Zaregoto Series

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find Zaregoto Series?

It was good! Please do more!
95%
It was interesting.
4%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 255

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Zaregoto Series

Post by onizuka-gto »

This is the feed back thread for Zaregoto Series

Please tell us what you think of it.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
entivore
Astral Realm

Post by entivore »

I think I'm interested in it.

Course it probably has more to do with tomo pictures plastered over the japanese part of the internet than anything else.
thegreekie
Astral Realm

Post by thegreekie »

I think out of all of the future novel projects, I find this one the most intriguing. :D Please consider this as an official project in the near future.
elkin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Zaregoto Series

Post by elkin »

Read some postive reviews about it. Skimming through a Chinese trans of the first volume has piqued my curiosity, but rather busy with Baccano! as it is :(
Imagker
Astral Realm

Post by Imagker »

It would be awesome if someone picked up translating Zaregoto... As far as I know, book two hasn't even been published yet, so it's possible to continue from there.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

wow incredible timing. after watching bakemonogatari i bought the 1st translated volume from amazon (last stock lucky). is just arrived this morning and i am excited to read it tonight. may give feedback later. that and i gonna read the death note novel he wrote too.

baka baka baka
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

okay here is a bit of my review of death note: another note and zaregoto v1.

death note: i guess is target younger audience b/c is so god damn short. man i love the cover and everything but i do wish it was longer. the ending i find to be a bit rush and a bit unoriginal (okay well is original in its own way how it was executed but i seen too many rehashed). from watching the bakemonogatari series i truly believe his strong point is in creating good characters. yes L and Misao are already existing characters but i do like the small details he contribute to their characters. i say is above average. the detective work i like alot since they talk in the rational speaking way which i like (with logic and deduction). just saying if you are a fan of death note it will be enjoyable

zaregoto. i must say wow. since is his 1st work and is freaking long. (not harry potter long but i want longer for my unsatisfied hungry!) i was very impress with his characters, which i am aiming for, i just adore all the characters that i do not want any of them to die. i like the main character alot since he isn't one of those high moral guys and he isn't the typical guy either. rather i find he is somewhat very honest and frank about his own nature and accept his role as a nobody. but i do get mix feeling about him since i can related and feel bad. i cannot comment well on mystery novel since i haven't read that many and the mystery shows i watch are either monk or psyche so i don't know how it fares. i can do tell is that i enjoy all the character interaction of figuring out who is the murderer. the ending i feel is anti-climatic in is own way. i feel very confused like the main character and how it effects him. is a hard feeling that i cannot describe. overall i love this book alot. hopefully more will be translated.

this is pretty how to comment on these books since they are "translated". i do not know japanese so i cannot appericate how he wrote them. though i am very much happy with the translation and i can feel for the characters

so i don;t know whether i can support this project since again del rey has the rights but they are so god damn slow to translate. then again is hard to translate japanese. peace out

baka baka baka
Setherzam
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Setherzam »

>.> Tsuko was awesome. Battle maid ftw. Also oh god Akane(or whoever) is so goddamn cute.

That aside I do have some gripes with the novel, while for the most part it is well written the ending was sort of crammed together. I understand it is supposed to be a wrap up for the entire mystery and what not but it was still a little too smooth and too fast. Also, the motive behind the murder seemed a bit crazy if you asked me. The epilogue also seemed a bit rushed when Aikawa sort of just beat the shit out of the mystery

Why the hell does it take them so long to translate the second volume?! I want to read more!
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Zaregoto 2: The Kubishime Romanticist review

Been an year since I've read the first one but this is more frank about our narrator. Is a surprise-ly deep character study of himself that takes a important role in this book rather than the murder itself, which became a secondary note. His tales of being "damaged goods" and "human failures" with "fatal wounds" strangely resonate alot with me. does this make me a sociopath? not really since I have empathy for others (especially rape victims) while he said he quite a "passive observer" who doesn't feel bother if someone close dies with an apathy attitude. The center of attention is usually about his description how he view the world and how it relates to him. How many things seem "nonsense". With a 300 page book it amazed me how many topics and analogy he used, especially with his "mirror" self. I love and envy NisiOisiN's talent in writing these characters. I feel like the narrator when he talks how he lacks the comprehension of understanding other people's pain while I lack my own weaken talent to show good character writing. NisiOisiN seem to hit on every note on what I want to write and express myself on my own understanding of emptiness of the human condition. He is my "mirror" as well as the narrator. Well this got a bit self-expressing egositic trip. my Conclusion:

Is good. Read it.

Further proof? One review said is like reading a character study of Jeff Lindsay's novel's creation: Dexter.

baka baka baka
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Uh, we have a teaser for that?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Darklor wrote:Uh, we have a teaser for that?
No my friend since this is licensed by del-ray. I simply got the 2nd book that took two years after the 1st book to finally finished being translated. Sources say the next one will be out late 2011. sigh. I mean look at this bad ass list:

03 Hanging High School: The Master of Nonsense's Pupil
04 Psycho Logical (Part One) Gaisuke Utsurigi's Nonsense Killer
05 Psycho Logical (Part Two): Sour Little Song
06 Cannibal Magical: Niounomiya Siblings, Masters of Carnage
07 Uprooted Radical (Part One): The Thirteen Stairs
08 Uprooted Radical (Part Two): Overkill Red vs. The Orange Seed
09 Uprooted Radical (Part Three): The Blue Savant and the Master of Nonsense

At this rate is gonna take like 14-15 years to translate all that. sigh.

baka baka baka
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah I see. Maybe the thread should then be moved to a better place for discussion?

Darklor

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Darklor wrote:Ah I see. Maybe the thread should then be moved to a better place for discussion?
I guess, i mean this is the only zaregoto thread here so I am just using it.

baka baka baka
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

I only mean that its just too hidden here to get much traffic for a lively discussion if it would remain here...

Darklor

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

This is cool and sad. We're the 14th link for the zaregoto series on google. Does this book not get any love from westerners! sigh. just me being impatient for the next 7 volumes. I am so f*cking teased with all these great character designs from the oncoming books. Whoever is in charge with the cover of these books should stick with the japanese ones. They are awesomely ridiculous.

baka baka baka

Return to “Teaser Feedback”