My Maid is a Formless Entity

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you want me to continue translating this?

Ia!
99%
No!
1%

Total votes: 148

SirEatALot
Astral Realm

Re: My Maid is a Formless Entity

Post by SirEatALot »

Can i post the raws. i am so interested becauz well it a maid + it seems like a monstergirl
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

That would be no. Rules are same across BT. Unless you're referring to illustrations.
SirEatALot
Astral Realm

Post by SirEatALot »

KuroiHikari wrote:That would be no. Rules are same across BT. Unless you're referring to illustrations.
sorry about that the illustrations the coloured one for volume 1
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Go ahead.
Roachman
Astral Realm

Post by Roachman »

i like this novel. it has a different vibe from Ny*rko but it a bit more enjoyable. I have one request please take out the american preference. im american and i know the metric system (cuz im asian lol) but it kind of hurt that link
Yog-Sothoth-chan
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Yog-Sothoth-chan »

Roachman wrote:i like this novel. it has a different vibe from Ny*rko but it a bit more enjoyable. I have one request please take out the american preference. im american and i know the metric system (cuz im asian lol) but it kind of hurt that link
I'm an American, I've been living in Japan a while but I still don't know how hard it is to lift 40 kilos. (Four sacks of rice, on the other hand, is very easy to picture in my mind.)

Just keeping it educational for everyone.
LegoTechnic
Astral Realm

Post by LegoTechnic »

Yog-Sothoth-chan wrote:
Roachman wrote:i like this novel. it has a different vibe from Ny*rko but it a bit more enjoyable. I have one request please take out the american preference. im american and i know the metric system (cuz im asian lol) but it kind of hurt that link
I'm an American, I've been living in Japan a while but I still don't know how hard it is to lift 40 kilos. (Four sacks of rice, on the other hand, is very easy to picture in my mind.)

Just keeping it educational for everyone.
You may just consider leaving the footnotes and notations, and reducing them from "Americans click here #" to just the number. Using an large sentence fragment like that is intrusive and jarring to read, whereas a simple superscript number-link is much more professional.

Alternatively do the parenthetical thing, and have something like "40 kilos (90 pounds)", though I think the footnote links have more class.

Regardless nice work so far. Leave it to Japan to make even the most horrible monsters of my childhood seem cute and moe. I may never think of a Shoggoth or even "the Blob" movies the same way again.
MyGawd
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MyGawd »

The story has so much development for the author to choose from. I do hope the author write more books for the series. Many thanks to the translator. By the way am I the only one that read Tekeli-li-teke-teke-li-lu-tekeli-teke-li-la-lu-la-tekeli-teke-tekeli-li-lu-la-li-tekeli-li fully when it in the text :3
Empire's Strongest
Yog-Sothoth-chan
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Yog-Sothoth-chan »

I expected to have more time to work on this in August than I actually did... hopefully I can continue translation though.
bronx819
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by bronx819 »

I don't suppose you're still working on this project are you? I think its a really interesting series and would love to see more translated.

Also as a side note I noticed that on BT its not listed in the teaser or light novels tab, but its under light novels in the BT app (which is how I found it)
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

bronx819 wrote:I don't suppose you're still working on this project are you? I think its a really interesting series and would love to see more translated.

Also as a side note I noticed that on BT its not listed in the teaser or light novels tab, but its under light novels in the BT app (which is how I found it)
Nice observation about it not being in teasers on the website. It looks like it was a typo with the category tag, and it should be fixed now (appearing in the Teasers page linked from the sidebar). [Aside: I also confirmed that none of the other series in that batch of recategorization had similar problems]

The translator who was working on it hasn't been around for nearly a year. So there likely won't be any updates until they either appear again, or someone else takes an interest in it.

Return to “Teaser Feedback”