SAO Fanfic -The Lancer

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

DOL
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

SAO Fanfic -The Lancer

Post by DOL »

I decided to make a fanfic hope youll enjoy ♥
Spoiler! :
1 st floor: Bossroom
The Koboldlord Illfang just roared his last cry as the dots on his Healthbar dissappeared.
Silence filled the room but soon one cried out in joy.
" Hurray , weve beat him!" came the happy sounding voice behind me.
Instantly cheers erupted everywhere only one person was left sitting down.
" Why did you let Diabel die , you... you BEATER" did the sitting person say towards the player who got the last hit.
Beater ... The existence between cheater and beater more capable then both of them put together.
This person dressed in a midnight cloak just left after ridiculing us ....
That was the moment i swore to overtake him ... i could say that this decision made in my mind was because of anger , hatred or revenge but nothing so glamorous or self rightesnouss came to mind.
PRIDE - was the reason why i made up my mind.
Sure i felt a little anger towards him , but i wanted to stand there , like he did , and be better then anyone else.
The 2nd floor opened and my determination took flight.
After i arrived in the new town i was organizing through my Inventory and saw sth unusal.
A Weapon - Moon Piercer.
Using my left hand and pulling it in the filled spot of my already Equipped Sword the sword went back to my inventory.
Arriving in mid air was a Spear.
Looking at my Inventory again i saw this item was very unusual.
There were different kind of items in this Game.
C = Common , U = Uncommon , R = Rare , E = Epic and L = Legendary.
This item was Epic as the little E besides its name implied.
Thinking about my skills i only trained 1h swords and my skill points were at 89/1000 at this moment.
0/1000 Polearm use...
" Im leaving the Party for a while" did i declare my comrads which were looking at me curiously.
Turning my back to them i left and went for the Teleporter located at the market district in the middle of the 2nd floor town.
" Town of beginnings!" did i shout in a loud voice.
With this i went for training to get my Polearm skill up as fast as i could to breach the gap between the beater and me.

74th floor :
Seeing Kirito , my self sworn archnemesis and asuna << The Flash >> entering the Dungeon i was filled with anger once again.
Ever since the 2nd floor got cleared and the players neglected the area quests and went directly for the Dungeon i used the mapping Data available to everyone to explore the yet unexplored regions of the Dungeons.
Opening another treasure chest in a room almost at the entrance i got another Rare item.
- Sigh - no weapon can still keep up to << Moon Piercer >>.
Surely it looked like a Lance but it was something different.
Holding it by its handle the balancing was good.
That was one reason this wasnt a normal Spear.
The other reason was ...
" - Alarm - - Alarm - - Alarm -..." the warning sign appeared and the room got sealed off.
Polygons started to appear around me and formed enemys.
Lizardlords about 20 of them.
" Another non-crystal trap ey?" was my assesment after trying to activate my teleportcrystal.
The room was died in red again i wasnt one bit worried.
Most likely except for Heathcliff the owner of the Legendary Skill or Kirito the beater and me everyone would get worried.
My Level exceeded everyone else fighting in the dungeons at the frontlines.
About 12 levels ahead of a few friends i used to play with alot and these friends still kept contact with me.
After the 1st floor got cleared i went soloplaying training in the Dungeon of the first floor.
Almost dying a few times i got my 100/1000 Polearm skill up very quickly.
After the 100 a new skill appeared in my Skills.
<Spear skills> just a more advanced type of skill.
Cutting my sleep and eating hours to a minimum i leveled for about 19 hours a day.
As i explored the unmapped regions i even went farther.
Not returning to a town but sleeping in a Safezone inside the dungeons.
Picking up every respawn there was i quickly rose , the single player benefit helped alot too.
Surely it was hard to fight single player style as u had to outsmart the everlearning Algorithms of the Enemys but it was possible.
When i hit 750/1000 <<Spear skills>> another Skill appeared.
<< Phalanx skills >> another uncommon skill but everyone could get it at 750/1000 spearskills.
This changed my attackpatterns completly.
While the Spear or Polearm skills were layed out at slashing or thrusting attacks in a high succesion as 4 to 12 hit combos , Phalanx skills required a set posture , unmoving and unyielding.
Simply it froze my movements in place.
To Input the Motions one had to kneel with one foot.
Mostly red light enveloped the Spear and a crushing blow was dealt in 1 most 3 attacks.
With high succesion attacks i made the Lizardlords infront of me Vanish one after another.
As there were only 8 left they learned my patterns.
This was the time i switched.
Kneeling down there was a slight lag while my spear got enveloped in red light.
- Zoom- instantly i let out a Thrusting attack while using a Phalanx skill.
2 Lizardlords dissappeared in uncountable numbers of Polygons.
I grinned with satisfaction.
- Zoom - blue light enveloped the Spear.
Letting it charge up the other 6 approached.
" Phalanx skill << Axis thrust >> " did i shout in a high pitched tone filled with excitment.
Even though i was in a croched position my body got dragged along with the spear.
First thrusting into 2 enemys , their bodys dissapperaing with a breaking sound and the usual polygons, my body came slithering to a halt.
But they glow didnt feint.
Imediatly getting dragged along again another striking Attack was released i sped through 2 more.
Then another speeding up came.
2 more vanished.
Then a window appeared telling me how much col xp and what items they dropped.
" - Ding Ding-" was a sound i heared.
This was the usual sound i heared when leveling up.
85 reached.
6 new stat points aquired.
For spear users it was normally to spend the 5 points like this:
- 2 strength
- 2 agility
- 2 hitpoints
But i didnt like the way it was distributed.
I changed the distribution ever since i reached lvl 8.
Especially since i used a Sword and shield play before.
- 7 Strength
- 4 agility
- 1 hitpoint
for every two levels.
My << Moon Piercer >> was actually almost a ranged weapon with its 2,5 meters length so i didnt mind to watch out for my hitpoints rather criticizingly.
So alot of Col was used for Health crystals or food to replenish Hp.
Then i heared the notice which i didnt want to hear.
" Floor 74 cleared , Floor 74 cleared." did a monotonious voice resound throughout the total Aincrad region.

Defeating another few swarms of Lizardlords or Skullraiders a Skeleton like Enemy with a Axt i decided to stay at a Inn.
I was sore from lying on the ground for 2 months straight , sleeping in safe zones or the like.
Some would say it was dangerous to sleep in safe zones , but cmon what player at the Frontlines would abuse eachother or even worse Kill them.
Especially since i used unmapped safezones as a base.
Walking through the area only illuminated by the moon i even hummed a little tone.
The Dark green grassland enveloping around me made me a little cheerfull.
Cmon i havent left this dungeon for 2 weeks.
Only able to see the outside of a Dungeon , so to speak the landly scenery of Aincrad , while wandering from the Dungeon to a teleporter , next floor to dungeon again and again.
I flipped my Hand through the air infront of me.
A screen pooped up.
Pressing the friends list button i decided to make a call towards a friend.
She answered the call immediatly.
" You BLOCKHEAD , you werent receiving any calls until now and you nonchalantly call me out of the BLUE" did i hear a angered voice , the girl i contacted , raising a fuss.
" Oh forgot to unmute calls from friends since i entered the Floor 74 dungeon."
There was a Call block in SAO , if one clicked it it made sure no call window would suddendly pop up while fighting for example , but it seemed like i havent shut it down since i entered Floor 74 .
Hehe - poke shes going to be bad tempered every time i see her from now on ....
" What kind of airhead are you anyways are you playing with your life?!"
Couldnt deny that one did i think while making a face similar to :/.
" Okay , Okay Tinka im sorry okay but could you get my equip checked up and the new items praised , plz?" did i say towards the window.
" Am i your MAID or sth do it yourself!" Tinka said with an even angrier tone.
" Cmon Tinka i wanna sleep in a bed , havent been able to for ages .... cmon" did i say with a pleading tone.
" ... Town of beginnings the usual guild Tavern." Tinka replied with still a little bit of resentment in her tone.
Chpt 2
Spoiler! :
1st Floor: Town of beginnings.
Still wearing my Green black Armor and my Spear strapped on my back i appeared in the Gate.
Humming a tune i remembered from the other side i was happy.
Got some good drops , a new level and NOW i would join the fronlines again.
Even Tinka was waiting for me for a drink or 2.
The usual crowded place was now barren due to the late hour.
It was 1 am in the morning.
Even though this town was bare of Human life a depressed feeling was almost graspeable.
This sent shivers down my spine and wouldnt let me relax.
Arriving at a brightly illuminated Store i entered through the doors.
Torches brimming in the corners , wooden tables and chairs arranged as sets covered the area and a Oaken counter was set clear in view.
This was a typical Medieval Tavern or Inn from Europe , at least that was my impression of it.
5 figures sat around one Table leaving only one chair open.
All of them wore Green and Black robes signifying them as members of << The Army >> the guild which had its hq at this town.
" Yo guys , the Floor 74 got cleared today did you hear" did i say while going towards them.
They all looked up and had a kind of resignation in their eyes.
" Wooohhh , why do you guys have those looks about ya?"
Tinka answered me first , she was a girl with long straight black hair cutted neatly in a single row at her forehead also black eyes this made her looks equivalent to a Nadeshiko of Japan.
" Vickal ... Cobaltz died today fighting the boss...." Tinka said with tears in her eyes.
As the message reached my brain my legs gave way under me.
Crouching at the floor my shoulders slumped making me go limp.
Cobaltz was a Lieutenant in the Guild The army which i was also a part off.
" Why ... How ... Who gave the orders that they shall go without me!" did i shout out my pain.
" Vickal , stay calm , we know he was your RL friend and Ingame pal as well but ..." did another one of these guys at the table say.
" WHO GOD DAMNIT!"
" Vickal ...." did the Guildleader this time say.
" LEAVE , i dont want to see any one of you." was my chilly voice reaching them.
The got up and left.
I went over to the counter and order a Meal which was sold her.
Also a bottle of the strongest liquor they had in store.

After 2 bottles were empty and a meal in my stomach i was drunk.
Normally a drunken state would only make you run weird or fuzzy out the things which you saw.
But as i passed the age of 21 a few days ago the Alcohol had the usual drunk effects.
Not being able to concentrate and talk gibberish.
With this i went for the house which i owned in this town.
Crying into the night with tears running down my cheek i staggled towards my house.
Thinking about Cobaltz - or Dave Tisdale as i knew him i cried the whole way.
Opening the door i immediatly let myself fall down in a living room chair.
Being exhausted drunk and tired my eyes closed and i slept in.

* Knock Knock* could be heared hammering in my head.
* KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK * did the even fiercer sound reach my ears.
Realizing where i am i scratched my belly.
Standing up and walking to the door i opened it.
" Good morning Tinka." did i let out while yawning.
" ... " she remained silent.
I turned around and went for the kitchen leaving the door opened.
Hearing a clicking sound from the door i knew she entered.
Manipulating my inventory i made a few << Guano Beans >> appear.
Clicking on them as they sat on the table powder appeared.
Pouring water with another click over them before i put them in 2 cups , a brown blakisch liquid appeared.
Coffee it had the same taste and the same thickness.
Normal people wouldnt know about this but with my meager 120/1000 cooking skill i found it while grinding these Beans.
Literally these beans were remains of Batmonsters... acutally THEIR leftovers .... u get the meaning right?
Handing her one cup i sat back into the living room chair.
Stumbling over with her face downcast she immediatly sat on my lap.
The Window for inappopriate Etikets appeared in my field of vision.
I pressed X and declined the message.
Tinka always did sth like this if there was bad news for me.
" So what kind of Message do you have from the upper brass?" did i ask her nonchalantly.
" ... with cobaltz the leader of the Freeing Division of the Army died... they are unwilling to fight without a leader... no one wants to take that place ... Vickal could you?"did she say with an almost inaudible voice .
I was surprised at the weak voice even as she was sitting right infront of me on my Lap.
" Under one condition."
" Which one?" did a voice filled with a tad of hope reach me.
" You are still a member of that division correct?"
" Yes i am , so is that your condition?" she was clearly puzzled.
" Surely not , i want to go on a date with you!"
" ..." silence
" ..." silence from me.
" HAHAHAHA" did erupt from both of our mouths at the same time.
" Ill say it like the last 100 times you asked. When you get stronger then me then i will. " was her rather cold remark reaching me.
I nodded and she went to the Guildhall to tell them about my decision.

Floor 75 Dungeon.
Clad in the usual black Armor but without a Helmet now my red hair flowed down onto my shoulders.
The green eyes which everyone described as piercing was evaluating the 11 men infront of me now.
All of them were part of the Army and i the Officer of this bunch was also part of it.
Everyone of them wore the Greenarmor and Greenhelmet so only their heightdifference was the thing i could keep them from one another.
Tinka was one of them and it wasnt hard to guess which one.
The smallest with her 1,50 m was really short and cute.
Underneath that helmet was her cute face hidden and those beautifull black eyes...
My thoughts strayed so i shook my head to clear me of any unnecassary thoughts.
" With this i will act as the Commander. Some of you may still know me before i went solo playing. I was part of the Army as it was formed 1 week after the game. Even part of the group clearing the first boss. If any got objections tell me now." were the words coming from me in a commanding voice.
Nobody spoke up and so the 6 shield and sword users infront of me and the 5 Polearm users turned on their heels to walk towards the first enemy.
" STOP , nobody told you to turn around yet . Cobaltz was my friend but i knew he was strict. Maybe to strict. BUT i am not him. So with this , MY leadership , i will sacrifice everything i have be it my money , resources or life to make sure everyone will survive this GAME OF DEATH called SAO. Now to come to the part which you will all like ..." manipulating the window infront of me several high grade weapons , Armor and shields dropped to the floor." Tinka , step forward her this Armor this shield and this Mace are for you , high grade items from the last Floor. Next is ...."
Calling them one after another everyone had new equipment.
This was the purpose i only sold stuff which was way outdated.
Keeping every piece of equipment on me i equipped everyone of them with a new set taking their levels and Skills in consideration.
This boosted our attack force incredibly.
After they were still struck with awe i gave everyone of them a green colour item.
With this they attached the colour to the new armor making them appear like the Army again.
" NOW we will commence battle shaking the Frontlines from the First floor , then we are ..." did i start .
Before i could finish the all cheered and ended my speech before i could.
" The Freeing Division of << THE ARMY >>."

" Group b switch with a , group c swithc with b ..." did i give clear commands.
I made groups of 2 each having 6 groups.
Tinka was standing with me in the back.
Giving commands was my purpose , as well as evaluating the situation.
Checking the screen it was 12,30 and the men started to look exhausted.
Beating five more Skeletonhighlords we neared a safezone.
" It is now 12,45 a little late for Lunch but for now lets rest. Im not a grandious cook but i made a few sandwiches with simple bread. " did i say dropping the commanding voice.
" OOOHHHHH" was a cheerfull cry hearable.
Everyone ate their meales and i looked at the mapping data i already made.
Thinking about some things i decided to test their strengths to the extreme.
" Listen , i will now commence a miniboss test with you. Most likely nobody has heard of a Miniboss yet in all the past floors BUT thats just because i defeated them before anybody could find out. No miniboss had a anti crystal area yet and i dont think this will happen so you wont die. The minibosses arent strong like the Bosses themselves. Are you okay with that you guys?" did the commanding voice return.
With slight hesiation and a few persuasive words from me they agreed.

Turning a few times i read the mapping data correctly.
Exploring the last 20% of everymapping data there was i found a pattern where the Minibosses were located on each Floor.
The Drops were worth a try , always.
Now we saw a Heavy looking Oak door.
Easy for all 12 of us to enter at the same time.
The boss door and the minibosses door were different in the matter that the gold lining was missing on this door.
So with this i hadnt made a mistake.
Sighing out in relieve i advanced towards the door and for the first time equipped my << Moon Piercer >>.
Grinning while holding my Weapon i remembered Kirito the <<Two Sword skill >>user and my Rival should be battling the only other known Legendary Skill user heathcliff of << Holy Sword >> and the guildmaster of COB a rival guild of ours.
Pushing the door open a black room was layn out infront of us.
The door closed behind us after we entered.
Cutting us off of the quickest escape route.
My members got nervous , manipulating the screen again i procured up a Healthcrystall.
Pressing it onto my Body it shattered.
" The Crystal worked so keep your Teleport crystal in reach, with this we go to a glorious battle without casualties!!!" did i let out a warcry and everyone charged with me.
Directly flames illuminated the surroundings showing a round room filled with red flames hovering in mid air , which were the source of Illumination.
Red eyes were looking at us.
Those eyes belonged to a Dog with three heads.
But as if that wasnt enough this Dog was only made from Bones.
Its name was << 3 Skullcerberus >>.
Letting out a ferocious bark it started charging at us.
" Group A , C and E commence combat B , D and F prepare to switch!" were my commands.
They immediatly took action.
A C and E were made from the 6 Shield users.
The rest were Spear users.
Switching in between occupying it and striking it we headed towards battle to finally free ourselves off this DEATH GAME.
Chpt 3
Spoiler! :
Blocking off with their Shields Group A , C and E did a good job.
Striking their weapons , with different coloured shines to them , upwards it seemed like every head got a slight concussion as it bent their ways upward.
Immediatly i heard 5 voices shout " SWITCH".
The Finishers went in.
Blue shine emitted from every Halberd and the 5 voices shouted" <<Crippling strikes>>"
<<Crippling strikes>> was a high end Technik in Polearm use.
6 Consecutitaive strikes got unleashed from 5 people flying towards the boss.
1 Bar instantly dissolved leaving only 6 behind.
" Switch " came more shouts as the blockers covered the Finishers.
This continiued a few times but as the last bar went into red something strange happend.
The Cerberus infront of us barked at the same time with all 3 heads.
Everyone covered their ears with their hands , none of them could stand the terrible noise.
2 Kept barking taking turns and another one started to bite a player.
As i was already half kneeling the blue familiar shine emitted from my << Moon Piercer >>.
" Phalanx Skill << Axis Thrust >> ! " did i shout out.
Targeting one head after another the dots representing the hp dissappeared.
Dissolving into a mass of polygones the Cerberus breathed its last virtual breath.
But to my surprise no shouts of joy could be heard.
They were all puzzingly looking at me.
Feeling slightly precautios i opened my mouth.
" Wh-Whats wrong guys we defeated the boss without one even reaching the Yellow zone." did i state with a puzzled voice.
" Phalanx? Never heard of that before ..." did Tinka take the initiative of the first word.
" Its not Le-Legendary if you want to know. The prerequisits are written besides it in Skill list."
After a few questions shot towards me i gave told them what they needed to get this Skill.
" You already reached that much Strength? What level are you anyways?" did a guy say.
" 84 as of yesterday but i got the skill when i was level 60 i think." was my thoughtfull voice leaking out.
I told them after another question how i distibuted my points.
Even showing them my true stats.
Normally no one would do this but as they were my Guildmates and trusted Company of <<The Army >> i showed them.
" You know that Kirito is Level 80 atm..." Tinka said in a shocked state.
" ..." silence.
Kirito my rival and most likely the 2nd best known player in this world as a beater and now a Legendary skill user only to be trumped by Heathcliff and followed by Asuna was lower then me...
I finally overtook him.
Pumping my fist in the Air and shouting out " OOOOOHHHH" they looked at me puzzled.
Clearing the misunderstanding while telling them everything we happily laughed with eachother.
Resting i decided to split the loot and even the Last attack bonus.
Distributed the items which were usefull and collecting the others for them to be assesed and sold we packed things up.
7 pm.
I decided to call it a day and even gave everyone a Portalcrystal.
Those werent cheap but as my whole house + furniture only cost 500000 col i never had money problems.
Neither did i need a smith to make Armor for me.
Or weapons ... i still cant believe <<Moon piercer>> was better then anything ifve ever found.
Only me and Tinka remained.
I set up a Portal point for the even more expensive << Corridor Crystal >> which would let us return here tomorrow directly.
Smiling at her we both pressed our own Crystals on our body and shouted.
" Town of Beginnings" the world started to get fuzzy infront of us.

Arriving at the Town we got greeted by 10 other people smiling at us.
" So Cpt Vickral , wanna go for a Drink?" Tinka said to my surprise.
" Hahaha , you sure are a lively bunch for not getting enough of your Cpt. Alright drinking will be one you guys tonight . Hahahaha" was my friendly remark.

Briefly looking through the mapping data i made today , i discovered there was only about 15% explored from this floors dungeon.
- Sigh -
" Cmon Cpt, drink drink. " was the lively remark from a 30ish looking guy from my Company.
" Here i am Vickral guys , dont forget." did i say while lifting my mug of beer to my lips.
Running down my throat i welcomed the taste and the fuzzy feeling in my head as i was thinking about Cobaltz again ....
This was my 10 mug already but my fosterlings wouldnt let me go.
It was 10pm now and the sun had already set along time ago.
Feeling almost like i was at home in this Tavern where we always drank after a long day in the dungeon i sighed again.
This is the 4th day of drinking after fighting...
Also the 4th day since i started my Command as the Cpt of this Company.
None of them even had to use a Healing Crystal yet so the Sigh from before was a sigh of relieve.
' My command didnt seem too bad ' did i think for myself.
Sitting in a wide chair i relaxed and closed my Eyes.
Something rather heavy sat on my lap and a Warningwindow popped up when i opened my eyes again.
" Tinka , why are you on my Lap again what bad news could there be now?" did i say to everyones surprise.
" ..." silence from her as she nibbled at her Mug.
Checking her profile once again , she was about the same age as me acutally a year or so older.
Okay i didnt have to check her profile again as ive burned it into my retinas the first time i saw her a week after the game started , but ... ah forget what i just said.
" Are you drunk? How many did u already have.?"
She turned around and our faces were very close to eachother with a slight movement of my neck our Lips would touch.
" I shaaaddd Thrrriiiieeeeeee" did she say while holding up 2 fingers.
Feeling her breath on my skin my face became a ting red.
She realized it a few seconds later and her complete face went up like she just bathed in way to hot water.
Quickly turning around she still had a red face ... how cute first time i saw her like this.
Time went by to quick while she was sitting on my Lap.
Some chatter filled the Tavern and it was 0.30 am now.
" Guys i really need to get some sleep now as you should , tomorrow well be going towards the dungeon at 8,30 be prepared." did i let out my commanding voice.
Lifting up Tinka who still sat on my lap i stood up and left the Tavern.

Arriving at my house i realized somebody was following me.
Turning around i saw Tinka hiding very cheaply behind a corner.
Before she hid though she waited 5 seconds , a long enough time for me to look admireingly at her mole beneath her left eye.
" Tinka what do you want?" did my cold voice reach her.
" Shtai whith hyou ?" was her still drunken state clearly displayed in her voice.
" Stay with me? I acutally wanted to go to sleep , well see eachother again tomorrow so head home."
" Shtai whith hyou thhee Nigcht?"
Huh? HUH HUH HUH?
I strode quickly towards her and put my Arm around her shoulder.
Half dragging her in my door she almost doozed of in my arms.
Straight heading towards the bedroom she was already full asleep i placed her on the bed and covered her with a blanket.
Even if sleeping in armor was uncomfortable i didnt want to use her hand to manipulate her inventory screen to undress her.
Then i looked around.
I knew the chair in my Living room was not that comfortable and the bed was spacious enough for me and her together.
Placing my right hand underneth my chin in a thinking manner i decided.
Quickly pressing a few buttons i was only covered in White pants and placed myself down besides her.
As i was about to drift off into sleep , which was a felt eternity later due to nervousness of a girl sleeping next to me , she mumbled some incomprehensible words and grabbed my hand.
Now i was even more nervous but my tired state overcame me quickly.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Re: SAO Fanfic -The Lancer

Post by Rohan123 »

Is it up to chapter 3 or is there more?
DOL
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DOL »

There will be more , think its any good sofar?
I tried to copy the way the author of the original SAO wrote , but my own style gets mixed in from time to time.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

DOL wrote:There will be more , think its any good sofar?
I tried to copy the way the author of the original SAO wrote , but my own style gets mixed in from time to time.
Only read Ch1 so far, but it seemed fine to me. Good work. :wink:

Return to “Creative works”