Hataraku Maou-sama!

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How was it?

I might try translating this
9%
Great
91%
Soso
1%
No good
No votes

Total votes: 936

shinikage
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Hataraku Maou-sama!

Post by shinikage »

Link to project : http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... Maou-sama!

Synopsis
The Demon Lord and one of his generals, Alsiel, escape through a portal to modern Tokyo, Japan after being confronted by the Hero Emilia Justina and her companions. However, due to the lack of magic in the modern contemporary world, both the Demon Lord and Alsiel change into forms representing what they would look like if they were human. In order to survive, the Demon Lord takes a part-time job in a fast food restaurant named MgRonald while Alsiel serves as a houseman. One day, the Demon Lord, who now goes by Sadao Maō, meets a girl who is actually the Hero Emilia, who now goes by Emi Yusa.

By Satoshi Wagahara, with illustrations by 029

Genre: Action, Comedy,

original post:
Spoiler! :
here is the synopsis
The Demon lord almost succeeds in conquering the world but is then defeated by the Hero and is sent to modern day Tokyo. Having no skills to survive in such a world, his adventure to live begins

so far i can get [contracted] and as far as i know it hasn't been licensed on english but it would be nice if someone from the baka-tsuki staff could verify this
Last edited by cautr on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:21 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: reset poll
TheCatWalk
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Hataraku Maou Sama

Post by TheCatWalk »

........i love this one >.< THE ANIME IS GONNA ROCK!!....i hope..
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
haxord
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by haxord »

So, this will be translated by BT?
I hope so. I try to find this Light novel afther watched the anime but with no success, so i'm looking forward to the translation of BT.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

haxord wrote:So, this will be translated by BT?
I hope so. I try to find this Light novel afther watched the anime but with no success, so i'm looking forward to the translation of BT.
It will be translated if someone want to translate it.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

I'm also looking forward for someone to volunteer their work onto BT.
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

~(=3=)~ i want a magic tree that grows translators.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Future Developments:
Spoiler! :
The Hero and the Demon Lord gets a "child". This "child" is actually a being of a higher level, born from a fragment. Due to a similar fragment in the Hero's sword, she calls the Hero "Mommy", and due to a past encounter, she calls the "Demon Lord" "Daddy".

And... you can kinda guess what happens when a baby finds out Mommy and Daddy don't get along?
Spoiler! :
The Hero was eventually known to be the actual bringer of Doom. This is because she is a cross-breed, between an angel and a human. As we do know, unless species are very similar, there is actually no way to reproduce. However, reproduction occured, so does it mean angels, or even Gods, are humans? If so, the divinity of the angel race is threatened, thus the angels/God is taking actions!
A very interesting novel. Funny, yet serious and good at the same time. Looking forward to future developments.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
iamtaicho
Reader

Post by iamtaicho »

ehhh. now that got me interested. but unless someone do the translations, we'll be left hanging. :(
ShadowZeroHeart

Personally, my favorite character in this series is the girl that adores/idolizes the Demon Lord at his workplace, Chiho Sasaki! The rest are nice and all, but shes the best!! Hope she has a bright future ahead of her!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Personally, my favorite character in this series is the girl that adores/idolizes the Demon Lord at his workplace, Chiho Sasaki! The rest are nice and all, but shes the best!! Hope she has a bright future ahead of her!
i dont like the love rival charas so no thanks =3=
btw,which chap does the child appear?i mean vol?..the one that calls them mom/dad...and is she..erm.....good?i mean on their side or is she something...evil?
and
p.s-i am with emi all the way,main heroine~ nyahaha~
ShadowZeroHeart

TheCatWalk wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Personally, my favorite character in this series is the girl that adores/idolizes the Demon Lord at his workplace, Chiho Sasaki! The rest are nice and all, but shes the best!! Hope she has a bright future ahead of her!
i dont like the love rival charas so no thanks =3=
btw,which chap does the child appear?i mean vol?..the one that calls them mom/dad...and is she..erm.....good?i mean on their side or is she something...evil?
and
p.s-i am with emi all the way,main heroine~ nyahaha~
Chiho is cute and nice~
Spoiler! :
Despite the Hero and Maou having all sorts of interactions, Chiho never gives up. Also, she is one of the few humans to know of their secrets, better yet, accepts the Maou despite the Maou he is! She provides great human support, so much so Maou's lackey even asked if she would like to consider moving with them to the other realm should the day come, and be one of the leaders for the Demon race!!
As for the child...

MAJOR SPOILER
Spoiler! :
Volume 3. Very cute, illustrations and behavior wise.

Later, when mommy is losing, being the same fragment that her sword uses, she then decides to become one with the sword to empower mommy up... Causing great grief for daddy who vowed to take care of her...

Only to their surprise, the "empowerment" is actually the baby EATING the sword itself, and thus took its place. Living inside of the Hero, and coming out as and when they want to.
As to whether "good" or "bad", it is really hard to say, like other novels, the line between good and evil is not that clear. As the peaceful Maou you see, he too is fighting for the peace of the Demon Race, as he has a painful childhood.
Spoiler! :
He might have encountered the Hero's Mother when he was young, and was in fact taught by her to feel and live. Which may be the reason why he is so emotional and humane in many ways. That may also be the reason that led to him striving to be Maou, to create a better Demon World. Can you blame him?

Of course, he blamed himself for getting carried away and losing something precious to him... Thus he vows never to lose sight of it again.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

thanks xD
now all i am gonna do is wait for the eps...i hope they continue till even after vol 3..
btw.....chiho..she is loosing the romancebattle right?right?maou and emi should damn be loving each other nyaaa!!!!
...-my signature-
ShadowZeroHeart

TheCatWalk wrote:thanks xD
now all i am gonna do is wait for the eps...i hope they continue till even after vol 3..
btw.....chiho..she is loosing the romancebattle right?right?maou and emi should damn be loving each other nyaaa!!!!
...-my signature-

Not exactly. From what I know, Maou and Emi have some things in common, which may lead to them being together. But the biggest reason is the baby mentioned earlier. Yet Chiho, despite knowing all these, helps to take care of the baby, treats Emi as a friend etc etc...

I believe the ending will not be Maou and Chiho are together, but Chiho is definitely a very nice girl.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:

Not exactly. From what I know, Maou and Emi have some things in common, which may lead to them being together. But the biggest reason is the baby mentioned earlier. Yet Chiho, despite knowing all these, helps to take care of the baby, treats Emi as a friend etc etc...

I believe the ending will not be Maou and Chiho are together, but Chiho is definitely a very nice girl.
thats enough for me to sleep peacefully tonight~thanks...gonna download the raws now~
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

HaiHai, Iet me in too!!!!!!!!!!
Patron God of NTRed

Return to “Teaser Feedback”