Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

wushuboy
Astral Realm

Re: Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Post by wushuboy »

Vaelis wrote:
wushuboy wrote:As for now, I'll just start getting my feet wet with editing the previews, since the incomplete ones may end up being replaced per the guidelines (? Am I right)
The ~preview~ aren't really incomplete.
My apologies for not clarifying. I meant that the "% complete" items may still be replaced if a different translator takes over the project, am I right on that? If I misunderstood, please forgive me.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Darknemo2000 »

I don't know about which ones you are talking since the only % preview is mine, volume 5 chapter 3. All other that have % mark on them are actual translations and not previews...

And % doesn't mean it is stalled. Just look at volume 5. Do you see how big chapters are? A single chapter is worth 3-4 in other ZnT books so it is natural that they wont be translated at once but by parts (which % indicate).

Now if you are talking about unfinished chapters behind volume 5 then yes, they do seem stalled at this moment but again Archmage is still active just didnt had the time to sit down and translate...Not that it matters for the readers that like consistency as most of his translations skip way ahead, and since a lot of people dont like to spoil themselves the number of people who read those chapters are not very high. But it will be important once (if ever, since right now i am only active ZnT translator) the ZnT translation gets there...
wushuboy
Astral Realm

Post by wushuboy »

Darknemo2000 wrote:I don't know about which ones you are talking since the only % preview is mine, volume 5 chapter 3. All other that have % mark on them are actual translations and not previews...

And % doesn't mean it is stalled. Just look at volume 5. Do you see how big chapters are? A single chapter is worth 3-4 in other ZnT books so it is natural that they wont be translated at once but by parts (which % indicate).

Now if you are talking about unfinished chapters behind volume 5 then yes, they do seem stalled at this moment but again Archmage is still active just didnt had the time to sit down and translate...Not that it matters for the readers that like consistency as most of his translations skip way ahead, and since a lot of people dont like to spoil themselves the number of people who read those chapters are not very high. But it will be important once (if ever, since right now i am only active ZnT translator) the ZnT translation gets there...
My apologies! I did not mean to speak out of turn. If any offense was taken, none was meant. I think all the contributing translators have done a fine job and will continue to do so.
SaharaFrost
Astral Realm

Post by SaharaFrost »

I'm interested in becoming an editor, but I can't say that I have much experience. I'm hoping that having a bachelor's in English, and pursuing a master's in English, might help to qualify me. On wiki, I also go by SaharaFrost. Oh, and also...if I don't qualify, could you please tell me how I can get to the point where I do qualify? Thanks. ^_^
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Ohhh, a professional I can ask all my English questions.

I think before you get to be named an editor, you have to do a little before you're named one. The "Kaze no Stigma" project seriously needs an editor. I was going to try it, but it's so convoluted in some places I didn't know where to begin. Perhaps I should ask the translators about the parts that are confusing.
SaharaFrost
Astral Realm

Post by SaharaFrost »

So...if I have to do a little before becoming one...then would it be okay if I looked at something that needs editing...edited it...and then submitted it as an example? Something along those lines?

And Dan...feel free to ask me any questions you like. I'll be happy to help. :D
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Just register on the Wiki and start editing. :P With a little time and decent edits you'll receive the editor title.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

How in the world does someone have zero posts when I'm reading his or her post?
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Forum glitch. Happens once in a while with new people. :? Either that or we're going crazy. :shock:
SaharaFrost
Astral Realm

Post by SaharaFrost »

I like to think we're just going crazy, hehehe. :D

Next question...how should I go about editing exactly? Is there a specific place where I can post my stuff? And, also, how do I know what they want me to try and edit? I mean...if three people have already edited something, they probably don't need any more.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Each project has a discussion section on the Wiki as well as it's own forum section here. Fix anything that looks like it might need fixing and if you're unsure, ask either in the discussion sections or here. If the changes are unneeded they can always be rolled back so don't worry about it. Just pick a project or projects that you want to work on and just go to town. 8)
xephfyre
Astral Realm

Post by xephfyre »

I'm interested in becoming an editor as well, seeing as I've constantly read the T/Ls of Zero no Tsukaima and Kara no Kyoukai.

The last (and first, lol) edit I did was some time back though, but now that I'm freer, I can REALLY start helping. Can't say I have anything other than English as a primary, native-spoken language and decent (up to tertiary level) grammar and punctuation skills.

So, given some time, and some decent edits, I can give something back to Baka-Tsuki instead of just reading the novels.

And user on wiki is: fynal_fyre, I came here after Onizuka-GTO's group was formed on AnimeSuki.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Welcome to Baka-Tsuki. 8) Oni has a group on ASuki?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

xephfyre wrote:I'm interested in becoming an editor as well, seeing as I've constantly read the T/Ls of Zero no Tsukaima and Kara no Kyoukai.

The last (and first, lol) edit I did was some time back though, but now that I'm freer, I can REALLY start helping. Can't say I have anything other than English as a primary, native-spoken language and decent (up to tertiary level) grammar and punctuation skills.

So, given some time, and some decent edits, I can give something back to Baka-Tsuki instead of just reading the novels.

And user on wiki is: fynal_fyre, I came here after Onizuka-GTO's group was formed on AnimeSuki.
welcome. to become an editor, just start editing!

When you build a good record under your wiki username over a certain period of time, you will be added to the editors list and with it all the adoration, admiration, women and interweb fame.

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
SoraNoAkaiAme
Astral Realm

Post by SoraNoAkaiAme »

I would love to help edit ZNT, or Shaukgan no Shana or nything that needs help editing with. I'm a QCer for a subbing group called Osu! and have a "eagle eye" for mistakes. My grades in english are A average, and I have a lot of free time. Throughout the week I'm free from 4 p.m to 2 a.m, and on the weekend I'm free every hour, I also have a passion for anime and manga, and love to edit things. My nickname on Wiki is SoraNoAkaiAme.

Return to “News”