Volume 10?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Re: Volume 10?

Post by fiendmaw »

Maybe because we have a full group of antagonists.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

fiendmaw wrote:Maybe because we have a full group of antagonists.
Wait, confused. Are you saying that's why it's going to end or why it can't?
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
fiendmaw wrote:Maybe because we have a full group of antagonists.
Wait, confused. Are you saying that's why it's going to end or why it can't?
I would go with the first,right now the clouds are gathering up and the storm will come soon.
Something has to happen if not for the ending then something really groundbreaking,
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

fiendmaw wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote: Wait, confused. Are you saying that's why it's going to end or why it can't?
I would go with the first,right now the clouds are gathering up and the storm will come soon.
Something has to happen if not for the ending then something really groundbreaking,
Despite the fact that said antagonists have had little buildup and don't really fit in with the series themes?

I will agree, though, that SOMETHING is going to happen.

Agggh, I can't wait for Vol.10 to come out so as to prove me right.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Yea it's really annoying,the 9th novel had a cliffhanger.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

fiendmaw wrote:Yea it's really annoying,the 9th novel had a cliffhanger.
I still think he was forced to split them up because of the length...
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

If the series isn't ending, then at the very least, Volume 10 will change EVERYTHING. That much can be agreed on. If the Dark SOS-dan isn't lying out their asses about Sasaki's nature, things are gonna go over 9000 on the 1-to-10 Epic-Meter.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

AuraTwilight wrote:If the series isn't ending, then at the very least, Volume 10 will change EVERYTHING. That much can be agreed on. If the Dark SOS-dan isn't lying out their asses about Sasaki's nature, things are gonna go over 9000 on the 1-to-10 Epic-Meter.
Which will make Vol.10 THE BEST BOOK EVER.

Man, I can't wait...
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

The best...or the last....but it's something to look forward to no matter how you take it.
IrishHaremOtaku
Astral Realm

Post by IrishHaremOtaku »

Well.....I go away for a while and the word attempts to end itself...
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Re:

Post by deskoh91 »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:THERE IS NO EVIDENCE.

This misunderstanding seems to extend from the line "the story is to be concluded in the next novel" on Wikipedia's entry. What that means is Vol.9's story, not the whole series.

Also, you don't just introduce a whole bunch of new characters and then END the story, that's just stupid. Add that to the foreshadowing of future plots in previous volumes, and, yeah.

Volume 10 will not be the last volume or I'll eat my own ears.
I am sure I put "To be continued in "The Astonishment of Suzumiya Haruhi"". and I am also pretty sure the story would NOT end in V10. it is simply way too premature with all these new characters introduced and this new slider girl. trying to tie so many strings up in one volume is not just challenging, it is pure madness. what's more, we JUST started second year.

I stand by Kaisos Erranon's opinion of Kadokawa bureaucracy. this arc should have been written as a whole by Tanigawa LONG AGO but Kadokawa decided they could earn more money by splitting the story into two and twisted his hands into doing so. (OT: suddenly realised a pun, the "Dissociation/Splitting" could be referring to the split into two books other than the two storylines) it is also most likely meant to coincide with the second season of Haruhi anime.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Re: Re:

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

deskoh91 wrote: I am sure I put "To be continued in "The Astonishment of Suzumiya Haruhi"". and I am also pretty sure the story would NOT end in V10. it is simply way too premature with all these new characters introduced and this new slider girl. trying to tie so many strings up in one volume is not just challenging, it is pure madness. what's more, we JUST started second year.

I stand by Kaisos Erranon's opinion of Kadokawa bureaucracy. this arc should have been written as a whole by Tanigawa LONG AGO but Kadokawa decided they could earn more money by splitting the story into two and twisted his hands into doing so. (OT: suddenly realised a pun, the "Dissociation/Splitting" could be referring to the split into two books other than the two storylines) it is also most likely meant to coincide with the second season of Haruhi anime.
Thank you.

Also, not THIS wiki, the Other Wiki. The line at the end of the synopsis here.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

From what deskoh said Volume 10 sounds more like 9.5.
Zyzzyva165
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Errr...I noticed that the Korean version of SZ Volume 10 is already done. Does that mean that Volume 10 is already out?
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
joay_b
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by joay_b »

If that's the case, then I would have already found its release date from the latest issue of The Sneaker.
まず隗より始めよ。

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”