Japanese Novels : Untapped gold field

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

OMH!!!

I love that space hard sci-fi drama anime series!!!

I really hope some of the translators also like this sorta thing.....
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Nidema2
Astral Realm

Post by Nidema2 »

Yea i have been trying to get some groups to translate this for a long time to no avail

i will offer any financial support that i can possibly can offer to see this project completed. Of course, I should have the books in mid september is everything goes well.

onizuka-gto, should we further teh talks through email

PS i registered but haven`t gotten the confirmation email
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

well if you have the books...does that mean you can read them too?

8)

Mind you, im not the one you should convince to take on the novel, even thought I myself am very interested in the series, it's ultimately up to the translators.

Mind you I have to remind you, Our Founder (thelastguardian) does not approve of publishing illegal materials on the forums or on the wiki, this means you will have to provide the raw materials to the translators yourself if any of them agree to it, unless our founder changes his minds.

Mind you, I don't think any of the translators are thinking of the next project yet. After all they are only here because of the Haruhi series. I suspect some of them will drop away afterwards.

But I think if you contact the translators individually, and see what they say?

perhaps I will put a poll up as well in the near future, with all the options and see what people say as well.

Even if none of the translators will take it on, we might attract some translators who will. :wink:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

yea thats a great idea,

i will try and approach the translators too. but perhaps maybe you can also do the same and help out?

I can read the books but it takes me a long time to finish a page. So I`d rather not try to read 4 novels of them.

I will be able to provide the scans and I won`t be dling it off some website.

Please try and put up a poll for it so we can get something finally started for this series
Nidema
Astral Realm

Post by Nidema »

argh i forgot to log in

the above was me btw
Nidema
Astral Realm

Post by Nidema »

onizuka-gto,

I just got word from one of the translators, shiratoriryouko, who is interested in doing the project.

So now what?

your orders?
hehe
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

oh, really? that was quick.

Well, In that case....er...mmm...don't...really...know.

haha.

Well, Is shiratoriryouko the only translator interested in the series?

anybody else? While one translator can do a novel, if its a series it can be abit too much.

I suppose we can do one novel and see if anyone is interested, after all no point doing a project that no one wants to read.

And while I think about it, i better see what elsae in this thread that has been suggested.

Edit: Compiling future series:

Shakugan no Shana
Escape From School
Seikai no Senki
Iriya no Sora, Natsu no UFO

I will be putting a poll up in a seperate thread.

@Onizukademongto
Nidema
Astral Realm

Post by Nidema »

yup! great idea

I am sure that after one volume, many people will be interested as well! I will also provide some translation help if I can concerning baronh.

great to see it finally starts rolling.
Avalon
Astral Realm

Post by Avalon »

A little off topic, but can anybody tell me the order in which the FMP novels are supposed to be read? Theres a whole bunch of them, like The end of Day by Day, Continuing on my Own, etc, along with a bunch of short stories. Also, is the anime based off the novels, or how are the novels related to the anime?

Edit: Ah nvm, Wikipedia is my friend.
DrmChsr0
Astral Realm

Post by DrmChsr0 »

Hello.

If it is possible, I would like you to translate the Planetarian Novel that came with the LE Edition of Planetarian.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Dunno. is it licenced? And is anyone interested? :p

@Onizukademongto
Cyprus6852
Astral Realm

Post by Cyprus6852 »

DrmChsr0 wrote:Hello.

If it is possible, I would like you to translate the Planetarian Novel that came with the LE Edition of Planetarian.
I second this.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”