Common Japanese Term additions

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

harunako
Astral Realm

Common Japanese Term additions

Post by harunako »

Three terms occuring frequently in Haruhi series, that I believe common Japanese translatons should be agreed upon:

1. spell 呪文 (Nagato's l33t weapon)

2. sending fresh enrichment into my heart 新鮮な潤いを私の心に届けてくれる (Mikuru Effect to Kyon)

3. Computer Society コンピュータ研 (the evil anti-Haruhi organization)

Dun have the time to search for other translator's terms in the published translations. However, appreicate if this can be agreed upon and put on wiki page.
GDsMDDLFNGR
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by GDsMDDLFNGR »

1. "Spell" sounds good to me! :D

2. Haven't encountered this myself.

3. The full name of the club is コンピュータ研究部, and they call it コンピュータ研 for short. I've taken to "Computer Research Group," with "Computer Club" for short (although they technically use the first kanji "研" rather than "部"). Actually... I looked at it again and it seems I've been using different terms in different places :lol: so, yeah, I guess we need some standard for this. :)
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

I dont see any problem with those, if no one has any objection to those It will go up.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”