Translation poll

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
HimekoTachibana
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Translation poll

Post by HimekoTachibana »

Teh_Ping
First point, I do have to agree with that. However, it's just like school. One person starts a ruckus, everyone gets scolded...

Second point, I got an insult back for my efforts on a certain place...if he/she doesn't want to remove it, we'll let the place get all the attention and be in charge of all the translations...
I frequent most AW threads and several others besides me can vouch that we didn't even know that site existed until you posted it.

When looking at the internet, especially /a/, you shouldn't take everything that they say at face value. I'm 99% sure the person who responded to the link and insulted you on yesterday's thread isn't even the owner of the website and only purely wanted to insult you to make you angry, because that is what immature high school "trolls" do.

None of us want to rely on an unknown and unreliable source for the AW translations and me and several others don't care which LN you translate first because we will read them regardless. The AW fanbase isn't strictly just Accel World. Many AW fans also like Oda, Hagure, MuvLuv, FMP, etc. so the people who are bashing you and trolling you probably don't even WANT Accel World to become translated. They are just doing it because they are bored or they want to make people frustrated.

I can't speak for the rest of the night time community of /a/ (Past 12am in North America) but I for one am just thankful there are people like you who would translate full novels for free. I know others who have been making threads on /a/ to try and recruit translators to help the efforts, whether or not it's working we'll find out if the LNs get updates.

Lastly, the difference between a classroom full of kids and the internet is that classrooms have set rules and guidelines that affect real life where as if someone is an ass hole or (rotten apple) on the internet, it can't harm them, especially if they don't care.

Please take us who genuinely appreciate your work into consideration. Thank you.

Also, if worst comes to worst, nuke the website?
latos1117
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by latos1117 »

KuroiHikari wrote:We have moderation for users below 10 post. Hopefully it is. The new difference between the votes is probably because you can't vote for more than one in FB.

Ichigo that's harsh to reveal with vague details. Anyway, ping's on a roll of destruction, he rages when he sees someone profiting with our free work.

There's an certain accel world site with copied translation out there
Have to Admit i think you should it have made 2 votes not just one. But maybe is more organize this way. Well i know it harsh and all but cant we do something so that people cant copy the work done on BT?? like no coping text???
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

I'm sorry Kaioshin Sama but it's not because of AW fans and this pool that we are mad, well for my opinion. This tread was made to see which LN could Code-Zero translate, looking for the opinion of people. But this has simply became a spamming place. That's why it's now on Facebook. Oh also maybe should you read old post here...mine.. why AW votes are really suspicious...

@latos: we already had a talk about that on B-T and it's not possible.
latos1117
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by latos1117 »

Silimir wrote:I'm sorry Kaioshin Sama but it's not because of AW fans and this pool that we are mad, well for my opinion. This tread was made to see which LN could Code-Zero translate, looking for the opinion of people. But this has simply became a spamming place. That's why it's now on Facebook. Oh also maybe should you read old post here...mine.. why AW votes are really suspicious...

@latos: we already had a talk about that on B-T and it's not possible.
Damm it sucks it actually piss me off to know this since everyone her actually works hard and for them to not get credit and get their work stolen is just not right.
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

yeah... that's why it's strange... but if Code-Zero choose AW, then it will be AW :D Seems to be pretty popular LOL
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

HimekoTachibana wrote:Also, if worst comes to worst, nuke the website?
We can't, I'm not sure how DCMA works but I don't think BT has enough rights to utilize it.
latos1117 wrote:Have to Admit i think you should it have made 2 votes not just one. But maybe is more organize this way. Well i know it harsh and all but cant we do something so that people cant copy the work done on BT?? like no coping text???
Well, FB allows either multi-option-vote plus allowing users to add new options, or single option vote.

There's nothing much we can do about copying, but that site seemed to be passing off the AW works as his(?) to gather donations. I don't particularly care about the copying actually, but he's obviously trying to gain profit.

Edit:
hobogunner wrote:Would it be best to edit out this poll or are we leaving it up for a reason?
I'm leaving partially because I'm not sure to delete it or reduce the day lefts till voting can't be done, and probably that I'm lazy too.
latos1117
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by latos1117 »

KuroiHikari wrote:
HimekoTachibana wrote:Also, if worst comes to worst, nuke the website?
We can't, I'm not sure how DCMA works but I don't think BT has enough rights to utilize it.
latos1117 wrote:Have to Admit i think you should it have made 2 votes not just one. But maybe is more organize this way. Well i know it harsh and all but cant we do something so that people cant copy the work done on BT?? like no coping text???
Well, FB allows either multi-option-vote plus allowing users to add new options, or single option vote.

There's nothing much we can do about copying, but that site seemed to be passing off the AW works as his(?) to gather donations. I don't particularly care about the copying actually, but he's obviously trying to gain profit..
Well doesnt the DCMA prohibits people from copying or mirroring someone else work with out giving them any kind of credit???? and well i know both trying to make profit from some one else work is beyond forgiveness :evil: .
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

hobogunner wrote:Also, to report to C-Z about the way FB stands (top 4)-

Accel World - 295 - 41.2%
Oda Nobuna - 119 - 16.6%
Hagure - 80 - 11.1%
Muv Luv - 72 - 10%
Latest:
Accel World - 315
Oda Nobuna - 137
Hagure - 89
FMP - 85
------------------------------
Muv Luv - 75
latos1117 wrote:Well doesnt the DCMA prohibits people from copying or mirroring someone else work with out giving them any kind of credit???? and well i know both trying to make profit from some one else work is beyond forgiveness :evil: .
By legal definition, this isn't our work too.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Keep the poll here. No need to remove it anyway...
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Dalam
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: CSR

Post by Dalam »

Meh, whatever happens, happens, I suppose.
Even with spam, or people just voting to vote, lol, what's translated in the end is up to Code.
Find me on Hongfire if you want to chat more about stuff here. =V
latos1117
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by latos1117 »

KuroiHikari wrote:
Latest:
Accel World - 315
Oda Nobuna - 137
Hagure - 89
FMP - 85
Muv Luv - 75

By legal definition, this isn't our work too.
Well if the poll keeps up like this Oda May catch up with AW.

And yea that is true but we are Siting our work and sources which by law should make it legit.

Honestly im fine with any translation since the most important thing is for Code Zero to enjoy doing what he does, translate lol. and if he dont like the story who are we force him?? nobody.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

KuroiHikari wrote: Latest:
Accel World - 315
Oda Nobuna - 137
Hagure - 89
FMP - 85
Muv Luv - 75
Latest:
Accel World - 321
Oda Nobuna - 140
FMP - 92
Hagure - 90
Muv Luv - 80

FMP is now third!

@latos1117, there's a thread in the wiki/forum feedback section where you can request to move out of the new-user group.
latos1117
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by latos1117 »

KuroiHikari wrote:
FMP is now third!

@latos1117, there's a thread in the wiki/forum feedback section where you can request to move out of the new-user group.
As long as Hagure stay on the top 4 im fine with that. Maybe that one gets translated. && ok thank you ill go do that, is kind of tiring waiting for my post to be approve. lol
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

Kaioshin Sama wrote:
That said I can't help but find the attitude I'm seeing here towards Accel World's popularity and towards it's fanbase in this thread a little discouraging and can't help but fear that it's a dismissive one as well and that the B-T community is somewhat hostile towards the idea of continuing the Accel World translation project as a result of what's happened with the polling fraud and intimidation by the fanbase. It's unfortunate because I completely understand the frustration from both sides, there's clearly a large faction of people that would like to see more Accel World translated, but some of them are only creating resentment in how they try to convey this message, while likewise I can safely say that B-T has created the idea in certain circles though I'm sure it wasn't intended that they are spiteful towards the AW fanbase and will choose not to adapt Accel World even if it tops this poll by a wide margin and that likewise appears to be feeding resentment in the fan community. Thus what we appear to have is a vicious cycle that as a fan of Accel World I'm afraid may lead to even further prolonging the time it takes for this LN series to see further translation. It's unhealthy for the fandom and I hope there's reconciliation to be had and that it doesn't scare people off the project or result in any more harassment of the B-T staff.

Trust me....you are not the only one who feels that way. But the fact is that, the translation community here, is pretty much neutral towards Kawahara's works. There's no fanaticism for either SAO or AW in general.

What you see come mainly from the english-speaking fanbase and as you know, how bad a fanbase is is directly proportional to its size....

Well, more pressing concerns than reader-noise are more important in decision making

――罨――
阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
florza
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by florza »

Ultimately we aren't bound/obliged to translate what others want, though? No matter how many.

Edit; with the accel world issue really its a moot point.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”