涼宮ハルヒ

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Astral Realm

涼宮ハルヒ

Post by guest »

2nd season, I assume.
could anyone read, what it says below returns, I am not that great with Kanji yet.
SubordinateFive
Astral Realm

Post by SubordinateFive »

Yes, it looks like there could be a second season. I can barely read what's under the RETURNS!! part, since most of the kanji are blurry in this scan. (Not your fault. Text doesn't scan/scale well. Ever tried to read Chinese fine print?)

Anyway, here's what I can decipher:

Romaji
[Haruhi] wa mada owaranai!? Ishihara Ritsuya ... ROKEHAN ... shokoukai.

English
"Haruhi" is still not over!? Ishihara Ritsuya ... location hunting ... first public presentation.

Translator's notes
Ishihara Ritsuya (Japanese name order) is a production director at Kyoto Animation.

Any native speakers, feel free to take over.

P.S. Is this your copy of the magazine? There seems to be a list of the 100 most popular anime in this issue. (It's mentioned in the red text below RETURNS!!) Can you PM me the list or the scanned pages of that article? (Legal bits: I promise this is for my own personal use and I'm not going to upload it.) I'm just curious. Thanks!
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN FOOLED!

This is nothing but a clever (or absurd) marketing ploy by Kyo-Ani and Newtype to lure unsuspecting otakus to buy the second......DVD, not season of SuzuHaru.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

you are so wrong on that point.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

how so? :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
GrimaH
Astral Realm

Post by GrimaH »

Kinny Riddle wrote:YOU HAVE ALL BEEN FOOLED!

This is nothing but a clever (or absurd) marketing ploy by Kyo-Ani and Newtype to lure unsuspecting otakus to buy the second......DVD, not season of SuzuHaru.
Evidence? :?
Though I have no doubt in my mind that they will release a second season. It's just a matter of when.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

Because I don't believe in conspiracies. :P lol
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

GrimaH wrote:
Kinny Riddle wrote:YOU HAVE ALL BEEN FOOLED!

Evidence? :?
Though I have no doubt in my mind that they will release a second season. It's just a matter of when.
What do you mean evidence? Kyo-Ani is busy doing the remake of Kanon now and will be doing a series called Lucky Star once they're done with Kanon 2006. Not to mention the possibility of a third (or fourth, if you count Fumoffu) Full Metal Panic series. That's evidence enough that the second series won't be made for some time yet in the next year or so. It's too early for the marketing people to go around and advertise for a second season that no one has even thought og working on.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”