Futari de Hajimeru

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you wish to see this Novel Translated?

Yes
83%
Maybe
No votes
No way this just isn't kosher
17%

Total votes: 6

phallus99
Astral Realm

Futari de Hajimeru

Post by phallus99 »

Author: Okazaki Noboru
Artist: Unkown

Summary: My name is Ryuta Akao. On the first day of high school, a female in class came to talk to me. "Do you still remember me? My name is Chisa, I was your classmate in kindergarten. You even assisted me in finding a ring back then." Chisa is a girl that seems a little shy, but she is very cute when she smiles, and her body is well-developed, and so I, Chisa, my childhood friend Alice, class leader Takatsuki shared a wonderful high school life. One day, Chisa's parents died from an accident, in order to console Chisa, I volunteer to help her in any way, yet unexpectedly, Chisa actually made a request as well, requesting me to take over the world with her......!

My thoughts: It's the average, generic romance/harem light novel, and good god, who doesn't love those? Anyway, there's already an English version out (by ATLAS? What?), however, it's just a google translate of the text. To quote the "translation": "It is gay to the school of choice passing, plays, and the defeated way back and I have encountered a considerably strange spectacle in the declining back street entered so that I will take a shortcut." It's only five chapters and is already fully completed.

[edit by Vaelis: download link for raws aren't allowed]

Oh man oh god oh man oh god, you have no idea how much I want to read this (and you do too, trust me) :3
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Futari de Hajimeru

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Ah yes, good old google machine translation. :roll:

Honestly it sounds too generic to me. Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer meets... well... any harem I guess.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer is far more interesting than a generic-moe harem novel. I love the cynical main C. and his character development.

though the only thing i hate is that they pulled the
Spoiler! :
time card. sigh everything is from the future. hell marty mcfly can come here right now and have a WTF face saying "Where are the hoverboard?"

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Review written back then on volume 1. Here is the short discussion:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3013

Have read volume 2 by now, so heres a self-written summary.
Spoiler! :
Volume 2 is about a girl that declares she wants a fire dragon as a pet!! She mistook our friendly neighbourhood dragon as a pet, and tried to steal it from its master. At the same time, a new girl got transfered into the class, who LOVES dragons(kinda obvious isn't it?). The new gang plans to have world domination as well, and in fact, has begun their plans to do so. And so our heroes are forced into combat once more!
Quite a laugh, with a very Very, VERY innocent girl trying to take over the world. A fun read. If you want more details, ask your questions here.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
phallus99
Astral Realm

Post by phallus99 »

Wait, can he change back from being a dragon?
ShadowZeroHeart

phallus99 wrote:Wait, can he change back from being a dragon?
Not much of a spoiler for this, so I will not put a spoiler tag.

For some unknown reason, this world domination society is overly humane... So the scientist that modifies humans made sure they can change back. The girl has a button at her hand if i recall, as for the protagonist, its a button near his collar bone? Somewhere near his top buttons of his shirt if I recall.

A tiny spoiler
Spoiler! :
As I mentioned, there are other organisations. In volume 2, there are mascots that are modified so much so its impossible to convert back to human form.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Spoiler! :
um define mascots? i think of the disney character being costumed by real people. you mean they're trapped in their suits!

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart

b0mb3r wrote:
Spoiler! :
um define mascots? i think of the disney character being costumed by real people. you mean they're trapped in their suits!
More of a spoiler here.
Spoiler! :
In volume 2, they are up against a girl who is also the owner of a theme park. Her idea of world domination is to have everyone in the world being fans of the theme park. And some employees in the park supports her idea so much so that they willingly accepted modifications to their bodies to become the mascots. And no, they arent costumes anymore. Just as people can turn into dragons, they simply took a one-way trip to mascot-land.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Spoiler! :
holy sh*t that's a bit messed up. wish i had loyal henchmen like her though.

baka baka baka
phallus99
Astral Realm

Post by phallus99 »

How does the romance work out?
ShadowZeroHeart

phallus99 wrote:How does the romance work out?
Currently there are 4 girls in the story, 3 of them having a romance for the protagonist(or 2? make that 3)

Girl 1, the main female lead:
Spoiler! :
Seems to have met the protagonist when young, and was helped by him once. Ever since then, he was her first love(even though they lost contact). Upon reunion in school, sadly, the parents of this girl died soon after. She then asks the protagonist for help, who said he would help in whatever way he can. And for some reason, the girl took it as a "Yes, I will help you take over the world" and with his "agreement", she got him transformed to the dragon. A shy girl that loves spicy food, food so spicy NOONE ELSE can take the food she finds delicious. Her weapons being her hair once she transformed
Girl 2, the famous childhood friend:
Spoiler! :
Childhood friend of the protagonist. A little underdeveloped, but hyper active. Loves kicking people, and kicks protagonist to say a simple "Hi". Hardworking and smart. Takes on several jobs, yet still be able to achieve high grades. Relies on school scholarships and all just to be in this school. Reason for choosing this school appears to be for the protagonist, but he does not realise it. Hops over to protagonist's house for dinner and meals from time to time. The two makes a fine couple, (example: she buys food, protagonist cooks, protagonist pays her thru the bills of her purchases). Tsundere? Is that how its spelt again?

As for romance, this is from vol 1. One of her part time job is to work with a gang of robbers, robbing money and all. However, she treats each of her gang members as family. A chance incident made the pair of world-domination dudes help the police catch a couple of her gang members. She then got a bomb to try to get her members out by taking her school hostage. (She even went specially to try to let the protagonist get away) Only to her horror, they were betrayed by their employer, and the bomb cannot be disarmed. Though they survived the ordeal, she lost her place in the organisation, as well as her unique trait that deems her as leader of the gang. She hides in her usual spot, one only the protagonist can find, and cries out to Girl 1 as she saw the protagonist with her. "You already have the dragon! Give him back to me!"

Later on, she came to realise that he IS the dragon, and eventually ended up helping Girl 1 and her plans of "world domination" while not giving up on the protagonist. Her weapons being guns.
Girl 3, the transfer student:
Spoiler! :
As mentioned, vol 2 talks about a transfer student. She came to town because of the appearance of a dragon. She seems to have a preference for eastern dragons(snake body, rather than a fat four-legged beast), but since there arent any around, she decided to make do with the protagonist's dragon form. For some unknown reason, she doesnt mind letting her little slave(the protagonist, human form) take her on dates as long as she can get info on the dragon. However, the other girls would naturally never allow her. She doesnt have many people she can call her friends, if any. The group tries to let her join them(or rather, Girl 1's friend, the class president, was asked by the teacher to help take care of her, so they are forced to, technically speaking). Upon coming to know her, they realised she isnt that bad a person, and the theme park she manages is superb. They eventually became friends, and naturally, her passion for the protagonist(in dragon form) only grows when he saved her during a certain incident.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”