Official PDF release?

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Should we do an Official PDF version?

Yes, because it will give us full control in adding content and others (please Explain)
90%
No. This goes against the fundamental idea of the Baka-Tsuki open translation project
10%

Total votes: 70

garra
Astral Realm

Post by garra »

Yea sorry for the double post. edit don't work. Well anyway just want to tell you that the link expired and could you host it up again in rapidshare?
Pucci
Astral Realm

Post by Pucci »

just took a look at Vol 1 in PDF , it looks and smells fantastic , great job guys! 8)
keito
Astral Realm

Post by keito »

garra wrote:Hey I know this may be a stupid question, but what are you useing to read that pdf file? I really like the exterior outlook and how its made. Mind telling me what it is?
It's Preview, an application that comes bundled with OS X, and doesn't run on any other operating system, because Apple wouldn't like that.
garra wrote:Well anyway just want to tell you that the link expired and could you host it up again in rapidshare?
I've uploaded the sample here!
FatPianoBoy
Astral Realm

Post by FatPianoBoy »

I don't see why we shouldn't do it. After a month or so, everyone who would edit it would have done so anyway. Giving it a grace period before making a finalized .pdf would be a good idea.
Kratosauron0
Astral Realm

Post by Kratosauron0 »

hm... the sample looked really good, I hope this comes out soon.
It's been a while since the last post, though... does someone have an update on how the official version's going?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

update for this, i've spoken to keito ,and he's almost done. :wink:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by the_naming_game »

FatPianoBoy wrote:I don't see why we shouldn't do it. After a month or so, everyone who would edit it would have done so anyway. Giving it a grace period before making a finalized .pdf would be a good idea.
I feel kind of bad about this, because I've been slowly building up a massive list of discrepancies between the wiki translation and the stratos translation. About half or a third of these are non-trivial. Not sure if I should post it in the wiki or the forums though. Despite my current lack of wiki activity, I still prefer it for that kind of thing.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Well as i like to say, if it works, don't fix it.

:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Kratosauron0
Astral Realm

Post by Kratosauron0 »

it's now the 30 (13 days after last update).

Is the final version in its final stages, is it done (just not released), or still almost done? Or am I just stupid, and looking in the wrong place?
Its just that updates are so infrequent that I think everything's grinded to a standstill.
Avalon
Astral Realm

Post by Avalon »

Translating/editing/making pdfs takes a lo0oo0ooooo0ng time...be patient ^^

You can't expect people to work on the project as if they had nothing else to do in their lives @_@

13 days isn't unusual. I think its safe to assume the project is definetly continuing.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Well,the lad who is doing the PDF, has veen busy and he is in the final stages of the PDF.

Mind you I haven't heard any updates from him lately, might be in something important that's delaying him.

Those things happen and you really can#t do much about them.

I'll just send him an remind and see whats going on.

:wink:

@Onizukademongto
keito
Astral Realm

Post by keito »

Hi guys! Long time no see!

I've had so much to do lately, and my typography workstation has been out of order for quite a long while, but I'm actually working on the novel right now! (Well, not exactly, since I took a break from it to type this down.)

I'm really getting there now. My working pace is actually very fast, once I get into it. If I am able to continue at my current speed, I should be able to present a release candidate to the other staffers very soon, and hopefully it will be okayed by them then. In case of internal critics, I will have to work out that before the document is ready, but things will probably be fine like this.

While you're waiting, make sure to check out PHOENIX Project's new album, Mechanized Emotion! It's got covers of God knows... and Lost my music!

Now then, back to work!

じゃまた!
zephi
Astral Realm

Post by zephi »

Hey keito I was just wondering whether the official PDF release is still being worked on.
I'm hoping to print them into a book in the future.
Is there much difference between your release and the one Molitar had released?
rilian
Astral Realm

Post by rilian »

I would just like to say that I will be very happy when you finish this, because I will be re-binding vol 1 (I have already done molitars version) into a perfect bound trade paperback book when it is done, and I can't wait to see how it will look in print.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

I'd love to have a PDF file! That way I can read the novel on my PDA or something. Also, if the website ever went down due to licensing the novel in North America... I could keep the novel :D

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”