Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi: Edit Discussion Thread

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

MyProjectAlicization
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi: Edit Discussion Thread

Post by MyProjectAlicization »

I got Yuuki from the wiki (I'm just using all the spellings on the wiki. That's how much I trust Eth.)
I like stuff... Not much more to say...
MyProjectAlicization
Haruhiist Sensei

Here's am update:
Spoiler! :
However, no matter how much she tried to stall. When she took her second break, everything had been finished. She ended up having to leave the cemetery before dusk. On the way home Ai was in a depressed mood; she was unsure about everything and didn’t know what work she’d be doing tomorrow. Even if she went to ask the villagers there would definitely be something stopping her. (Last sentence confuses me.)
Her walked down the mountain in this depressed mood and almost reached the village. However, when she suddenly realized that she had come to the village, her heart jumped in happiness.
After all, there were people waiting for here at home.
Family! Oh how beautiful this word sounded. Ai’s face started to relax. This morning when Ai woke up she had been startled, because Anna had entered before the sun had even risen to wake her up and afterwards, make breakfast and her lunchbox. Ai had faith that Anna was making dinner right now and when she got home, Ai would help her with seasoning, she would make Anna very happy.
Anna was really acting like a true mother; she might be more like a mother than Ai’s real mother.
As for Youki…
She pondered for a second; she didn’t know much about her so called real “father”. (ummmmm I think?)
--Your father is食人玩具 (doesn’t make much sense to me in Chinese, can someone check raw.), one day he’ll definitely come to see you.
also to my editors... Please baby come back! :'(
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

食人玩具; man-eating toy, just literally
Patron God of NTRed
TUSF
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TUSF »

Here's my Edit.
However, no matter how much she tried to stall. When she took her second break, everything had been finished. She ended up having to leave the cemetery before dusk. On the way home Ai was in a depressed mood; she was unsure about everything and didn’t know what work she’d be doing tomorrow. Even if she went to ask the villagers there would definitely be something in her way.
She walked down the mountain in this depressed mood and almost reached the village. However, when she suddenly realized that she had come to the village, her heart jumped in happiness.
After all, there were people waiting for her at home.
Family! Oh how beautiful this word sounded. Ai’s face started to relax. This morning when Ai woke up she had been startled, because Anna had entered before the sun had even risen to wake her up and afterwards, make breakfast and her lunchbox. Ai had faith that Anna was making dinner right now and when she got home, Ai would help her with seasoning, and she would make Anna very happy.
Anna was really acting like a true mother; she might be more like a mother than Ai’s real mother.
As for Youki…
She pondered for a second; she didn’t know much about her so called real “father”.
--Your father is Hampnie Hambert, and one day he’ll definitely come to see you.
I checked the raw, and there was something odd. 人喰い玩具 was the word given, which of course means "Man-Eating Toy", but it also gives ハンプニー・ハンバート as Furigana, (Hanpunī Hanbāto). So she apparently said his name is "Hampnie Hambert", which somehow means "Man-Eating Toy". At least, this is my interpretation from the Anime.
(Changes are bolded in red btw)
My Username on the wiki is Rage!
c933103
Astral Realm

Post by c933103 »

btw, for that line, would it be better to say, Your father is Man-Eating Toy Hampnie Hambert<--like this?
klsflmkds
Astral Realm

Post by klsflmkds »

TUSF wrote:Here's my edit.
Bold: Edits
Italicized: Notes
Spoiler! :
After thinking this, she could not help but let her mind wander.
Ai stared at the bottom of the grave. Who would be able to achieve eternal rest because of this grave?
Would it be Yuuto or Daigo? Or Anna or Yuuki? Or…
Even after digging all the graves and preparing all the coffins, Ai still did not understand what death was.
“When the time comes... Could I really act as a competent GraveKeeper?”
By that time, Ai was constantly thinking about these issues.
The clouds that were casually flowing by did not reply to her and the dead were too busy sleeping.
She wanted to hear people speak. After thinking this, the “gu” sound of a crow happened to respond from above. (Probably not the best wording, though I think it gets the point across.)
AI opened her mouth wide and gazed into the sky. She felt that she had really been looked down on. Ai stood up, held her shovel up high and plunged it into the ground in a fit of anger.
By midday the grave was dug. She had finally finished.
Ai inspected each and every grave and washed her tools even more carefully ("thoroughly" could work here too.) to kill time. She did not want to go back early just because she had finished her work.
I don't happen to have the raws on me, so I don't think I could tell you the name of that person. Sorry.
Edit: Nevermind, I did have the Raws, haha.
I checked that line, and the name she mentions is ダイゴ, or "Daigo"
Also, the name you said was "Yuuki" is written as ヨーキ, or "Yooki" (Youki? Or just Yōki)
From what I learn, crow's sound in Japanese is "A Hou——" which mean idiot
jkjljlksldsldl
Astral Realm

Post by jkjljlksldsldl »

My english.....
Spoiler! :
Her mother only said this when talking about his father. Although not quite understand what it mean after-all, Ai keep remembering this sentence, just that she still cannot make up how a father should like.
"Let go back home."
Ai told herself. Laughing on her face, walking like jumping forward. Once thought about Anna's meal, it made her feel so happy that start humming song and distraited.
So she cannot discover immediately——
"?"
There're something wrong.
No one exist in the farm.
Walking down till here, unable to spot any single villager. At this farming season, why everyone doesn't go to the farm and work? And it seem to have a strange smell. That's the smell of gunpowder. It's too early for deworming now.
Ai feel strange about it, but hadn't discover what's wrong with it but just thinking it's strange. Taking shortcut as usual, crossing yard-like alley between houses
"Ah!"
she crashes a person at this moment.
By a slight "Don" sound, she crashed into that person's arm. Both side groggily step backward a few steps.
Ai encounter her fate.
He is an exceptionally beauty Shounen. Hair like silver silk, eye like red jade, skin like ice. His stature is petite, is a pure 白子(what does it mean, is this some taiwan slang? white person?). But there're no weakness seen in hhis movement. There're full of power in her petite body, and heavy pressure like emperor emitted from his eye.
And just like Ai, his body hanged full of different tools, from shoes, trousers to jacket are all in black. Already doesn't look like clothes. It'd be more appropriate to say it's armament.
And except clothes, tools hanging on his body are all absolutely weapon. First, within visible part, there're 3 grenade and a pistol, with a submachine gun carry on his right shoulder. And it's even unknown about what might be hidden beneath the jacket which look quite heavy.
And he's holding shortgun with his right hand.
With muzzle directly in front of her eye.
While Ai still blankly/ignorantly(茫然地) looking on him, Shounen already switched to fighting posture in the fastest speed.
That's a pump-action shotguns with its barrel being cut short, is a customized gun. This type of guns were originally intended for shooting beasts in the wild, but after modification, it become a gun that most suitable for taking on to street, shot and kill people.
He spin the gun just like spinning a pen, place the Piston to his left hand position, and then hold the trigger with his right hand and aimed instantly, and aimed on head naturally.

In a light "shua"(need better onomatopoeia) sound, Ammunition loaded. 他收紧胁下、凝神瞄准,食指弯曲,以一种出自专注的放空眼神瞄准目标。(have no idea how to translate this line so stopped here...)
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

TUSF wrote:
I checked the raw, and there was something odd. 人喰い玩具 was the word given, which of course means "Man-Eating Toy", but it also gives ハンプニー・ハンバート as Furigana, (Hanpunī Hanbāto). So she apparently said his name is "Hampnie Hambert", which somehow means "Man-Eating Toy". At least, this is my interpretation from the Anime
Ok, I just realized it now, there's nothing odd on it, it is pretty common to happen, how I am going to explain it, normally, the word bellow is one 人喰い玩具 but the pronunciation is other ハンプニー・ハンバート. "Hampnie Hambert" not necessarily means "Man Eating Toy" but instead, she is taking about "Hampnie Hambert" that could be also know as "Man Eating Toy" a good example from Mayo Chiki! is that Kinjirou Usually uses 浪嵐学園 with the furigana うち in other words, he is saying "ours" while talking about "Rouran Academy".

I hope that this can help you to understand it.(Even though it was a long time ago(not so long tough like last year), but I will place it here if you go through the same problem again)
Call me Nurin!

MyProjectAlicization
Haruhiist Sensei

Alright, thanks Nura, that'll be useful for if something like that pops up again

Return to “Teaser Feedback”