Fallback Point

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Fallback Point

Post by onizuka-gto »

hello everyone!

if for some reason the Wiki, forum or both are done, you can still keep in touch with Baka-Tsuki staff and regulars on the Animesuki.com forum.

Specifically you can leave a message at our social group page at:

http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=36

Oh, and there is that irc thing....hmm...yeah.

anyway, if you know another place that we should fall back to if animesuki.com is also down, please feel free to drop us the location in the comment below.

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Re: Fallback Point

Post by fiendmaw »

Alright I registered and applied to the group,and maybe I'll post on animesuki,maybe...
Const2k
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Const2k »

onizuka-gto wrote:if for some reason the Wiki, forum or both are done, you can still keep in touch with Baka-Tsuki staff and regulars on the Animesuki.com forum.
Generally, I don't like that forum, but it's okay for that kind of "special circumstances".
onizuka-gto wrote:anyway, if you know another place that we should fall back to if animesuki.com is also down, please feel free to drop us the location in the comment below.
It's nice to have a place where people can meet, but what to do about content? Let's say officials arrest B-T server... No, asteroid falls on Dreamhost datacenter destroying half of Brea along the way - where from (and to) will translations - countless hours of work - go?
It would be nice to have a backup/secondary server outside of US, "just in case"... I'd recommend Moscow: it's highly unlikely to experience any US copyright-related problems here, especially if you're Russian (hosting prices are comparable to US, though).
Anyway, I'll make sure I'm available on animesuki under the same nickname if anything goes very wrong way.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Maybe that is true, a back-up area... but would cost be a problem?
Anyways, i am not sure if that is the case for everyone, but I keep my translations in my com at the moment, they are like 300kb per chapter only... so i would be keeping them i guess, though it is uneditted... so perhaps if the day comes if everything really crashes, i can still have my own hard copy =X

Of course, if someone volunteers, maybe we can have our own tiny webby to store all these data... but that is for everyone else to decide.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Many people have copies stashed away. Like me. Sure, they may not be the most recent edition, but it's not like everything would be lost for all time.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.

Return to “News”