Endless Eight ending (spoiler)

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

vinfang
Astral Realm

Endless Eight ending (spoiler)

Post by vinfang »

This has to do with the ending of course so if you haven't read it, please don't click here
Spoiler! :
I don't quite understand what cured the looping. Was it because Haruhi knew about the homework problem Kyon had and wanted to help him? Or did I miss something when I read it?
ShApEsHiFt3r
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ShApEsHiFt3r »

It's all because Kyon is a God xD
Spoiler! :
Kyon was unhappy every single time the summer ended because he hadnt done his homework... Therefor making everything repeat again and again, and again ect ect...
jinalbert
Astral Realm

Post by jinalbert »

Actually, this is another possibility...
Spoiler! :
The time-loop was conducted by the future people in order to prevent Haruhi's freak accident that occurs the day after. By making sure that Haruhi is at Kyon's house and not on the street, the disaster is avoided.

If you want the real answer, just re-read and give some thinking time. I'm sure it'll come to you. :D
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Time is like a giant line that forks off into different paths, and from those paths comes more paths to infinite.
Spoiler! :
There's a chance that Kyon would want to do homework, and that Haruhi would want summer to be over if they completed it all, the chance was... 1/80000? I dunno, so they had to repeat it over and over until they finally reached the probability. Do you notice how in every single repeat, they did not follow the exact same event exactly? Because of the chance of doing that in each time path is different.
All things have a chance to occur, some things are infinitely small, such as if you continuously tap your finger on a brick wall, eventually your finger will go through the wall as if you were a ghost, but the chance of that is infinitely small, so you would require a near infinite time to reach it.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

what freak accident?
vinfang
Astral Realm

Post by vinfang »

Yea in response to Jinalbert, however if his answer is related to a future volume I'll post my response in a spoiler tag
Spoiler! :
I was wondering too where was it mentioned about a freak accident occuring? I read over the part where Haruhi was leaving, but I didn't get any hints that something bad was going to happen. Unless this is revealed in a later volume I haven't read yet, then that would probably explain it. I'm still waiting on volume 4 to finish, but I already read everything else based on the timeline given on the order of the chapters and books.
After re-reading this again, this is a thought I came up with, which might be totally off so be gentle if I'm wrong.
Spoiler! :
Since the world follows what ever desires or whims Haruhi desires, it can probably be speculated that on the day of August 31st, since she didn't require anyone to meet together, she spent the whole day wishing that summer wouldn't end because of whatever thing she didn't manage to finish. I have no clue what that unfinished thing could possibly be, and I doubt it was homework since she was already done. But because Kyon intervened by having everyone meet on that day, she was distracted from wishing that summer wouldn't end. Thus, since there was no whim or desire from her on Aug 31st, the world didn't have to repeat the two weeks again.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

There is no freak accident, Haruhi just simply wishes that summer never ended at the end of summer, causing a repeat loop in time when it reaches the end, until the circumstances are met to cause her to not want anymore summer. If this were to ever happen though, Kyon would simply believe that nothing happened and school came right after, because of loss of thoughts of all previous cycles. So if another repeat cycle were to occur in the novel... it'd always be the final loop.
jinalbert
Astral Realm

Post by jinalbert »

Like guest said, no such mention of a freak accident... merely a random situation that I thought of.

By the way, do Japanese schools begin in September?
BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

actually, Japanese schools start in April..^^

which is why MoHS starts in April..=P

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”