Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon ?

It was good! Please do more!
96%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 759

jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Kyokai Senjou no Horizon

Post by jonathanasdf »

Have fun in France! Wait, so do you know Japanese, Chinese, English, and French?? What else?

Uhm, I should really add something on topic... Right, I'll start editing it today so I'll see if I notice anything about the narrative style.
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

I know Dutch as well.

I'll be counting on you!
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

blewin wrote:

people who would be reading Horizon here are probably anime viewers, so no, I meant the Japanese readers.
It's apparently quite widespread now....

In perspective because of the nature of the language, the entire series is probably not much thicker than say Dan Abnett's entire Gaunt's Ghosts or the Warhammer Horus Heresy series to date....

――罨――
阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
fazri
Astral Realm

Post by fazri »

thanks godness there someone who translate this LN series.
it's make me more understand about the story because the anime it's not explaint it with detail.
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

There's only so much you can stuff into a TV show dear....

――罨――
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
Dalam
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: CSR

Post by Dalam »

Well, yeah, since they're only using 2 books of the series for the 1st season...dunno if the 2nd season thing is true or not, but I sure hope it is.
Find me on Hongfire if you want to chat more about stuff here. =V
j112
Project Translator

Post by j112 »

damn they used 2 of these books for one season, these things are so huge id expect each book to be 24 episodes
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

Dalam wrote:Well, yeah, since they're only using 2 books of the series for the 1st season...dunno if the 2nd season thing is true or not, but I sure hope it is.
It's a split cour. Second season looks to be likely too, so you haven't seen the last of Horizon's anime yet

――罨――
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
Dalam
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: CSR

Post by Dalam »

Yeah, in April. :D Can't wait for it, as the preview for this last episode looks a bit...depressing towards the end of it. Q-Q
Find me on Hongfire if you want to chat more about stuff here. =V
Stradivarius
Astral Realm

Post by Stradivarius »

Hello,

Having just finished watching the anime I'm REALLY grateful that you brave souls are taking up this translation. I'm in my first year of a BA Japanese course yet I'm no where near the skill level needed to read this on my own. I shall be buying copies of the novel however just as a thanks to Kawakami and Satoyasu for penning and illustrating this fantastic work!

I await more chapters and best regards to Imoutolover, Cosmic Eagle, Suiri Megami Alice, YoakeNoHikari & Skarlath!
herald_of_meridian
Astral Realm

Post by herald_of_meridian »

Hey guys, this is herald_of_meridian, the guy who's "in-charge" in the Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Wiki.

I admit, I'm a bit ashamed that I haven't done much until more recently :P there is a torrent of terminology that both the translators and anime viewers need to face while taking on this series, and I'd like to expand on this wiki as much as the successful Toaru Majutsu no Index Wiki. In fact, I think this needs a wiki more than ever because it's really confusing with all those foreign jargon that would leave most of us tongue-tied.

Right now, I wanted to ask for feedback — which articles need expanding (which might be tackled on if there's available translated material), or anything else in the wiki that needs working on. I'm currently working alone in the wiki, and I need your help on which stuff to add.

Good luck on the translators, by the way. Summer approaches, and the Anglo-Spanish War Arc of Horizon awaits us!
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

herald_of_meridian wrote:Hey guys, this is herald_of_meridian, the guy who's "in-charge" in the Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Wiki.

I admit, I'm a bit ashamed that I haven't done much until more recently :P there is a torrent of terminology that both the translators and anime viewers need to face while taking on this series, and I'd like to expand on this wiki as much as the successful Toaru Majutsu no Index Wiki. In fact, I think this needs a wiki more than ever because it's really confusing with all those foreign jargon that would leave most of us tongue-tied.

Right now, I wanted to ask for feedback — which articles need expanding (which might be tackled on if there's available translated material), or anything else in the wiki that needs working on. I'm currently working alone in the wiki, and I need your help on which stuff to add.

Good luck on the translators, by the way. Summer approaches, and the Anglo-Spanish War Arc of Horizon awaits us!
Err...just wondering, are you Zeroblade? You mean the info dump is it?

Hrrm...I dunno....start with the individual Musashi Ariadust members?

――罨――
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
herald_of_meridian
Astral Realm

Post by herald_of_meridian »

I'm not zeroblade.
Ok, character profiles it is, then.
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

I'll allow myself to change the terminology list a bit. "Edel Blocken" to "EDEL Brocken", matching it with the anime and it makes more sense (kanji read "mountain", among others, the Brocken is a mountain, blocken means to block). I will also change "Wild Kamelie" to "Wildkamelie". Currently people will understand the English "Wild" and wonder what the heck the rest is. Or wonder why the rest isn't written as proper English "Camellia", as I did. (the reason being it's German, not English)

I can't get rid of the feeling there's more I wanted to check up on, but... I forgot ~~

Edit: In chapter 11, I've changed Dako-kun to Damusume-kun. From what I know it's the more frequent reading and also the reading the anime used for that line. I'm not saying we should do everything the way the anime does just because it's the anime, but ~~.
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Basically, you might know herald_of_meridian as Marcus H.

Return to “English”