Full Metal Panic! Another

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this light novel translated?

"I might try translating this"
2%
"Yes"
98%
"Not Really (Please give a reason)"
No votes
"No (Please give a reason)"
No votes

Total votes: 136

obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Full Metal Panic! Another

Post by obsidian pegasus »

This is the feedback thread for the project Full Metal Panic! Another.

--------

Full Metal Panic! Another, is in Japanese (raw), I possess a copy, (thank you kinokuniya bookstores in Los Angelas), and had a converation with Code-Zero who had put this on his to-translate list, and he'll allow me to get this started, (didn't want to step on toes). So, to meet the requirements, this is a post from a translator saying, yes please, I'll get to work on it.
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Full Metal Panic! Another

Post by KuroiHikari »

There are no project page created, and no registration page created either. Which means, nobody has registered for any chapters yet. In other words, there's nothing holding you back by BT's standard requirements.

You may proceed to create the required pages and procure the chapters.
chancs
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by chancs »

But keep ready the prologue/ any chapter (complete) before creating the project page.

Primary requirement.
obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Ok, the book is devided into parts like 1-2-3-4 kinda like SAO is, each is 20-39 pages just like a chapter, so can I put up the project page with part 1 done? Also, sorry, I guess delete it? I started a page linked to my talk and was going to update it over the next 2 weeks until part one is done, but it is a project page. Sorry KuroiHikari. I was thinking people can start to read as we go along, but rules are important.
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

If you're going to mark it as a chapter, it's fine.
Not that there's anything wrong either way.
My issue is literally with an empty project page, I was not talking about the chapters. Project pages have a standard template and provide basic info of the novel. As for chapters, you don't really have to post it at the same time as the project page.
obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Got it, I'll get that up 2night! one more thing, any tips on not destroying your book when you scan images that are part of the chapter?
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Just focus on getting a chapter completed first before you post it on the wiki. It's very jarring to see updates of one line after another filling the 'recent changes' tab.

I do have the 'FMP Another' volume scans with me (why? Don't ask). You need to come up with a synopsis for this series though.

Also, while I do like the enthusiasm, you need to settle down and focus on what series you want to do, especially at this point when you're starting out. You can continue to work on this series as a teaser (and we have a bad track record when it comes to teasers or new series), but do know what your main modules are. Once you get comfortable with your main series, you can then work on more series.

I like how we officially graduated to the point where the first option is: I might try translating this
obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Thanks for the advice Teh Ping, your right. You brought up a good point to, advice-wise, when you say filling up the recent changes icon, do you mean how I've been adding more to papakiki in small amounts each day(?) (is it just better to wait till the end of the week and upload then in a block?) I know I was thinking get the goods to the reader asap, (even though some days there's not enough time for lots of goods, really). Also, sorry for starting the one page without a project page, thats been fixed, (owe you another one Teh Ping, I copied the format from one of your projects!) I'll get the teaser section up next. Thanks for being patient with this NB. I promise I'll get the hang of it eventually, jk.
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

I would recommend uploading each part of the story by scenes or by chapters. Just focus on completion and you should be fine; it's a rookie's mistake to not stick to the basics. Without the basics, you can't improve.

PS: As for your question to me about how I started out with only hiragana, that's because I 'cheated' since I had a rough understanding of what most kanji words meant.
obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Its still really cool you started from scratch though, k, given my speed (slow), I'll do as you said and start going by scene.
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Teh_ping wrote:Just focus on getting a chapter completed first before you post it on the wiki. It's very jarring to see updates of one line after another filling the 'recent changes' tab.
Hm, and I thought every translator can choose on their own what shedule they want to use to post a translation.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Teaser Feedback”