Season 2--May 24th

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Season 2--May 24th

Post by shichinanatsu »

well, i hope with all i have that the Endless Eight ends with this week's ep.. i can imagine otaku watching it live, anticipating a change in the ep's layout to give way for the last scenarios of EE i.e. SOS Dan cram session in kyon's room. otherwise i would think there'd be a sudden spike in incidents of late-night TV destruction :lol:
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

I'm betting on a 13-episode streak of endless eights followed by a 24 episode season 2. (Anyone else noticed Kyoani didn't announce an upcoming series for the coming season)
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Ambi Valent
Astral Realm

Post by Ambi Valent »

Beware the talking cat wrote:I'm betting on a 13-episode streak of endless eights followed by a 24 episode season 2. (Anyone else noticed Kyoani didn't announce an upcoming series for the coming season)
I'd bet against it and say we get 4 or 5 parts of "Sigh" after the 8th or 9th EE episode... but I'm with you on the season 2 - without it, Haruhi can't get enough mana to survive the next hiatus.
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Thank f*ck it's finally over - the Endless Summer, that is.

Only 5 more new episode slots available. Either they drop Sighs, or there's not gonna be any more room for Disappearance. I suspect there won't be Disappearance in this "re-run", but will be in a "new series" instead.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Technically this still isn't a second season. Just a "renewed airing".

When they finally air Disappearance, everyone will have long forgotten about E8. Maybe.
Akirasav
Astral Realm

Post by Akirasav »

The wait made the ending all the more sweeter. :mrgreen:
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

It ends?! Yey~

lol Akirasav, nice sig.
Akirasav
Astral Realm

Post by Akirasav »

Dan wrote:It ends?! Yey~

lol Akirasav, nice sig.
Thanks, I thought so too :mrgreen:

On the downside, we might still not get any new eps for a few weeks assuming The Sighs is skipped.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

everything - the worthwhile and the worthless - comes to an end.. its only a question of which better describes your opinion of EE.. 8)

though, i think KyoAni's already hinting something..
Spoiler! :
in the light novel canon, the entire focus is on haruhi - as her status of title character deserves. however, that goes quite against KyoAni's anime canon. why so? the choice of volumes and chapters in s1 can lead one to believe that the underlying theme of s1 is the exposition of haruhi's power, i.e. she is the bishoujo that can make fiction into reality. now, given that KyoAni's apparently marketing s2 - with its flagbearer v4 - as a yuki-centric, it might be that they drop v2 from s2, to be used in a possible s3. why so? the focus of v2 is the exercise of haruhi's power, i.e. how far her reality-bending can really go. the same used to apply in EE - albeit in the LN canon - but KyoAni somehow pulled off a change of theme so that EE would highlight yuki's suffering throughout the arc.

outcome? next week's ep would be the movie/ep00, followed by the rest, until a possibly-redone Someday in the Rain, and the much-awaited v4. in doing that, KyoAni can still plan another re-airing for the next season, i.e. merging all the material of s1 and s2, mixed with s3, in effect building in succession the entire storyline of SHnY
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

DVD numbers already confirm we're not getting Disappearance before October, at the earliest.

So next week is either Sighs or an anime-original Sports Day.

Hoping for the latter.
Ambi Valent
Astral Realm

Post by Ambi Valent »

I don't think "Sighs" will be moved to a later season... it wouldn't fit in chronologically, and from the focus on Haruhi, and from the behavior of the characters. I guess "Sighs" will be a part of season one, unless it somehow gets replaced by anime-original episodes or Haruhi theater (but we just had lots of extra episodes, so I don't get that will happen).
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

To be honest, I don't think EE focused on anyone. I certainly felt sorry for Yuki everytime she took the spotlight, but the only thing I took from each episode was "Ah, seems like they are having a fun ending to summer vacation again." There wasn't any character developement, and we learned the same thing each and every episode. Granted, I haven't watched the last one yet.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Watch it. It was epic.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

*Wakes up from an endless Yuuko Goto meowing(poor thing)*
What?
It's over?
Where....am I?
Ambi Valent
Astral Realm

Post by Ambi Valent »

I wonder what's the meaning of the word-for-word reenactment of several conversations. KyoAni worked hard to make the animation different each time, so why are the conversations repeated? Of course it could be simple trolling... or the characters remember the previous time subconsciously... or they act that way because Haruhi programmed them to act like that, which usually wouldn't be noticed, but in this loop becomes obvious.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”