Can this reaction call 'Love' ?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Fulung
Astral Realm

Can this reaction call 'Love' ?

Post by Fulung »

As from vol. 4...

let said your close friend (opposite sex) get accident, be bad injured, and take to unconscious sleep at hospital. Someone go to take care him (her) at full-time for around three days until him( her) get back his senses.

Did this action enough to assume / or to call 'love' ?

Compare to real live. not fiction. ?

For me my bias try to assume like that but i can't sure. so i ask u comment.
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

Well, if a girl slept at my side for three days in the hospital, I would think she was in love with me. I doubt anyone except a family member would stay overnight with someone, though.
jinalbert
Astral Realm

Post by jinalbert »

Well, if you stay with someone without knowing how long the coma will last, I think it's love + worry + care. :D
XkaOnslaught
Astral Realm

Post by XkaOnslaught »

and the best part, Kyon is THAT dense.
GrimaH
Astral Realm

Post by GrimaH »

XkaOnslaught wrote:and the best part, Kyon is THAT dense.
You never know. Besides, he sounded like he knew that she cared that much about him. And his experience also told him that he himself cared about her too.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

It's frustrating to still not see any progress on this relationship after so many years. They haven't moved past where they were at the end of the first book.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

Umm its not years. Its only been about a year. Remember, Kyon has been "time traveling", so drastic progress isn't really going to happen.
Anaglyph
Astral Realm

Post by Anaglyph »

There's no doubt in my mind that Haruhi loves Kyon. There's plenty of evidence for that.

And there is some progress; slow progress, but it's there: for example, I think its in "Live A Live", Kyon says "something stirred in my heart" or words to that effect at one point, and there are other things like that dropped in here and there; the first person he wanted to see when he woke from his coma was Haruhi. [Edit]Also, the relationship can't really progress all that much further until the end of the series, however many books that's going to be. Once Kyon realises/admits to himself that he has feelings for her there's nowhere left to go other than the big kiss (again). Assuming, of course, that he his going to pick her eventually. Must admit, I have my doubts sometimes when he gets particularly venomous about her.[/edit]

On the other hand, i think being tempted to draw on the face of the person who had't left his side for three days while he was in a coma makes him look pretty mean-spirited, regardless of the romantic side of things. Haruhi deserved better than that.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

he's not mean-spirited. think of it this way, if he didn't care, he wouldn't of felt the urge to draw on her face.

It's a subconcious denial of his feeling for her, that manifest as teasing/sarcasm.

He wouldn't do it to any other women, because he doesn't feel as close to them as to Haruhi... :)

After all, he did go back in time to cultivate a women to suit himself....

catch them while they are young! its for a future investment! :P
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Haiyami wrote:Umm its not years. Its only been about a year. Remember, Kyon has been "time traveling", so drastic progress isn't really going to happen.
I mean since they started writing the story. The first book/article was published in 2003, right?

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”