A Kyon x Haruhi Pair up will never happen.

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Re: A Kyon x Haruhi Pair up will never happen.

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Rectifier wrote:
Did you actually mean Kyon and Haruhi? Because the rest of your post doesn't seem to fit that...
Well theoretically if Haruhi gained "self-awareness" all hell could break lose. Kyon really doesn't care either way, but I think he'd rather she figured it out herself if at all. The real block part is from the others who want it all to stay secret (each for their own reasons), so Kyon basically restrains himself for their sake.
I don't think he really likes her, at least not yet.

They ARE a cute couple, though.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
Rectifier wrote: Well theoretically if Haruhi gained "self-awareness" all hell could break lose. Kyon really doesn't care either way, but I think he'd rather she figured it out herself if at all. The real block part is from the others who want it all to stay secret (each for their own reasons), so Kyon basically restrains himself for their sake.
I don't think he really likes her, at least not yet.

They ARE a cute couple, though.
your right, kyon THINKS he doesn't like Haruhi, but subconsciously we can tell already that he does, and even more you could say.

action speak louder then words, the way he tolerates her dragging him around with his tie, just as every girl in the school probably knows Kyon is at the very leased, that haruhi has advanced "bookings" with him, that's why i guess none of the girls would make a move on Kyon because of this.

Its obvious to everyone including the readers, except to Kyon and Haruhi.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

onizuka-gto wrote: your right, kyon THINKS he doesn't like Haruhi, but subconsciously we can tell already that he does, and even more you could say.

action speak louder then words, the way he tolerates her dragging him around with his tie, just as every girl in the school probably knows Kyon is at the very leased, that haruhi has advanced "bookings" with him, that's why i guess none of the girls would make a move on Kyon because of this.

Its obvious to everyone including the readers, except to Kyon and Haruhi.

Especially obvious during the Live a Live episode where the girls called Kyon Haruhi's "friend."
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Vol.4?

As I recall, Yukiverse Koizumi (basically) told Kyon that Haruhi was HIS and that Kyon should go shove off.

As I've said before, Koizumi only does that to make Kyon uncomfortable. That, and he's probably bi.
I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that, since Yukiverse was Yuki's vision of Kyon's ideal world, and any dipstick can see that Koizumi's advances piss him off.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Vol.4?

As I recall, Yukiverse Koizumi (basically) told Kyon that Haruhi was HIS and that Kyon should go shove off.

As I've said before, Koizumi only does that to make Kyon uncomfortable. That, and he's probably bi.
I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that, since Yukiverse was Yuki's vision of Kyon's ideal world, and any dipstick can see that Koizumi's advances piss him off.
Yuki had no control over their personalities, only their situation, IIRC.

Besides, who says Koizumi's "advances" make him automatically gay? My friends and I come on to each other jokingly all the time, and we're not gay.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote: I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that, since Yukiverse was Yuki's vision of Kyon's ideal world, and any dipstick can see that Koizumi's advances piss him off.

Besides, who says Koizumi's "advances" make him automatically gay? My friends and I come on to each other jokingly all the time, and we're not gay.
of course its not gay, your just bi-curious.

perfectly normal for two male friends to fondle each other and hump them from behind when they aren't looking or asleep. As long as you shout "Surprise!" its all ok.

:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

onizuka-gto wrote: of course its not gay, your just bi-curious.

perfectly normal for two male friends to fondle each other and hump them from behind when they aren't looking or asleep. As long as you shout "Surprise!" its all ok.
-_- That wasn't what I meant...
TUNAFISHISGOOD
Astral Realm

Post by TUNAFISHISGOOD »

Naw, it's very natural for friends to do that with eachother... Usually It's just goofing around..
of course if it happened in a serious manner, it would be troubling.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yuki had pretty much usurped Haruhi's position as God Almighty during that story-arc, she can do whatever the hell she wants with anything.
lolfahgz :-D
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Yuki had pretty much usurped Haruhi's position as God Almighty during that story-arc, she can do whatever the hell she wants with anything.
Good point, but I still don't think she changed anything about Koizumi's personality.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well then who knows? Maybe not even guys are immune to Kyon's Harem Powers, or maybe Haruhi's just a faghag.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

AuraTwilight wrote:Well then who knows? Maybe not even guys are immune to Kyon's Harem Powers, or maybe Haruhi's just a faghag.
Or maybe he's just joking around to make Kyon, who's a homophobe, feel uncomfortable.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:Or maybe he's just joking around to make Kyon, who's a homophobe, feel uncomfortable.
Thats an interesting angle, shallow, but it might hold more truth than meets the eye, are there any other instances of Koizumi secretly hating/being jealous of Kyon (he is his god's chosen one, jealousy is highly probable because followers want favor with their gods) to add evidence to this?
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by shichinanatsu »

Rectifier wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote:Or maybe he's just joking around to make Kyon, who's a homophobe, feel uncomfortable.
Thats an interesting angle, shallow, but it might hold more truth than meets the eye, are there any other instances of Koizumi secretly hating/being jealous of Kyon (he is his god's chosen one, jealousy is highly probable because followers want favor with their gods) to add evidence to this?
hmm.. though koizumi makes it seem to look like he's freudian-slipping how he likes haruhi as a girl around kyon (v1, endless eight, v4, and others i might have missed..) it's really hard to conclude whether he's just projecting his feelings for her at kyon, he's subtly trying to have kyon realize he needs to step up and actively pursue haruhi, or he's just trying to deny the fact that he's really brokeback for kyon..

so yeah, koizumi's fondness for psychoanalysis is a nice part of his characterization, but there are just times when it doesn't apply.. besides, since haruhi's starting to 'grow up', kyon's gradually getting the upper hand at reading Haruhi, hell, he can think like her if really wanted to.

and another thing.. koizumi may not exactly be envious/jealous of kyon, he may really just be envious of haruhi et al (i didn't include jealousy for reasons apparent) i mean, all the other four are developing, growing up, slowly but surely realizing their humanity and potential, while he's just there, with a mask of (probably fake) interest, seemingly immune to bursts of emotions, maybe trying to hide his real lack by acting cool in times of confusion and crisis..

though i'd love to see some koizumi development in v10, i don't want author-san implying a kyon-koizumi.. that'd be so awkward (he did so with yuki and mikuru in v4 and v6, respectively)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Rectifier wrote:
He mentions that he's jealous several times during the novels. Kyon thinks he's joking, due to the constant smile.

Then there's the line in Endless Eight about how if Kyon won't come on to Haruhi to save the world, he'd do it himself. He then "shrieks with laughter", according to Kyon. A lot of people cover up their sadness with laughter.

Koizumi is my favorite character. He's so damned tragic and complex and needs more author love.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”