First Future Project Poll

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Which Series/Novels should we do next?

Seikai no Senki
20%
Zero no Tsukaima
61%
Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu
11%
Escape From School
6%
GOTH
1%

Total votes: 70

BlckKnght
Astral Realm

Shakugan no Shana licensed by Viz

Post by BlckKnght »

According to reports from San Diego Comic Con, the Shakugan no Shana novels have been licensed by Viz.
Zero Blitz
Astral Realm

Post by Zero Blitz »

Well, depending on your point of view, that can be both good or bad.

Good points:

Baka-Tsuki will be able to translate another novel series while SnS is published by Viz.

Baka-Tsuki won't have to translate what is at the moment a 14 volume (ongoing, I think) series which would end up taking one and a half - two years (could go far slower or far quicker depending on how many translators can be found that would like to help).

Bad points:

SnS will be released at a far slower rate than Baka-Tsuki could provide (I doubt we'll have more than ten volumes in five years time). :(

It is likely to be toned down from the original content to make it more kid-friendly.

If it doesn't get a lot of popularity (which is likely since there aren't enough people like us around: who enjoy reading and the kind of writing the japanese can come up with) then it will probably be discontinued after a couple of volumes.

Someone else come up with some more. ;P
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

I heard as well, just when the project for Shakugan no Shana was about to start, and that really throws all our plans into chaos. I'm currently discussing this with OnizukaGTO to see if anything can be done. But don't get your hopes up.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Unfortunately, I will have to remove Shakugan no Shana from the poll, and as a candidate for the next project.

This is indeed saddening while personally I would like to see this continue, I have no choice in this matter.

ThelastGuardian is explicit in his instructions, and he does not wish to host material that has been licenced.

I will give this some time before I remove it, for any evidence to refute the licencing claim.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
alaster
Astral Realm

Post by alaster »

!!! What! Really?
That would be the worst tragedy of this year.
Hopefully, Iriya no sora will not also be licensed very soon.
Nidema
Astral Realm

Post by Nidema »

okay u guys i thought i explained this perfectly

Seikai no Monshou ( licensed by tokyopop) has THREE volumes. The four volumes that they claim to have licensed was a mistake in communication between their departments. I do have emails to back this up from my days at Abhnation forums.

Seikai no Senki ( IS NOT LICENSED) has so far 4 volumes. WE ARE ONLY DOING THIS ONE!! If approved that is. So please stop confusing people about the licensing stuff cuz Tokyopop themselves were confused.

Email their people and everything will be clear. I am willing to bet my manhood on this issue lol. I think we have to wait for at least the first 2 volumes of MONSHOU to be released for Tokyopop to reach a decision about Senki. In the mean time, we can translate like mad
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

ok. The polls were going funny after all that editing, so i'am now reseting it.

Please register your vote again.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
shiki
Astral Realm

Post by shiki »

It hurts a lot to not able to vote also for Sekai no Senki (世界の戦機), but I was watched Zero no Tsukaima (ゼロの使い魔)anime and there is a information only three volumes converted to anime.
So I preffer to take a light hearted comedy which I probably wouldn't watch almost all story to almost completed series.
Arimfe
Astral Realm

Post by Arimfe »

onizuka-gto wrote:ok. The polls were going funny after all that editing, so i'am now reseting it.

Please register your vote again.
Oh this is so very evil of you :)
Now I have to vote against Seikai and Iriya again and feel bad about it once again...lol
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

but honest, for some strange reason, on the last edit, Zero no Tsukaima kept appearing up twice on the poll, with Senki no Sekai no where to be seen.

It was really strange, happen in both IE & Firefox, so I might as well reset the polls, people were moaning about wanting to re-vote again anyway... :roll:

@Onizukademongto
Crystal
Astral Realm

Pleses vote for Seikai

Post by Crystal »

I really like banner of the stars and hope more people vote for Seikai.
REM
Astral Realm

Post by REM »

i really hope it end up with zero winning, i heard lots of good things about novel from both on english boards and also chinese boards too.

and the anime will not cover most of the good parts it seems, not metion no chinese copies anywhere too :cry: .
Zerono
Astral Realm

Vote for Zero no tsukaima

Post by Zerono »

hum...It's quite interesting anime..i have scanned japanese Zero no tsukaima novel...unfortunately i can't read japanese.. but illustrates are quite interesting! ^^
Nidema
Astral Realm

Post by Nidema »

dude guys calm down, read the begining of this thread. Thats why we have teasers. It will most likely be Seikai and Zero that end up winning. At least, thats what i hope. I have been reading some of Zero and its not that difficult. ( but then again, nothing is really difficult compared to seikai for a gaijin). It should be fairly fun and easy to translate. I had a blast reading it.

Unless the big ones` opinions have not changed, two novels will most likely be worked on. People have been voicing concerns about the fact that more novels from Zero are not covered so it should get priority. There is some validity in there, but i still have to answer wtf mate? Its not up to us, but the translators. And if you ask, seikai novels past the third one will probably never make it to anime version. Even the ones that did were severely condensed.

I might have potentially offended people but this post. If so, please don`t be offended. Just let time decide what will happen instead of imposing it. My bottom line, whichever project gets picked, I will offer any kind of financial support or what not that I can( of course if seikai gets picked, it gets more support :wink:, yes that was a blatant attempt at a bribe, so shoot me)

lates
Cyprus6852
Astral Realm

Post by Cyprus6852 »

For those who want a sample of the ZnT novels:

http://z4.invisionfree.com/aquastar/ind ... 3312&st=40

A poster named Sushi-Y has posted some summaries/translations throughout this topic.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”