Asobi Ni Iku Yo (Cat Planet Cuties)

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Would you like to see this novel translated?

Yes
97%
Not Really
1%
No
2%

Total votes: 548

Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Re: Asobi Ni Iku Yo (Cat Planet Cuties)

Post by Rage_Ender »

My Opinion about the LN:

I think I like the japanese name better, Cat planet Cuties may sound a bit weird.
The illustrations is good, reader will not have problem.
I don't really get what the story is about after reading the synopsis on the teaser page.
I hope no one is offensed by my opinion.
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
kuroko
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kuroko »

Thank you denormative, the only problem is when you change the name's of the links without changing the name of the actual project or page names, (need Baka-Tsuki editing priveleges for that), the pages dissapear, which in the case of the registration page dissapearing like it did gets me yelled at for an incomplete project... :cry: SO,I agree with you, it is the accepted naming convention so....

To anyone with editing priveleges on Baka-Tsuki, will you please change the name of the project page and registration page to

Asobi ni iku yo!

Also, on Eris, is that what you guys want to stick with? (I was going on phonix, love phonix! jk)

Also, if anyone has time to find and upload the illustrations?
kuroko
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kuroko »

Rage_Ender wrote:My Opinion about the LN:

I think I like the japanese name better, Cat planet Cuties may sound a bit weird.
The illustrations is good, reader will not have problem.
I don't really get what the story is about after reading the synopsis on the teaser page.
I hope no one is offensed by my opinion.
To be fair, I don't know what the books are about in detail yet either, (thats why I'm translating 'em!), so your right, as we get more substance, (not using the anime OR the manga), we'll jump in and redo the synopsis.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nurin »

Moved the page from

Code: Select all

Asobi ni ikuyo
to

Code: Select all

Asobi ni Iku yo!
Ps I did some changes on the page, and... gosh Rohan, When I gone to move the pages they where already moved, anyway I deleted all the pages with Ikuyo, and now I think everything is done ^^
Call me Nurin!

Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Nura rihan wrote:Ps I did some changes on the page, and... gosh Rohan, When I gone to move the pages they where already moved, anyway I deleted all the pages with Ikuyo, and now I think everything is done ^^
If you wanted to match the naming conventions for most projects, you should use a colon instead of space so that it looks like "Asobi ni Iku yo!:Volume 1 prologue". Though I don't know if that actually matters for anything besides being convention.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Just moved all the remaining pages from "Ikuyo" to "Iku yo!" and also replaced all the redirects to direct links linking to the new pages.
Nura rihan wrote:Ps I did some changes on the page, and... gosh Rohan, When I gone to move the pages they where already moved, anyway I deleted all the pages with Ikuyo, and now I think everything is done ^^
Hmm, yea I would have deleted them myself but don't have page deletion rights on the wiki.
P.S. Next time before you delete the "moved" page, make sure you have replaced all the redirects to direct links, since the link to old "ikuyo" project main page was broken on the registration page, so I presume you must have deleted it before changing the redirects.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nurin »

Cthaeh wrote:
If you wanted to match the naming conventions for most projects, you should use a colon instead of space so that it looks like "Asobi ni Iku yo!:Volume 1 prologue". Though I don't know if that actually matters for anything besides being convention.
Well, since it was not myslef who did the internal links I don't know how they are, I didn't paid attention to that though, tehe~>.<, Anyway i like myself to put as "Asobi ni Iku yo!:Volume 1 prologue" but it's myself...
Rohan123 wrote:P.S. Next time before you delete the "moved" page, make sure you have replaced all the redirects to direct links, since the link to old "ikuyo" project main page was broken on the registration page, so I presume you must have deleted it before changing the redirects.
I was doing that, but, I screwed up, and had to rollback my editions, tehe~~>.>
Call me Nurin!

Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Cthaeh wrote:
It's not necessary to use a colon, convention is usually followed to make navigation easier, and also makes it easier to write up a navigation template for the project in the future. I leave it to Kuroko to decide the format for his links.
kuroko
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kuroko »

Thank you very much everyone who did that today!
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

kuroko wrote:Also, on Eris, is that what you guys want to stick with? (I was going on phonix, love phonix! jk)
エリス is "erisu"/Eris not アリス which would be "arisu" which is "Alice" as per: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%A2% ... A%E3%82%B9 to get "Aries" would be アリエス or エアリーズ. Throwing things at the Japanese Wikipedia is really useful to eliminate options, even if it doesn't confirm them.
kuroko wrote:Also, if anyone has time to find and upload the illustrations?
I have them all in both in official digital form and fan scans. I'll upload them when I get the chance to compare them and find out which are nicer. Probably the fan's ones given other publisher's incompetence at producing good digital versions. (cf, Gakusen).
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
kuroko
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kuroko »

Your right, me and my accent... If my redneck way of sounding things out messes anything up in the future, let me know. There's a lot of names thrown around, so if you guys could help me make a page defining the spelling of character names, that'd be great! man there's a lot of request coming from this direction.
kuroko
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kuroko »

Yay, prologue 80% done, (for me that's impressive, never been able to do 4 pages in one day b4).
Prologue will be done tomorrow.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

kuroko wrote:Your right, me and my accent... If my redneck way of sounding things out messes anything up in the future, let me know. There's a lot of names thrown around, so if you guys could help me make a page defining the spelling of character names, that'd be great! man there's a lot of request coming from this direction.
I'm assembling a terminology page at the moment with a standardised bunch of names. (eg, most of the internet thinks クーネ is Kuune... with the exception of en.wikipedia for instance; it uses the anime version Qoone, and I can't find out why they picked such a weird translation it doesn't seem to be a sci-fi reference for instance.)

I'm starting to think I need to 'spoiler tag' the terminology page as well; I'm pulling most of the terms from the Japanese wikipage and they cover all 17 volumes compared to the en.wiki pages, which basically cover the anime and nothing more (v1-4, and couple of later ones). :?

I wonder if we should put references to the spin-off/side-series novels as well? Ah well, something for later.

Edit: Not to mention the english faction name translations annoy me somewhat:
キャーティア - Catia
ドギーシュア - Dogisia
They both have -ia endings, where only Catia has an -ia ending in the katakana, Dogisia should be more like Dogisha. :(
Last edited by denormative on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyances.
obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by obsidian pegasus »

I agree on Dogisha-ドギーシュア=dogishua, so dogisha or dogishua is closer to the translation, so lets pick one to make cannon with 黒狐. Catia makes sense though, also, no need to do a spoiler page with terminology, just spelling really, if the editor's see one misspelled, they can reference the terminology page to fix it, no need to explain all the names and their story yet, that'll be in the LN, (except the spin off's you mentioned).
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

obsidian pegasus wrote:I agree on Dogisha-ドギーシュア=dogishua, so dogisha or dogishua is closer to the translation, so lets pick one to make cannon with 黒狐. Catia makes sense though, also, no need to do a spoiler page with terminology, just spelling really, if the editor's see one misspelled, they can reference the terminology page to fix it, no need to explain all the names and their story yet, that'll be in the LN, (except the spin off's you mentioned).
I must admit I prefer Kyaatia to Catia myself, simply because it looks more exotic. But the whole joke works better in English if it's Catia.

The issue is that sorting names of people into family/organisational groupings and races can spoil things for translators if they haven't gotten around to reading later books, that's all. Though I just went through the list, and I think there's only a couple and they're mostly subtle unless you've already got a hint or two about them.

Return to “Teaser Feedback”