Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

narshe_delvar
Astral Realm

Re: Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Post by narshe_delvar »

Hello Baka Suki! I've lurked around the main wiki for a while now and noticed about the Spice and Wolf. It's been a while since I first heard of it, and am just now getting into this line of work again.

I've never really edited anything on the wiki here before, but I used to be a writer and would comment on other people's works, telling them how to convey a certain something to make the impact more pronounce. =3 I HAVE, tho, worked as a QC for the ONE ~Kagayaku Kisetsu e~ english translation project a number of years back. Anyone who doesn't know about that, it's a Nexton game made with the people who started Key (Jun Maeda, Shinji Orito, Itaru Hinoue, respectively). A very good game. I thoroughly enjoyed proofing it before actually playing it and loved how I did it.

Plus, technically I'm a part of HnG (Hiyoko no GAO Translation Corp), the group that did Mahoraba, tho I had only contributed only a few sparse editings here and there due to lack of time, lack of motivation at the time, and many things going on at once.

I really would like to see Spice and Wolf get caught up long before the English translation companies release the first novel, which looks to be at the end of this year, if there is no delays. I may not know much Japanese, but this is also a good time to learn since I have a LOT of free time before I have night classes Monday thru Thursday, and then the rest of the week off.

I'm a pretty damn good editor, QC'er, and word manipulator when there is a need for such a thing. =) Plus I really want to get back into the translation community since. D;
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

It's been a while since anyone has posted here. Guess you didn't hear what happened to the last batch. :D Good!

First off, welcome to Baka-Tsuki. 8)

If you want to help out with the Spice and Wolf project a good first step would be registering on the Wiki and doing some minor edits on chapters that haven't been assigned. Stop in at the Spice and Wolf forum section and see what spots are available and introduce yourself there as well.
narshe_delvar
Astral Realm

Post by narshe_delvar »

rofl You make it sound like something god AWFUL happened to them. I only skimmed through a few pages before posting and didn't realize the time difference, but I'm willing to showcase what I got. xD

Thanks for the welcome, and sounds like a plan. Since I got ALL week and weekend, minus homework here and there, sounds like I got something to do. >=D Thank you for that tidbit of information. Will introduce myself given the chance.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

narshe_delvar wrote:rofl You make it sound like something god AWFUL happened to them. I only skimmed through a few pages before posting and didn't realize the time difference, but I'm willing to showcase what I got. xD

Thanks for the welcome, and sounds like a plan. Since I got ALL week and weekend, minus homework here and there, sounds like I got something to do. >=D Thank you for that tidbit of information. Will introduce myself given the chance.
Please do introduce yourself!! I am captivated by your avatar and sig...nice pics... i am jealous...

Anyways, at the same time, i do not quite get what it is that you intend to do, edit? or to try to translate the S&W novel? Or would you be attempting to try doing what we call proof-reading, a job that basically checks that the translation is accurate and just, and not distorting the meaning of the original text, which may be possible when translations are done, or editting without knowledge of what the author did.

No matter!! Welcome to B-T, and please introduce me to the characters in the avatar and sig.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
joylodroni001
Astral Realm

Post by joylodroni001 »

my username is joylodroni001

I am very fluent in english and I am grammatically good too,

I would love to be part of this team and i can promise to devote much of my time and effort in this project
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Welcome to Baka-Tsuki Joy. 8) To get the ball rolling you'll first need to register an account on the Wiki. When that is done take a look through the projects and see where your interests lie. Visit the forum sections and see what's available. Remember to start off small. :wink:
InfiniteFreedom
Astral Realm

Post by InfiniteFreedom »

Meh I wouldn't mind doing some editing, I can do fluent English and French. I'm not really sure what I'll have to do but if it involves grammar or stuff like that I'm pretty sure I'd be able to do it. Same username here and the wiki (Gundam Seed Ftw)
kili
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kili »

help me to edit to aru majutsu no index please :|
InfiniteFreedom
Astral Realm

Send me the files and I'll edit them. Just grammar and stuff I hope because I can't do any translations. PM me first, unless it's the prologues you want me to edit...can't really see anything wrong with those.
-Edit-
Ah nevermind I feel like an idiot now. Yeah I see some chapters have pretty bad grammar. I'll work on them a little I guess but...can't say there's alot since there's like 1 chapter per volume. :?
yuiki134
Astral Realm

Post by yuiki134 »

I would love to do this novel if it isn't japaness raw,anyway now i am free at the moment.
My username is yuiki134
Last edited by yuiki134 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
InfiniteFreedom
Astral Realm

No clue where to get raws for that one but you can help me edit...I did Volume 4 and I'm about to work on the only complete volume. :|
kili
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kili »

so, you normally use raw in the form of images of a novel?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

kili wrote:help me to edit to aru majutsu no index please :|
You meant your translation into Bahasa Indonesia, right?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
kili
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kili »

I'm using raw from Light novel. So I cant trans it using Languange Translation Dictionary Translator. it save a lot time.
InfiniteFreedom
Astral Realm

Yeah I'm confused now...oh well if someone can help me edit the english version of that novel I'd appreciate it.

Return to “News”