Atelier Rorona: Rorona to Idai na Renkinjyutsushi

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
100%
Not really (please give a reason)
No votes
No (please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 40

CatzCradle
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Atelier Rorona: Rorona to Idai na Renkinjyutsushi

Post by CatzCradle »

Title : Atelier Rorona: Rorona and the Great Alchemist
Year : 2010
Number of volumes : 1
Language: Japanese
Pages : About 256 pages (No Missing Page)
Notes: Based on the PS3 game "Atelier Rorona"

I know it's a very slim chance, but here's to hoping there are any Atelier fans here. ;)
Also, as much as I would like to add a summary or an English title, I'm afraid my Japanese skills (or lack of) prevents me from doing so. :P

Some pictures (click for a bigger view):

(thanks to Doraneko for the title!)
Last edited by CatzCradle on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doraneko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Atelier Rorona: Rorona to Idai na Renkinjyutsushi

Post by Doraneko »

Rorona is always so cute. Good luck with finding a translator for the series. :)

I have added a poll for you. A literal reading of the title in English is "Atelier Rorona: Rorona and the Great Alchemist".

Btw a sample of the novel with the first 14 pages is available here:
http://www004.upp.so-net.ne.jp/tokeneko ... sample.pdf
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
CatzCradle
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by CatzCradle »

Doraneko wrote:Rorona is always so cute. Good luck with finding a translator for the series. :)

I have added a poll for you. A literal reading of the title in English is "Rorona: Rorona and the Great Alchemist".

Btw a sample of the novel with the first 14 pages is available here:
http://www004.upp.so-net.ne.jp/tokeneko ... sample.pdf
Thanks so much for the poll and the translation! And the link was definitely very useful~ ;D

Thanks again for your help!~ :D
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

What is the game about?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Darklor wrote:What is the game about?
Cant recall if its Rorona or her master? Got fished out from the sea or something, and taught alchemy. Then you play as the disciple I think, and do alchemy to make the country better, doing requests by people and all?

Not too sure, I gave up on even considering the game once I heard that it is in a 2 or 3 year time frame like the DS atelier... Kinda waste. I prefer it being a one-time game and letting you explore to your heart's content.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
CatzCradle
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by CatzCradle »

Darklor wrote:What is the game about?
If you've played Recettear, the gameplay is somewhat similar. You play the role of the alchemist setting up her own shop by buying/gathering your own ingredients and combining by alchemy, to make special items such as weapons, food and other miscellaneous objects for other people's request and contests. But the gameplay focuses more on the business side, and less emphasize is put on the rpg element which is more of a background kind of thing (which imo, the way you choose teammates among the characters, I felt was very similar to Recettear). Also, Mel Kishida's artwork for the game is especially gorgeous (some quick examples)! ;)

And if you have a DS, you should definitely check out Atelier Annie to get a taste of the series~
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Not too sure, I gave up on even considering the game once I heard that it is in a 2 or 3 year time frame like the DS atelier... Kinda waste. I prefer it being a one-time game and letting you explore to your heart's content.
Really? I always thought the time frame they gave was quite fair since time passes so quickly in the game. And I believe you can still explore things in the rpg side when gathering new ingredients. :P
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah, sorry for the confusion, I was just curious what sort of game that is. ;) (Ah, I think I remember now that I already heard of that somewhere - But werent really interested in this sort of game - sounded like too much business to be fun. ;) And I dont even own a DS ;))

Darklor

CatzCradle
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by CatzCradle »

Darklor wrote:Ah, sorry for the confusion, I was just curious what sort of game that is. ;) (I couldnt play those even if I were interested, since I cant play in Japanese since I wouldnt understand anything. And I dont even own a DS ;))
I can't play in Japanese either lol. But both Atelier Rorona and Atelier Annie are available in English. ;)

Edit. Oops, nevermind then. Please delete/ignore this then. :P
Last edited by CatzCradle on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Found that already out see the changes above ;)

Darklor

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

CatzCradle wrote: And if you have a DS, you should definitely check out Atelier Annie to get a taste of the series~
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Not too sure, I gave up on even considering the game once I heard that it is in a 2 or 3 year time frame like the DS atelier... Kinda waste. I prefer it being a one-time game and letting you explore to your heart's content.
Really? I always thought the time frame they gave was quite fair since time passes so quickly in the game. And I believe you can still explore things in the rpg side when gathering new ingredients. :P
For the DS version, I missed a single event that is only possible in a certain time of a specific year, so I didn't get a good ending I was expecting. You need several plays to just get a gist of it, provided you don't read guides. And replaying it over and over isn't exactly that great, I would rather they make the time pass more slowly, but make it a long and enjoyable one-time game. Its replay level is not that great.

P.S. this is my opinion of the DS game. Seeing how closely Rorona seems to resemble the game made me give up the idea of even trying it, so these comments are likely to be very wrong. Personally, I didn't like the DS version much, but since its DS, I figured we shouldnt ask for that much...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
caitnap
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by caitnap »

I love atelier series, although sadly I don't own ps3 due to priorities problem (this few years, I need to use a lot of money to buy stuff for school)

I can't play it even I want to,so at least I want to read the story.

I play the ps2 version, atelier iris 1-3.it's RPG,just my cup of tea.
I absolutely love the 1st and 2nd. if you hate atelier annie,you might love this one, I like it how you can make stuff XD

I loathe atelier annie though,i don't understand that one ( i have no idea what I should do in there beside making stuff) and I hate annie. but gameplay has nothing to do with stories.

this is the manga version,you can try read the manga and see whether it's interesting or not
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=49177

summary:
Based on the PS3 RPG, this tells the story of the young, somewhat lazy alchemist Rorona. Rorona lives in the small kingdom of Arland, with her teacher Astrid and a helper called Hom. Unfortunately for Rorona, Alchemy is not as popular as it once was, and the government has given her atelier a three year review period to prove that it should not be shut down. Rorona lives peacefully amidst her numerous friends while she tries her best to prove the usefulness of alchemy. She works to complete the tasks assigned to her by the government, in addition to helping out various townspeople. Though she messes up sometimes, and occasionally slacks off, she’ll try her best to protect her atelier!

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”