--Zakkun 00:50, 3 May 2012 (CDT)
- Zakkyun~~ --Ryuno
You should email me or pm through the forum; I rarely log into the wiki.
--Thelastguardian 21:57, 2 October 2010 (UTC)
- hi. i decided to continue here, as that was the discussion of my novel, not yours. on that discussion page ppl want to read about your novel, if you get what i mean.
anyway. thank you for your advice. although i'm forced to make a compromise. i'll start writing the first chapter in the next few days, if my lazyness decides to take a vacation.(although i don't know for sure where the plot will go after that) but still, i'm not Nabokov, and i cant't just write without thinking out the plot first. for example if i started writing 2 days ago, i would have not included a very important character trait, which i only came up with yesterday. so i would have had to rewrite the whole thing.so i'll wait before writing the 2nd chapter untill i think of the continuation of the plot. also, i enjoy writing down ideas for my novel, even if it will be a whole notebook. PS. i'm getting better at arithmetics thanks to baka-tsuki.
btw does Underground Tower have anything to do with Longing of Shiina Ryou?
--Idiffer 14:06, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
I'd like to see the first chapter when it's done. Also, UT is unrelated to The Longing of Shiina Ryo but directly related to 12:12 -twelfth honor deed-, although that might sound weird. Arithmetics? I'm currently studying probability theory, physics and biology to apply on The Longing of Shiina Ryo. --Ryuno
- okay about 1st chapter. i meant that when you edit pages on baka-tsuki, it asks you to solve problems like 1+2=...and wait, so you have other completed novels? where can i read them? + that's some serious research you are doing. i can imagine the difficulty of applying physics, when the main character can bend time and space. for my novel, i need to re-read some psychology books. i dont intend to have characters behaving in strange ways, like a guy having a harem of girls in love with him, but he can't choose either of them.
also, i've found it to be easy and very pleasing if you base a character on yourself. i've noticed that in your novel too, with the bass guitar for example.
PS. ah, what the hell, i'll start writing now! although it's 1 o'clock at night and i have work tommorow.--Idiffer 20:24, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
Oh, yeah, the math problems when editing! They sure are fun, except when the same ones appear twice in a row.
No, but I have 12:12 -twelfth honor deed-'s game demo. It kind of sucks because we had like, two weeks to get it done (in order to be able to present a seminar on a college event). Still, it's a project I pretty much HAVE to finish because it is connected to the Underground Tower's final arc (by a third story called Sin of the Moon, Punishment of the Sun).
Shin-tsu thinks he was able to bend Space and Time but even in a small place like that warehouse some damage to the surroundings would have been caused by running at the speed Time "stops"; still, he managed to get there just in time to stop Ryo from suffering the damage from the fall. If he has any "power", it's his unstoppable hot-bloodness in times of need. He just needs to stop acting like a wuss and start fighting his own battles, but I'm afraid those things take time.
Basing characters on yourself is a great way to go, especially if you have Dissociative Identity Disorder. Also, there's more of those shameless personal-interest-inserts coming because the second novel is about Shin-tsu joining a band at school.
PS: Go for it! --Ryuno
- i actually haven't slept since my last reply, lol. i've been writing untill morning and then went to work. but i have only written 2 pages (1000 words) about someone eating breakfast.it was fun, but i hoped to write more in 4 hours, lol.
i'll wait for future volumes then. i hope you will explain in detail what is happening to Shin-tsu and why he's having these delusions of superpower. and i've also included my hobby in my novel, which really wouldn't seem to fit into the story for a person not familiar with the hobby.
about the dissociative identity disorder.
1)if you meant that you can use the 2nd identity as a base for the character, there would be the problem of the identities having seperate banks of memory(you don't remember what you did when the 2nd identity takes control of your body), meaning - you can't know your other identity nearly as well as yours and thus it becomes a poor model. you don't know it's reasoning, logic, desires and so on. so in the end it becomes basing a character on another person and not on yourself, which are two diferent things.
2) if you meant that if you had the disorder, you'd use yourself as a base for a character that has the same disorder, then i agree with you.
--Idiffer 14:07, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
More than one alternative is "correct", and that's why I love the English language; ambiguity is easy to achieve. --Ryuno
- Yeah, english rocks, lol. Many russians say that english is more primitive than russian, but i definitely do not agree. i respect the unique grammatical structures, which allow you to form sentences in interesting ways not possible in my native language. Which pretty much explains why i'm writing a novel in english and not in russian.
btw, did you write your novel in english or did you write it in portugese and then translated it to english?
4 pages written. the chapter will be 15-20 pages long. I hope you don't mind me writing this. i can't really explain all the stupid reasons for doing so, but in general i think it will help me write faster. i'm weird, i know. i'll post updates on my progress of the chapter (2-3 pages at a time) on my user talk page in the future as to not clutter YOUR talk page.
I should probably talk less and write more...
--Idiffer 00:19, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
I wrote it in English because, well, I really don't like how my mother language is changing; recently there were several changes made to our grammar and in my not-so-humble opinion they only make room for misunderstandings (as in taking away a special sign that made the difference between two words that, while being pronounced differently are now written in the exact same way). I refuse to accept those changes because they are making Brazilian Portuguese (a dialect that was so defined and well-structured) poorer. There's also the fact I presumed I would have bigger chances at getting published if I wrote in English (especially considering people don't read around here, let alone fantasy and manga-like stories).
I am looking forward to your story, my friend. --Ryuno
- btw, can you give me a link to your poem please? or send it to me by email, if thats easier. lol, if you want, i can send you my short poem in return. firstname.lastname@example.org
--Idiffer 00:59, 23 October 2010 (UTC)
Sent, and I'd love to read your poem. --Ryuno
- replied to your email.
--Idiffer 12:04, 23 October 2010 (UTC)
 Vol. 2 edits
so i edited the third chapter. there were some lines i was unsure of. can you please take a look at the discussion page of chapter 3? --Idiffer 16:06, 8 May 2012 (CDT)
- Doing so. Thank you very much! --Ryuno
- answered in the discussion page. still some issues. my replies start with a bullet point(if that's what it's called).
- like this--Idiffer 17:25, 8 May 2012 (CDT)
- Thank you very much! --Ryuno