Translation Novel Request Mayoi Neko Overrun

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
Heartless_Henz
Astral Realm

Translation Novel Request Mayoi Neko Overrun

Post by Heartless_Henz »

I have been wanting to read Mayoi Neko Overrun and Shinigami to Chocolate Parfait. But i couldn't find them in English version anywhere on the net. Could Baka-Tsuki help me in translating these novels?

Mayoi Neko Overrun
Written by : Tomohiro Matsu
Illustrated by : Peco
Published By : Shueisha

Shinigami to Chocolate Parfait
Written by : Hanaou Kamiya
Illustrated by : Yoruno Mirura
Last edited by Heartless_Henz on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Translation Novel Request

Post by larethian »

you need to provide details. see other project request threads.

sad to say, Mayoi Neko is finishing at volume 12. I hope it's not a half-assed ending.
DoorKnob22
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Translation Novel Request

Post by DoorKnob22 »

I'll second Mayoi Neko Overrun (and necro this thread).
Feel free to message me any of your favorite series.

Light novels I'm hoping will get translated
-mayo chiki
-mayoi neko overrun
-bento
-unbreakable machine doll
ace11
Astral Realm

Project Sugestion - Mayoi Neko Overrun!

Post by ace11 »

I would like someone to translate the Mayoi Neko Overrun! novals for me please.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Project Sugestion - Mayoi Neko Overrun!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

1 - this isn't following proper guidelines to a new project suggestion
2 - you are unregistered
3 - There already exists a thread that suggests the translation of Mayoi Neko Overrun!
4 - you said "for me", making this a really personal request, which makes this request even more outrageous.

All in all, please refer to the right thread, or do a proper suggestion. This thread will be closed.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Project Sugestion - Mayoi Neko Overrun!

Post by Darklor »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:1 - this isn't following proper guidelines to a new project suggestion
2 - you are unregistered
3 - There already exists a thread that suggests the translation of Mayoi Neko Overrun!
4 - you said "for me", making this a really personal request, which makes this request even more outrageous.

All in all, please refer to the right thread, or do a proper suggestion. This thread will be closed.
Not a merge? ;)
Not a merge? ;)
*done*
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Crimsonbreaker13
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Translation Novel Request Mayoi Neko Overrun

Post by Crimsonbreaker13 »

i would like Baka-tsuki to translate the light novel series mayoi neko overrun. i have watched the anime and read the manga but the manga is only up to chapter 10 or 11 and there are no new chapter out yet. i heard there are the light novel series of mayoi neko overrun and i would like the translators of baka-tsuki to translate the series since i don't know japanese myself. please, let me know if u can translate the mayoi neko overrun light novel serie or not. thank you
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

As much as you'll like Baka-Tsuki to do something, Baka-Tsuki doesn't do anything actually.
This is a place where people volunteer their translations onto the wiki-site (known as Baka-Tsuki).
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Crimsonbreaker13 wrote:i would like Baka-tsuki to translate the light novel series mayoi neko overrun. i have watched the anime and read the manga but the manga is only up to chapter 10 or 11 and there are no new chapter out yet. i heard there are the light novel series of mayoi neko overrun and i would like the translators of baka-tsuki to translate the series since i don't know japanese myself. please, let me know if u can translate the mayoi neko overrun light novel serie or not. thank you
The ending sucks so my personal 2 cents is that it's not worth translating nor reading......
Crimsonbreaker13
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

I havent read the light novel serie yet so please dont tell me the ending was bad or good. if u have read it, can u translate it?
Because i really want to read it, and i dont know how to read japanese so if any translators that are free, could u please translate this light novel series. Even the ending is bad as u say, i will still like the series because it's the very light novel that my friends introduce to me
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Mayoi Neko is one of the first 5 light novels I read and I've been expecting Takumi to improve over the series.
Why the ending sucks:
Spoiler! :
It's an open end even though Fumino was the central character in vol 12
Hopefully, Papakiki (by the same author) won't go just as downhill.

And FYI, translating novels take up a lot of time. If say, a translator has a full-time job, and he's the sole translator for a series, he needs to practically to use all his spare time in the evenings (about 3 hours a day perhaps?), excluding weekends and holidays, to translate 6 to 8 volumes of novels a year. Of course, it also depends on his Japanese and English proficiency, and his experience in translating, and his general ability to maintain focus without getting distracted. With the lack of translators, and the abundance in good series, I don't see it worth the time to translate a subpar series with an unsatisfying ending, unless of course if someone is really passionate about translating this series.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

At least it still has a better ending than one of my past favorite novels...

二人で始める世界征服

Volume 1 was great. So was volume 2.

Volume 3 is not bad, volume 4 is quite okay.

Volume 5 was so so, with a final chapter that suddenly ended the series like an idiot, just so to link back to the title.

Was one of my favorite series until I read volume 5, now I call the series crap!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Crimsonbreaker13
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

If u guys don't want to translate it then can u guys tell me the websites that I can get the light novels? I will try to translate it myself even I don't know Japanese. Thank you

Chancs: Kindly take care of what you say
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Crimsonbreaker13 wrote:If u guys don't want to translate it then can u guys tell me the websites that I can get the light novels? I will try to translate it myself even I don't know Japanese. Thank you
Dude, translating is not an obligation of others. Any person who is interested like you can translate the series. Go to JCafe for downloading them.
Cloah
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cloah »

Such a pity is has the ending described above.... :(

I can easily see why people would be uninterested to invest their time in the difficult work of translating something that ends with about as much bang as a potato chip throwing contest. :\

Ah well. I must admit that I (and possibly a fair number of other people) would personally be grateful if anyone were inspired to spend their time on the series.... But I guess I (or we! ^^) won't hold my (our) breath....
"It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between."

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”