project suggestion: vampire knight

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

"Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?"

"Yes"
83%
"Not Really" (Please give a reason)
No votes
"No" (Please give a reason)
17%

Total votes: 18

ore wa ecchi
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

project suggestion: vampire knight

Post by ore wa ecchi »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_Knight

It was written there that there were 2 volumes released in 2008 for the hit anime and manga series vampire knight. 8)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: project suggestion: vampire knight

Post by Darklor »

ore wa ecchi wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_Knight

It was written there that there were 2 volumes released in 2008 for the hit anime and manga series vampire knight. 8)
So that's your argumentation? :roll: :?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Demonic Evenoah
Astral Realm

Post by Demonic Evenoah »

I want read it too :D
I read the comic books and I've heard that the novel was released in JP :)
chrnno
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by chrnno »

Darklor wrote:
ore wa ecchi wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_Knight

So that's your argumentation? :roll: :?
He has a point you know, you gotta argue better than that...
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah, now also with poll so you can vote too ;)

Darklor

quethiril
Project Translator

Post by quethiril »

Pssh, this whole community is just too male-dominated. I bet "Vampire Knight has novels!" is enough of an argument for plenty of fangirls.

The first novel sounds interesting to me because it covers backstory... though it's hard to picture Cross Academy without Yuuki -- who are the characters driving this story? But I always enjoyed young, hunter-in-training Zero. (I haven't touched the series since the first season of the anime, but it wasn't bad.)
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

My vote: NO because I'm a jerk to fangirls :twisted:

... No, seriously, I was just kidding. :roll:
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

quethiril wrote:Pssh, this whole community is just too male-dominated. I bet "Vampire Knight has novels!" is enough of an argument for plenty of fangirls.

The first novel sounds interesting to me because it covers backstory... though it's hard to picture Cross Academy without Yuuki -- who are the characters driving this story? But I always enjoyed young, hunter-in-training Zero. (I haven't touched the series since the first season of the anime, but it wasn't bad.)
That's because the majority of translators are males.

And it is natural that males are not very eager about reading/translating shoujo.

Offer this to girl-translators and they might take it, but so far since B-T has majority of male translators here, shoujo's do not have all that big popularity. And it is not being narrow-minded, its just that you translate what you like the most and it is natural for guys to like things that is aimed for guys rather than girls...

So bring more girl-translators to B-T and projects like this will have a chance, but the way the things are right now, they are hardly to be translated anytime soon.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Firstly, I have not read vampire knight... and havent heard too much good stuff about it... Secondly, it is dependent on the availablity of the novel. Lastly, most novels that originate from other sources arent that well done, and are usually not really worth reading in most cases... The only one i follow now are ARIA, with 2 volumes, but lack the beauty illustrations that the manga has, and Hayate, with BAD illustrations compared to the manga, others have all been dropped, even disgaea(though i still wanna know who laharl ends up with).
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
quethiril
Project Translator

Post by quethiril »

Darknemo2000 wrote:That's because the majority of translators are males.

And it is natural that males are not very eager about reading/translating shoujo.

Offer this to girl-translators and they might take it, but so far since B-T has majority of male translators here, shoujo's do not have all that big popularity. And it is not being narrow-minded, its just that you translate what you like the most and it is natural for guys to like things that is aimed for guys rather than girls...

So bring more girl-translators to B-T and projects like this will have a chance, but the way the things are right now, they are hardly to be translated anytime soon.
Yeah, I know this place is mostly male translators. And the few female translators are not as active in the forums to begin with. But if we already know that the guys aren't going to touch this project, there's no reason anyone should be trying to sell it to them. Why not let people post suggestions for female-oriented projects unharassed? You never know if someone will come around and take it up after all.

Sorry. I have no real problems with the discussion in this thread. I just suddenly needed to vent annoyance for another "Baka" site where guys always feel like they need to jump in and say "eww, yaoi" every time a shoujo series gets posted. It's not like we girls step in and say "eww, hentai" for every series with fanservice. :evil:
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

I discrimiate nothing, propagate all, but read only what I like ;)

Darklor

chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

While it is Shoujo it doesn't means males can't enjoy. I personally like to read it for it's interesting aproach to the vampire thing, vampires and demons are creatures I really like so I end up reading pretty much anything that features them.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”