Hidan no Aria:Volume5 Translator's Notes
- Lit. means that I translated it directly. If it is not present, it means that I made a few alterations for the sake of localization.
 Chapter 1
-  Lethal weapon written in katakana, certain kill weapon in kanji.
-  August of 1944.
-  The equivalent term for threefold-repetition in Japanese is 千日手. Lit. Hand of one thousand days. It means that no matter what you do, the situation can be forced back to the same thing. The 千日 (One thousand days) part is what Kinji is referencing.
 Chapter 2
-  Lit. Scarlet Ammo
-  Lit. Scarlet Sky - Lit. Scarlet Sun Door
-  Lit. Scarlet Metal
-  Lit. Coloured Metal
-  Time Mirror
-  Lit. Cherry Blossom
 Chapter 3
-  "Taku" is something along the lines of 'entrust' or 'hint'. It involves God 'entrusting' or 'hinting' something to the diviner in question. Since it is divination, the thing that is 'entrusted' is information. It is less specific than "Sen", because one is not making a direct divination of a subject. Rather, one names a subject and God gives one general information on the subject.
-  "Sen" is to divine. Pretty much what it means. One divines something specific through a request to God.
-  Rich young lady.
-  Konayuki means powder snow.
 Chapter 4
-  Namusan is a derivative of Namusanpou, the three treasures of Buddhism, except that this particular permutation of it is like saying "Oh my Buddha!" However, for the non-Buddhist audiences, I changed it to the Lord's prayer. The wikipedia page fully explains this, It says something along the lines of "magical incantation used when asking for protection in times of danger" as well as the Namusanpou thing I explained above.
-  Fuuma uses sessha, a very ancient 'I'. Take note that all of Fuuma's speech is in this speaking style.
-  Uses フルボッコ(Furu Bokko), which means getting violently destroyed with great violence. Ahem. This is an onomatopoeia equivalent in English, based off ボコボコにする(Boko Boko ni suru), which means getting knocked down or charged down, something to that effect. The Boko is supposed to be the SFX when you get smashed by someone else.
 Chapter 5
-  Lit. Finger Contact/Connect