Zero No Tsukaima Talk
- Q: Does anyone know if this series will be licensed anytime soon? I would really want to finish the translations before they do.
- A: Seriously, I do not think it will get licensed one day... The only time it happened was with Spice and Wolf and that's because the translation was really popular and it was already supposed to go in store one day. About ZnT now, well only volume 1 and 2 were translated and sold in store but these two volume were not licensed... also, it does not seems that the other volume will come out in english one day... It would have been done a LONG time ago ^^
--Silimir, 29 January 2012 (CST)
- Q: Just curious, but the image at the end of ZnT Volume 14 Chapter 4, shows Kirche and Tabitha. But the translations say that it was Illococoo and Tabitha. Did the illustrator make a mistake?
- A: No, looks like I did. Turns out I mixed up the names for Kirche and Sylphid and I hadn't realise until now. Thanks very much, Cataccountant!
- Q: Sorry for bothering you again. In volume 15 Chapter 1, at first it was Kirche who showed up during Malicorne's rampage, but suddenly she disappeared and Sylphid was there. Are you sure it was Sylphid? I thought Sylphid was supposed to be more childish and she didn't seem to treat Tabitha as her Master but instead as a friend in that chapter.
- A: Yes, you are absolutely right, another mistake here. I realised it as I was going to school this morning. Again, thanks for noticing!
- Q: Some people were asking me if you are going to continue translating. I told them you have a lot of school work to do but when you will have more time, you will continue. It's ok?
--Silimir 19:02, 13 February 2012 (CST)
- A: Sorry about missing in action for these few weeks, I still have 2 midterms remaining on the week after the next. Fortunately, I have a "reading week" holiday in the middle which is when I can make a short comeback. In the meantime, consider me as inactive. I wouldn't be bothered to even touch my computer when I have tests. (OK, I was lying here, fine.)
- Q: I wonder whether this project will be completed? Slow or fast doesn't matter! I just wish to read a complete series in the future. Do you have any idea ? Shiansopht (talk) 11:29, 4 February 2013 (CST)
- In case you are wondering why it is so different than the Chinese version is because it was translated from Japanese ^^. There might be some light differences. Though for the "Thou art" part, it's just Ancient English. I think the translator used this formulation because she thought that the text was in traditional Japanese language or something like this.
- kk, thanks for the notice. So would you guys like me to change all the old english into common english? But anyhow, I don't think I'll be able to make progress on HnA for the time being, though I'll get to it soon. :D
Wildk 23:26, 26 February 2012 (CST)
- If you want to work on OreShura, you should create a registration page and register the chapters you are working on.
--larethian 22:26, 12 July 2012 (CDT)
- Not too sure of the procedures, but I'll do just that. Thanks for the tip! :D
Wildk 00:52, 13 July 2012 (CDT)
- hey, thanks for TL'ing something-shuraba-sugiru! also, if i liked ZnT, you would be my favorite person in the world right now. loved your advertisements, man. as a translator myself, i can very well relate to the things you wrote, especially the one about a sentence of praise stopping a translator from dropping a project. that one is just SO true, it's not even funny. it's sad that not much ppl realize this. i've read on a TL blog that the guy translated 2 chapters in a row, slaving away 12 hours straight just because of the feedback he was receiving.
- PS. i edited in a possible term for opanchu in shuraba chapter 0, but i guess you didn't notice. anyway, how about "pantyshot"? although in that context you can leave it at just panties...
--Idiffer 21:40, 15 July 2012 (CDT)
- Glad to know that I'm not the only translator feeling like that. It's great that Ore Shura is starting to get attention as well. FYI, Larethian the one who translated chapter0, but I guess "pantyshot" would work. I have little concerns about more sexual terms, after all, I even stated "underpants" in chapter1. Hope you like the new chapters! :D
--Wildk 22:55, 15 July 2012 (CDT)
 Thanks to WildK
- thanks a LOT for giving your time translating these novels so we can read them i really apreciate it
— someone from far lands 04:40, 30 april 2010 (GMT-5:00)
- A simple reader of mine thank you a lot for take you free time to translate this novel, in the same way I take my free time to read your work ! Thanks a lot to your hard-work !
— Another one from far lands 20:46, 29 May 2012 (GMT+1)
- Thank you! I loved the show, but i'd like a more detailed ending, so i'm reading the ZnT books. If you finish volume 15, please post it as fast as you can!
- Thank you so much for translating ZnT!!!
— 126.96.36.199 20:27, 15 July 2012 (CDT)
- Oh yay, the advertisement worked. LoL.
— Wildk 20:36, 15 July 2012 (CDT)
- You sir, are one of my heroes! The work you are making is just awesome. Fast and accurate translations, good fluency and no was-this-sentence-translated-by-google kind of sentences. Very good job. Also, I totally understand your complaint about the lack of appreciation a translator receives. I myself am a translator (not of japanese yet, I'm afraid) and work mainly on anime (lots of people in my country have below average english skills so watching anime is kind of hard for them). I totally agree that seeing your work praised tottaly helps your morale, and you get better translations, so people should just stop by to say "Thank you" from time to time, it really does help
— Jonythunder 05:10, 16 July 2012 (GMT)
- This advertisement is amazing! 3 people dropping by for thanks in a single day! Spread the word! It's the appreciation or no translation revolution....!
- Just kidding. But still, it's fantastic to know that I'm not the only translator feel the only way. Personally, I couldn't thank the anime translators more, so my respects here!
— Wildk 01:58, 16 July 2012 (CDT)
- Thanks a lot for translating Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru. I'm really glad you picked this up.
--MaerisCrisis 07:57, 16 July 2012 (CDT)
Huh? You have advertisements? --188.8.131.52 02:26, 17 July 2012 (CDT)
Hi,random reader here and i just wanted to say thank you so much for translation of Znt. I love that story and i think its great that you guys do this!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep up the good work :D
- Hi - Thanks so so much for translating!!! I enjoy the novel a lot (the translation is good :D). Please keep up the good work!
- Well you told us you were playing MMO in your presentation... Which one!!!
Silimir, 29 January 2012 (CST)
- LoL. Haven't been playing MMO for quite some time. I'll notify you guys if I do get hooked up on some games. You better hope I don't :) LOL
- Mabinogi sever Alexia has some really nice people if you ever need help just ask around and you will be sure to find it :) shame i kind of quit (on like a few times a year -,-) and if i ever get back on fill free to add sirgoodguy i'm lv 1.5k (note in mabi under lv 1k is weak 1-2k is normal)
- Don't worry, I've been playing for 6 years and similarly, had to quit due to various reasons, mostly studies. I'm also in Alexia, just so you know and I love the people there, everyone's just really nice ^^