Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Post by Wolfpup »

Darklor wrote:To be an editor is easy most do edit on the go, while reading in the wiki, if they did found some troublesome sentences or errors there. Only few projects have real dedicated editors who do get the first translated script before they are publicated in the wiki. - So if you like to edit, and do find errors in the wiki, feel free to edit - for that, It's a Wiki! ;)
I'm hopeful that i can become a dedicated editor as well. :D
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
ADDKyuu
Astral Realm

Post by ADDKyuu »

Um, I can translate pretty well. I'm only bilingual though. Spanish and English for me, I'm working on french and by next year I'll be able to start up on Japanese. I've done translations before from Spanish to english on official documents utilized in Universities..........um, not much else in experience. My username on the website is the same as the one here. Don't know if I'll be of any use, though I hope to be.

Username is ADDKyuubiNaruto.(I've had it for over 5 years in a lot of other sites, so yeah)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Alakazzandra is looking for / recruiting a lead project editor (means dedicated project editor) for Read or Die ; please see post at project journal if interested.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Btw. a while ago were our new MariMite translators also looking for an dedicated editor...

Darklor

rayjay101
Astral Realm

Post by rayjay101 »

I dont mind helping im english so dont really have to worry about that and i dont know any other langauge i am learning japanese tho at the moment.
but i would like to help being an editer.
i dont have any experince tho. So i might need a bit of help to get started on it.
Also my name on the wiki is the same as on here.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

We're always looking for translators, also you can edit at your will - its a wiki

Darklor

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

rayjay101 wrote:I dont mind helping im english so dont really have to worry about that and i dont know any other langauge i am learning japanese tho at the moment.
i dont have any experince tho. So i might need a bit of help to get started on it.
Correcting these and placing the necessary punctuations would be a good start. 8)
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:
rayjay101 wrote:I dont mind helping im english so dont really have to worry about that and i dont know any other langauge i am learning japanese tho at the moment.
Correcting these and placing the necessary punctuations would be a good start. 8)
:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
I don't have a user name
Astral Realm

Post by I don't have a user name »

I recently finished memorizing kanjis up to grade 5 and I have fluent English, as I am going into first year University at U of T this September. I lived in Japan for 7 years, so I know a lot of basic Japanese. My only weak point is that I can't understand EXTREMELY complicated sentences and I don't know any kanjis that are taught beyond grade 5. Despite these weaknesses, I believe that practice is probably the most important part of such kind of project, and I request that I see one of the RAW light novels that you guys got for sample so I can see the level of difficulty. If I think I can take on the difficulty, then I am more than willing to start right away.

If anyone happens to read this and you are interested about my offer, email me at [email protected].

Also, there are just so many technical requirements for becoming a translator (need a wiki user name, active editing of wiki for 4-6 weeks blah blah blah) that I am confused at what I am supposed to do. If anyone can help explain these things, that would be great.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

So you are interested to become a translator? Beyond the grade of difficulty our projects may have what would you like to translate? - Ever tried to read a light novel in its original language?

Darklor

Dull sw0rd
Astral Realm

Post by Dull sw0rd »

Hi Darklor, I just made a user name so you can call me sw0rd or dull or whatever.

To answer your questions, I never read light novels in its original language, nor do I know of any specific projects that might suit my difficulty level. But, I have previously read a lot of Baka's translation projects (Haruhi, toradora, ZnT), and I noticed that the English version's writing style is not really that complicated, so I thought the Japanese version shouldn't be that complicated either.

I previously played few visual novels in their original language, and I can understand around 60%-80% of what was written on there, but again, there was voice acting in there so that helped me a lot too.

Right now, I am just looking for a place to try my skill, and it would be great if I can get some sample RAWs.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Thats probably because LightNovels are mostly written for readers in Junior High and High School.

I would think if you had some interest in a project, one of ours or a own it would be easier to motivate to translate even if it were a little more complicated, than a project at random even if it were easier to translate ... :wink:

Also sorry that I cant provide any raw examples, since I dont have any. But as far as I know some raws for light novels can also be found somewhere online...

Btw. ones doesnt need x edits to become a translator in the wiki. also everyone can edit in the wiki, but only the most active or dedicated editors are credited/listed at a project page...

Wikinames are to prevent spam-bot attacks, also only with a name one can get the credit for ones work... and a forum account would be for a easier contact with others (PMs) without the need to show email addresses ;)

Darklor

nokmmyr
Astral Realm

Post by nokmmyr »

Hello,
If you are still looking for editors, I would be happy to help proofread scripts. Although I have never edited a wiki page, I have had some experience with proofreading; namely, I am one of the proofreaders for the scanlation group "Tranquil Spring". I'm fairly enthusiastic and dedicated when it comes to these things, and due to my lack of a life I have plenty of free time to proofread. I also attend Chinese classes, so I understand a fair bit of traditional Chinese characters, not to mention that I have in my possession a handy-dandy Chinese dictionary. :)
Again, I'd be ecstatic if I could help out with the novels!
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Okay, I may be going on a limp, but if anyone needs me to edit texts (grammar check), I'll help check it out, just PM me if you need me. I'll use the weekends to check the scripts.

PS: I need editors for my own work as well (I'm going to end up being my own editor soon, Enigma is busy now).
PPS: Specify what kind of English you want, American or British.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

You must have too much time...

Darklor

Return to “News”