Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

rhavaz
Astral Realm

Re: Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Post by rhavaz »

Rhavaz join in !
i can translate english into Indonesian ~
joshieonfire
Astral Realm

Post by joshieonfire »

If you will have me, I am willing to help out
My wiki username is the same as my forum one
kiririn
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by kiririn »

I'm currently editing monogatari series but I can also be a patrolling editor on other series. Looking forward to work with you all.
adrea3311
Astral Realm

Post by adrea3311 »

Oh, me, me, me! Would LOVE to help edit! Name is adrea3311. Unfortunately don't speak/read a second language, but I'm pretty neurotic about proper spelling and grammar in the one I do know! lol
levelzero
Astral Realm

Post by levelzero »

username: levelzero on baka-tsuki, joined just now for the sake of getting the editor job

strengths: very good with english and have extensive experience reading manga on various sites and light novels on baka-tsuki and prince revolution, so i am sure i can do a good job as an editor

weaknesses: not so hot on other languages and pretty much a novice as an editor

why am i here? : i am here just to help because baka-tsuki has given me a lot of joy for months and i want to give other readers the same joy as well, please pick me
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

levelzero wrote:username: levelzero on baka-tsuki, joined just now for the sake of getting the editor job

strengths: very good with english and have extensive experience reading manga on various sites and light novels on baka-tsuki and prince revolution, so i am sure i can do a good job as an editor

why am i here? : i am here just to help because baka-tsuki has given me a lot of joy for months and i want to give other readers the same joy as well, please pick me
1. You can register an account.

2. Is there any project you are interested in?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Kira0802 wrote:
levelzero wrote:username: levelzero on baka-tsuki, joined just now for the sake of getting the editor job

1. You can register an account.

2. Is there any project you are interested in?
3. Long term association? (no random edits)
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Odd question, but has anyone encountered a list of "obvious English 'wrongs'" around on the internet anywhere?

I'm think of either as a list of things that aren't intuitive to a non-native speaker (for example correctly writing "Claire and I" rather then incorrectly writing "me and Claire"), or idiomatic language translation side effects (such as a number of "do <noun>"s I've encountered recently, like "do cooking" (from obviously ryouri(cooking)-suru(to do) in Japanese)).

I've just started keeping notes on the simpler ones I've been seeing lately so I can hook something into my PDF generator to get me to take a look at the page and make sure it's supposed to be like that (the same way I've got it to warn me about odd html constructions to take a look at and maybe fix). However it just occurred to me that even the more complex list of non-intuitive phrases might be useful as well to the less experienced speakers/editors/whatever even if it's just as a 'refresher' to remind you have to fix something if you can tell something is wrong, but can't put your finger on what. (Which it wouldn't surprise me that I need, given I thankfully haven't had to endure an English class in over 15 years... :P )
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

denormative wrote:Odd question, but has anyone encountered a list of "obvious English 'wrongs'" around on the internet anywhere?

I'm think of either as a list of things that aren't intuitive to a non-native speaker (for example correctly writing "Claire and I" rather then incorrectly writing "me and Claire"), or idiomatic language translation side effects (such as a number of "do <noun>"s I've encountered recently, like "do cooking" (from obviously ryouri(cooking)-suru(to do) in Japanese)).

I've just started keeping notes on the simpler ones I've been seeing lately so I can hook something into my PDF generator to get me to take a look at the page and make sure it's supposed to be like that (the same way I've got it to warn me about odd html constructions to take a look at and maybe fix). However it just occurred to me that even the more complex list of non-intuitive phrases might be useful as well to the less experienced speakers/editors/whatever even if it's just as a 'refresher' to remind you have to fix something if you can tell something is wrong, but can't put your finger on what. (Which it wouldn't surprise me that I need, given I thankfully haven't had to endure an English class in over 15 years... :P )
Now where is that damn page from my coaching classes. A good thing you reminded me of.

Serieously dude...no english classes for the past 15 years :lol:
IceCreamPhilosophy
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by IceCreamPhilosophy »

Hi,I am interested!

My Name: IceCreamPhilosophy

I am good with English,Chinese-spoken and Malay-Spoken.

I am interested in joining because I want to help Baka-Tsuki, moreover I am quite active.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

IceCreamPhilosophy wrote:Hi,I am interested!

I am interested in joining because I want to help Baka-Tsuki, moreover I am quite active.
Always welcome :D
IceCreamPhilosophy
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

chancs wrote:
IceCreamPhilosophy wrote:Hi,I am interested!

Always welcome :D
Anything I should know or do right now?
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

IceCreamPhilosophy wrote:
You can register/ put your name under the "Editors" of your favourite novel series and be a part of it. Just be consistent/ active
IceCreamPhilosophy
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

chancs wrote:
IceCreamPhilosophy wrote:
You can register/ put your name under the "Editors" of your favourite novel series and be a part of it. Just be consistent/ active
I might be pretty stupid,how do I do that?
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

IceCreamPhilosophy wrote: I might be pretty stupid,how do I do that?
Look up for your favourite series on the left panel of the main page or click on to the "Teaser Projects" on the same side.

On the main page of your interested series, go down and look for the "Project Staff".

Click on the "Edit" tab which will be shown at the right end of it.

Post your name under the same format/ style as above.

After registering your name, click on any chapter you want to read. Click on the "Edit" on the panel ( there will be others like view history, read). Do the edits which you think necessary.

Other tips for Project Presentations

NOTE: You must register yourself on Baka-Tsuki before the above mentioned steps.

Return to “News”