The title of Volume 10

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

LQY
Astral Realm

The title of Volume 10

Post by LQY »

That's why Haruhi Suzumiya is astonishment because it is beginning of end of the world......
Spoiler! :
Well, it is only 9 days left and new update will be soon^^
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

I bet that isn't an official illustration.

Edit: Even looks fake . . .
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Spoiler! :
Man, Saksai is so hot, guess she got all the good looks in the alternate SOS brigade.
pxstg
Astral Realm

Post by pxstg »

Interesting... but I agree, this looks almost definitely fake. It doesn't really look like Noizi Ito's style.

Look at this pic, generally the style is less angular. Sasaki's eyelashes are way shorter and less pointy, also she has a peak in her hair and the colors are a bit different (frills on cut of shirt are darker purple than rest etc.)
LQY
Astral Realm

Post by LQY »

Spoiler! :
Of course, it is just a joke but I am using it to get everybody's attention for furthermore updating.
Anyway, I hope the V.10 will be really to release at June 26th and I hope the book would be a lot of thicker than V.9.

V.9 left too many things unexplained and it is hard to think it will be ended so soon.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Another thing we have to decide about Vol 10 is the title.... the 'Surprise' of Suzumiya Haruhi doesn't sound too interesting to me...
/me claws out throat and dies
magus
Astral Realm

Post by magus »

Spoiler! :
Hmhmhm.... i wonder if that mistery girl is a time traveler or a slider...... maybe she's both :shock:
How about "The Astonishment Of Suzumiya Haruhi" if suprise sounds plain? :?
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Isn't that just what LQY said it was called?
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

The main page lists it as 'The Surprise of Suzumiya Haruhi, which is really bland imo (at least, compared to dissociation).
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Using the NJStar Japanese Word Processor, I was able to come up with a couple of other possible translations. They are "The Fright of Suzumiya Haruhi" and "The Shock of Suzumiya Haruhi." Frankly, I am kind of partial to the latter of the two. I do agree with HC though; "surprise" is bland and does not seem to quite run with the flow of the titles for the past novels. Although "surprise" seems to follow the flow of describing emotions for titles, it is not as strong as "melancholy" for example. I have read that Tanigawa Nagaru tries to match the title with the mood of the novel. I do not know so much about that all the time. Some of the titles are kind of fitted loosely to the mood it seems.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

I look forward to more updates from LQY. The last batch he gave for Vol. 9 were very interesting.
pxstg
Astral Realm

Post by pxstg »

I think we ought to hold off on deciding anything until the actual novel comes out, then we can see which actually fits the contents best.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Yeah, but some speculation can't hurt :D
LQY
Astral Realm

Post by LQY »

magus wrote:
Spoiler! :
Hmhmhm.... i wonder if that mistery girl is a time traveler or a slider...... maybe she's both :shock:
Spoiler! :
That mysterious girl who is in the Beta part is a slider. If she is a slider and she knew Kyon in other world, I wonder that she is the alternate Kyon in the silder's world:P
If my guess is correct, it would be more chaotic than before......
magus
Astral Realm

Post by magus »

LQY wrote:[/spoiler]
Spoiler! :
That mysterious girl who is in the Beta part is a slider. If she is a slider and she knew Kyon in other world, I wonder that she is the alternate Kyon in the silder's world:P
If my guess is correct, it would be more chaotic than before......
Spoiler! :
probablly..... but she did turn up for the SOS Dan recruit thing......... that why i think she's both :lol:

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”