Gakkou wo Deyou!

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Gakkou wo Deyou ?

It was good
77%
It was interesting
18%
Not as good as I thought
2%
Boring. Not reading again!
3%

Total votes: 61

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Gakkou wo Deyou!

Post by onizuka-gto »

his is the feed back thread for Gakkou wo Deyou!

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... _wo_Deyou!

Please tell us what you think of it.

edit: A shadow lurks in the corner, and adds a little bit of a link
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Add poll
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
thegreekie
Astral Realm

Post by thegreekie »

Nothing less from the author of Suzumiya Haruhi.
erehwon
Astral Realm

Gakkou wo Deyou!/Escape from School!

Post by erehwon »

Well, I know there is a teaser page, http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... o_Deyou%21.

What happen to this idea? Not enough feedback, nobody liked it? Well teaser page said teaser to posted soon... well nothing ever showed up so I small teaser
Imouto’s ghost floats above my eyes.

From a long time ago, I never believed in the existence of such things as ghosts. For example, a suddenly appearing midnight female ghost entirely covered in blood with both hands hanging, croaking “I hate ~”, then disappearing leaving no traces… I think I won’t admit it even if you kill me, first an appointment with optometrist, then with a psychiatrist. I completely could not understand, why would anyone be afraid ghost stories or horror movies, that kind of fake stuff? That constructed, fictional stories, the people and things inside do not really exist. Fictional compositions are not enough to be believable, how can the heart and spirit be hurt?

Those people what are they afraid of?

In reality when I was younger, I was quite afraid at night of the nearby elementary school dormitories. Later on because of kid’s frequent attitude of dares, I finally was able to overcome the fear. The power of not wanting to lose, certainly is really great.

Enough to rock what I consider this kind of reasoning, is six years ago, when I was eleven years old.

From that day on, from that time on, imouto’s ghost have tag along without pause.

This is the reason for me to be studying in this particular school.

Now, I bunkered in a room in the boy’s dormitory. The origin of this reason is going around and around in front of me, dancing at fast and light steps. Because of her, I was dislocated to this Third Public EMP Academy. Actually I don’t even have a bit of special abilities, ah…

“You just said something?”

The ghostly girl had not too long and not too short hair, four long and white limbs and white seifuku. Behind her half transparent body, the scene can still be seen. If my imouto Haruna is still alive, then this year she should already be sixteen. Though she now is floating in area 10 cm above the wooden floor, her hair lightly moving and flowing.
Don’t know why this ghost every year gets older along the years looks really like sixteen years old.
Haruna sense my look, the still youthful face appears like a child’s innocent smile. I sighed a deep breath.

Haruna was ten years old when she left. I suddenly saw the situation of her accident, then participated in her burial, seen her laying in the coffin with dead man’s makeup, after the cremation also collected her bones. The night of guarding spirit, suddenly I saw the transformed ghost of Haruna.

Six years ago I didn’t have full understanding; I that was not strong enough was really surprised. A body that was half transparent in curious manner looked at the her laying in coffin, then slowly turns her head around and smiled, allowing a deep memory. I didn’t even have enough energy to consider optometrist or psychiatrist, almost fainted.

That time, my twin younger sister Wakana was also along side. She saw the similar to a split of herself, half-transparent Haruna, but wasn’t too surprised. This is something I remembered very clearly.

This pair of twin sisters supposes that the other is just herself. Wakana maybe presumes, the other split Haruna’s death is just like the disappearance of a mirror.

Previously I have asked Wakana about this question. She just lightly move her head with too long Hepburn hair, subdued for thirty seconds then,

“I too don’t know”

She lightly replies.

No matter, from then on it’s like this. Imouto’s ghost is continuously by my side.

Right now, Haruna is right in front of my eyes. The short skirt on her is half-transparent like her body, the ends of the skirt light fluttering.

Possible to realize, she is soaked in happiness — in the school’s dormitories double room, the happiness of monopolizing me.

Fortunately, my roommate, the boy student, lost his EMP abilities; from yesterday starting he didn’t come to school or the dormitory.

When he left that guy said.

“Only now I am not afraid to tell you, I was really going to be scared to death by Haruna. Every time I took a shower or used the restroom, really was worried if she would suddenly appear through the wall… at night if I wake up I would see her shiningly attached to the ceiling, so scared that I rushed out the door, my heart almost stopped… But now when recalling, it transforms into beautiful memories.”

He said. Then, with unseen line controlling it, the alarm clock on the desk floats in the air, then knocks him out in the head.

Beautiful memories? This saying can only be used those people about to leave the bitter sea, huh? But me, don’t know how much longer I can maintain this kind of situation… You idiot, have you thought of my feelings?! You deserve that! … Even though at the same time inside saying that, also feel that it is because Haruna likes pranks, that I would be forced into this school. Haruna seems like she has no thought about leaving my side. If this character doesn’t leave, I won’t be able leave this place and that would very very long.

“This is bad?”

An unclear voice appears softly in my head. I was reclining on the lower bunk of a bunk bed, Haruna passed through my body spying on my expression. Her voice is still like when she was eleven. Seems like her mentality is the same.

“Of course it’s bad, actually is extremely bad! If I was like you had some special ability, being called here to go to school, at least that would be acceptable. But like everyone else said, I’m just a normal person; there is no reason for staying here. I am staying in this desolate freak place wasting my youth, it’s all because of you! Right, now is not too late, you can go find Wakana! You girls can be like before touchy feely, I’ll find time to come visit you girls!”

“I don’t want that!”

Haruna turns her head around and pouts, stamps what should be loud but silent foot.

On what is used as a desk but is an antique heater, the alarm clock sounds the 8 PM message.

Not sure whether because the roommate gather his luggage and left, or because th suddenly monopolizing a double dorm room reasoning, the sound of the alarm clock is tenfold earsplitting.

The room has no TV, only imouto’s ghost. If I thought of going outside for a breather, this is academy is deep in mountains surrounded by forest, with very few people around, basically no living interest. Not allowed to leave on your own, if discovered will be forcefully brought back to the academy.

I’m slouched on my bed, thinking about how to waste time before I sleep. Just at this time, in the corner of my vision a white member floats.

It’s Haruna’s finger. She used her fingers to knock on the side of my head. I don’t pay attention to her. Suddenly, something approaches flying. I quickly got up and dodged, in order to not be hit.

Haruna spies the me slouching on the bed, her half transparent face but red lips slowly moves.

Then she points towards the wall.
“What?”

Haruna with a playful expression, five fingers and slowing bending one finger down, as if counting something. Five, four, three, two, one,…zero.
Let me know what you think.

PS what the hell "feed*back" becomes "poke"? (I type feed*back.)
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Lol. Feed*Back became poke (if you didn't know, poke is also something else).

Anyways, it says in the teaser page, that the series looks incomplete. If that's the case, I don't wanna read it and then find, So sorry, the series is suspended. If the series continues, I might help edit, etc. Maybe.
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by the_naming_game »

In many ways, "Gakkou wo Deyou!" seems like a warm up for "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu" ...

I note in particular, Exhibit A:
Actually I don’t even have a bit of special abilities, ah…
That "ah…" is our much-loved "yare yare."

So that, and the fact that we have an ordinary guy surrounded by ... espers! And a ghost, and who knows what else.

Anyway, from a skim of the teaser page, it is an uneven work with some brilliant moments, things that are more concentrated in Haruhi. I would find this interesting to read, but only as a reader. Editing of another project would take the last chunk out of my entertainment time. (well, assuming this becomes a project.)

Where do you find all those Chinese fan translations, by the way? (Okay, I'm making a leap in logic, assuming you are working from Chinese fan translations, just because of "Kaze no Stigma") Not that I would be able to read them, exactly, but it'd be interesting to see. PM is fine too; I'm not sure about the board rules with what can be posted.

To the rule-makers:
Are Chinese fan translations still considered raws? (I'm sure licensed translations would be.)
Baka-Tsuki, suki! Yuki, suki!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

My definition of "RAWS" is like you said, those which is designated as "licenced" and is not in English.

if i was being picky, i would say, any text which is published first in that non-english language is considered "raws" any other non-first language translation are considered 2nd source, and are open to debate.

but i've been lazy, so i've been going with the former.

:P
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

i don't have the Chinese raws, I just found this teaser page, so I just translated a part of that. I know that it's published in Taiwan, at least I think the first, two book. I'm no where close to that place, so buying it is out of question. I was wondering if someone had the Chinese raws. The Japanese raws are all over the place though. If you want I can PM you the place I guess.

I think this series has great potential given its written by tanigawa nagaru, but then again the narrator changes after the first book, so. Imagine Haruhi changing narrators, Kozumi narrating or ...

feedback, feedback, feed*back

:D haha
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

just for all of you, you type the word "feed-back" like so.

there is no word you mentioned with out the hyphen in the English dictionary, well i suppose if your using the American dialect edition, that could be a possibility....

:roll:

@Onizukademongto
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

LIES! You're just to lazy to fix the word filter, aren't you? :P
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Personally, I'd love to see this series translated.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Gakkou wo Deyou!

Post by Darklor »

Uh, has someone delated the teaser?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

can't find it

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Think i saw this in the local bookstore as well, is it that interesting?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Unfortunately, the teaser pages on the links are no longer viable.

It does seem that the owner has deleted them, it is very unfortunate that the author of the teaser page did not copy the original teaser pages to our wiki database.

It may well be that this page will have to be pulled from our site, due to the fact that without the "teaser", it is not technically classified as a "teaser".

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

There were links to a teaser? At least in the history of the teaser page I couldnt really find any traces of a link to a english teaser...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Teaser Feedback”