Explanation at why Nagato-san airwaves her mouse...

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Mr.Pringles
Astral Realm

Explanation at why Nagato-san airwaves her mouse...

Post by Mr.Pringles »

Not sure if I am to post here, but I just found it at youtube and found it very funny. Never noticed it before :X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQSypUaOxbk
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

She air waves it because she doesn't know how to use a computer yet, and is attempting to use it. She's also partly influenced by the movie they just made (notice the mouse movements are the same as the wand movements).
Mr.Pringles
Astral Realm

Post by Mr.Pringles »

Guest lol wrote:She air waves it because she doesn't know how to use a computer yet, and is attempting to use it. She's also partly influenced by the movie they just made (notice the mouse movements are the same as the wand movements).
Yea, but did you see the link I've posted? There u'll see Kyon airwaving the mouse before the "Day of Sagittarius" game; it makes more sense that she simply saw Kyon move the mouse that way, and thought that was how it was used. why would a mouse operate the same way as a wand would? o_O
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

Mr.Pringles wrote:
Guest lol wrote:She air waves it because she doesn't know how to use a computer yet, and is attempting to use it. She's also partly influenced by the movie they just made (notice the mouse movements are the same as the wand movements).
Yea, but did you see the link I've posted? There u'll see Kyon airwaving the mouse before the "Day of Sagittarius" game; it makes more sense that she simply saw Kyon move the mouse that way, and thought that was how it was used. why would a mouse operate the same way as a wand would? o_O
By juxtaposing those two scenes, the video certainly suggests that, but there's really no way to be certain. As for myself, I'm happy to leave it at "Awww, that's so cute. She's waving the mouse in the air. Bless!"

It also reminded me of that scene in "Star IV: The One With The Whales", where Scotty tries to control the Mac by speaking into the mouse.

PS Airwaving is my third favourite new word for this year so far. Thanks for that.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

I stand corrected... lol I didn't watch the video >_>

So yeah, I'd assume that the airwaving was due to seeing kyon do it.
Mr.Pringles
Astral Realm

Post by Mr.Pringles »

PS Airwaving is my third favourite new word for this year so far. Thanks for that.[/quote]

What are the other two? I'm curious! :lol:

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”