OLN: Fake Hero

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

WaifusAndSyrup
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Psycome. (I'm sure this will change when I get around to reading more L.N's I don't have in my possession. :P)

OLN: Fake Hero

Post by WaifusAndSyrup »

Genre:
Action, Tragedy, Psychological, Drama, Super Power

Story Synopsis:
After a catastrophic event threatens humanity and resets society as we know it, the people left to pick up what remains no longer have any memory of the previous world.
Laurence is a person born into this world and it's unforgiving nature, where people kill to stay alive.
Like the others, he also kills to survive, but little does he know that he will come to change the world and the people around him.
This is the story of how a fake hero was born, from one man's frustration at the world surrounding him.

(Viewer discretion is advised due to strong language)

Story by WaifusAndSyrup
Illustrations by lordless <DA Page>

Fake Hero:
Volume 1; The Needlessly Long Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Epilogue

Wattpad Version

Volume 2; Fight of the Valkyries
Sypnosis;
Spoiler! :
Laurence and Thomas are visited by Birdy and her sister, Ruri, who finds them thanks to Yuna's spirit. She then informs them about the truth behind the braces Laurence uses as well as some details pertaining to Yuna's death and the feeling of 'wrongness' in the air. Meanwhile, Hana of the Valkyries seeks to recruit Phoenix (Laurence) to combat the chosen's plans for mass genocide... with mass genocide of the chosen! Unexpected revelations, allies and danger await in this new volume!
Intro
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Outro

Wattpad Version

Volume 3; A hero always shows up at the last moment...
Synopsis;
Spoiler! :
With Laurence and Lucy missing and Thomas and Ruri kidnapped, the unlikely duo of Birdy and Bug are left to figure out what happened. Can the powerless normals save them from the chosen? Also, Lucy wakes up alongside Thomas and Ruri, captives of a group separate from the chosen... ones who are planning to rebel from within the group! With tensions mounting to their breaking point and seemingly no way to prevent the chosen from starting a massacre among themselves and the normals, is there any way to prevent the worst from happening, despite me saying that there seemed to be no way previously in this synopsis??? Find out in a volume where Laurence is missing altogether...!?
And so I ran
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Feedback is appreciated! Thank you very much~
Last edited by WaifusAndSyrup on Tue May 30, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 25 times in total.
WaifusAndSyrup
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Psycome. (I'm sure this will change when I get around to reading more L.N's I don't have in my possession. :P)

Re: OLN: Fake Hero

Post by WaifusAndSyrup »

Chapter 2 is now available.
WaifusAndSyrup
Mikuru's Master

Post by WaifusAndSyrup »

Chapter 1 now has an awesome illustration by lordless. Check it out!
WaifusAndSyrup
Mikuru's Master

Post by WaifusAndSyrup »

Chapter 3 is now available!

Also, I'm currently looking for an editor to help me with the story. If you have any interest, simply send me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thank you and have a wonderful day~
WaifusAndSyrup
Mikuru's Master

Post by WaifusAndSyrup »

Chapter 4 is now up, meaning Vol 1 is almost complete!
WaifusAndSyrup
Mikuru's Master

Post by WaifusAndSyrup »

The Epilogue for Vol 1 is up with a new illustration from the awesome lordless!
WaifusAndSyrup
Mikuru's Master

Post by WaifusAndSyrup »

PLEASE READ!
The introduction and synopsis for Volume 2 is up!

Other than that, I am still looking for someone to go over my work and edit it. I tried to get my illustrator to do it but... he gets way too dizzy when reading so it was a no go. (>_<) I am going over it myself, but there are somethings that I'm sure I miss easily, so if you want to read my chapters before anyone else, then nows your chance! Simply pm me and I'll get back to you as soon as I see it.

One last note, about my illustrator; he's been swamped with a ton of work recently so there won't be any new illustrations for a bit. The next scene to get illustrated was going to be a scene in Chapter 3 of the first volume, followed by a illustration for the front 'page', but that won't happen until he has some free time. I hope you guys understand.

Last but not least, don't forget to comment and tell your friends about my story if you enjoyed it! Hope you have a wonderful holiday season~
WaifusAndSyrup
Mikuru's Master

Post by WaifusAndSyrup »

Chapter 5 (Chapter 1 of Volume 2) is now up!

Ooooo, what will happen next!? But anyways, I think lordless will be back to drawing for me in no time. Get ready for a cover image soon! :o

Also, I'd like to officially start a movement to nag the admins to put this on the Baka-tsuki webpage! It's easy, just spam the admin/mod's inboxes and get them to hate all of your guts, then, when I send them a nice e-mail among all the spam, they will be touched and give me the spot on the site! Muhahahaha.... Oh, and you might get your accounts banned, but hey, at least one of us (the only one who matters) will be happy. :3

....Seriously though, don't spam their inbox. That's not cool. :/

Anyways, my new years resolution is to get Fake Hero onto the main site. Then maybe I'll send some of the volumes to Yen Press after re-editing them to their absolute best. Yeah... That's pretty much my plan.

Oh, and some love-filled comments would be nice!~

...I swear I'm not self-centered and shallow. T_T

'till next time~
WaifusAndSyrup
Mikuru's Master

Post by WaifusAndSyrup »

Chapter 6 is now up and available for reading!

Thanks for waiting, here's the latest chapter where things get a little more interesting. I wanted to get it out earlier, but I was going through some big changes in my life, such as finding a new place to live and managing my budget, finding a job, ect,ect.

I'm pretty proud of how this one turned out, even if it didn't reach my 10'000 word quota for words (like most of my other chapters). But I knew that there was only one way to end the chapter.

With that said, leave a comment telling me what you think of Fake Hero so far and pester lordless to make more art. (Just kidding.... that's my job. >_>)

Have a wonderful day/afternoon/evening.
WaifusAndSyrup
Mikuru's Master

Post by WaifusAndSyrup »

Chpater 7 is up!

Okay, so a few things; My writing schedule has taken a hit because I've moved out away from my family and have been dealing with new things such as roomates, rent, buying food for myself, reevaluating what's important... ect.

It's going to be hard to get back to a good pace when it comes to writing, but I've done quite a bit this past week, so here's hoping.

...Oh, and the cover for volume one had a rough sketch made. It was amazing :o

I can't show it just yet, but I can promise it'll be good.

Anyways, that's what's been going on and I hope you'll be patient as I try to get a good thing going here.
WaifusAndSyrup
Mikuru's Master

Post by WaifusAndSyrup »

The longest chapter yet, Chapter 8, is up!

I was surprised with how long it took, but now that it's done, we're nearing the end of the second volume.

The cover for volume one is coming along nicely, and although I said 'expect it soon' I may or may not have been responsible for pushing back the date, as it kept getting edited to my preferences. (Sorry! >_<)

I won't say it's coming out soon, as that will only jinx it.

As usual, leave a comment letting me know what you think of the story so far and don't forget to GIVE ME MONEY 0_o

I kid, of course. Have a nice day/afternoon/evening!
WaifusAndSyrup
Mikuru's Master

Post by WaifusAndSyrup »

And now the shortest chapter, Chapter 9, is up!

I'm getting closer and closer to the conclusion of the second volume... And things are getting more frantic in the story now. >_<

And the cover is getting closer and closer to completion as well.

With any luck, both will be done before I go to Anirevo. I won't make promises though, as I am lazy. :mrgreen:
WaifusAndSyrup
Mikuru's Master

Post by WaifusAndSyrup »

The cover for volume one is ouuuuuuuuuutttt!!!!!

Once again, thank you to lordless as always!
WaifusAndSyrup
Mikuru's Master

Post by WaifusAndSyrup »

C-can such a thing be possible!?

Is this the fabled, two chapters at the same time!?

A-and, whats this!? The second volume is finished!?

Truly, I must be in top form! (...If I didn't take half a year to finish the second volume)

At any rate, things are finally getting exciting since the danger levels are absurdly high now! Next volume is going to have more character focus, however.

...Hm? My favorite character?

Rem, obviously.

...Hm? You mean from my light novel? That's a secret~

Stay tuned for the next volume, where things will either make more sense, or get even more confusing! One of the two...
WaifusAndSyrup
Mikuru's Master

Post by WaifusAndSyrup »

Nothing can stop me now, muahahahaha!

Now that I have released not only the ending to the second volume, but the intro and synopsis to the third one as well, the world is basically mine!

...Ahem, I guess my character has been getting out of hand lately.

Where did this idiot come from? Wasn't I the serious, optimistic type?

...Ah, well, sorry about that.

We're not perfect.

Return to “Creative works”