Kyouran Kazoku Nikki

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Should "Kyouran Kazoku Nikki" be translated?

Yes
89%
Neutral
2%
No
5%
Isn't it licensed?
4%

Total votes: 115

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Kyouran Kazoku Nikki

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Eccentric you say? I totally agree. I am not sure how much the anime follows the novels, since I only have volume 1 and 2, 5 and 6(yet to be read since i cant find 3,4). But seeing Kyoka go mad with her actions in the anime sure is interesting haha!

A teaser... That may actually be tough, since a proper teaser may actually be rather long, since we have to put in mind the diary part maybe? the starting where it is not that insane yet? stuff like that.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote: A teaser... That may actually be tough, since a proper teaser may actually be rather long, since we have to put in mind the diary part maybe? the starting where it is not that insane yet? stuff like that.
No idea, since I dont know how it is. I would say it would depend on your knowledge and judgement or time and goodwill. ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ShadowZeroHeart

The thing is, if you want a teaser, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki is rather difficult, as that would lead to the question of giving a bit of their diary, or the story...since one is not within the anime, and the diary would show their feelings and thoughts etc, and the story (first 2 volumes) is rather similar to the anime, so that may allow people to make comparisons.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Story and diary are seperate? Isnt the diary part like a comment to the story? Maybe then a little piece of a part of the story which you think is great or you would like to show to others and for this little piece the things that they did wrote in the diary?

Darklor

ShadowZeroHeart

Err... will consider it once my holiday mood is over... >"< darn, holidays are making me slack off! Curse the games, manga and animes... But keep them coming... They are like drugs and all >"<

And besides, the first two volumes are kept at a rather hard-to-reach location, so dont expect too much...

Cant recall entirely, one example of the diary by our dear biological weapon little bro states how he wanted to copy and paste data he obtained, which their father scolded him for, and asked him to write what he wants instead, which he finds hard to comprehend... Something like what Rental Magica began doing after a few volumes.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Nornin
Astral Realm

Post by Nornin »

I would really love if someone could translate the Kyouran Kazoku Nikki light novel.

Do you think it seem like it will be done?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

At the moment I wouldnt bet on it...

Darklor

ShadowZeroHeart

I will definitely not work on it, it is pissing me off to be missing book 3,4... and i see no sign of 7 coming out on my area anytime soon
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

I've been looking for this thread...
I have the first six volumes and I've been thinking about translating them.
I'll be working very slowly and I can't really guarantee anything right now but I can try to have a preview done sometime soon if anyone's interested.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

I am still interested (a little), but before that you should maybe get at least an account?

Darklor

AmiHino
Astral Realm

Post by AmiHino »

Oh, yeah, that was me. I thought I was logged in but I guess I wasn't. Sorry.
Anyway, I'm on vacation right now but I'll try and get the first journal entry translated when I get back.
ShadowZeroHeart

volume 7 is out, just for your info... have seen it in chinese at my local bookstore, but i am not getting it... damn, missing 3,4 is really making me angry...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
AmiHino
Astral Realm

Post by AmiHino »

I know it's out, I just haven't bought it yet.

Here's the first diary entry:

April 4th, 2063 Archived Midarezaki Ouka

This is, unmistakably, a conspiracy. I am certain that I am caught up in someone’s scheme. I do not know if it is the will of God, the devil, a secret society, or the universe, but someone holding a very real malice toward me, Midarezaki Ouka, has thrown me into this mess. I do not know who in the world would stand to profit from my misfortune, but, in any case, that unseen Assailant A (assumed name) is now throwing all of my peace and quiet, my meaninglessly happy daily routine, into a pot and saying “itadakimasu.” I would really like him to stop. I would really like him to stop. Yes, after living 27 years I cannot really say that I have been on a path toward total integrity and innocence, but I do not think myself so sinful a man that I deserve to receive such ridiculous harassment from fate. So please stop. It’s just that I really am at my limit. Why must I be the lead in this “Eternally Continuing Shocking Program”-like thing? God, or Buddha, or the devil, or some superman coming out of the blue, I don’t care; just help me, please. Help me, Midarezaki Ouka, please. Please liberate me from that insane family. It would be easier living with a yeti on the Himalayan Mountains than living with that lot. I’m begging you to please erase that group that acts as if it exists solely to destroy my daily routine. Please do something about those two humans, one non-human, two animals, and one I-have-no-idea-what that claim to be my family.
Specifically, that cat-eared woman with the horrifically twisted personality: please send her to hell straightaway. Thanks to that woman my stomach wall is full top-to-bottom with ulcers. That woman whose standard equipment includes a tongue more venomous than a fly agaric’s poison is calling herself my wife, but I, of course, am not so pessimistic about life that I would stamp my seal on that kind of marriage certificate. I would like to request an analysis of when and how my life went wrong, as well as exactly what kind of change in chemistry occurred, from all of the world’s scientists but, in any case, I will not accept this reality. I won’t accept a family like that either. I do not know which organization’s conspiracy this is but I will definitely get back my peaceful daily routine. Or rather, I would really like this situation to be someone’s conspiracy—were that the case I would be able to defeat the ringleader and do something about these abnormal days.
If I continue this kind of lifestyle for a whole year I will definitely die, I think. I’m begging you, I’m begging you, so before I die, evil organization from wherever, appear meaninglessly with a loud “Fuhahahaha” laugh. Please declare that everything was your doing in a loud voice. I will, filled with gratitude, annihilate you. I really, really am waiting for you from the bottom of my heart. I am waiting for you.

—Great Japanese Empire Paranormal Phenomena Bureau of Measures Official Special Operations Exercise Excerpt from the Midarezaki Family Diary—

Translation notes:
Ouka uses polite, formal Japanese for the whole diary.
Eternally Continuing Shocking Program: literally like a television program that will continue to shock you eternally. Couldn't think of a very good translation.
Fly agaric: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria

I'll probably do Kyouka-sama's diary next since I've already started it.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

That was pretty awesome, lol. But it makes me wonder, what are the novels like? Are the books only collaborated diary entries from each of the "family" members? Or is that like the prologue, and each book has a different character doing the monologue?

Anyway, I'm still interested, but if there is any way you could tell me how the ordering goes, I would appreciate it :D

Look forward to reading more.
ShadowZeroHeart

Krikit wrote:That was pretty awesome, lol. But it makes me wonder, what are the novels like? Are the books only collaborated diary entries from each of the "family" members? Or is that like the prologue, and each book has a different character doing the monologue?

Anyway, I'm still interested, but if there is any way you could tell me how the ordering goes, I would appreciate it :D

Look forward to reading more.
Have you ever taken a look at Rental Magica? It started some diary entries after a while, its something similar... If you havent, they basically have the family members writing down what they want one by one. They are written by a different character as if they are writing in a diary indeed, with something like a chat going around with each other? But those are something like intertudes, or prologue, small parts before the start of each chapter in a volume.

Does that answer your question?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”