Pandora Hearts: Caucus Race

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
99%
No (give reason)
No votes
Not Really (give reason)
1%

Total votes: 220

vermiliongrey
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Pandora Hearts: Caucus Race

Post by vermiliongrey »

Bakatsuki should look into translating the light novel for Pandora Hearts. It's called Pandora Hearts: Caucus Race.

Reason? Cause Pandora Hearts is the best Manga, and probably the best story, ever. Period. Of course, I'm not the only one who thinks so.

But seriously speaking: It's an incredibly popular manga with a huge and fanatical following (that's well deserved, because the story is truly amazing). Like all fanatical addicts, these people will do anything to get their next hit of PH. Translating the light novel will expose this huge mass of people to the light novel scene and since manga readers are the easiest to convert (since manga is more or less reading already), it'll be a good way to increase the light novel community. Think about it as providing the gateway drug, you lure them in with PH, then you give them a little HakoMari and then bam, chronic dependence.

It's not a lot of work either because it's only a single novel with 4 individual stories, so the work can be easily compartmentalized.

And if you haven't read Pandora Hearts yet, I highly suggest you do so. I don't know a single person who has read the first 3 volumes and not finished the entire series (up to its current point) cause the story is disgustingly good.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Re: Pandora Hearts: Caucus Race

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

vermiliongrey wrote: And if you haven't read Pandora Hearts yet, I highly suggest you do so. I don't know a single person who has read the first 3 volumes and not finished the entire series (up to its current point) cause the story is disgustingly good.
Now you do. I recall reading the first few volumes, but I think I didn't keep track of the updates, and its a dead series to me by now.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Favourite manga series in my case. Is the novel a spinoff or something?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
vermiliongrey
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by vermiliongrey »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
vermiliongrey wrote: And if you haven't read Pandora Hearts yet, I highly suggest you do so. I don't know a single person who has read the first 3 volumes and not finished the entire series (up to its current point) cause the story is disgustingly good.
Now you do. I recall reading the first few volumes, but I think I didn't keep track of the updates, and its a dead series to me by now.
yo, lies. I don't believe you.

But if what your saying is somehow true, you should give it a second chance. I know suggestions from a stranger means little, but the suggestions of over 5302 strangers should speak some volume (plus another 500 here).
Kira0802 wrote:Favourite manga series in my case. Is the novel a spinoff or something?
Nope, its part of the main story. They're just stories that cover characters whilst they are off-screen. So basically, the novel fleshes out the background and the characters.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Alright, I'm sorry to tell you, but even if you're insistent on having this series translated, you need to get a translator who's willing to help. We can't designate translators because we don't have any control over them. Also, I would like to tell you that you need to understand that not everyone will have the same tastes and interests as you, so you shouldn't go about saying that this series should be translated because 'everyone is supposed to like this'. Thank you very much.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Ping...are you in a bad mood? Because you seem pretty irritated here and on Facebook.

Well, I guess that it'd be great to have it translated. How many volumes?
Kira0802

vermiliongrey
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by vermiliongrey »

Kira0802 wrote:Ping...are you in a bad mood? Because you seem pretty irritated here and on Facebook.

Well, I guess that it'd be great to have it translated. How many volumes?
There is currently 1 volume out and there is a second volume in the works
Teh_ping wrote:Alright, I'm sorry to tell you, but even if you're insistent on having this series translated, you need to get a translator who's willing to help. We can't designate translators because we don't have any control over them. Also, I would like to tell you that you need to understand that not everyone will have the same tastes and interests as you, so you shouldn't go about saying that this series should be translated because 'everyone is supposed to like this'. Thank you very much.
I understand, at the same time, how could you possibly justify translating one novel over another? The only way is to show there is demand and that the work is good, which the ubiquitous praise no doubt proves.

Although I don't have a translator, the purpose of this thread was to hopefully find a translator who's interested.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Quickly went through the first volume, basically a collection of short stories.
Kira0802

vermiliongrey
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by vermiliongrey »

Are the stories interesting? And more importantly; does my bro Reim Lunettes make an appearance?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

vermiliongrey wrote:Are the stories interesting? And more importantly; does my bro Reim Lunettes make an appearance?
I don't know, haven't read them. Just searched some Chinese translations and tried to see if the translation wouldbe easy. I'd say that the paragraphs don't get pass 2 lines (in Chinese) and are fairly easy.
Kira0802

vermiliongrey
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by vermiliongrey »

hmmmm, any chance you can link me to the Chinese translations?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

vermiliongrey wrote: how could you possibly justify translating one novel over another? The only way is to show there is demand and that the work is good, which the ubiquitous praise no doubt proves.
That would may be true if we werent Baka-Tsuki but a publisher, but even for a publisher wouldnt that be enough some thousend units would be a very expensive mini edition.

But here at Baka-Tsuki (usually) only the translater decides what he or she want to translate.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Akirina
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Shounen Onmyouji, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Rental Magica

Post by Akirina »

Sorry to revive a thread that has been dead for... 3 months? I'd love to help translate... But unfortunately, I am only available from around November 17 onwards... Is it still possible for me if I take this up, then?
Sing the praise of heroes, curse the names of the betrayers...
This is the way how history is written.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Sure - better later than never... ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Akirina
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Shounen Onmyouji, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Rental Magica

Post by Akirina »

Okay, :) then I'll be back during November with more (hopefully) on this.
Sing the praise of heroes, curse the names of the betrayers...
This is the way how history is written.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”