Kämpfer

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Kämpfer ?

It was good! Please do more!
91%
It was interesting.
6%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
2%

Total votes: 384

Kokoru Asami
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Kämpfer

Post by Kokoru Asami »

I was wondering if anyone is interested in translating Kampfer, it seems like an a good novel...
Last edited by cautr on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: fixed something by j112's request
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: New Novel Suggestion - Kampfer

Post by onizuka-gto »

personally I don't think it all that good, the manga was marginally good, but the anime was awful.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
turtlemonkey
Astral Realm

Post by turtlemonkey »

i had no idea that it was originally a light novel...i say we should as light novels are usually better than their manga and anime counterparts...the manga is great but really slow i hope to see the novel translated soon please =)
Agartha
Astral Realm

Post by Agartha »

please do...the manga was awesome had no idea there was also a light novel cant wait for new eps...not as good but much faster than the manga chapters
Enigma
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

The things about novels is, they generally provide more depth and the protagonists' thought process and such, whereas anime show a reaction face and result. Yeah, I'm all for it, I don't mind reading more.
onizuka-gto wrote:personally I don't think it all that good, the manga was marginally good, but the anime was awful.
I'd give it a couple more episodes personally before I make a judgement, but so far, it's pretty much as expected; average to some highlights.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

It is hard to tell the quality of an anime just by one episode, since they will have to try to cover the basic foundations while trying to keep it interesting to attract viewers. Not too easy to do them all... But, i am not following this series, so who am i to say?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

How is the novel series? Anyone know?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Darklor wrote:How is the novel series? Anyone know?

don't know. Never read a single review of it yet.

But then again, not many websites that I know review novels....except for Random Curiosity and us.
:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Aw now come on, it's not that bad for guilty pleasures. A guy that genderbends into a cute girl, and all the girls actually like her that way.

And it's fanservice isn't in-your-face like Queen's Blade, Ikkitousen or Tenjo Tenge.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Kinny Riddle wrote:Aw now come on, it's not that bad for guilty pleasures. A guy that genderbends into a cute girl, and all the girls actually like her that way.

And it's fanservice isn't in-your-face like Queen's Blade, Ikkitousen or Tenjo Tenge.

I guess.

But "it's not that bad" doesn't exactly make it any better in comparison with other novels competing for my attention.... :roll:

@Onizukademongto
ShadowZeroHeart

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

onizuka-gto wrote:
Kinny Riddle wrote:Aw now come on, it's not that bad for guilty pleasures. A guy that genderbends into a cute girl, and all the girls actually like her that way.

I guess.

But "it's not that bad" doesn't exactly make it any better in comparison with other novels competing for my attention.... :roll:
TOTALLY AGREE!!

Well, i read a novel once, just one volume, where a guy falls down and accidentally got to an alternate dimension where he is female, and is a maid who loves her master. And he has to try to not ruin her life while having to try to find a way back. Later on, he realised that another maid over there is the same as him etc etc. From then on, i knew I would lay off genderblends.

Oh and theres another genderblend that i read that turned me off. The devil girl? A girl that caught a demon and threatens it to do what she wants. And the guy sometimes switches bodies with her... Boring~

So i gave up on genderblending.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
xemaster
Astral Realm

Kampfer

Post by xemaster »

Kampfer

Plot:
The plot revolves around Natsuru Senō, a normal high school boy. One day he wakes up to find himself turned into a girl. A stuffed tiger "Harakiri Tora" comes to life and tells him to fight as a female psychic fighter "Kämpfer". Having no idea about what's going on, Natsuru is involved in the battles against other female Kämpfer.

Kämpfer means fighter in German

More information can be learned here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kampfer

Proof that it isn't Licensed: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=23648
(note: you'll have to scroll down, it's on the right)

I have volumes 1 and 2 of this light novel and I can get up to volume 10. It is a really good anime and manga and I really want to read it in english I hope this project is taken up.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Re: Kampfer

Post by Vaelis »

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3031
xemaster wrote:I have volumes 1 and 2 of this light novel and I can get up to volume 10. It is a really good anime and manga and I really want to read it in english I hope this project is taken up.
The raws are rarely a problem :wink:
xemaster
Astral Realm

Post by xemaster »

I personally DO NOT read alot of gender benders however this one isn't so bad. I mean the only things that would be considered homosexual are between the girls so it's not too bad. BTW this is coming from a guy so reading something that has a little girl on girl isn't gonna turn mw away from it. Well in any case all of the main characters are straight with the exception of Kaede. It's really not something you should miss out on.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Kampfer

Post by Darklor »

Could be merged or?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Teaser Feedback”