disadvantageous, so how about luring them to this narrow passage and finish them here?"
"Understood. I'll be the bait Purta."
"Be careful Noire. We'll be waiting in this spot."
Then Noire walk toward the second floor to lure the manticores. In less than one minute, she's back...
"Waaaaaaaaaaaaa......"
She's screaming while being chased by dozens of manticores...
"Holy poop..."

The passage is too narrow for a swarm of manticores, so they are crammed. A few seconds later, they are jammed with their own fellows. The narrow passage has stopped their advance... Muhahahahah, this will work!
"Alright, Darling give them a taste of your fantastic |Paw of Fury|!"
"Wooof!"
"|Wind Blast|!"
"|Heart Impale|!"
"Wooohoooo! These monsters gave a lot of experience Purta!"
"Yeaaaaah! And the best thing is, they are stuck and can't fight back! Muhahahahah!"

Several minutes later, the manticores were exterminated.
Most of the female manticore in the second floor is participating in the ambush. After they got slaughtered in the passage, only a few remains in the second floor.
It didn't take too long until we found the boss chamber.

"We're going to fight the first boss. It's the Earth Manticore Champion Velskar. It's 3 meters tall and has more muscle. I don't think Darling can stall this one. So we'll use hit and run tactics. Retreat and approach me if you got severely wounded."
Then I cast buff spells on everyone. Noire smeared more poison on her daggers.
"Are you ready?"
"Yes Purta."
{Darling's tummy is ready!}
{Boss, can I join th' battle? I got magic spell now ye know.}
Ah, she got |Air Cannon| and |Air Slicer| magic skills. Well, we could use some extra hands.
{Sure Mary, but stay close to me.}
{Yohoho! 'tis me combat debut.}
Mary got out of my pocket and perched at my shoulder.

"Alright, let's take Velskar down!"
We enter the chamber and see Velskar. He was sleeping...
Noire went to Velskar's back, while Darling is preparing her |Paw of Fury| right in Velskar's face. I'm standing far away from him with Mary.
"Noire, strike."
"|Crimson Demon Dance|"
She performs a combo attack that can cause bleeding to the enemies. Her poison stacks with bleeding too.
Noire, you merciless girl...

"|Ice Lance|!"
I cast |Ice Lance| first to slow Velskar's movement. Then I planned on using |Wind Blast| to disturb his attack. Wind spells tend to be faster and has a bigger chance to knock enemies. It's a good way to harass the enemies.
Darling and Mary also uses their skills on Velskar. Every time Mary used her magic, her green crystal glow bright.
"GROAAAAAAAAAAAR!!"
Velskar woke up and slam his tail to every direction.
"Guaaaaaahhhhh...."
The tail hit Noire and knock her several meters away.
"|Healing Splash|"
"Thanks Purta."
I continue to cast my spells.
"|Ice Lance|"
Boss has more resistant to status effect. Come on, get frosted already Velskar!
Velskar tried to do a sweeping attack at Darling, but Darling evaded it by jumping to Velskar's face. Hahahaha take that!
After more than ten |Ice Lance|, it finally caught frost status effect. It will be easier for a while.
With Velskar being slower, Darling and Noire strike it hard restlessly. They got hit a bit, but I heal them immediately.
Then once Velskar's hp went down by half, it roared once again and activates its rage mode. Some bosses have this rage mechanism where they become stronger and perform a new attack move.
Velskar tries to attack Noire with its large claw. Noire managed to dodge the first strike, but the second strike will hit her!

"|Wind Blast|"
I precisely aim the |Wind Blast| at Velskar's arm to divert his attack. I succeeded but I didn't shift it enough to save Noire.
Then I saw Mary shot her |Air Cannon|. She compressed the air inside her body, then shot it swiftly right at the manticore's arm joint. With just that low magic power, she managed to twist Velskar attack through precise aiming.
"That was astounding Mary!"
"Kweeeeeeh!"
Velskar then throw poisonous spikes from its tail at me and Mary!
"|Ice Shield|!"
Phew, sometimes I forgot I had this defensive spells.
Noire throw some knives, while Darling diverts Velskar's attention.
I drank several mana potions during this fight so I can still spam some magic spells.

After a while, Velskar seems to be exhausted... it's dying!
Darling jumped and use |Savage Claw| on Velskar's neck.
"Groaaaaaaaaarghhh..... Aaaaaghhh..."
Velskar writhed in pain and fell down...

"Aaaaah we won! We won Purta!"
"Haaaaagh yeaaah. I almost run out of mana..."
Oh yeah, the corpse!
{Mary, eat Velskar's corpse.}
I don't need to tell Darling since she already munched it.
{ But I be nah starvin' yet boss.}
{It will boost your stat a little. Just a bite will do Mary.}
{Hmmf... Fine then.}

Mary is at level 26 already. After the second dungeon, she will probably turn into a juvenile. Oh, my |Wind Magic| talent is at level 20 now!
"Hey I can use, |Tailwind| now. I can buff our speed!"
"Woooow that's useful! I and Darling depend a lot on speed you know."
"You girls are going to move faster from now on."

After resting for five minutes, we head to the third floor.
There won't be any baby manticores there. Just the female one and the main boss, the Earth Manticore King Hulskar.
I cast buff spells before we enter the third floor.
With |Tailwind| on, Darling and Noire easily defeat the female manticores.
"Wooohooooo, you should have taken the |Wind Magic| earlier Purta. It helps speedy fighters a lot!"
"Wooof wooof!"
Darling barks as an expression of agreement. |Tailwind| really bolster speed oriented fighters by a huge margin huh...
Anyway I casted |Tailwind| on myself too, but it doesn't affect me much.
In less than 10 minutes, the manticores on the third floor are wiped.
There is a huge chamber with a menacing aura... This must be Hulskar's lair.
I recast my buffs and proceed...

In the middle of the room a manticore with long mane and slightly bigger body than Velskar is rolling around while munching catnip...

"Pfffttt... Look Noire, it's eating catnip..."
"I-i-is this really the king? Are we in the right room?"
Hey can it be tamed? Is this some kind of special characteristics?
Hmm... no, there is also some catnip plant in Velskar's room. Every manticore probably loves catnip.

"GROOOOOOOOOWWWWRRRR!"
The king seems to notice our presence and start roaring. Then he started charging toward us.
Noire dodged to the right while Darling dodged to the left. Mary clings to me and I cling to Darling. If I cling on Noire, I might've touched some inappropriate places.
"With |Tailwind| on, a rash attack like this would never hit me! Gyahahaha!"
Noire laugh while flinging some knives. It's probably poisoned. No, it MUST be poisoned!
I cast |Ice Lance| and create as many lances as I could. With more hits, the chance to inflict frost is higher.
"|Ice Lance|"
Soon, Hulskar's body turned blue. Eh? I scored a lucky hit! I inflict frost on it with just one cast of |Ice Lance|! Muhahahahah!
I had to cast it more than ten times to inflict frost on Velskar! Damn you Velskar, go eat some catnip and chill a bit!

"Wooooof!"
Darling performed |Savage Claw| on Hulskar's butt, dodged a tail slam, and then charge again using |Paw of Fury|. She's daaaamn fast just like Noire.
Mary uses her |Air Slicer| and aims it at Hulskar eyes. She didn't cause much damage, but I bet it annoy Hulskar so much. Muhahahahahah!

Fire, wind, and dark element buff depend on my INT while water, earth, and light element buff depend on my WIS. I balanced both of the stats, so while none of them is particularly outstanding, all of my buff is at least decent. I wanted to spam |Earth Magic| spells so I could cast |Earth's Protection|, but what I fought is an earth manticore, they resist earth spells. So, I'll grind my |Dark Magic| for a while. Casting a magic to a boss gives bigger exp to the corresponding talent, so it is a good opportunity for me.

"|Dark Orb|!"
I created five black orbs and send it to Hulskar. It creates some black explosion when it hits the targets.
Hulskar look at me and prepare to charge at me, but Darling pounced his face, and Noire jumped and stabbed his head.
Compared to the fight with Velskar, this one is easier. |Tailwind| really gives our party a significant advantage.
Soon enough, Hulskar had only half of his hp and went on rage mode. But not even its his mode pose a threat to Noire and Darling.
It is dangerous for me though, that is why I stand very faaaaaaaar away from Hulskar. Frontline combat is not my stuff you know... It's not like I'm a coward you know... No no no, my legs is not trembling!

{Master, Darling is as swift as the wind now. This mollychore is too weak, let's go find a dragon.}
{It's manticore Darling... Don't worry we'll find a dragon someday. Just be patient Darling.}

I cast |Dark Orb| continuously. After a while, I managed to inflict curse debuff on Hulskar.
Curse decrease opponent's stat by 20% for several minutes. Every magic talent has their own characteristics, fire cause burning, the ice part of water talent cause frost and freezing, earth magic can ensnare and bleed the opponent, wind tend to knockback enemies, light magic inflict blind, and dark magic gives curse.

"|Death Blossom|!"
This is probably Noire's strongest move at the moment.
She stabs both of her daggers at Hulskar's back repeatedly in a very fast manner. Lots of blood were scattered and formed a pattern that looked like a blossoming flower. It matches its names, beautiful but deadly. Flower of blood that would blossom along with the opponent's death.
"Phew... My |Death Blossom| finished it."
"Nice move Noire. It was very beautiful."
"Ehehehehe... He said I'm beautiful... Ehehehe..."
"Noire are you okay? Your face is a bit red. |Healing Splash|! Do you feel better now?"
"Ah yes, uuuhm I'm okay! I'm perfectly healthy! Ahahahahah! Anyway, you are really awesome Purta. Usually we need a five man group to finish a dungeon like this. I can't believe we succeeded with just two players. Your pet is really something."
"Hahaha, thanks Noire. We wouldn't make it without your firepower."
"Ehehehehe..."
Noire giggled a lot today. She's probably in a good mood. Did she win a lottery or something?

Darling and Mary is already eating Hulskar's corpse. Aaah good! Mary got used to it already.
Noire and I pick the loots while my pets ate. We decided to share the loot equally.

"Okay, the Underground Manticore's Lair has been conquered!"
"Clap clap clap...."
"Awooooooooo..."
Me and Noire clapped, and Darling howled.
{Boss can I 'ave that big shiny precious gem ye jus' picked?}
{Oh you mean this yellow earth crystal? Sure, but where would you put it? You don’t seem to have a pocket or some satchel Mary.}
{… … Now that ye told me… Hmm… I will let boss carry it for a while. When we be at th' city, rent a storage fer me boss.}
{Oh okay. No problem Mary.}

Okay the next dungeon…
"The next dungeon is the Red Goblin's Den. It is located in the south west part of Urzustan plain. We will fight The Red Goblin Commander Jaxbazil, and The Red Goblin Lord Zotekin. Well, with |Tailwind| on, I don't think we will have a problem with this one. Is there any question?"

"Wooooof!"
"Yes Darling?"
{When will we eat the mushroom Darling had found master?}
{Oh, I'll cook it before we enter the goblin's den.}
{Yaaaaaaaaay!}
"Alright let's go. We're going to ride Darling with |Tailwind| on. "
"Woooof!"

We rode Darling and head to the Goblin’s den.

Return to “Creative works”