Volume 01 will be locked.

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Volume 01 will be locked.

Post by onizuka-gto »

You can read this news announcement here.

Edit: I'am aware that some of the chapters are still being discussed and edited, but overall they are laregely completed, and have not been active for some time.

If you have an objection to certain chapters which you feel still require editing, please comment here, and I will switch the specific volume 01 chapter to allow registered user to edit.
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Tue May 23, 2006 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

All I can say is "oops" - something wierd happened when I submitted - but I did fix it straight away.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Ah, so that's what it was, well i did have a shock when I saw that.

I suppose I did have a knee jerk reaction to it.

At the moment i will leave it as it is, but if people feel i should allow them to be edited, please voice your comments here and if there are sufficent amount of support for them i will unprotect then.

Sincerely,

Onizuka-GTO
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

In second thoughts, I have unprotected volume 01 to allow registered users to edit.

Due to problems to the Wiki, which i've had the unfortunate to experienced myself, i feel that editing done on the more or less completed chapters should be limited to prevent any further accidents oh this kind occuring again, until the situation has been completely resolve.

While the latest chapters will continue to be open edit, all I can ask is for contributors to be careful during all edits to "backup" your modifications and of the chapter you are editing in the likely events that this should occur again.

Sincerely,

Onizuka-GTO
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Tue May 23, 2006 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@Onizukademongto
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Is it really necessary to be so cautious? The wiki already keeps a backup of all previous edits, so if anyone deletes it it's easy to revert it back to it's previous state.

(Instructions on how to do so here.)
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

That maybe so, but the backup on the wiki db is also threatened by the unresolve errors on the server, as we do not know how much these problems might affect. It is best to consider the worse case, and tread carefully until the problem has been located and eventually resolved permanently.

@Onizukademongto
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Just to be safe, I've backed up all my translation work into my hard drive, including vol 1 and vol 3: Lone Island Syndrome.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

cheers kinny. 8)

@Onizukademongto

Return to “News”